Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    Thats moving the goalposts.

My original post was he isnt good enough to lead the line for man utd and i dont think he is class.

Ok, I don't think you know what "moving the goalposts" means.

You said he wasn't "class" enough for us. You were asked why. You gave those two reasons as your main argument. Thats not "moving the goalposts", that's asking for justification of your stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Opinions really are great, one thinks Lacazette isn't good enough, the others vehemently disagree.

Its not that I dont like his opinion, he just has that opinion just because. No real basis for him not being good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ok, I don't think you know what "moving the goalposts" means.

You said he wasn't "class" enough for us. You were asked why. You gave those two reasons as your main argument. Thats not "moving the goalposts", that's asking for justification of your stance.

I replied to you earlier. I said if he was class he still wouldnt be at lyon after 8 seasons and he would have more caps with france and not stuck behind giroud and others in the past

Thats moving the goalposts.

My original post was he isnt good enough to lead the line for man utd and i dont think he is class.

But why do you think hes not class, answer me that?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    But why do you think hes not class, answer me that?

He is not clinical enough in front of goals.

Has never done it on the big stage ie champions league

Has done nothing with france

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Enough about Martial, what do you think about Lacazette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

How many times would you say you have watched him play a full match?

I replied to you earlier. I said if he was class he still wouldnt be at lyon after 8 seasons and he would have more caps with france and not stuck behind giroud and others in the past

He chose not to go. He was happy at Lyon and signed a new deal in 2014/15 after being named player of the year despite heavy interest from Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs as well as Athletico.

Just because a player is happy and possibly loyal to his club is not basis for him not being top level.

Bottom line is I dont know if he can do it in a top league, but going by his goal scoring record in France the last 3 seasons its makes sense why a few top clubs seem to be interested in him and it would surprise no one but you if he was a success at a top club like Madrid or United

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

he is not clinical but still has the best conversion rate in top 5 leagues this season.
    Keep digging.

Has done nothing with france, in mostly international friendlies/short sub appearances

1#LOOK AT HIS GOALS PER GAME RATIO THE LAST 3 YEARS MAN!!!!!

2# Hes been playing with a poor team, most strikers who dont play for a top club dont tend to do well in the UCL.

3# He hasnt had a real chance yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He chose not to go. He was happy at Lyon and signed a new deal in 2014/15 after being named player of the year despite heavy interest from Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs as well as Athletico.

Just because a player is happy and possibly loyal to his club is not baisi for him not being top level.

Bottom line is I dont know if he can do it in a top league, but going by his goal scoring record in France the last 3 seasons its makes sense why a few top clubs seem to be interested in him and it would surprise no one but you if he was a success at a top club like Madrid or United

Lyon is also his hometown and birthplace so wouldnt be shocking if he did have a loyalty to his club. Hence I mentioned Totti the Rome boy staying at Roma despite offers.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    he is not clinical but still has the best conversion rate in top 5 leagues this season.
    Keep digging.

Going by them stats giroud has a better conversion rate than suarez...

So what do you base class off of then?

Surely a striker scoring goals counts for something its a big indicator that shouldnt be ignored.

Giroud and Suarez are different style of players playing indifferent teams too.

Do you really need to be THIS obtuse or do you not understand?

So what do you base class off of then?

Surely a striker scoring goals counts for something its a big indicator that shouldnt be ignored.

He is a very good player. IMO he is not good enough to play as a striker for man utd. IMO

Carlos bacca scores plenty of goals as well, i wouldnt consider him to be good enough for man utd either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So what do you mean by not clinical enough?

astradave wrote: »
    How many times would you say you have watched him play a full match?

Over the years ive probably seen him play 20 times. Full games. Watched all the lyon psg games and some of his games in europe. He did nothing in most of the games ive watched him play

He is a very good player. IMO he is not good enough to play as a striker for man utd. IMO

Carlos bacca scores plenty of goals as well, i wouldnt consider him to be good enough for man utd either

I get that its your opinion, but we are telling you your reasoning for forming the opinion is flawed.

Its unfair to suggest he isnt good enough yet when A he hasnt played in a top league yet while B performing extremely well at a level close enough to teh top tier of leagues.

I get taht its your opinion, but we are telling you your reasoning for forming the opinion is flawed.

Its unfair to suggest he isnt good enough yet when A he hasnt played in a top league yet while B performing extremely well at a level close enough to teh top tier of leagues.

If he goes to a top league and performs well in the big games i will happily change my opinion on him. Until then, he will be a good player in my eyes and nothing else.

If he goes to utd and scores a **** load of goals i will happily admit i was wrong, until then we will never know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

yYWN7_s-200x150.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Lacazette would be a pretty underwhelming signing, but he is better than any of our current options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'd love to see us go for Aubameyang, tall pacey striker with a great eye for goal

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I'd love to see us go for Aubameyang, tall pacey striker with a great eye for goal

Yes please. We can all agree on that one i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Think PSG are getting him for £60-70 million

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hococop wrote: »
    Think PSG are getting him for ?60-70 million

If they get him for ?70m I feel it will be a steal when we see what some other world class players will go for this summer.

If we really wanted Harry Kane I could see Spurs milking us for in excess of ?100m easily. Lukaku will probably go for ?70m or ?80m

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    If they get him for ?70m I feel it will be a steal when we see what some other world class players will go for this summer.

If we really wanted Harry Kane I could see Spurs milking us for in excess of ?100m easily. Lukaku will probably go for ?70m or ?80m

Harry kane is 4 years younger, english, premier league proven and imo worth 100m

Kane is going nowhere for under 130m in the current market.

I wonder if Andreas Pereira will be kept in the 1st team squad next season. Varela and Januzaj are done after dreadful loans, Johnstone appears to have slipped behind the younger Joel Pereira despite a good loan at Villa so he could go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I rather Morata than Aubameyang. Whenever I've seen him play for Real he's been very clinical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mourinho sides have always done well with a big man up top. The likes of Lukaku, Llorente, Bas Dost or Mandzukic would be a better fit for United right now imo.

Of course there has to be more creativity in attacking midfield I think and that is where I'd be spending the big money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

pjohnson wrote: »
    Do you really need to be THIS obtuse or do you not understand?

Nothing stops. Nothing, or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards, I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the Sodomites. You'll think you've been ****ed by a train! And the library? Gone, Sealed off, brick-by-brick. We'll have us a little book barbecue in the yard. They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns. You understand me? Catching my drift? ...Or am I being obtuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

For anybody that has bothered arguing with Bangkok just remember this is the guy that would disappear anytime Fellaini played well only to turn up 3-4 days later hoping to start the same argument again re Fellaini.

My 2 cents is Lacazette would be a good signing. I might be mad but I could see Jose possibly using a diamond formation in the preseason. Something like

Rashford Lacazette/Belotti/Lukaku

Mkhitaryan/Mata

Pogba. Herrera

New DM/Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

LeeJM wrote: »

Mkhitaryan/Mata

Pogba. Herrera

New DM/Fellaini

What in Christ is going on here. You are playing a 2 2 2 4 formation?

Or if i try make sense of it it looks like 3 in midfield and 4 up front. So 3 at the back? With no wing backs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

eagle eye wrote: »
    Mourinho sides have always done well with a big man up top. The likes of Lukaku, Llorente, Bas Dost or Mandzukic would be a better fit for United right now imo.

Of course there has to be more creativity in attacking midfield I think and that is where I'd be spending the big money.

I give up

Yea thats exactly what it is........ Or maybe the / means or. So its Mkhitaryan or Mata. New DM or Fellaini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GSPfan wrote: »
    What in Christ is going on here. You are playing a 2 2 2 4 formation?

You dont understand that playerA/playerB are two options not two separate positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

to be honest I think when people see its me that posted, they just go against it for the sake of it.

If there was a poll done on Lacazette joining us as our main striker I would be interested to see the results as I don't think the majority of fans would be happy

I feel that way sometimes too.

LeeJM wrote: »
    For anybody that has bothered arguing with Bangkok just remember this is the guy that would disappear anytime Fellaini played well only to turn up 3-4 days later hoping to start the same argument again re Fellaini.

My 2 cents is Lacazette would be a good signing. I might be mad but I could see Jose possibly using a diamond formation in the preseason. Something like

Mkhitaryan/Mata

Pogba. Herrera

New DM/Fellaini

Bull****

Nothing stops. Nothing, or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards, I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the Sodomites. You'll think you've been ****ed by a train! And the library? Gone, Sealed off, brick-by-brick. We'll have us a little book barbecue in the yard. They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns. You understand me? Catching my drift? ...Or am I being obtuse?

Whatever the hell your taking you've had two times too much jimmy.

Bull****

Its not, I really do believe Jose will try out a diamond formation :P

• Advertisement

Gerrard has had to pull out of the testimonial after picking up an injury against "Hashtag United".

Gerrard has had to pull out of the testimonial after picking up an injury against "Hashtag United".

Is it on MUTV?

Have a feeling we are going to sign Bale.. don't ask why I think this though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Why do you think that though? :pac:

Why do you think that though? :pac:

I just do right!

End of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Anything coming thro on lotto numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I just do right!

End of!

Is it on MUTV?

And ITV, i think

And ITV, i think

Ah grand, neither of them are gone from the Dodgy box so can watch away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-transfer-news-gareth-bale-real-madrid-latest-a7770331.html

Ive been saying it for a few weeks. I think the speculation is becoming more frequent. Id take Bale over Griezmann any day of the week, injuries or not. Probably get him for a smidge less too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement