Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

We are being linked with so many players its crazy. Good to hear the targets were all sorted two months ago.

With the momentum we have going into the summer and the likely buzz, hopefully most of those targets see us as somewhere that's going to land titles and trophies.

I'm expecting 3-4 signings. I'd say one will be someone I won't know much about, but 2-3 will be household names. I don't expect massive turnover. I think plenty in the squad who maybe looked in trouble have ultimately proven themselves and Jose will just be replacing those that left this season. Then just maybe looking at who decides to leave.

In terms of departures I'm expecting Carrick,Rooney,Young,Smalling/Jones to leave. Also think Fellaini will be allowed leave should he wish, but will be kept if he wants.

I'd say everyone else will be staying or getting another chance(Looking at you Shaw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haha not a chance of it been tainted i love this it shows they have a conection with the fans. They are rivals and they singing about it nothing else if i seen pool or city doing the same I'd be happy with that for them it intensifies it love this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Why would Felliani want to leave? 47 appearances this season and selected for a lot of the really big games, I think its obvious the manager rates him so why leave at this stage?

I hope he stays, he has always been a good option for us and the hate for him was always overblown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I wil say this for felanain though i dont like him .

He has kept his head down, his mouth shut and acted like a true professional should

• Why would Felliani want to leave? 47 appearances this season and selected for a lot of the really big games, I think its obvious the manager rates him so why leave at this stage?

I hope he stays, he has always been a good option for us and the hate for him was always overblown.

He was arguably Utd best player last night. (and not for the first time this season)
    Stopped everything Ajax attempted to do.

media_xll_9753633.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

RockSalto wrote: »
    So, Barca apparently want Herrera. Do you think you'll go? He's already somewhat of a cult hero at United. Hope he stays. :(

Put the captaincy on him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He was arguably Utd best player last night. (and not for the first time this season)
    Stopped everything Ajax attempted to do.

media_xll_9753633.jpg

It's been evident all season but the media will report out on Fellaini only when he does something stupid.

Man of the match for me last night. Broke sh!t up, broke people up, bullied, picked the right pass, stayed calm, was a threat at set pieces, freed up other people to do their jobs better. No nonsense midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He was absolutely vital to the gameplan last night, Darmian played a stormer but I'd call Felliani MOTM based on the fact that his role was vital for what United were trying to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Fellaini's most underrated aspect is his ability under pressure and to break away from a press with ease. At one stage he held off 3 Ajax players turned through them with the ball and recycled to a free Pogba who started an attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

astradave wrote: »
    Fellaini's most underrated aspect is his ability under pressure and to break away from a press with ease. At one stage he held of 3 Ajax players turned through them with the ball and recycled to a free Pogba who started an attack.

He did it twice or three times and showed great control while doing it too. He really had a great game last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

siblers wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this, would anyone have a presale code for the Utd v Sampdoria game in the Aviva?

I believe you get them from being a three mobile customer, if you know anyone with three access they can get it for you
    SSE doing pre-sale tickets, use code SSEFAI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Anyone else think last night's game was like watching last year's United vs this year's United?

As someone who's seen a lot of Ajax, the way we set up to counter their press was excellent. They reverted to the Van Gaal ball they'd been playing in previous seasons before very long. I was worried about them but Jose got a solid week and a half to prepare while the rest did them no favours, 12 days off for them after ending the season in red hot form didn't work out for them at all when i was worried we'd come in looking knackered.

Mourinho's some man for winning important games when he gets time to prepare. This was a masterclass in how he flooded the midfield, shut down the space and doubled down on the wings while Fellaini cleaned up in the midfield. Fellaini won SOME amount of ball in the middle of the park yesterday. 15 aerial duels won i think it was? He was a ****ing monster yesterday and created absolute havoc for them, they had absolutely no answer for him. MOTM for me.

Herrera put in another dogged shift reminiscent of Chelsea at home too and was an absolute bulldog. The amount of interceptions and tackles he won as well was unreal. Ziyech was in his back pocket all night. Pogba was class, especially in the first half. That's a good midfield we took on with two players in Ziyech and Klaassen destined for much bigger things and we completely bossed them.

Blind was excellent. Dolberg in his back pocket. Think Blind has definitely earned his keep for another while in recent weeks, a proper O'Shea replacement if there was ever one. We actually had several 7 or 8 out of ten performances in the team last night. So good.

On their end i thought both their CBs were excellent, Sanchez in particular. Jose should keep an eye on him for sure, he's also performed to that standard all season and won't be there much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So looking ahead to the Champions League draw for next season - currently in pot 2.

Pot 1 reserved for the winners of the top 8 leagues (Since Juve or Madrid get the winners spot in pot 1 anyway)
    Madrid, Munich, Juventus, Benfica, Chelsea, Shaktar, Monaco, Moscow

Pot 2 - next highest club coefficients (in order)
    Barcelona, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund, Man City, Porto, Man Utd, Spurs

From what I can see in the qualifiers, Sevilla are the only team with a higher co-efficient that us so if they get through to the group stage Spurs get bumped down to pot 3.

Havent worked down far enough, but looks like if Liverpool get through they'll be towards the end of Pot 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

statto25 wrote: »
    He did it twice or three times and showed great control while doing it too. He really had a great game last night.

He has been doing it all season in fairness. The problem is he will always be associated with Moyes. But if people took off them goggles they would see that he is a fantastic asset to have in the squad. Now that's not to say that he should be a automatic starter but there is going to be games that we absolutely need someone like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

TheDoctor wrote: »
    So looking ahead to the Champions League draw for next season .

Bx6Hsx3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

astradave wrote: »
    He has been doing it all season in fairness. The problem is he will always be associated with Moyes. But if people took off them goggles they would see that he is a fantastic asset to have in the squad. Now that's not to say that he should be a automatic starter but there is going to be games that we absolutely need someone like him

I completely agree and I admire the way Jose protected & stood by Fellani earlier this year. Last night showed us his trust was well place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I thought fellaini played very well but I would disagree with anyone implying that such performances from him have been the norm this season. Yes - he got out of some tight situations brilliantly last night. I have seen him buckle under the tiniest pressure and play a poor pass backwards a lot this season too.

In no way am I saying sell him - i'd certainly keep him - but at the same time i wouldn't want him to be in an 'automatic starter' situation next season - we'd have failed to recruit properly in midfield if thats the case, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Why would Felliani want to leave? 47 appearances this season and selected for a lot of the really big games, I think its obvious the manager rates him so why leave at this stage?

Well that is what I'm saying, he will only go if he wants to.

I don't think he will be sold or forced out, regardless of this "Not a United player" tag he carries.

Last night was the perfect example of where he is useful. He was class. Could watch him swat away people and take down balls on his chest all day long

• Rod Munch wrote: »
    Bx6Hsx3.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Nice to wake up this morning with the prospect of midweek Utd games on Terrestrial TV next season.I would not be a fan of Fellaini and would not see him as a typical 'Man Utd' type player but he was central to the win last night.

He is definitely worth keeping around as a squad player next season.For someone prone to lapses in concentration Smalling was very good as well.If nothing else he didn't do his sales price any harm if the rumours about him exiting are true:).

The OH would have minimal interest in Sport and asked me this morning what the win meant for Utd.I said 'means I will be watching more Utd games midweek next year (don't have BT sports)....she wasn't enthused by that answer:)

The one low point of the night was in post game celebrations when Jesse 'I Love Social media' Lingard decides to post the Utd squad singing an anti Man City ditty in the dressingroom.By all means have the deserved craic in the dressingroom but keep it there within the group involved.
    For the love of Jesus will someone in the hierarchy at Utd take that lad aside and explain to him that there is a time and a place for everything...and if he keeps posting up inappropriate stuff start fining him wages as he might learn when his pay packet gets hit .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Champions league next season and Griezmann possibly signing soon? That will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Not sure if the prices for the match in Lansdowne have been posted yet. From Ticketmaster.....

WEST STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

SOUTH STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

EAST STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

WEST STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00 - ?70.00

EAST STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00 - ?70.00

WEST STAND - UPPER
    ?40.00 - ?60.00

SOUTH STAND - UPPER
    ?60.00

SOUTH STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00

NORTH STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00

EAST STAND - UPPER
    ?40.00 - ?60.00

Prices subject to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Mourinho showed again last night how to dominate a match with just 31% of the possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

SteM wrote: »
    Not sure if the prices for the match in Lansdowne have been posted yet. From Ticketmaster.....

WEST STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

SOUTH STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

EAST STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

WEST STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00 - ?70.00

EAST STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00 - ?70.00

WEST STAND - UPPER
    ?40.00 - ?60.00

SOUTH STAND - UPPER
    ?60.00

SOUTH STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00

NORTH STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00

EAST STAND - UPPER
    ?40.00 - ?60.00

P1 adult €90.95 same for child
    P2 adult €75.96 P2 child €16.00
    P3 adult €65.95 P3 child €16.00
    P4 adult €43.95 child €16.00

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United shares started to surge when United went ahead.
    They were around $16.90 a share before the match started, United started well and the shares started to rise, United scored and shares ended at $17.35 as trading for the say ceased.
    In pre-market trading the shares are now $17.90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RobertKK wrote: »
    United shares started to surge when United went ahead.
    They were around $16.90 a share before the match started, United started well and the shares started to rise, United scored and shares ended at $17.35 as trading for the say ceased.
    In pre-market trading the shares are now $17.90.

More CL money next year - and the adidas money isn't getting reduced.

Though I don't think shareholders make money on shares (dividends) so only selling the actual shares will make money; unless the Glazers sell and there is currently no indication of that as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

WEST STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

SOUTH STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

EAST STAND - PREMIUM
    ?85.00

WEST STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00 - ?70.00

EAST STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00 - ?70.00

WEST STAND - UPPER
    ?40.00 - ?60.00

SOUTH STAND - UPPER
    ?60.00

SOUTH STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00

NORTH STAND - LOWER
    ?60.00

EAST STAND - UPPER
    ?40.00 - ?60.00

For a preseason friendly? That is crazy that anyone would pay that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Leroy42 wrote: »
    For a preseason friendly? That is crazy that anyone would pay that.

Think its 6 days before the super cup so a weak united team could play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Though I don't think shareholders make money on shares (dividends) so only selling the actual shares will make money; unless the Glazers sell and there is currently no indication of that as far as I am aware.

Robertkk is the man to ask he is the wolf of wall street around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

spiralism wrote: »
    Anyone else think last night's game was like watching last year's United vs this year's United?

As someone who's seen a lot of Ajax, the way we set up to counter their press was excellent. They reverted to the Van Gaal ball they'd been playing in previous seasons before very long. I was worried about them but Jose got a solid week and a half to prepare while the rest did them no favours, 12 days off for them after ending the season in red hot form didn't work out for them at all when i was worried we'd come in looking knackered.

Mourinho's some man for winning important games when he gets time to prepare. This was a masterclass in how he flooded the midfield, shut down the space and doubled down on the wings while Fellaini cleaned up in the midfield. Fellaini won SOME amount of ball in the middle of the park yesterday. 15 aerial duels won i think it was? He was a ****ing monster yesterday and created absolute havoc for them, they had absolutely no answer for him. MOTM for me.

Herrera put in another dogged shift reminiscent of Chelsea at home too and was an absolute bulldog. The amount of interceptions and tackles he won as well was unreal. Ziyech was in his back pocket all night. Pogba was class, especially in the first half. That's a good midfield we took on with two players in Ziyech and Klaassen destined for much bigger things and we completely bossed them.

Blind was excellent. Dolberg in his back pocket. Think Blind has definitely earned his keep for another while in recent weeks, a proper O'Shea replacement if there was ever one. We actually had several 7 or 8 out of ten performances in the team last night. So good.

On their end i thought both their CBs were excellent, Sanchez in particular. Jose should keep an eye on him for sure, he's also performed to that standard all season and won't be there much longer.

Chelsea are apparently interested in Sanchez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Haha so souness was apparently spot on last night and not bitter at all according to our resident scousers but Owen was a Judas and an 'odious cretin' for daring to say "we" in reference to United.

Hypocrisy on days like this is so funny.

Jayop wrote: »
    Haha so souness was apparently spot on last night and not bitter at all according to our resident scousers but Owen was a Judas and an 'odious cretin' for daring to say "we" in reference to United.

Hypocrisy on days like this is so funny.

Lets face it, it's a set of supporters that are always looking for something to moan about. I knew that they'd be up in arms when I heard him say it last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

United do pay a dividend to both Class A and B shareholders. Although the Glazers own all of the B class shares. Also, the shirt deal would have had some impact but if we failed to qualify for the CL the reduction in money would be spread out over the lifetime of the deal as opposed to a hit over one year.

I wouldn't be spending my money on United Shares just yet :P

• Advertisement

Still warm from the afterglow of last night's victory, Facebook just reminded me that today is the 9 year anniversary of John Terry slip day.

So on this most glorious of days I am officially retiring from cup final match thread duties.

I'm three for three so will take a leaf from Fergies book and bow to out while at the top.

It's been a fun 12 months all things considered.

:cool:

Lets face it, it's a set of supporters that are always looking for something to moan about. I knew that they'd be up in arms when I heard him say it last night.

They can't make peace with the fact he got a league winners medal with us.

Their outrage sustains me, comforts me, arouses me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just got 11/2 on Greizmann to sign for United. Then I notice it has to be our next signing! That kinda changes everything lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Super Cup V Madrid/Juve is Tuesday 8th August
    League starts on Saturday 12th August

What date is the Dublin game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

2nd August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Micheal Owen is really starting to grow on me

Wednesday 2nd August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Micheal Owen is really starting to grow on me

you should take something for that

• jaykay74 wrote: »
    Going to the game tonight with my dad and two of my kids. Mixture of excitement and stress!

Delighted for ya lad! Hope you all had a ball :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,289 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

United do pay a dividend to both Class A and B shareholders. Although the Glazers own all of the B class shares. Also, the shirt deal would have had some impact but if we failed to qualify for the CL the reduction in money would be spread out over the lifetime of the deal as opposed to a hit over one year.

I wouldn't be spending my money on United Shares just yet :P

i have a few. must say i'm disappointed with the lack of movement today. thought after CL qualification there would be a nice bump in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Sand

i have a few. must say i'm disappointed with the lack of movement today. thought after CL qualification there would be a nice bump in price.

Probably already priced in that United were favourites to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/ajaxdailydotcom/status/867662879931158528

Won the cup but lost the passing. For shame, José.

• Sand wrote: »
    Probably already priced in that United were favourites to win.

More than likely, I think the majority of the shift in price happened when Utd qualified for the final in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ajax are letting themselves down nearly as bitter as the others

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

So bitter yet so sweet :D I love it :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement