Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The FIFA player in me screams with joy.

Next May...

VPbp70z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A very young Raphael Varane was given his debut at Real Madrid by Jose Mourinho.
    I think if Varane wants the move, it can happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Next May...

VPbp70z.png

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

bangkok wrote: »
    Being interested in a player and actually signing a player are 2 different things. There is obviously doubts about his ability or he would have been signed 2 or 3 years ago

So does this logic mean that you think Totti was a poor player since he never joined Real/Juve??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

pjohnson wrote: »
    So does this logic mean that you think Totti was a poor player since he never joined Real/Juve??

Totti played in seria a which is and probably always will be better than the french league in a very good roma team and totti never wanted to leave

Quandary wrote: »
    No he didn't!

Gomes scored 60 odd goals in his last 150 or so games for Lyon.

Big difference between the two players when it comes to style of play also.

It was a lot less games played than that.

Also lacazette is 5'9. We play with one up top. Jose likes his strikers big and strong so we can safely assume he wont be joining us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

RobertKK wrote: »
    A very young Raphael Varane was given his debut at Real Madrid by Jose Mourinho.
    I think if Varane wants the move, it can happen.

He has spent 6 years at Madrid developing, usually playing understudy to Ramos and Pepe but getting more and more game time each season. Now he is 24 and with Pepe leaving he is about to establish himself as an undisputed first choice for the current La Liga and CL champions, will probably pick up another CL tomorrow, and looks to have a very bright future under a manager that would appear to rate him very highly.

I don't know Varane personally, but I would love to know his reasons for wanting to leave now?

Totti played in seria a which is and probably always will be better than the french league in a very good roma team and totti never wanted to leave

What does the player wants matter? What if Lacazette never wanted to leave? Lacazette is from Lyon and may have felt attached to his club a la Totti?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Also lacazette is 5'9. We play with one up top. Jose likes his strikers big and strong so we can safely assume he wont be joining us

Yeah, Milito, Eto'o were very tall and big strikers.

• Advertisement

What does the player wants matter? What if Lacazette never wanted to leave? Lacazette is from Lyon and may have felt attached to his club a la Totti?

Totti was class, lacazette is not

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah, Milito, Eto'o were very tall and big strikers.

Milito was 6 foot.

But your reasoning for Lacazette not being "class" is based solely, it appears, on him not leaving Lyon for a bigger club. Totti never joined a bigger club yet you call him "class". Theres a disconnect.

Milito was 6 foot.

Which isn't really tall. Drogba, Benzema were 6.2, Milito was 6. So he wasn't tall striker, it's average height in football.

To put it simple terms, you haven't got a clue.

Milito was 6 foot.

6 foot is not tall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How do you know lacazette is not class though, hes hit the ceiling in France, had 3 prolific seasons. He hasnt had the chance to prove that yet.

Surely your assuming a lot! You argue for the sake of arguing.

What arguement have you got for thinking he's not top level?

I dont know if hes top level yet, but hes had 3 high scoring seasons in a lackluster Lyon team. Surely you can say hes done all he can in France and needs to move to see if he can reach a higher level.

Milito was 6 foot.

To add to my presvious post, Griezmann is 5.9 and Rooney is too. Jose wanted Rooney at Chelsea but ManUtd refused the sale. Funny how height didn't matter.

Until lacazette moves to a big club and scores goals in big games he has yet to prove himself. 10 caps 1 goal with france says it all really

Until lacazette moves to a big club and scores goals in big games he has yet to prove himself. 10 caps 1 goal with france says it all really

There is game outside PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

It really wasn't.

In his entire time as a Lyon player Gomis scored 91 goals in 239 games

Lacazette has scored 91 goals in his last 3 seasons alone.

Also, if Jose wasn't interested in a smaller quicker forward we wouldn't have been linked to AG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Says the guy who thinks Fosuh Mensah is proven to be a world class right back.

So you think Totti never proved himself? Le Tissier must be p*ss poor in your eyes aswell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Earlier in the week you were telling us Griezmann was getting signed to play as striker.

The same Griezmann who is smaller (in looks) than 5 foot 9 Lacazette who has more brawn about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

10 caps 1 goal with france says it all really

Does it?

RVN had 1 goal from his first 10 caps.

Says the guy who thinks Fosuh Mensah is proven to be a world class right back.
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Earlier in the week you were telling us Griezmann was getting signed to play as striker.

The same Griezmann who is smaller than 5 foot 9.

This thread would be a dull place without him.

Going off topic now.

Original point. Imo lacazetter is top not class and is not good enough to be our no1 striker.

End of

This thread would be a dull place without him.

You were faster than my edit.

Going off topic now.

Original point. Imo lacazetter is top not class and is not good enough to be our no1 striker.

End of

Yeah, Lacazette who agreed to join Atletico but only for transfer ban, the team that qualifies for CL semi finals regularly, made finals in 2 of the last 3-4 CLs is good enough for them,

but

isn't good enough for the team that didn't qualify for CL last season, when they did they didn't even qualify from group stages and finished 6th in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Opinions really are great, one thinks Lacazette isn't good enough, the others vehemently disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Going off topic now.

End of

End of? Your coming across pretty childish Bangkok, the whole idea of the forum is a discussion, if you don't want your wild claims to be discussed you shouldn't share them, but when you do, it doesn't give you the right to dictate when that discussion ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Opinions really are great

They're like a$$holes...

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah, Lacazette who agreed to join Atletico but only for transfer ban, the team that qualifies for CL semi finals regularly, made finals in 2 of the last 3-4 CLs is good enough for them,

but

isn't good enough for the team that didn't qualify for CL last season, when they did they didn't even qualify from group stages and finished 6th in the league.

Fernando torres plays up front for that same team as well

astradave wrote: »
    End of? Your coming across pretty childish Bangkok, the whole idea of the forum is a discussion, if you don't want your wild claims to be discussed you shouldn't share them, but when you do, it doesn't give you the right to dictate when that discussion ends.

so im the only one who thinks lacazette isn't good enough to lead the line for us?

That's the way it looks to me. Everyone arguing against me would be happy if he was our no1 striker next season??

DM_7 wrote: »

The same Griezmann who is smaller (in looks) than 5 foot 9 Lacazette who has more brawn about him.

no I did not get you're facts straight

3months ago...

"ibra is a great target man, griezmann is the total opposite, would make a great duo, griezmann on his own wouldnt be a success imo"

last week

realistic starting 11 next season.....

----Perisic
    Rashford
    Griezmann

----Pogba
    Nainngolan
    Herrara----

Shaw
    Bailly
    Keane
    Valencia

de gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

But he said imo. Ergo, he can say whatever he likes and it is a fact, in his opinion.

There is no disruption in the fabric of logic so long as it exists purely in the reality of his opinion. You might disagree, but that is just your opinion existing in a different sphere of reality. And frankly how does he even know you exist at all? All he can be certain of is that he is a thinking thing; all else is supposition. Everything beyond the reality of his opinion should be challenged as being potentially fictitious, and one must proceed from a position of scepticism.

In fact, is Lacazette even real? How does Bangkok know phenomenologically that Lacazette a thinking being? With that in mind, is it sensible to hope that United sign someone who may or may not exist?

If Woodward signed a projection of Bangkok's mind, the fans would be furious unless he was banging in 45 goals a year and bullying Fellaini publicly. Massive risk. End of.

#EndOff

Seemed more like half time really. 2nd half starting now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

so im the only one who thinks lacazette isn't good enough to lead the line for us?

That's the way it looks to me. Everyone arguing against me would be happy if he was our no1 striker next season??

I'd be far from convinced that Lacazette would be good enough to carry the load, if we bring him in as the main guy then I would want another striker to go with him in case he does not work out.

I haven't seen a huge amount of him, what I have seen looks very impressive but you'd have to have questions until he does it at that level. His record in Europe was Ok this year.

You are using their backup striker, as what? Proof Atletico aren't a top level team? Lacazette wasn't going to be their back up, he was going to be their number one.

So? Lacazette was deemed good enough for a team that is easily top 4-5 in Europe.

FTI Torres is a bench player, started only 13 league games,

• Advertisement

You are using their backup striker, as what? Proof Atletico aren't a top level team? Lacazette wasn't going to be their back up, he was going to be their number one.

A back up striker that played 45 games this season??

that's you're opinion, you have no idea of that. For all we know griezmann was never leaving and Lacazette was his new strike partner

Well Torres is only their back up back up. Hes behind Gameiro aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

no I think you have misunderstood my post, by posting End of you are implying that you are right and everyone else that disagrees with you is wrong and that's what is coming across as childish.

You have many opposing views and of course if you have an opinion that is your right to hold it but people will disagree with your opinion

Well Torres is only their back up back up. Hes behind Gameiro aswell.

yet torres played more games than him...

A back up striker that played 45 games this season??

that's you're opinion, you have no idea of that. For all we know griezmann was never leaving and Lacazette was his new strike partner

Most of them are from bench.

no I think you have misunderstood my post, by posting End of you are implying that you are right and everyone else that disagrees with you is wrong and that's what is coming across as childish.

You have many opposing views and of course if you have an opinion that is your right to hold it but people will disagree with your opinion

to be honest I think when people see its me that posted, they just go against it for the sake of it.

If there was a poll done on Lacazette joining us as our main striker I would be interested to see the results as I don't think the majority of fans would be happy

• Advertisement

yet torres played more games than him...

Gameiro 27(19) appearances 46 Total
    Torres 21(24) appearances 45 Total

More significantly:

13 League Starts for Torres
    21 Starts for Gameiro

If you are going to try to use stats try to make sure they are true. This is embarrasing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Outsiders opinion, I think ye really need a top defensive midfielder, a real athlete who covers the ground fast and can pass the ball,in order to free pogba to do what he does best and really kick on. Carrick and fellaini are too slow for the job and I dont think its herreras game.

Jose has always loved a big centre forward, zlatan wont last much longer, il be shocked if ye dont sign an out and out centre forward, kane or lewandowski being the dream, probably lukakku tho, morata or benzema would be great.

I also think, even though ye defended well at times last season ye still need a top drawer centre back, not as easy to find a genuine solid defender anymore though, wouldn't fancy will keane after seeing him live this season a couple of times, reall struggles with pace and any movement, would be murdered in champions league.

Anyway, best of luck, im a closet red devil!!!

to be honest I think when people see its me that posted, they just go against it for the sake of it.

If there was a poll done on Lacazette joining us as our main striker I would be interested to see the results as I don't think the majority of fans would be happy

Not saying they would be or not. Just that your arguments have basically been...

1. No top level teams are after him (and when called out by the fact CL semi-finalists A.Madrid were, you went down a weird path of trying to imply they aren't a top team because of who their backup striker is)

2. He's not tall enough

Not saying they would be or not. Just that your arguments have basically been...

1. No top level teams are after him (and when called out by the fact CL semi-finalists A.Madrid were, you went down a weird path of trying to imply they aren't a top team because of who their backup striker is)

2. He's not tall enough

Thats moving the goalposts.

My original post was he isnt good enough to lead the line for man utd and i dont think he is class.

no I did not get you're facts straight

3months ago...

"ibra is a great target man, griezmann is the total opposite, would make a great duo, griezmann on his own wouldnt be a success imo"

last week

realistic starting 11 next season.....

----Perisic
    Rashford
    Griezmann

----Pogba
    Nainngolan
    Herrara----

Shaw
    Bailly
    Keane
    Valencia

de gea

Maybe try reading your own posts in last 7 days.

He has played up top though in plenty of games as well. I just think with rooney going and zlatan injured and maybe going greizemann will be played in the no 9 position.
    Spending 100m on a world class striker there is no way mourinho will be putting him on the wing
    Not really sure why some are happy about griezmanns defensive abilities..... we need goals added to the team. I would be telling greizemann to stay as high up the field as possible.

Also if griezmann is not going to play as a striker do people assume we will be signing another forward player??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement