Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Perisic played wide left for Croatia at the European championships. I think he's more of a right footer though.

With the likes of martial, lingers, Mrhiki,mata and few others I don't know why we'd sign him.

He's got a good work rate and run all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

jayo26 wrote: »
    That sounds like hell I would be moving

It's heaven. Like being back to the Fergie days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I thought he was more left and central?

I think he's played as the second striker also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Discodog wrote: »
    So I am doing some work in the garden.

First neighbour - that was some ****e ye played on Wednesday. Jose will ruin ye.

Second neighbour - can't stand that moaning f Mourinho

Third neighbour - Souness would be a good manager for ya. He knows where Jose is going wrong.

I am so happy. Jose has bought the salt back :D

Sell the house pal. It's the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Install a statue of Mourinho in your garden with a list of all his major trophies as a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Would be happy with Arsenal winning this FA Cup. Takes a bit of shine off Chelsea and sickens Arsenal fans who hate Wenger. Win win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Antibac wrote: »
    I think he's played as the second striker also

He ain't no bad player between as out major problem is scoring goals and bringing In a player that has a 1 in 4 games scoring average wouldn't be my cup of tea especially seen as he is 28.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Install a statue of Mourinho in your garden with a list of all his major trophies as a manager.

And statue of Michael Owen looking up at it adoringly.

We :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

It's heaven. Like being back to the Fergie days
    The thing I miss most about the Fergie days is exciting football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That's a myth for the most part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Headshot wrote: »

Yeah and no, though you're right that the last few years were very much about grinding out results (and doing a great job of it) more than scintillating play etc. That said, the goals scored column has fallen off a cliff since his retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/868505688619839488

Raiola to @SkySport: "Ibrahimovic can play 2 years more. He had many offers but he will stay in Europe, 100%". No MLS for Zlatan.

Bullsh*t, for the most part.

You obviously didn't watch the last few years. SAF did a lot of damage to the club especially, at the end & by choosing Moyes & not replacing our midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

You obviously didn't watch the last few years. SAF did a lot of damage to the club especially, at the end & by choosing Moyes & not replacing our midfield.

Yea he ruined the club. Won the league in his final season. Awful

• Advertisement

I have no interest in sugar coating Fergie's reign and am in complete agreement that the football lost it's shine under him eventually. But I only meant that if I was to miss anything about the Fergie years it wouldn't be the lording it over moronic rival fans but some of the actual fantastic games we played that were a pleasure to watch. They weren't all like that but anyone who says there is very little difference between Utd style at Fergie's peak and now is talking horse manure.

bangkok wrote: »
    Yea he ruined the club. Won the league in his final season. Awful

Yep & left us with a squad that needed a massive overhaul & a manager hopelessly out of his depth.

People only remember the golden years. The United Way is a old dream. Winning is the United Way & nothing else really matters. Having said that I think that we will end up playing exciting football under Jose & I think that we will have more European success than under SAF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Perisic played wide left for Croatia at the European championships. I think he's more of a right footer though.

With the likes of martial, lingers, Mrhiki,mata and few others I don't know why we'd sign him.

He's got a good work rate and run all day.

United have a lot of players who can play out wide but Most of them aren't proper wide men.They can do a job but I think a proper wide attacking forward is needed.

Can't comment on Perisic as iv only seen him a few times but a proper Wide man is needed imo.

2017 trophy win record:

United 2 trophies
    Chelsea 1 trophy
    Arsenal 1 trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

2017 trophy win record:

United 2 trophies
    Chelsea 1 trophy
    Arsenal 1 trophy.

United 3 trophies - Get it fúckin right, Right!

#thecommunityshieldcounts

• Advertisement

How did all the future of football managers do this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

GSPfan wrote: »
    United 3 trophies - Get it fúckin right, Right!

#thecommunityshieldcounts

One could say the most important of them all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Yep & left us with a squad that needed a massive overhaul & a manager hopelessly out of his depth.

People only remember the golden years. The United Way is a old dream. Winning is the United Way & nothing else really matters. Having said that I think that we will end up playing exciting football under Jose & I think that we will have more European success than under SAF.

Winning and playing good football for majority of season is the united way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The squad Moyes was left was good and needed 3 additions just like most other seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

beno619 wrote: »
    The squad Moyes was left was good and needed 3 additions just like most other seasons.

Vidic and Ferdinand were done, Fergie had recognised that Rooney was no longer the player he was and had begun phasing him out, Evra was shagged, midfield was a mess and Valencia was in an awkward transition phase between converting from a winger to a hard working RB.

Moyes simply wasn't given the necessary time to sort out the deficiencies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

It was mentioned on here the other day that Utd are after Matic,hope its not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

The United way was to battle until the last minute. Had a habit of knicking them all important goal at the death because they just had the belief and that was instilled by Fergie. The tactics played was dependant on who opposition was and how important the game was so the style of play and formation varied.

beno619 wrote: »

It wasn't great, but a better manager would have identified the need for improvements - I'm kind of grateful Moyes didn't though, given we were apparently interested in Herrera before him but instead got the Fellaini clusterf*** on the back of the Fabregas clusterf*** (not just signing Fellaini, but the entire process for those who remember it). I kind of dread to think what might have happened had he been given a £200mn war chest. :o

It was a team that had just won the league, though a good deal of that was down to RVP playing a blinder for most of the year, along with Carrick and a defense that was getting up in years. That said, tactics were never much of a strong point of Fergie's, but what he was unbelievable at was adapting, keeping everyone (or as good as everyone) on the same page and 100% up for every game, and playing to his teams strengths (rotating older guys, having Carrick typically occupy a very particular part of the pitch, etc). By contrast, Moyes ran the older guys like Rio into the absolute ground over the first few months of the season (in training too), completely failed to get the locker room on his side, and did some incredibly stupid things like expecting Carrick +1 to occupy the middle 30 yards of the pitch almost on their own at times while putting the team around Rooney who was already early in his decline at that point. Then there was the whole 4-4-2, cross-cross-cross, assume-fetal-position-for-last-20-mins-when-winning stuff which genuinely seems to have left a lasting mental scar on the team's confidence (not helped one bit by LVG) that we've finally began to see fading under Jose, though still not fully gone. I think most of us will remember the Fulham post match interview and "we should aspire to be as good as Man City" stuff for a long, long, long, long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ah stop.

In fairness I often said people were talking ****e about Ferguson's teams entertainment-wise in the latter days but you could watch them all day long from the early 90s on for about 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

thelad95 wrote:
    Moyes simply wasn't given the necessary time to sort out the deficiencies.

Moyes has subsequently shown up for the level of manager he is at Sociedad and Sunderland

Appointing him was one of Fergie's biggest misjudgements, up there with Kleberson and Djemba Djemba.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    Moyes has subsequently shown up for the level of manager he is at Sociedad and Sunderland

Appointing him was one of Fergie's biggest misjudgements, up there with Kleberson and Djemba Djemba.

Way more than Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba... those two cost a combined £9mn I think it was (even if that does translate to about £20mn today). Moyes was by far the worst person for the job that Ferguson was involved in bringing it out of all players, staff, etc in his entire time at the club when weighing everything up. An absolute catastrophe that we can consider ourselves fortune to have not been given the chance to rebuild the squad in the Fellaini/Leighton Baines mold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Was it a misjudgment ? I have often wondered about the real reason especially with the whole Giggs episode. It's good that SAF's & the oldies, influence is finally gone. Woodie, Jose & the Glaziers are a good mix.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Must buy Aubameyang, so they wish us the best in the CL next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Discodog wrote:
    Was it a misjudgment ? I have often wondered about the real reason especially with the whole Giggs episode. It's good that SAF's & the oldies, influence is finally gone. Woodie, Jose & the Glaziers are a good mix.

I'd like to hope that it was misjudgement rather than anything more sinister, not something anyone will ever conclusively have an answer on I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not sure if mentioned, but did not realise Pogba father was very ill for while. Not making excuses for his season, but with the distraction something like that would have it may be understandable if he was bit all over shop this season.

Not sure if mentioned, but did not realise Pogba father was very ill for while. Not making excuses for his season, but with the distraction something like that would have it may be understandable if he was bit all over shop this season.

Didn't effect his performances compared to other years in my opinion. It's just people expect more from him because of his wages but I think he has been grand if he does take his performances up another level.with a few goals he will be brilliant.

20170526_160945.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

2017 trophy win record:

United 2 trophies
    Chelsea 1 trophy
    Arsenal 1 trophy.

Liverpool 0 trophies

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Liverpool 0 trophies

October league title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'd like to hope that it was misjudgement rather than anything more sinister, not something anyone will ever conclusively have an answer on I suspect.

I do. I have a conclusive answer. He got it wrong. Not on purpose, not maliciously or whatever mad conspiracy theory that is being insinuated here. Justhe got it honestly wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently Lyon have made a €13m bod for Hernandez as a Lacazette replacement.

#ChicaReturn is dying :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

October league title

"Our year, champions of August" for the past ten consecutive seasons.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pretty sure Klopp said Top 4 is like a trophy so hey, that's....something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently Lyon have made a €13m bod for Hernandez as a Lacazette replacement.

#ChicaReturn is dying :(

Wonder what might have happened if he had scored that penalty :D

• Advertisement

I do. I have a conclusive answer. He got it wrong. Not on purpose, not maliciously or whatever mad conspiracy theory that is being insinuated here. Justhe got it honestly wrong.

I am not insinuating anything. It just seemed like an astonishing choice. Especially when there should of been oversight from the board etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

ShaneU wrote: »

Brilliant news, his expierence will be needed if we are to buy another midfielder this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

• 45 million for Rooney
    Take the ****ing hands off them woody

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement