Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No I actually think over gets top 4 will really have deserved it rather than anyone bottling anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

niallo27 wrote: »
    No I actually think over gets top 4 will really have deserved it rather than anyone bottling anything.

Hedging your bets early just in case you need to save face later?
    Liverpool were in the box seat for so long but now the squeeze is on.Don't see you lads posting jokes and memes about 6th place or Moyes v Jose now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

So your saying if Liverpool lose games or even if they don't they will have bottled it but if utd lose games and they can even afford to lose one and still qualify lose a few games they can't bottle it. That makes no sense.

United have been sitting in 6th nearly all season except the last week or so and winning the efl cup and into the Semi of the EL and going on a run in the FA cup

Liverpool put 100% effort into the league this season and have played fuck all games and sit in 3rd.

If Liverpool lose out on top 4 its because they bottled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah lads don't encourage it.
    Set up a couple of posts back for his "so Utd will bottle it?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If united get top 4 by getting maximum points from their remaining games or if Liverpool go on to get 9 or more points and secure top 4 then I think we'd all agree on that.

You could argue that united have bottled it on multiple occasions this season already.

adox wrote: »
    Ah lads don't encourage it.
    Set up a couple of posts back for his "so Utd will bottle it?"

We were never in a position to bottle it,they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So your saying if Liverpool lose games or even if they don't they will have bottled it but if utd lose games and they can even afford to lose one and still qualify lose a few games they can't bottle it. That makes no sense.

Liverpool have already bottled it do you not think?

They have thrown away a massive lead over fifth place team since Christmas if Liverpool get top four now it will be a wobble over the line they should have had it wrapped up week's ago.

We can not bottle the top four race because we have not been in a position where we have had a clear advantaged.

Personally myself I don't care about bottling it anything whatever you want to call it the difference us United did the damage at the start of the season and Liverpool did it in the second half when they had an advantage.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Liverpool have already bottled it do you not think?

They have thrown away a massive lead over fifth place team since Christmas if Liverpool get top four now it will be a wobble the line they should have had it wrapped up week's ago.

We can not bottle the top four race because we have not been in a position where we have had a clear advantaged.

Personally myself I don't care about bottling it anything whatever you want to call it the difference us United did the damage at the start of the season and Liverpool did it in the second half when they had an advantage.

You could say and they did **** up today but with such a thin squad they are really doing well to be ahead of city and utd. I know it partially klopps fault the squad is so thin so he has to take blame for that but anyway I'll get out of here before I'm killed.

Games in which teams have conceded 2 or more goals against the bottom 13.

Liverpool 10
    Arsenal 4
    City 1
    United 0

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Great result away. Was worried after the results yesterday that Burnley might be really fired up.

Delighted to see Martial make a telling contribution playing up front. Deadly finish after a strong run for the first, taking up a good position for the second. I hope he can keep up the determination we saw today.

Fellaini and Young proving to be strong squad players further vindicates Jose's decisions to move on Morgan and Memphis in January.

You could say and they did **** up today but with such a thin squad they are really doing well to be ahead of city and utd. I know it partially klopps fault the squad is so thin so he has to take blame for that but anyway I'll get out of here before I'm killed.

Your not been killed your just been laughed at.

It's not a massive achievement because of your squad size because your manager choose not to compete in a cup competition to allow for the squad size.

It would be an achievement if he made an effort for it but he didn't and that's why the blame is all on him.

He chose to sell players last year instead of building a bigger squad so yup it's all on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

zerks wrote: »
    Games in which teams have conceded 2 or more goals against the bottom 13.

Liverpool 10
    Arsenal 4
    City 1
    United 0

The best part of a stat like that is that Jose didn't achieve it by parking the bus all season, he has us very defensively solid while at the same time we have also improved our attacking play immeasurably compared to previous seasons.

It's not a massive achievement because of your squad size because your manager choose not to compete in a cup competition to allow for the squad size.

It would be an achievement if he made an effort for it but he didn't and that's why the blame is all on him.

He chose to sell players last year instead of building a bigger squad so yup it's all on him.

Not every club can throw hundreds of millions at players and leave them in reserves. Anyway the pressure is all on Jose because if he finishes behind this Liverpool squad it cannot be acceptable for a side like utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I like the idea that we are playing the better teams. I think that there is a real spirit in the Club now, backs to the wall, squeaky bum time :D. I would rather we play against someone who is trying to win than happy for a draw.

Whinged about hoofball and lo and behold today we saw Matip up front and balls lumped up.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I didn't get to see the game, was it a good performance or just a workmanlike one?

More specifically, did Martial and Rooney do well for the full 90 minutes or just have a few moments?

Delighted with the victory and the past week though, this squad is showing real character right now despite a few roadblocks in their way.

That's true, i love the fact that the teams performances seem to be greater than the sum of the parts. IE defence comfortable without fantastic individual performances and the whole way through the team. Overall forward unit need more goals but it's nice to see the squad delivering when the pressure is on.

Not every club can throw hundreds of millions at players and leave them in reserves. Anyway the pressure is all on Jose because if he finishes behind this Liverpool squad it cannot be acceptable for a side like utd.

Careful not to slip while clutching at those straws now.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hahahahaha

Utterly pathetic,do you actually get a kick outta this bull**** ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Clutching at more straws than a **** scarecrow Niallo27

yabadabado wrote: »
    Hahahahaha

Utterly pathetic,do you actually get a kick outta this bull**** ?

How long has Klopp been there and still the play looks exactly like it did under his predecessor? ;)
    At least José is rebuilding the team and in his style.

• Advertisement

Why can't it be acceptable? It can be acceptable if he wins two trophies qualifies for the champions league while improving the standard of play all in his first season the season is far from over yet.

Not all clubs can throw money at it your right but the unique thing is that United and Liverpool are two of the richest clubs in the world we maybe way ahead of us by alot but when you look at the level of money ye take in compaired to what ye invested in the squad last year it has to be down to bad choices from the manager surely he was given a budget and ye can't use United spending money as a tool to beat them with just because your club choose not to invest anything but make a profit instead.

Why can't it be acceptable? It can be acceptable if he wins two trophies qualifies for the champions league while improving the standard of play all in his first season the season is far from over yet.

Not all clubs can throw money at it your right but the unique thing is that United and Liverpool are two of the richest clubs in the world we maybe way ahead of us by alot but when you look at the level of money ye take in compaired to what ye invested in the squad last year it has to be down to bad choices from the manager surely he was given a budget and ye can't use United spending money as a tool to beat them with just because your club choose not to invest anything but make a profit instead.

This is the kind of bull**** that is the reason why fans of other clubs are laughing at ye. For utd to finish outside top 4 is not acceptable. If the standards have improved so much why are utd so far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Pool had a settled manager and no European with money to spend .Never had as good a chance to win a league especially with the changes at other clubs.Considering anytime you see a Pool player mentioned its usually that they are "world class" or "best in the league" then its surprising that some of their fans are now crying poor mouth.

I don't think it will happen but if Liverpool miss out on top 4 is Klopp a busted flush and be sacked?

There is a young go getter at Celtic who could do a good job at Anfield,plays a eerily similar style to Klopps team so shouldn't be a huge transition !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This is the kind of bull**** that is the reason why fans of other clubs are laughing at ye. For utd to finish outside top 4 is not acceptable. If the standards have improved so much why are utd so far behind.

You've been told dozens of times at this stage why United fans are happier with the style of football this season and can see some kind of improvement.

We had a terrible October, November which killed our season. Since then, we haven't lost in the PL, are playing the best football we've seen since Fergie, and our biggest struggle is converting the many chances we create each game. Context is key, but you know this.

O its getting angry now :D

Who cares what other fans thing niallo?

What is top four? It's a route into champions league if we do that by Europa league you will not find many fans complaining about top four.

It would be disappointing not to finish top four of course it would but that's all it is it's not unacceptable for a manager to make improvements and take a season to adapt sure I see pool are saying now klopp can take 3 or 4 years to build his squad.

When you look back at the history books and if United win the Europa league the history will show we are Europa league champions and league cup champions. Yes two lower tier competitions but when you look back at Liverpool's history it will maybe show finished third in league with a poor defence record and knocked out in one cup on early stages and another in semis.

I know which one of prefer.

Who cares what other fans thing niallo?

What is top four? It's a route into champions league if we do that by Europa league you will not find many fans complaining about top four.

It would be disappointing not to finish top four of course it would but that's all it is it's not unacceptable for a manager to make improvements and take a season to adapt sure I see pool are saying now klopp can take 3 or 4 years to build his squad.

When you look back at the history books and if United win the Europa league the history will show we are Europa league champions and league cup champions. Yes two lower tier competitions but when you look back at Liverpool's history it will maybe show finished third in league with a poor defence record and knocked out if one cup on early stages and another in semis.

I know which one of prefer.

Fair points and good post. I can't argue with any of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Indeed, if we win the Europa then I couldn't give less of a **** whether we finish 4th or 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Guardiola will need to asses Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho's fitness ahead of Thursday's derby clash with United https://t.co/PoBxHjOpEr

Would be beautiful if even two of those 3 are out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

If utd win the Europa league and finish 4th, does 5th get the 4th spot?

• Advertisement

• thomasj wrote: »

Lol imagine pool fans supporting Utd in a final

thomasj wrote: »

No because John Mata is cup tied.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol imagine pool fans supporting Utd in a final

Or it could be city supporting us????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Or it could be city supporting us????

Imagine if we won and it meant arsenal got the spot and end up keeping Wenger in a job haha

• Hococop wrote: »
    Image if we won and it meant arsenal got the spot and end up keeping Wenger in a job haha

One can dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

AFAIK - No. It just means whoever is 4th will directly be in the group stages instead of the Play off round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

No, it's all explained pretty well here

https://twitter.com/theDanNixon/status/856231699532918784

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

SteM wrote: »
    No, it's all explained pretty well here

https://twitter.com/theDanNixon/status/856231699532918784

Cheers and a heads up, I (and many others) will forget this and ask again next week

Match of the day on at 10:30 :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You'd imagine the Liverpool game will be on first. Does motd show the FA cup games?

Jayop wrote: »
    You'd imagine the Liverpool game will be on first. Does motd show the FA cup games?

Fa cup highlights are on after

Benteke some player you imagine he will get his chance with a decent top club sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Benteke some player you imagine he will get his chance with a decent top club sooner or later.

I thought he already did?

Villa are a big club :D

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/856262898741628928

What a player he's been for us this season!!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/856262898741628928

Yep he really proved me wrong this season if he never plsyes for us again i feel so lucky to have been able watch him it's been fantastic watching him and his interviews.

• https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/856262898741628928

He proved the doubters wrong again
    But Sad end though
    Not just to his utd career put potentially his career in general
    Hopefully not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Amazing that you can finish 3rd for player of year ahead of Kane & Lukaku but miss out on team of year to them 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Zlatan giving us all an update and addressing the retirement rumours. Can't help but read it in his Godly voice :p

https://instagram.com/p/BTPmFBWgkDG/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement