Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A player like Perisic would be great on the break and provide width in games United are in control of the ball. Can see why he would be linked to a Jose team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

More like •45 million I would say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    45 million for Rooney
    Take the ****ing hands off them woody

I'd say it's wages mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jayo26 wrote: »

That would be £300000 a week on a 3 year deal, they would be mental to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That was my first thought. 45 million over 3 years is about 250 k a week isn't it?(maths not my strong point lads) you'd have to guess he'd want that kind of money. Didn't he say united are everton are the only teams he'd play for also?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

nullzero wrote: »
    I'd let him go for a promise that Tony Pulis would have to keep his cap off for the whole season. And no cheating with wooly hats in January.

He is with west brom, sparky is in charge of stoke

Hococop wrote: »
    That would be £300000 a week on a 3 year deal, they would be mental to do that

As I said mostly ;) could be bit if transfer fee and rest on wages I couldn't imagine him moving for less then 200k a week.

But I though Rooney said other day he wouldn't play for anyone else other then United or every in so I can't imagine it been true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hococop wrote: »
    He is with west brom, sparky is in charge of stoke

Hence me deleting the post. It's been a long day, I'm off to bed before I embarrass my myself further.
    Posted it and had one of those, just nodded and said hello to a stranger you thought was someone you know moments

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

No way Stoke will stump up that kinda cash .Be ****ing madness.
    Rooney said he will only play for United or Everton.
    He's better off going to MLS for 2 or 3 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sky sports now saying Perisic close to joining through their own sources

Which by their own sources probably mean twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If they get him on essentially a free/minimal transfer fee it probably would not work out that much more expensive than laying out €20-30m on a striker (which seem the minimum these days for anyone with 2 legs) + wages on top and there would probably be a commercial benefit in terms of jersey sales etc. too.

But he probably will move outside the PL if everton isn't an option I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Carrick has signed a one year extension according to the BBC, not a bad squad option to keep around so happy with that.

It'll be nice to see the next few weeks who comes in and who leaves. Rooney the most interesting of the lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Soooo your man Perisic?

Anthony Martial you should be worried.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Soooo your man Perisic?

Yeh for sure it will be either up front or on the bench I'd say.

Interesting Jose says ed knows who he wants since March and I think it was also match when Jose went to Croatia to "get away from football" on international break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Soooo your man Perisic?

Martial > perisic

duffman13 wrote: »
    Carrick has signed a one year extension according to the BBC, not a bad squad option to keep around so happy with that.

He sure did zerks ;)

bangkok wrote: »
    Martial > perisic

See this is the problem I have with perisic he is a really good solid player but he has less goals in two years then martial and he is 8 years older it don't really make sense to me I'm assuming Jose has a big plan for him.

Martial > perisic

You think Martial will be at United in October? I really don't.

RockSalto wrote: »
    I've just watched a YouTube clip of Perisic and I'm convinced he'll be world class for us. :cool:

Seriously though, on paper he looks very good. Comfortable on either foot too.

I haven't watched Inter at all this season so maybe someone else could give us some more info...

I used him on fifa.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Mirror saying Stoke's new sponsorship deal will fund the Rooney transfer.
    It'd be an odd one seeing as United or Everton are the only English teams he'd play for.I honestly can't see him moving abroad, he's too much of a home bid and so is Coleen but judging by the amount of holidays she goes on you'd never think it.

See this is the problem I have with perisic he is a really good solid player but he has less goals in two years then martial and he is 8 years older it don't really make sense to me I'm assuming Jose has a big plan for him.

Its squad balancing Jayo. If we sell Martial it'll be for a massive lump sum, and you can't buy Lord TSC's dream pair with good thoughts.

Griezmann and Lukaku will cost £150 million. Martial will pay for 40% of that. I'm speculating but I think it's gonna happen. Maybe it won't, maybe I'm jumping, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Its squad balancing Jayo. If we sell Martial it'll be for a massive lump sum, and you can't buy Lord TSC's dream pair with good thoughts.

Griezmann and Lukaku will cost £150 million. Martial will pay for 40% of that. I'm speculating but I think it's gonna happen. Maybe it won't, maybe I'm jumping, but I wouldn't rule it out.

I think your doing more then jumping haha.

United already have 30 percent of that in the bank I won't rage over perisic or say he isn't s good signing but if I had a choice and compare what he brings to the club over martial I'd prefer give martial another year.

But if the manager thinks he can't work with martial well that's fair enough I'll trust him either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

F*£k greizman I'm not sure one him . harry kane 100m spurs won't refuse that and he's a goal machine in the PL .

zerks wrote: »
    The Mirror saying Stoke's new sponsorship deal will fund the Rooney transfer.
    It'd be an odd one seeing as United or Everton are the only English teams he'd play for.I honestly can't see him moving abroad, he's too much of a home bid and so is Coleen but judging by the amount of holidays she goes on you'd never think it.

Thats women for ya my wife says she hates shopping but she spends her weekends on the town.

dor843088 wrote: »
    F*£k greizman I'm not sure one him . harry kane 100m spurs won't refuse that and he's a goal machine in the PL .

You're not thinking 3rd dimensionly. Buy them both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

You're not thinking 3rd dimensionly. Buy them both.

Jose should have left you in charge

When you look at the age of squad and with who will likely leave this year buying someone with the experience of Perisic makes sense and doesn't mean that Martial will be shipped out

Also... athletico chairman came out and said Griezmann will be at their stadium next season. Don't think he will have a say in it though

You think Martial will be at United in October? I really don't.

99% he will be, would be crazy to sell him. He has the potential to be a world class player if played in his correct position

99% he will be, would be crazy to sell him. He has the potential to be a world class player if played in his correct position

Mourinho sold Mata - 2 time player of the year.

I'm just saying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Express: United to offer Jose a new 5 yr deal.

The Mail: Jose wants a deal to sign Keane wrapped up quickly.

• Advertisement

Mourinho sold Mata - 2 time player of the year.

I'm just saying!

Mata wanted to move to a bigger club..

Mata wanted to move to a bigger club..

You're missing the point. Jose does unexpected things. He sold De Bruyne too. Can't say he won't sell Martial because he is potentially brilliant. He can, and would. IMO.

You're missing the point. Jose does unexpected things. He sold De Bruyne too. Can't say he won't sell Martial because he is potentially brilliant. He can, and would. IMO.

Only club i could see martial going to is psg and i doubt they need him with di maria and draxler already at the club. I am very confident martial will be at the club next season

Carrick new deal, excellent news. Class player and a united legend. Will prob retire at the club next season as well.

Only club i could see martial going to is psg and i doubt they need him with di maria and draxler already at the club. I am very confident martial will be at the club next season

Definitely depends on who would bid for him. If PSG come in then its a big chance. Inter and AC I believe have money this season, you never know if they'll come calling. And Monaco will have a few hundred million to spend. If there's a buyer, I reckon Jose sells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Can City afford the £300 million being bandied about with Fair Play regulations ?

Definitely depends on who would bid for him. If PSG come in then its a big chance. Inter and AC I believe have money this season, you never know if they'll come calling. And Monaco will have a few hundred million to spend. If there's a buyer, I reckon Jose sells.

Martial will cost at least 40-50m. Psg dont need him. Cant see him goung to italy. I think under the right conditions, martial will score us at least 20 goals next season. He just needs the right guidance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Discodog wrote: »
    Can City afford the £300 million being bandied about with Fair Play regulations ?
    Ain't them regs gone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

dor843088 wrote: »

Spurs would laugh at £100mn for Harry Kane imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Griezmann and Lukaku will cost ?150 million. Martial will pay for 40% of that. I'm speculating but I think it's gonna happen. Maybe it won't, maybe I'm jumping, but I wouldn't rule it out.

What team in Europe would value Martial at 65Million sterling? He has done absolutely nothing to command such a price. I'm all for believing in talent but fans would do well to realise that European clubs will not pay Premier League prices, and PL clubs won't sell to direct rivals. What top club in Europe has the ability to take a gamble of almost their entire transfer budget on an unproven player (albeit with bags of potential). Just because Utd value Martial at 65M doesn't mean anyone else does (and that goes for all PL teams).

Spurs wouldn't even negotiate for 100M for Kane, he's the best striker by a large margin in England, and they have him for a full 5 five years more, even if he went on a free he's worth more than 20M a season to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Was told a few weeks back that Keane is all but done and likely to be the first major signing of the summer. Seems to be the word around Manchester anyway, from what my family there tell me.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

domrush wrote: »
    What team in Europe would value Martial at 65Million sterling? He has done absolutely nothing to command such a price. I'm all for believing in talent but fans would do well to realise that European clubs will not pay Premier League prices, and PL clubs won't sell to direct rivals. What top club in Europe has the ability to take a gamble of almost their entire transfer budget on an unproven player (albeit with bags of potential). Just because Utd value Martial at 65M doesn't mean anyone else does (and that goes for all PL teams).

Spurs wouldn't even negotiate for 100M for Kane, he's the best striker by a large margin in England, and they have him for a full 5 five years more, even if he went on a free he's worth more than 20M a season to them.

Its £60 million.

(A) Some say he's potentially world class and we shouldn't sell him,
    (B) Some say we'd never get £60 million.

I'm hoping the clubs who think (A) will not think (B). Therefore pay us a fortune or he is staying with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Its ?60 million.

(A) Some say he's potentially world class and we shouldn't sell him,
    (B) Some say we'd never get ?60 million.

I'm hoping the clubs who think (A) will not think (B). Therefore pay us a fortune or he is staying with us.

But sure who is going to pay ye 60 million for a lad who can't make it into the starting squad? There is only 5 candidates outside England with that kind of cash:
    Juve, Barca, Bayern, Real and possibly PSG. What has he done to earn that price? His valuation will only go down in the next season assuming he again gets little time ahead of Utd's big Summer spend

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Giggernaut

domrush wrote: »
    But sure who is going to pay ye 60 million for a lad who can't make it into the starting squad? There is only 5 candidates outside England with that kind of cash:
    Juve, Barca, Bayern, Real and possibly PSG. What has he done to earn that price? His valuation will only go down in the next season assuming he again gets little time ahead of Utd's big Summer spend

I just think Martial's age and the personal issues he has had have had an impact. I'm sure Jose sees the potential as we all have. The sulking and lack of consistent drive when playing does frustrate.
    God, so much potentIal.I hope he recognises it at Utd cause he is the one who could come back to haunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

KDB had done nothing for Chelsea and nobody batted an eyelid when he was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

KdB barely played for Chelsea, Martial played a lot and is rated. Unless Martial wants out like KdB did, he won't be sold.

So apparently Chelsea are looking to extend Diego Costas contract, doubt the would go for Lukaku if they do that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Korat wrote: »
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more he's an immense talent!

12 months ago maybe, he's looked more like Memphis this year.

Jose still seems to have faith in him so hopefully it's just second season syndrome.

I tend to agree. I'm hoping but from watching him play he actually looks a bit limited. Technically he is excellent but running with the ball and in tight areas he looks awkward and unable to change direction quickly. I think he has been figured out and is easily dealt with by opponents.

I think his future is as a finisher of chances and not a creator of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I tend to agree. I'm hoping but from watching him play he actually looks a bit limited. Technically he is excellent but running with the ball and in tight areas he looks awkward and unable to change direction quickly. I think he has been figured out and is easily dealt with by opponents.

I think his future is as a finisher of chances and not a creator of chances.

My worry is he's been figured out too. Hard to say. When he played on the left, he obviously looked to cut back in a lot and defenders were wise to this.

In his defence though, our attacking play was pedestrian this year so he rarely had open space to run into. We'd all hope that's going to change next season.

He definitely had a poor second season but he has ability that would make me reluctant to sell him just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The problem with Martial, for me, is the sheer level Of expectations people have for him is too much. You can see it here when people are defending him, saying he has potential to be world class. He's 21 and his supporters are placing such massively high expectations on him.

He was lumped with too much far too quickly. He may become world class, but he's at United at a time when, to be frank, we don't have the ability to play him into that sort of form. Jose needs to challenge for the title this year, and while Martial MIGHT have potential to be world class, Jose needs someone who can be consistently very good now, not in three years.

Ideally, given his age, there'd be no issue with just having him as a bench player. At his age, there should be no rush to have him playing week in, week out. But because of the hype...does anyone think he'll be happy as a bench player? The hype, from his fee and from his fans, means he will likely demand a first place position and will not be happy sitting on the bench developing :/

It's why I think you'll see him sold. Whatever potential he might have, Jose might decide to offload a player not happy to develop and look to bring in a Perisic type player, older but someone who can do it for us right now. It's basically Zaha again; poor timing for a kid to join with a massive amount of hype that prevents him just going on loan or sitting on the bench to learn a bit more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement