Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I be all over Bale, but his injuries are not worth the risk whenoptions elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't get this wanting an extension when one was inked just last Summer, and especially when Ronaldo still has 4 years left. What is it with Spanish clubs and giving out contract extensions like their candy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

astradave wrote: »
    To add to Ducker, Simon Stone saying the exact same thing

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/870036978556952576

And Rob Dawson. Another briefing from the club. The James Rodriguez story came from 'Sky sources' too. They're up there with indykaila for me these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

We're not even into June yet and it seems the annual Utd Madrid circus is already in full swing!! I have faith in Woody to get deals done quick and put an end to nonsense like this De Gea saga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think Zlatan will be back early next season and we will keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

jayo26 wrote: »

That's amazing considering his injury! There's some difference in the progress etween himself and Rojo (who was hobbling on crutches) at EL final).

Just goes to show how dedicated he is. I would think that injury would have been career ending for any other 35 year old athlete. I would like Hom to get back to full fitness avd stay for another season.

As impressive as it is would we like zlatan to stay another year at the expense of signing another forward like lukaku or beloti? I don't think I would I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

jayo26 wrote: »
    As impressive as it is would we like zlatan to stay another year at the expense of signing another forward like lukaku or beloti? I don't think I would I'm afraid.

Fair point. I know nothing about the Beloti chap but I will say I am still undecided about Lukaku, he seems to go on goal droughts for weeks (maybe this is my imagination though). He would be an underwhelming signing for me. I would love to get Kane, thought I know this will infinitely never ever ever happen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I don't believe that Real offer of 60m for 1 second. Just a few days before the CL final, yeah right that wouldn't unsettle Navas at all. More likely Juve pushed the rumor than Real actually having done it.

Also 60m is peanuts for DDG. He's worth double that, really. Why should goalkeepers be worth less than outfield players? How many points have he saved us down the years? I was mad as hell then Real got Ronaldo for 80m because while it was a record at the time, that was also peanuts considering how much he's done for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

FatherTed wrote: »
    I don't believe that Real offer of 60m for 1 second. Just a few days before the CL final, yeah right that wouldn't unsettle Navas at all. More likely Juve pushed the rumor than Real actually having done it.

I hope it works. I hope Buffon gets his trophy

Fair point. I know nothing about the Beloti chap but I will say I am still undecided about Lukaku, he seems to go on goal droughts for weeks (maybe this is my imagination though). He would be an underwhelming signing for me. I would love to get Kane, thought I know this will infinitely never ever ever happen :D

Every striker goes on droughts unless you are in the top few players. Zlatan went weeks without scoring for us.

Lukaku is constantly one of the top scorers in England that's not even hit his prime yet. Imagine him playing in s team of pogba creating chances and fast players around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Think Willian could be a really good signing for us, we could probably get him for 25-30 mill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

giphy.gif

WE ARE BACK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Going off the past 24 hrs transfer rumours currently have us signing

AG
    Lindelof
    Semedo
    Fabinho

Add another striker and left back to that and it would be a serious transfer window for United!

World record fee for DeGea nothing less...

Probably posted already but I don't care.

https://twitter.com/SemperFiUnited/status/870006915484536833

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Think Willian could be a really good signing for us, we could probably get him for 25-30 mill?

Agree. He's a very good, hard working player. He reminds me of Valencia in that respect only he's a better attacker. The 2 of them on the right could be a good combination.

https://twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes/status/870175352571691008

A pinch of salt with this one but saying Lindelorf for £35 million plus £5 million in add ons.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

A pinch of salt with this one but saying Lindelorf for £35 million plus £5 million in add ons.

He has a blue tick it's true woohoo ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

World record fee for DeGea nothing less...

No chance. Even madrid are not that stupid

• bangkok wrote: »
    No chance. Even madrid are not that stupid

What does this even mean??
    I know it's silly season but expecting a high end bid for arguably the worlds best goalkeeper isn't that hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

At. Madrid transfer ban upheld according to reports in Spain this morning.

I know they can still sell players, but I have to think this could still mean that Greizmann won't be available this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

World record transfer for a keeper at £47.5m and the rumoured bid that's either happened or is about to happen at £60m. Madrid are hardly going to go a lot higher than that.

Hopefully the stories of De Gea being happy at United are true. Madrid can switch their focus to Eden Hazard then.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What does this even mean??
    I know it's silly season but expecting a high end bid for arguably the worlds best goalkeeper isn't that hard to believe.

High end bid yes which 60m is. Will be a world record for a keeper. Id say they might push to 70max.

No chance of madrid spending over 100m for a goalkeeper

• bangkok wrote: »
    High end bid yes which 60m is. Will be a world record for a keeper. Id say they might push to 70max.

No chance of madrid spending over 100m for a goalkeeper

What dictates this? It's clearly evident that the market has changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »

By looking at his twitter I'd presume that is euros

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At. Madrid transfer ban upheld according to reports in Spain this morning.

I know they can still sell players, but I have to think this could still mean that Greizmann won't be available this summer.

Yeah, he might feel he doesn't want to abandon them till January :/

Or being positive... now Atleti can't sign Lacazette to keep him happy and he will know they will have no hope of winning trophies now so will move :D

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, he might feel he doesn't want to abandon them till January :/

Or he'll want out of a team that can't strengthen to challenge for trophies.

Of course it has changed but at the end of the day he is not a 40 goal season striker or a midfielder who will make the difference. He is a goalkeeper. 60m would have smashed the world record for a keeper and would be the 7th highest transfer in football history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

May have been mentioned but one problem with you getting a max price for DDG is that there can only be 1 bidder, the prospect of counter bids help push the price up but won't happen here.
    Arsenal had the same issue with Fabregas to Barcelona a few years ago.

Could see them offering Greizmann a massive pay rise to stay with the club until January/next summer. No increase in buy-out, maybe even a promise to sell him for a bit less next summer, but a bigger pay cheque to compensate/keep him happy for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Isn't Carlos Lalin doing that Job now?

Lalin does individual regimes, works with players recovering from injury and does specific work with players who need/want to achieve X

He's more of an individual 1 on 1 coach, where Faria implements the overall fitness plan for the team, Lalin then works in tandum with this on individual regimes and work.

And Rob Dawson. Another briefing from the club. The James Rodriguez story came from 'Sky sources' too. They're up there with indykaila for me these days.

You'll notice a lot of journalists are having a pop at Sky for basically taking their stories and calling them sources.

You'll notice a trend recently of a journalist tied with a club sharing a story on twitter, then Sky shortly after sharing similar and calling it "sky sources".

They unfortunately have fallen into the trap of clickbait and grabbing the attention as opposed to using their old method of confirmation from two sources, and using those well placed sources.

Becoming a highly unreliable source which is a bit mental when you consider the contacts they have and some of the people they have placed.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Lalin does individual regimes, works with players recovering from injury and does specific work with players who need/want to achieve X

He's more of an individual 1 on 1 coach, where Faria implements the overall fitness plan for the team, Lalin then works in tandum with this on individual regimes and work.

Are you sure that's what is being implemented at United though, I know that used to be the case but I thought I had read that Jose valued Faria's input too much so wanted him to focus specifically on the coaching/tactics side of things and moved him away from that?

I might be mistaken in fairness and misremembering.

Could see them offering Greizmann a massive pay rise to stay with the club until January/next summer. No increase in buy-out, maybe even a promise to sell him for a bit less next summer, but a bigger pay cheque to compensate/keep him happy for another year.

I'd imagine the fact they can't improve the squad is likely reason for someone like Griezemann to move on.

Thats another 2 seasons of Athletico not getting near the title.

• Advertisement

You'll notice a lot of journalists are having a pop at Sky for basically taking their stories and calling them sources.

You'll notice a trend recently of a journalist tied with a club sharing a story on twitter, then Sky shortly after sharing similar and calling it "sky sources".

They unfortunately have fallen into the trap of clickbait and grabbing the attention as opposed to using their old method of confirmation from two sources, and using those well placed sources.

Becoming a highly unreliable source which is a bit mental when you consider the contacts they have and some of the people they have placed.

The Sky sources from last night was Ballague apparently so it doesn't surprise me really that he is trying to unsettle DeGea.

Are you sure that's what is being implemented at United though, I know that used to be the case but I thought I had read that Jose valued Faria's input too much so wanted him to focus specifically on the coaching/tactics side of things and moved him away from that?

I might be mistaken in fairness and misremembering.

When Jose first arrived I remember reading about what the coaches all did, and read another piece a few weeks into the season that outlined the same.

Faria definitely does more and yeah he is involved in tactical discussions etc. but his primary remit is still fitness. Mourinho is very proud of the injury record that he has through his career with squads, and he puts that down to Faria.

He definitly does get involved in tactics and discussion during the week, but I never saw or see him as the "typical" assistant/no.2

I'd imagine the fact they can't improve the squad is likely reason for someone like Griezemann to move on.

Thats another 2 seasons of Athletico not getting near the title.

1 season.

They are only banned from signing players to january. Griezmann could wait til then or the summer and move on, with them then being able to sign a replacement.

I'm not saying AG is certain to stay - I just think that this news can only make it harder (to whatever extent) for United to sign him. At.Madrid are going to be even more reluctant to see him leave and fight even harder for him to stay.

Nothing has changed with the Antonio Griezmann story of will he leave Atletico.
    The transfer ban has changed nothing. He owes Atletico nothing as he has helped them achieve the success they have achieved.
    When it is time to move, it is time to move and his agent will tell him that it is his career and he can't afford to turn down the opportunity.
    That said I believe a deal has been in place for a while now and will be announced soon.

1 season.

They are only banned from signing players to january. Griezmann could wait til then or the summer and move on, with them then being able to sign a replacement.

I'm not saying AG is certain to stay - I just think that this news can only make it harder (to whatever extent) for United to sign him. At.Madrid are going to be even more reluctant to see him leave and fight even harder for him to stay.

Yep, you can be certain that they won't negotiate and allow us to pay in instalments and we will have to pay the release clause in full, which might not be feasible

RobertKK wrote: »
    Nothing has changed with the Antonio Griezmann story of will he leave Atletico.
    The transfer ban has changed nothing. He owes Atletico nothing as he has helped them achieve the success they have achieved.
    When it is time to move, it is time to move and his agent will tell him that it is career and he can't afford to turn down the opportunity.
    That said I believe a deal has been in place for a while now and will be announced soon.

Completely disagree with your opinion of the situation.

Griezmann is under contract - he owes Madrid the seeing out of that contract, legally.

United can offer At.Madrid a fee, any fee, and they can reject it.

At.Madrid have been a big club for Greizmann - he may not want to leave under a cloud, and leave them in the lurch, by buying out his contract (which is the only way he could force a move to United/anywhere)

As At.Madrid can't spend money on new players, they could decided to offer AG a €12million wage increase to stay for the year and then allow him to leave more easily next summer. Similar to how Dortmund gave Lewandowski a new contract to keep him happy for his last year there, before he signed for Bayern on a free.

As I've said - I don't think it is certain he now stays at At.Madrid but the transfer ban being upheld will make a difference to the situation, imo.

• Advertisement

1 season.

Oh right only half a season.

Yeah could see why that might make the Griezemann thing more difficult.

At the same time assume Jose, Woodward etc. catered for it. Not like their transfer ban was under wraps.

Griezmann is under contract - he owes Madrid the seeing out of that contract, legally.

At.Madrid have been a big club for Greizmann - he may not want to leave under a cloud, and leave them in the lurch, by buying out his contract (which is the only way he could force a move to United/anywhere)

As At.Madrid can't spend money on new players, they could decided to offer AG a €12million wage increase to stay for the year and then allow him to leave more easily next summer. Similar to how Dortmund gave Lewandowski a new contract to keep him happy for his last year there, before he signed for Bayern on a free.

As I've said - I don't think it is certain he now stays at At.Madrid but the transfer ban being upheld will make a difference to the situation, imo.

If united pay the buyout clause, athletico are powerless to stop him moving

Griezmann can buy out his contract and move, and there is nothing Atletico can do.
    There have been Atletico fans saying he should leave after he gave a move to United a 60% chance before the Europa league final took place.
    I think he wants to play for United and link up with his close friend Paul Pogba at United and money for Griezmann is not an issue.

bangkok wrote: »
    If united pay the buyout clause, athletico are powerless to stop him moving

No. I believe you are wrong.

The release clause in spanish contracts can only legally be enforced by Spanish clubs. They can reject whatever the hell they want from sides outside spain.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Griezmann can buy out his contract and move, and there is nothing Atletico can do.

Yes - I know that. I've said that.

With At.Madrid not being able to sign anyone they might be reluctant to sell him for *any* fee and AG might not want to insult the club and the fans by buying out his contract in such circumstances.

Are you telling me you are certain AG will buyout his contract and leave At.Madird in the lurch, if that is what it will take for them to sell him? Cause if that isn't your position then the transfer ban can have had an effect on the situation, while you claim it will make zero difference.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement