Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Could have sworn AIG told me it was down to Guardiola, yep, even though he hadn't even managed in Germany at that point....

Sure Guardiola was the reason they won the world cup in 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

will be interesting to see who gets the captaincy if/when Rooney leaves.

Herrera, Valencia the two main options I can think of. Might be given to Carrick with one of the other two taking the armband on the pitch.

Herrera should be Captain imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Pogba will get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Gotta be Herrera IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It should be Herrera, but I'd say Valencia will get it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Herrera for Captain, Valencia for Vice Captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Rooney will retain the captains armband. And finally move back into midfield. He will get 35 assists spraying the ball out wide to Valencia who will power straight towards goal every time and win the golden boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Herrera:
    Becoming a fixture on the pitch on matchday
    Intelligent, and not just in a football sense
    Leads on the pitch
    Passionate
    Looks like the sister of a guy on Twitter

And most importantly of all, winds up "neutrals" no end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Smalling will be the next captain

Or be sold

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Carrick will be Club captain with Valencia and Herrera taking on the on pitch duties imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Could have sworn AIG told me it was down to Guardiola, yep, even though he hadn't even managed in Germany at that point....

His absence over the last few weeks has been amusing.

I'm sure he will seagull the place before too long.

Spare a thought for poor Niallo aswell.

I'd say he was all set for a cracking discussion had we lost the final last week but had to dump his notes when we won.

Hard times all round for a few lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Rod Munch wrote: »
    His absence over the last few weeks has been amusing.

I'm sure he will seagull the place before too long.

Spare a thought for poor Niallo aswell.

I'd say he was all set for a cracking discussion had we lost the final last week but had to dump his notes when we won.

Hard times all round for a few lads.
    Has to be a nominee for post of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Wenger in :)

So yeah, the mains for tomorrow are as such, practically what has been coming out in Spain this evening.. looks like Atletico saving face tbh

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/869668229706383360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    So yeah, the mains for tomorrow are as such, practically what has been coming out in Spain this evening.. looks like Atletico saving face tbh

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/869668229706383360

tumblr_inline_mkhpcfcdwr1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

bangkok wrote: »
    Wenger in :)

Ten more years

Ten more years

Ten more years :D

Someone needs to edit Wengers head onto Leo's body for that scene in The Wolf of Wall Street :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Someone needs to edit Wengers head onto Leo's body for that scene in The Wolf of Wall Street :D

https://twitter.com/FootyMemes/status/869558601282715649

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BBC reporting Real Madrid are after likely to go after De Gea again. They usually only report what they know rather than tittle-tattle even if it is couched in speculative language.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40101493

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Herrera has turned into an awful diver and injury faker over the last while. Great player, but somebody at the club needs to give him a few slaps and tell him to cop on.

BBC reporting Real Madrid are after likely to go after De Gea again. They usually only report what they know rather than tittle-tattle even if it is couched in speculative language.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40101493

As the first reply states "David DeStaya" :D

https://twitter.com/skykaveh/status/869678425681932288

A nothing article tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

A nothing article tbh

If they buy the right players , there could be truth in it

Pro. F wrote: »
    Herrera has turned into an awful diver and injury faker over the last while. Great player, but somebody at the club needs to give him a few slaps and tell him to cop on.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn he was instructed to conduct himself in that manner.

• Advertisement

If they buy the right players , there could be truth in it

It's actually tabloid style reporting from the BBC, they cover all bases so they can claim exclusive either way.. reminds me of every guillem ballague tweet ever..

Wouldn't surprise me to learn he was instructed to conduct himself in that manner.

Wouldn't be the biggest surprise. But whatever is going on, it has to stop. And there is no way he should get near being captain while acting like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Thats cause Mourinho gets them into a classroom once a week and teaches them how to be a c**t :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

in terms of that winning attitude - that we had under Fergie, with players like Keane, GIggs, Scholes, Cantona, Beckham, Butt, Stam, Vidic, Rio etc... who the feck has that type of attitude at United now? How are the leaders on and off the pitch, who instills that level of dedication?

Remember RVP saying his first few training sessions at United were an eye opener.

We have some talented players - but we don't have any I would look at as leaders really. Jose leaned heavily on that with Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Cech.

I really like Herrera, and he has a bit about him in that way. I think its a big reason Zlatan Ibrahimovic was brought in. but I currently wouldn't be looking at anyone else that I can think of. United will be looking for Pogba to be a leader, but i'm not sure that is his personality - he will certainly (imo) strive to be the best he can be and do his best for the side - but in terms of driving attitude at training and around the club? I just don't see it - but maybe thats simply because he is still very young. Maybe in 5 years he is that player.

I do think there has been a loss of leadership and attitude at united, and that is as big a reason as anything else for our current position.

Mitch - Do you have a link to this article? Would be interested to read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MatteoPedrosi/status/869676421572157441

"United have reached agreement with Griezmann's representatives,but now have to activate his release clause".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United the world's most valuable club according to KPMG report.Worth over €3 Billion.

https://twitter.com/EPLnewsESPN/status/869694225553780736

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MatteoPedrosi/status/869676421572157441

"United have reached agreement with Griezmann's representatives,but now have to activate his release clause".

Oh i hope this is true and deal is done soon as!!! And yes im still thinking of my bet :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Oh i hope this is true and deal is done soon as!!! And yes im still thinking of my bet :D :pac:

What's the bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What's the bet?

20 euro on him to be our next signing at 11/2.

He was getting it all out of his system before the diving ban comes in next season. :)

20 euro on him to be our next signing at 11/2.

It won't be done for at least 2 weeks I reckon. France playing 3 internationals, I think they play England on the Tuesday night 13th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Wouldn't be the biggest surprise. But whatever is going on, it has to stop. And there is no way he should get near being captain while acting like that.

He has the same traits as Rooney.

For the past 2-3 seasons Rooney looked like he was fainting on the pitch and goes nuts when he is not awarding anything.

Herrera has shown leadership on the pitch, Done many pre and post match interviews where he has shown real passion for the club.

Herrera's your only man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

The way someone took Ronaldo aside and told him ? Or Young ? If a player is doing their job and perfomring other professionals at the club don't care about his antics.

Herrera is a gem, i'd be more upset about losing him than many other players- he's the closet thing to Keane we've had in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭mcgragger

He would be a cracking signing - I hope it happens but there has to be a few more too.

If he was the only signing - who does he replace in the 1st 11?

Martial goes further down the order for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mcgragger wrote: »
    He would be a cracking signing - I hope it happens but there has to be a few more too.

If he was the only signing - who does he replace in the 1st 11?

Martial goes further down the order for sure

You talking Greizmann?

If he is the only signing, I would assume he would take Zlantans place.

Rashford/Greizman/Mata. Something like that. Mkhitaryan in for Mata maybe.

My personal thinking is that he would be getting signed to play from the right, where Mata currently plays.

• Advertisement

I know it probably wont happen but i would love to see us sign 2 strikers this summer if both rooney and zlatan leave. I look at city who already have aguero and jesus who are both class, sane who has took to the league like a duck to water, de bruyne, just signed silva, sterling, they have goals from all angles, we need to score a lot more goals than this season if we want to challene for the league and i dont think griezmann alone will allow us to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I know it probably wont happen but i would love to see us sign 2 strikers this summer if both rooney and zlatan leave. I look at city who already have aguero and jesus who are both class, sane who has took to the league like a duck to water, de bruyne, just signed silva, sterling, they have goals from all angles, we need to score a lot more goals than this season if we want to challene for the league and i dont think griezmann alone will allow us to do that

2 striker signings would be overkill. Martial and Rashford are at their best when they are up top and not shunted out wide in my opinion.

Martial has shown in his first season with LVG that he is well capable of leading the line for us and getting goals and Rashford is one of the best young strikers in the PL. Don't want to see their potential stunted by 2 striker signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

So now a club spokesman has said AG has not asked to leave...:rolleyes:

http://www.skysports.com/manchester-united

Getting bored of this already!

wong wrote: »
    2 striker signings would be overkill. Martial and Rashford are at their best when they are up top and not shunted out wide in my opinion.

Martial has shown in his first season with LVG that he is well capable of leading the line for us and getting goals and Rashford is one of the best young strikers in the PL. Don't want to see their potential stunted by 2 striker signings.

Plenty of games this season. Going into a season with only martial rashford and griezmann is risky considering our low scoring of this season. Just say lukaku came as well, could easily play lukaku grizemann and rashford/martial in the starting line up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Plenty of games this season. Going into a season with only martial rashford and griezmann is risky considering our low scoring of this season. Just say lukaku came as well, could easily play lukaku grizemann and rashford/martial in the starting line up

Ya I think there is a need to have four striker options for the season ahead,as you said plenty of games to play.

RockSalto wrote: »
    So now a club spokesman has said AG has not asked to leave...:rolleyes:

http://www.skysports.com/manchester-united

Getting bored of this already!

The simplest approach is to not hang on every news release, there will be plenty.

Whatever is going to happen will happen, no point in stressing about it. Check the clubs official twitter/social media and you will know when something is official. Other then that just pay no real attention to whatever rumour you hear.

Much more relaxing summer that way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Can see United signing a squad striker.

Jose has form there, Falcao, Remy, Eto'o in three summers at Chelsea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    Can see United signing a squad striker.

Jose has form there, Falcao, Remy, Eto'o in three summers at Chelsea.

Hernandez is apparently available for €13m :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would have him back in heartbeat.

• Advertisement

He has the same traits as Rooney.

For the past 2-3 seasons Rooney looked like he was fainting on the pitch and goes nuts when he is not awarding anything.

Herrera has shown leadership on the pitch, Done many pre and post match interviews where he has shown real passion for the club.

Herrera's your only man!

When has Rooney ever gone in with his head then thrown himself to the floor clutching his face? Or when has he been pushed in the chest and then thrown himself to the floor clutching his face? That's just two incidents from Herrera that immediately jump to mind.

Saying the right thing in interviews and having passion don't negate his disgusting behaviour when it comes to faking injury.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement