Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rod Munch wrote: »
    If we are to sell Mike we better get at least £25m for him.

We have been rogered in the transfer market every single time with the exception of Ronaldo though even at £80m he was an absolute steal.

We don't need to sell so there is no point unless silly money is offered.

I think we did well with Memphis and Morgan to get money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

beno619 wrote: »
    In defence or Martial and anyone who has played on the wing this season they have had feck all support from Darmian and Blind.

I think Rashford has done a lot better when played on the wing (with Darmian, Blind, Young at LB) than Martial imo, so I don't buy that as an excuse to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think Rashford has done a lot better

Rashford is showing Martial up to be honest. Its not that he scores more goals or anything, but he faces the same challenges Martial does and in my opinion there is a marked difference in his attitude and application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Inters director has said there is interest from United for Perisic but no offer yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think we did well with Memphis and Morgan to get money back.

True, forgot about those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Sell the house pal. It's the right thing to do.

Burn down the house, no one deserves neighbours like that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    Inters director has said there is interest from United for Perisic but no offer yet.

Scored a goal for them tonight too.

I think Rashford has done a lot better when played on the wing (with Darmian, Blind, Young at LB) than Martial imo, so I don't buy that as an excuse to be honest.

I think martial gets unfairly judged. I think obviously Jose has his issues with him but he has been as good as Rashford when he plays generally.

20170528_205640.png

Martial beats Rashford hands down for assists all over and although had done better in the Europa league martial has nearly played in it.

I just hope martial gets his attitude sorted because.there is a talented player on there.

I saw the talk here about City offering €130 million for mBappe,news from Spain this evening is that Madrid have revised their transfer plans to match that.I reckon that'll be a big Galactico out (Bale??) and any lingering plans for getting De Gea shelved.

• Advertisement

Bale would be ideal without his inuuries but it would be a massive gamble for any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I might imagine that any difference in attitude between Martial and Rashford, is that Rashford came through the ranks and will be more grateful for the chance of first team football and willing to work harder for it. Martial came in on a relatively big money transfer and had a very good initial season. He started the second season by having his shirt number taken and his star being taken by an academy graduate. I'd hope that he comes back mentally stronger, older and wiser next season, but that'll be down to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Lord TSC wrote:
    Scored a goal for them tonight too.

And 2 very impressive assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bale would be ideal without his inuuries but it would be a massive gamble for any team.

I don't think Bale is a gamble at all. Yeah he's been injured this year but has he been regularly injured before the big injury this season?

I know he always seems to be nursing something but don't think he's in Michael Owen Hargreaves territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

GSPfan wrote: »
    I don't think Bale is a gamble at all. Yeah he's been injured this year but has been regularly injured before the big injury this season?

I know he always seems to be nursing something but don't think he's in Michael Owen Hargreaves territory.

Did a doc not mention he had a back issue? Could be wrong

Also how much would he cost?

Hococop wrote: »
    Did a doc not mention he had a back issue? Could be wrong

Also how much would he cost?

Think there was something said by someone about back issues but I think its been over played. Sure Giggs was riddled with muscle/hamstring problems but played until he was 40 or whatever. I don't think Bale is going to be retired by these injuries. Just needs to be managed better. He is worth the effort.

I reckon you are talking Pogba money for Bale even now a few years on from being sold for Pogba money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

If the Bale move was a possible goer we should move the sun moon and the stars to get him, only so many players of his level on the planet nevermind available.

Wasn't it one of the United players that had his wisdom teeth removed, they found out that they were causing some of the problems.
    Giggs even had to change cars as the way he was sitting in his Ferrari was causing him back and hamstring problems.

Somebody posted this link re Bale's injuries a while back (can't remember who - sorry!:o) Makes for interesting reading

http://www.espnfc.com/club/real-madrid/86/blog/post/3112177/breaking-down-bale-injury-plagued-real-madrid-career-season-by-season

Wasn't it one of the United players that had his wisdom teeth removed, they found out that they were causing some of the problems.
    Giggs even had to change cars as the way he was sitting in his Ferrari was causing him back and hamstring problems.

Was that Evra I think? or maybe De Gea?

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/868928510160777217

City bid £45 million for Benfica keeper Ederson.We were linked strongly with him for a while but that cooled a lot recently.

• Advertisement

City bid £45 million for Benfica keeper Ederson.We were linked strongly with him for a while but that cooled a lot recently.

City ain't Messing around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Was that Evra I think? or maybe De Gea?

Evra

We're grand for Goalkeepers thank god.

Are they now on €100 million spent on two players? They are gonna go past €200 million easily at this rate.

Hococop wrote: »
    City ain't Messing around

Trying to buy the league........ Again.

Mate, I don't think we can talk this summer :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Bale wont be leaving madrid any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

This carry on of crying about clubs trying to buy the league etc. really gets my back up. Who cares? They still only get to put 11 players on the field each week just like everybody else.
    Lots of clubs fans keep using money spent to get one up on each other but i say **** it, if we go spend 500 million and win all around us next year i'd be only too delighted so i'm not going to cry about somebody else doing it.

bangkok wrote: »

Based on? Seems like there's a lot of talk about it to just dismiss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

It is a rebuild job in all fairness, the other 800m spent since they became relevant again only won two leagues. :D

Media will have a field day when he doesn't start for the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ah how's ya Florentino, didn't know you were a member of Boards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If Mbappe is signed by Real for 130m then they will surely try to balance the books a little.Im sure they have other targets as well so could be spending 200m and Bale is the the most likely candidate they could sell to bring in big money imo.

I suppose they may go down the route of selling 2 or 3 fringe players like Morata/Isco.

This carry on of crying about clubs trying to buy the league etc. really gets my back up. Who cares? They still only get to put 11 players on the field each week just like everybody else.
    Lots of clubs fans keep using money spent to get one up on each other but i say **** it, if we go spend 500 million and win all around us next year i'd be only too delighted so i'm not going to cry about somebody else doing it.

I think zerks was messing if he wasn't im outraged too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

astradave wrote: »
    Ah how's ya Florentino, didn't know you were a member of Boards :D

Lol

yabadabado wrote: »
    If Mbappe is signed by Real for 130m then they will surely try to balance the books a little.Im sure they have other targets as well so could be spending 200m and Bale is the the most likely candidate they could sell to bring in big money imo.

I suppose they may go down the route of selling 2 or 3 fringe players like Morata/Isco.

€80 million for bale, €40-50 million each for morata and isco

So, can we start up the annual Ronaldo rumours then?

Lord TSC wrote: »

Not till the neymar one finishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just backs up what I've been saying that anyone wanting to even talk to DDG in any way begins at £100mn, absolute minimum. Insanity to think that some seem to think £30-40mn would be a reasonable fee for the best/2nd best keeper in the world.

Lord TSC wrote: »

If we sign him I don't think he will play with gaitin they too similar.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    Just backs up what I've been saying that anyone wanting to even talk to DDG in any way begins at £100mn, absolute minimum. Insanity to think that some seem to think £30-40mn would be a reasonable fee for the best/2nd best keeper in the world.

Who said 30-40 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Real never need to balance books im afraid

Real never need to balance books im afraid

Thats what they like to portray. They have sold players in the past to fund acquisitions. If Eden Hazard and or Kylian Mbappe is on their shopping list then selling an injury plagued Gareth Bale to a wealthy sucker such as ourselves will be the story they will push. It's already the way it's been reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Carvalho to City, Fabinho to United anyone?

https://twitter.com/_goncalolopes/status/868941844440330240

GSPfan wrote: »
    Based on? Seems like there's a lot of talk about it to just dismiss it.

Wheres all the talk of him leaving?

James is leaving, bale def is not. Madrid are not that silly

18 moments of the premier league in a picture...

FB_IMG_1496010332815.jpg

Put it in humour thread too just to be nice and share.

• Advertisement

You probably couldnt have picked 3 worst sources.. them papers never refuse ink. Bale wont be leaving this summer.

We are currently chasing perisic along with chelsea. James looks like he going to italy.

Coming from the man that uses Wikipedia ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sources are still sources regardless of which paper they come from/printed in/linked to.

You probably couldnt have picked 3 worst sources.. them papers never refuse ink. Bale wont be leaving this summer.

We are currently chasing perisic along with chelsea. James looks like he going to italy.

Is this why people don't take you seriously? You seem to paint yourself into a corner when you really don't need to. Yes Bale will probably stay in Madrid but being certain when there is valid evidence to believe otherwise is bizarre.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement