Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What does the tweet say in English from AG?

Now more than ever. Atletico. All together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What does the tweet say in English from AG?

"Now more than ever"

Courtesy of google translate :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rooney leaving and finally ending what was left of the great Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez combo is sad.

Would love to see United back to those types of exiting player again in attack. Griezmann would really have helped there.

I know Jose will go for a more structured attack but would love to see some more players with skills like those lads arrive. Even if Ronnie was a one off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Hopefully if that really is the end of Griezmann then its dead and buried now. Move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Plenty of other wingers at Atletico for us to buy.

Nicolas Gaitan you're up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Griezmann is a top class player but if he had joined still hard to know what way Jose would have used him.A free role from LW/RW ?

Nothing has changed the priorty is DM,CF and wide attacker.Get those 3 postions sorted first and everything else is a bonus.Probably buy a CB and a FB but the imo the other 3 have to be sorted this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

jayo26 wrote: »
    Buffon for me even tho I loved schmeichel I think buffon has been fantastic for nearly 20 years.

I have to agree and for a guy who made his professional debut 22 years ago, he's been pure & consistent goal keeping brilliance. 39 years old and still making outstanding saves, the Italians have a wonderful pedigree of outstanding keepers, but I'd have Buffon down as my GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

We shouldn't bother chasing Griezman any more in future if he is true to his word about staying with Atletico. This was his chance and he opted against it. Hopefully it will be a decision he ends up regretting.

We shouldn't bother chasing Griezman any more in future if he is true to his word about staying with Atletico. This was his chance and he opted against it. Hopefully it will be a decision he ends up regretting.

Disagree. He's a world class player and if he opts to leave next season, we shouldn't be spiteful for the sake of it. Granted, we might have found another option by then, but turning our nose up at him for displaying loyality to a club in a time of difficulty is just petty for the sake of being petty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I can't not read that in a Fat Tony voice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Reported by @RuizAntonito that Griezmann has spoken to United today to explain that he cannot leave Atleti after the CAS verdict today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have to say I agree with poster that said Utd should not let themselves be held to paying the ridiculous release clause prices for targets.

Have to say I agree with poster that said Utd should not let themselves be held to paying the ridiculous release clause prices for targets.

Twas me.

I also like that United seemingly got their apparent disinterest out first before Griezmann got his messsge out.

We dumped you, you didn't dump us! I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The message was United remain interested but not in this transfer window.

Is anyone surprised Aubamayang hasn't been mentioned as a target at all? Id shell out the £60 million being talked about for him no problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

GSPfan wrote: »
    Is anyone surprised Aubamayang hasn't been mentioned as a target at all? Id shell out the £60 million being talked about for him no problem.

His transfer to PSG is already supposed to be pretty much wrapped up.

His transfer to PSG is already supposed to be pretty much wrapped up.

Yeah which is mad how it almost seems inevitable. Maybe he was dead set on going there so it was a certainty but still unusually quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

GSPfan wrote: »
    Yeah which is mad how it almost seems inevitable. Maybe he was dead set on going there so it was a certainty but still unusually quiet.

Dortmund have denied they got any bid for him.PSG might be his only choice,hes from an area not far from Paris so might simpliy prefer a move home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hardly ridiculous price for greizemann? He is one of the best players in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Be interesting to see who's next on the pecking order on Jose's list after Griezmann. I'd love a Lacazette or Aubamayang but I don't think it's realistic. Lukaku would be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Well hopefully this means something else isin the pipeline espeicallywith the bale rumours picking up again. Bale and Lukaku would be a dream scenario. Pace,power and premiership proven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20170601_213624.png

This looks like the moment he told pogba haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

20170601_213624.png

This looks like the moment he told pogba haha

Lacazette in the back thinking of another season in Lyon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bale
    Injuries
    Bad feeling

• Advertisement

At least we might actually sign Lindelof

https://twitter.com/sport_witness/status/870384459119345664

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Reported by @RuizAntonito that Griezmann has spoken to United today to explain that he cannot leave Atleti after the CAS verdict today.

If that is the case then it is a bit of class on 2 fronts for Griezmann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

astradave wrote: »
    At least we might actually sign Lindelof

https://twitter.com/sport_witness/status/870384459119345664

I havent seen too much of him but if Jose wants him to partner Bailly that is good enough for me. Blind & Rojo as back up then and move Smalling & Jones to pastures new.

Wonder will griezmann sign a new contract if not it could definitely happen next summer.

Wonder will griezmann sign a new contract if not it could definitely happen next summer.

Could happen in January tbf, was supposed to be confirmed with new contract this evening but I haven't see anything.. imagine it was all just to prolong the saga and generate more publicity :pac:

More than likely both clubs and player thought that Atletico transfer ban was going to be overturned. When it wasn't Atleti probably told United that they would have to pay the release clause in full instead of in instalments like we usually pay. And Griezmann didn't want to leave them stuck as he probably thinks he owes them.. who the feck knows anyways :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Since Greizmann and Perisic seems dead in the water I wonder could we try and do a RVP 2.0 and nick Sanchez from Arsenal. If he is actually refusing a deal and unhappy without CL football it could be a slight opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

pjohnson wrote: »
    Since Greizmann and Perisic seems dead in the water I wonder could we try and do a RVP 2.0 and nick Sanchez from Arsenal. If he is actually refusing a deal and unhappy without CL football it could be a slight opening.

Seems Munich bound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How do you know Perisic is dead in the water or if we were genuinely interested...all paper talk at present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Can't see us selling Sanchez to a league rival, it had to be done in the past but I think the club would rather let his contract run down than sell in England. I'd be very surprised if Griezmann doesn't join ye in the first week of next season. Seemed to have been a fully done deal if that ruling hadn't gone against Athletico.

Exactly lads people went on today as if United said they weren't interested it was pure media speculation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not sure where your Perisic idea is from.

Seperate reports suggesting inter want a deal done in next 10 days and another that fee is actually agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Be interesting to see who's next on the pecking order on Jose's list after Griezmann. I'd love a Lacazette or Aubamayang but I don't think it's realistic. Lukaku would be fantastic

According to The Mirror, Lacazette is topping Jose's list now as an alternative to Griezmann.

No Griezmann...well that is a bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

stankratz wrote: »
    No Griezmann...well that is a bastard.

https://twitter.com/ManUnitedZone_/status/870420743343013888

zerks wrote: »
    According to The Mirror, Lacazette is topping Jose's list now as an alternative to Griezmann.

The FIFA player in me screams with joy.

• Advertisement

• Il have to wait till next year to unleash my greizmann gif
    Sigh

Anyone else think the Links to Lacazette are a **** you to Atletico? "We will take him this summer and then we will take Griezmann next" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

If you have a transfer ban, Are you able to take a player on Loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lacazette not good enough for utd. Doubt the rumours are true

If you have a transfer ban, Are you able to take a player on Loan?

No it's a registration ban so they can't, they can sign players but can't register them to play until January. They could sign a player and Loan him back to the team he was with until the ban lifts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Think it means you can't register a player so even loan transfers would be impossible. They're allowed to sell though but would be redundant to do so if there are no incoming players to replace the outgoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

astradave wrote: »
    Anyone else think the Links to Lacazette are a **** you to Atletico? "We will take him this summer and then we will take Griezmann next" :D

If true, I'd see it as United taking the player Atletico want to replace Griezemann to ensure he can go to Atletico next year in a swap +€ deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The transfer bans that the Sparish clubs have received recently seem to have as much of a negative impact on players who want to move on. Not so much Griezmann, who can enjoy another season as the hero of a very good team, but more fringe players who will be kept on to ensure squad cover when they may have wanted to move on to get first team football. I know that they'll have release clauses in Spain, but they are always way higher than the players true worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭caviardreams

There are some tickets for the Dublin match back on sale at ticketmaster in case anyone didn't get one and is looking.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Lacazette not good enough for utd. Doubt the rumours are true

Really? Care to expand and offer more insight as to how you came to that decision?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement