Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

pjohnson wrote: »
    James is more like Griezmann. If we could get Mandzukic I'd be delighted.

Need a goal scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

DM_7 wrote: »
    Need a goal scorer.

LOL - good job :D

Need a goal scorer.

Lol

Should have expected that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Need a goal scorer.

You said what??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

This CL final has been epic so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Florentinos thoughts "Dave would have saved that"

*Runs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

astradave wrote: »
    Florentinos thoughts "Dave would have saved that"

*Runs

Correction, would have saved it with his foot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Was Brady trolling: "A taller keeper might have saved it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Great to see both teams going all out for the right to play United for the Super Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Great positive go forward passing by both sides in final tonight.....hope Jose is watching and sees you don't necessarily need to have a Fellaini type player or two on the pitch to be successful.

• Advertisement

Can we just bring Ronny home!

Great positive go forward passing by both sides in final tonight.....hope Jose is watching and sees you don't necessarily need to have a Fellaini type player or two on the pitch to be successful.

Well juventus are more then likely going lose this game playing forward passing football so it's 50 50. You play to your squads strengths and Jose did that and won so what's the argument?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great to see a team playing attacking football, none of this 6 at the back nonsense.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Can we just bring Ronny home!

Nope he is happy with his current family time to move on and get over it.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nope he is happy with his current family time to move on and get over it.

Id still take him as a replacement for Zlatan.. Play him in the No9 position. His movement fir the 2 goals were unreal!

Id still take him as a replacement for Zlatan.. Play him in the No9 position. His movement fir the 2 goals were unreal!

Haha course id take him too id love nothing more then to have him back but he is happy at Madrid he will never be back to United as out player he has another 3 or 4 years ahead if him with Madrid.

Haha course id take him too id love nothing more then to have him back but he is happy at Madrid he will never be back to United as out player he has another 3 or 4 years ahead if him with Madrid.

Ah Easily.. A lad can dream though :D it is silly season after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Real have been very good this second half. Unbelievable final

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Great to see a team playing attacking football, none of this 6 at the back nonsense.

You lads are as bitter as ****. This is the reigning CL winners about to win it again and you are using it to criticise Jose managing Utd.

Sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Scary part is we have to play this team in August

adox wrote: »
    You lads are as bitter as ****. This is the reigning CL winners about to win it again and you are using it to criticise Jose managing Utd.

Sad really.

At least he's not blaming Woodward of Juve losing :D

Would have to bring Benzema with him.

Madrid are amazing. Bale and Morata are on the bench.

Hococop wrote: »

Ah we will be fine, Ronaldo will score a hat-trick

For us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hococop wrote: »

Not scary at all. Very exciting is what is is. Hopefully by then Jose has his players. It'll be a great warm up to the the new season and CL

Whatever zidane said or did at half-time he deserves the plaudits Madrid been excellent this half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What do Rooney and Real Madrid have in common?

They both ****ed the old lady.

Your ma

:)

Oh-no-you-didnt-GIF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Glad for Pogba that he made the right decision moving to United to win European trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So United are due to play Real Madrid in July and August.

Papers will surely talk up the James Rodriguez links now that he didn't feature at all.

• Advertisement

Papers will surely talk up the James Rodriguez links now that he didn't feature at all.

Another that has been mentioned plenty on here Isco has a very poor game I thought.

Anytime I see him, he seems very talented with bags of skill but very loose with his play.

adox wrote: »
    Another that has been mentioned plenty on here Isco has a very poor game I thought.

Anytime I see him, he seems very talented with bags of skill but very loose with his play.

He definitely deserved his spot with his play up until the final, he did have a poor final though. The fans absolutely adore him though and he takes Bales spot on the team.

Could see Bale and James both move on this summer. It'll be interesting anyways.

I'm guessing we all would prefer bale from the two of them? I know I said I'd be worried about his fitness but for a player like that it be a gamble worth taking.

I'm guessing we all would prefer bale from the two of them? I know I said I'd be worried about his fitness but for a player like that it be a gamble worth taking.

Bale would instantly transform our attack, i honestly don't know if i could say the same for James atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bale would instantly transform our attack, i honestly don't know if i could say the same for James atm

If he was ever fit

The guy will also have a injury plagued seasons

Headshot wrote: »
    If he was ever fit

The guy will also have a injury plagued seasons

Still played 30 games this season. He got a knock on his ankle also it wasn't exactly a muscle injury... it's hard to know really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Thank you for that. Beaming from ear to ear. It's a great relationship they have. I'd say he's very much a father figure to Cristiano

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Still played 30 games this season. He got a knock on his ankle also it wasn't exactly a muscle injury... it's hard to know really.

I adored Bale in his last season at Spurs. Its a shame if he is "injury prone", but a fit Bale would be magnificent of a signing.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I adored Bale in his last season at Spurs. Its a shame if he is "injury prone", but a fit Bale would be magnificent of a signing.

That goal he scored i think was in the Spanish cup final he ran off the pitch and back on to beat the defender was glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

He only played 26 games for Real in total this season, including two subs. Only 1,425 league minutes this season and only 1,741 league minutes last season for a player who is guaranteed first choice when fit. It's not hard to know, the guy has had serious injury problems the last two seasons.

Pro. F wrote: »
    He only played 26 games for Real in total this season, including two subs. Only 1,425 league minutes this season and only 1,741 league minutes last season for a player who is guaranteed first choice when fit. It's not hard to know, the guy has had serious injury problems the last two seasons.

Are they injuries because he is injury prone or just hard challenges or unlucky knocks? I'm not disagreeing with you I really don't know. I said the other week I didn't think he was fit enough but if you had a chance of signing him would it be a risk worth taking?

Ps: played 27 games last season in league and Europe alone get your facts right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Lord TSC wrote: »

That goal he scored i think was in the Spanish cup final he ran off the pitch and back on to beat the defender was glorious.
    Was that not against Inter Milan when he destroyed Maicon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Utd would need to strengthen before they play real Madrid in the supercup.

Although I have no doubt José will stiffle that game too.

killwill wrote: »
    Was that not against Inter Milan when he destroyed Maicon?

No his first season with madrid

gareth-bale-copa-goal-against-barca-b.gif

Are they injuries because he is injury prone or just hard challenges or unlucky knocks? I'm not disagreeing with you I really don't know. I said the other week I didn't think he was fit enough but if you had a chance of signing him would it be a risk worth taking?

It's not important whether the injuries have been caused by tackles or giggling too hard. When he's missed that many games over two seasons that means he has been injury prone.

It could be worth signing him if the price (transfer, wages and contract) properly reflected his injury problems, but it won't.
    Ps: played 27 games last season in league and Europe alone get your facts right :)

He didn't play in any competitions other than the league and CL. 27 games total including tonight. Soccerway hadn't yet updated for tonight's game when I checked. Still closer than your 30.

It's not important whether the injuries have been caused by tackles or giggling too hard. When he's missed that many games over two seasons that means he has been injury prone.

It could be worth signing him if the price (transfer, wages and contract) was reasonable, but it won't be.

He didn't play in any competitions other than the league and CL. 27 games total including tonight. Soccerway hadn't yet updated for tonight's game when I checked. Still a lot closer than your 30.

It does matter. Injury prone would be jones type player or sturidge picking up knocks left right and center.

If bale has missed all them games as results of say two bad challenges or two unlucky incidents then there is a good chance once he is fit he is ok. I don't know what Injuries he has had I just know he has missed loads of football that's all.

It does matter. Injury prone would be jones type player or sturidge picking up knocks left right and center.

If bale has missed all them games as results of say two bad challenges or two unlucky incidents then there is a good chance once he is fit he is ok. I don't know what I juries he has had I'm I know he has missed loads of football that's all.

I thought you were asking about the types of injuries rather than the frequency. Yep, it's been frequent injuries transfermarkt injury table

• Advertisement

I thought you were asking about the types of injuries rather than the frequency. Yep, it's been frequent injuries transfermarkt injury table

Good few muscle injuries in that alright.

The problem is that he won't be bought for less then they paid for him and that's alit if money for that injury record.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement