Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Great to see United rejecting £60 million from Real Madrid for De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Keep rejecting the bids **** them.

If hes to leave we need to make a massive deal out of it because theres not many if any at his age at that level and any who are even close wont come cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hopefully Madrid **** off now.

Dave hopefully wont go anywhere.

Make him the best paid player at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Thats brilliant news about De Gea. Ha. I think he is leaving but they are going to have to pay over £60 million. Get it to £70 million and we'll talk but only if we get a good price on one of their players.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jog on Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yep 100 percent happy it's rejected but im not too happy that its gone in But like we all said here two summers ago when we nearly list him for 30 million if we get more years out if him and a recird fee for goalkeeper we can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

60m plus Navas would be a good deal for United. De Gea made more mistakes this season with less to do and Navas would be a fine replacement.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Thats brilliant news about De Gea. Ha. I think he is leaving but they are going to have to pay over £60 million. Get it to £70 million and we'll talk but only if we get a good price on one of their players.

70 is even to low considering who where dealing with here.

Just keep saying no if they want him bad enough they will find the money otherwise they can forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Bangkoks brothers housemates cousins girlfriends nephew in Rome

Poor effort

Liam O wrote: »
    60m plus Navas would be a good deal for United. De Gea made more mistakes this season with less to do and Navas would be a fine replacement.

£60 million + Navas? Get out of here with that, I'd rather the club kept De Gea out of Madrid's grubby hands..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

That's mental money for a goalkeeper, absolutely mental!

Also seen a comment on the Cafe just there: that's a great way to fill your goalkeeper with confidence before a CL final :D

Why is it mental? Very average outfield players cost 25-30m. Why can't one of the best in the world keepers cost twice that?

70 is even to low considering who where dealing with here.

Just keep saying no if they want him bad enough they will find the money otherwise they can forget it.

If Real want Spanish Dave bad enough, they'll have to stump up way more than the £60 million.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    £60 million + Navas. Get out of here with that, I'd rather the club kept De Gea out of Madrid's grubby hands..

Dont want Madrids leftovers either id imagine hes happy there and wouldnt be happy moving to Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

How much was the original deal for when the fax machine wouldn't work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lets hope that BBC article that was recently lambasted holds some truth in that United feel confident that they can keep him at the club.

I'm happy for united to keep knocking back the offers if De Gea actually wants to stay.

If he wants out then we should be hoping for the best deal possible.

Dont want Madrids leftovers either id imagine hes happy there and wouldnt be happy moving to Manchester.

Yeah, as good as Navas is, I wouldn't swap De Gea for him, this is also odd of Madrid, days before a Champions League final, but then again it is Real Madrid.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Lets hope that BBC article that was recently lambasted holds some truth in that United feel confident that they can keep him at the club.

I'm happy for united to keep knocking back the offers if De Gea actually wants to stay.

If he wants out then we should be hoping for the best deal possible.

Well surely with United back in the Champions League and slowly on the up again with Mourinho, he'd want to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If Real want Spanish Dave bad enough, they'll have to stump up way more than the ?60 million.

Its Madrid though they will get into his head and get him to push the transfer through. You dont say no to Madrid if your Spanish. If he moves he is guaranteed the Spanish keeper jersey for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Poor effort

Yep was a poor one alright, I'm ashamed of that one :D

When you see what city just payed for the Benfica keeper De Gea is worth double. Im not even saying that because of who he plays for etc in this market its the truth. Especially considering we would be selling a player who it would be incredibly hard to replace at that level anyway.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Its Madrid though they will get into his head and get him to push the transfer through. You dont say no to Madrid if your Spanish. If he moves he is guaranteed the Spanish keeper jersey for the foreseeable future.

He's Spain's #1 anyways (open to correction on this), so I doubt him moving to Madrid would make a tap of difference on his position in the national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Madrid can just fcuk off!! Every summer we get in some sort of transfer nonsense with them. I don't think De Gea will leave but if he were to, hopefully the club will be asking for a whole lot more than 60m.

I'd be very happy going into next season with Sergio Romero as our first choice. Jose has spoken very highly of Joel Pereira so maybe he could become our No.2.

If we're talking replacements, I'm a massive fan of AC Milan's Donnarumma. Only 18 years old, already has over 50 apps I believe and a club like ourself could definitely take him to that next level.

If he stays he is pretty much guaranteed it too there is no spanish keeper as good as him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

He's already undisputed Spanish no 1.

Yep was a poor one alright, I'm ashamed of that one :D

It was like something id come up with dave you can do better then that.

Madrid can just fcuk off!! Every summer we get in some sort of transfer nonsense with them. I don't think De Gea will leave but if he were to, hopefully the club will be asking for a whole lot more than 60m.

I'd be very happy going into next season with Sergio Romero as our first choice. Jose has spoken very highly of Joel Pereira so maybe he could become our No.2.

If we're talking replacements, I'm a massive fan of AC Milan's Donnarumma. Only 18 years old, already has over 50 apps I believe and a club like ourself could definitely take him to that next level.

He is going to be an insane keeper the rate he is going at. I could see him replacing Buffon at Juve and in the national team. There is no bigger honor for a goal keeper from Italy then that in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Would ye swap de gea for bale?

Injury free bale maybe......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Well surely with United back in the Champions League and slowly on the up again with Mourinho, he'd want to stay.
    Back in the CL vs potential back to back CL champions.

If he has his sights set on Real then there's not much that can be done.

Unfortunately he's probably the closest thing we've had to a top tier world class player who has yet to hit their prime since Ronaldo and I can see this going the exact same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

He is going to be an insane keeper the rate he is going at. I could see him replacing Buffon at Juve and in the national team. There is no bigger honor for a goal keeper from Italy then that in fairness!

Completely forgot about Buffon!! Yeah you're totally right there. He's definitely Juve bound in that case

https://twitter.com/glongari/status/870013721942278145

"Benfica president Luís Filipe Vieira is going to Manchester to negotiate the transfers of Lindelöf and Semedo to United."

O Jogo are reporting the same

"Benfica president Luís Filipe Vieira is going to Manchester to negotiate the transfers of Lindelöf and Semedo to United."

I thought he travelled to Manchester to do the same thing in January haha.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If true about DDG, good to know the rumoured release clause is nonsense.

Interesting about the Benfica duo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ronnie looking for a contact extension, I guess.

"Being criticised in my stadium isn't normal and when I give one hundred percent and things do not come out, they are whistling."

"In Manchester it never happened to me, as the mentality is different."

"I am delighted in Spain but I have Manchester in my memory [as well]."

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/05/31/592edff8468aeb8e7e8b45e0.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

"Benfica president Lu?s Filipe Vieira is going to Manchester to negotiate the transfers of Lindel?f and Semedo to United."

Be two good buys .A partner for Bailly and the eventual successor/competition for Tony V.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I can see a Ronaldo-type promise; stay another season, have a go at the CL and league, and you if you still want to leave then get a large fee.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ronnie looking for a contact extension, I guess.

"Being criticised in my stadium isn't normal and when I give one hundred percent and things do not come out, they are whistling."

"In Manchester it never happened to me, as the mentality is different."

"I am delighted in Spain but I have Manchester in my memory [as well]."

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/05/31/592edff8468aeb8e7e8b45e0.html

Didn't he sign an extension last Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Would be a great statement of intent if we can tell Madrid to jog on, and keep DDG.

Fed up with Madrid knocking on our door for our best players, time to change that, and Jose is the man to do it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Thepoet85 wrote:
    Fed up with Madrid knocking on our door for our best players, time to change that, and Jose is the man to do it imo.

They've really only done it once, with Ronaldo.

Beckham, Heinze and Van Nistelrooy were all being shipped out regardless of if Madrid were buying or not.

I can see a Ronaldo-type promise; stay another season, have a go at the CL and league, and you if you still want to leave then get a large fee.

I wouldn't he is only worth so much now because he has 3 years on his contract if he goes next year he is down to two again and he starts to hold more cards. Now is the optimal time to sell if we play games it will be getting risky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I would take Ronaldo for De Gea.

I think he still has time if he wanted the move to break Rooney's goal scoring record.

Don't believe this will happen for the record.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ducker says he is informed that De Gea bid not happen.

Which makes sense since there ia no reason for Real to do it now, just before Champions League Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

DM_7 wrote: »
    Ducker says he is informed that De Gea bid not happen.

Which makes sense since there ia no reason for Real to do it now, just before Champions League Final.

A good point but if they are behind the rumour then they know he wants to go, they'd have him tapped up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't care that he stands between the sticks for 90 minutes, a world record bid is the only thing that should let him leave if he wants out.

60 million, the majority of which will be spent on a young lad who will more than likely be shaky under corners for the first few seasons and may or may not become half as good as Dave eventually, no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Think you would get Neuer for 60 million?

To add to Ducker, Simon Stone saying the exact same thing

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/870036978556952576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Didn't he sign an extension last Summer?

5 years with a €900 million release clause.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/06/cristiano-ronaldo-signs-new-five-year-real-madrid-contract

Think you would get Neuer for 60 million?

Munich wouldnt be that stupid.

Thats the thing we have been bent over one to many times with incoming and outgoing transfers so id love to see us win on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Dont think Bale is any good in goals :)

So it looks like it was Ballague who started the Rumour tonight from what I've heard/read

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement