Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

edgecutter wrote: »
    The bitterness from pool fans 'we would have won last year if we played Ajax'. Tough luck lads, enjoy the fourth place trophy.

Pretty funny. Over the last few years, we've been on our worst run in over quarter of a century and we've still won 3 cups in the last 12 months. They have one in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hococop wrote: »
    I'm sorry souness you want us to play like Liverpool and lose the final?

Passive aggressive nonsense from him tonight.
    This isn't a vintage United side like the ones he's referencing, Jose got blood out of a stone with this victory if we're honest, there's not much more he could have done with the players at his disposal.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is there highlights on anywhere later on?
    Would like to watch some coverage where the broadcaster actually compliment the winners for winning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Jose says Woodward has had his transfer targets for 2 months. Huge win in relation to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jose says Woodward has had his transfer targets for 2 months. Huge win in relation to this.

That's great tbh. Let's see how fast Woody can get these deals wrapped up

Sorry to go back to Souness but and I'm paraphrasing these two:

"You won't win any of the major trophies with these tactics"

Half and hour later:

"I remember Jose using these exact same tactics with Inter when they won the champions league" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Didn't get to see the match tonight but just saw the result, big win and congratulations lads.

Enjoy CL next season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

adox wrote: »
    Is there highlights on anywhere later on?
    Would like to watch some coverage where the broadcaster actually compliment the winners for winning.

I watched it on BT, they were much fairer. Gave credit to Mourinho all game for getting it spot on. Although the main commentator invoked Monday's incident more than I was comfortable with, felt like it was done for the sake of narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

The sh!te being talked on tv3 is hilarious. It's funnier than the apres match version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Quick question, does this guarantee United a spot in the Champions League group stages or play offs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine we are in for a very, very fun two or three weeks.

Reading Griezmann wants it sorted before he goes on his honeymoon in three weeks :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Quick question, does this guarantee United a spot in the Champions League group stages or play offs?

Groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So who'd people want in the Uefa Super Cup in August?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Group stages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Half and hour later:

"I remember Jose using these exact same tactics with Inter when they won the champions league" :pac:

Chelsea won the league 2 seasons ago with same Jose tactics, I'm confused what the surprise is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have to say Darmian, Smalling, Herrera and Fellaini were all terrofic tonight.

Delighted Ander got MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Ajax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Half and hour later:

A Liverpool man commenting on United? I wouldn't waste my time recording his opinion on even toilet paper. We know his past, so we can only imagine the inner rage and turmoil he's enduring right now.

I watched the game on BT Sport, flicked over a couple of times to TV3 and it was pretty much unwatchable for me.

Discussing Ibra now.

I don't think he will be here next season and I probably think it's the right move to not keep him.

I love him to bits and if he didn't have the injury I'd definitely have him for another season but it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jose on Rooney: "Wayne was ready to play and was a big option. If he stays with us next season I'm more than happy about that"...

Up to Rooney whether he leaves it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Doesn't really matter as whoever it is guarantees a great game.

Neutrals may prefer Real as they be more attack minded than Juve are.

A Liverpool man commenting on United? I wouldn't waste my time recording his opinion on even toilet paper. We know his past, so we can only imagine the inner rage and turmoil he's enduring right now.

I watched the game on BT Sport, flicked over a couple of times to TV3 and it was pretty much unwatchable for me.

It's a real pity TV3 get these games because as much as they are past it, at least the RTE2 boys are a little bit entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

We have been back in the Champions League for about an hour and are still further in the competition than Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Jose saying this season has been the most difficult of his career. Can't wait for next season. Add in a few of his own signings, a good pre season, tough year already under his belt in which he wins 2 trophies along with champions league football - we should hopefully see a more ruthless Utd next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Quandary wrote: »
    Jose saying this season has been the most difficult of his career. Can't wait for next season. Add in a few of his own signings, a good pre season, tough year already under his belt in which he wins 2 trophies along with champions league football - we should hopefully see a more ruthless Utd next year.

We can hope anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Juventus, please. Mainly because we've haven't played them in years and also to avoid the fawning over Ronaldo.

Jesus those Juve battles from 1995 to 1999 were some games.

They thought us a lesson in first few but we got hang of them then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Shout out to pogba, valencia and smalling tonight thought they were excellent

Fellaini was decent. Actually he was more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Some feeling of relief tonight, Controlled the game from start to finish i thought with some great performances from Herrera Fellani and Darmian, Smalling deserves a mention too thought he started the game the right way and attacked the balls coming his way and was solid, Just listening to Jose now on Bt with Rio he has really mellowed hopefully he can and wants to build something special here now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

So last time Jose won the Europa League, he went out and won the champions League the season after. Be happy with a repeat of that feat.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Jose on Rooney: "Wayne was ready to play and was a big option. If he stays with us next season I'm more than happy about that"...

Whatever is said I'll be astonished if Rooney is at Utd next season. He's already shown this season he's not part of the plans for the first team.

I f*cking love this club.

The prestigous trophy and CL qualification has me on Cloud 9 here.

Then I remembered other stuff like Griezmann, the match thread - Cloud 10 imminent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

It's a real pity TV3 get these games because as much as they are past it, at least the RTE2 boys are a little bit entertaining.

God knows you cant rely on the team to actually entertain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Im soooooooooo relieved.

That's my primary emotion. Feels like we got out of jail free. Very happy too though.

stankratz wrote: »
    I f*cking love this club.

The prestigous trophy and CL qualification has me on Cloud 9 here.

Then I remembered other stuff like Griezmann, the match thread - Cloud 10 imminent.

Its nice finish the season on a high.

Will make summer more exciting.

More relief for me tonight. But good win. Its still European Trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Heading to Amsterdam in 11 days, can do a tour of the ajax arena and be happy not to see that cup :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

11 pints in absolutely delighted come on united love this club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hold on those pool fans that said we were level on cups can suck my drunk arse 😂😂😂 guess that means we overtake them

GGMU

After that display though do you really think Griezmann is thinking he cant wait to play for the mighty Jose side? 4 shots and 30% possession against kids

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    After that display though do you really think Griezmann is thinking he cant wait to play for the mighty Jose side? 4 shots and 30% possession against kids

Atleti don't play Tiki-Taka themselves now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

And Europa league champions against kids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Stick your EL trophy up your jaxsie.

You're still left with a manger who will never give youth a chance!

Oh, wait

josh-harrop.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If memory serves at Chelsea his business always got wrapped up nice and early, would be a huge and welcome change of pace for us to be honest if it is the case at OT.

Atleti don't play Tiki-Taka themselves now.....

Ah come on all I have been hearing is how United are progressing under Jose and that display was as shocking as the rest of the season.

That team should have destroyed Ajax and under the right manager would have.

Keeping the mighty Dolberg at bay was the reason for being that defensive?? I mean come on your not exactly gonna be like "well Griezmann what ya think about that?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ShaneU wrote: »

Nah, pure political talk in my mind. The last five minutes was a 'goodbye' in a European cup win for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Ah come on all I have been hearing is how United are progressing under Jose and that display was as shocking as the rest of the season.

That team should have destroyed Ajax and under the right manager would have.

Keeping the mighty Dolberg at bay was the reason for being that defensive?? I mean come on your not exactly gonna be like "well Griezmann what ya think about that?"

3 of the back 4 weren't first choice and were playing in front of our 2nd keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

So who we signing?

Greizemann
    Kroos
    Fabinho
    Nainggolan
    Lukaku

Drooooooooooolllllllll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Suits him perfectly, his pace and dribbling 2 of his stronger attributes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement