Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Wouldn't dembele at Celtic be a better gamble then mbappe for 100 million im surprised no one has gone in and flashed 30 million at Celtic and bought him yet i think someone will this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A fit Bale is the third best player in the world. A dream signing.

Would be a dream signing. Something like different training regime or adapting his game could help a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nuts102 wrote: »
    A fit Bale is the third best player in the world. A dream signing.

A fit Bale would be a dream signing all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Glad to say i sat in the stand tonight in cardiff and witnessed imo the greatest player ever to play the game. A utd legend, a real madrid legend. A portugal icon. Prob never see the likes of him again. Ronaldo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

bangkok wrote: »
    Glad to say i sat in the stand tonight in cardiff and witnessed imo the greatest player ever to play the game. A utd legend, a real madrid legend. A portugal icon. Prob never see the likes of him again. Ronaldo

Were you beside Matas father?

bangkok wrote: »

Messi is better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is in his hole better.

Ronaldo has it all and then some. A leader, an icon. One of the worst things that ever happened this club is selling Ronnie to those ****ers

Anyone not like Ramos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Love seeing Ronaldo and Fergie together. It's brilliant to see.

I actually have the utmost respect for Christiano Ronaldo. What an amazing player and can anybody tell me a bad headline in a newspaper about him off the field?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »

Have to agree, as much as I love CR, Messi is just that little bit better.

Still, two phenomenal athletes and we are blessed to have seen both of them at the same time in their prime as well as havinf one of them play for us.

Is that CR's 4th CL title?

Think that ties him on top of the all time list foe individual medals along with Seedorf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, it's match day. Kinda.

Seeing Fergie back at the home bench. So excited for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Bale is pushing 30 and seems to be a walking sick note which we have enough of in the squad already. I don't think he'd be worth the fee he'd command.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Rod Munch wrote: »

Still, two phenomenal athletes and we are blessed to have seen both of them at the same time in their prime as well as havinf one of them play for us.

Think that ties him on top of the all time list foe individual medals along with Seedorf.

The Barcelona lads like Messi, Xavi and Iniesta would have won it four times too plus you've got Costacurta and Maldini who have won it five times.

Edit: Bit of googling and Francisco "Paco" Gento won it six times with Real Madrid in the 50s and 60s

https://www.transfermarkt.com/uefa-champions-league/erfolgreichstespieler/pokalwettbewerb/CL

thelad95 wrote: »
    Bale is pushing 30 and seems to be a walking sick note which we have enough of in the squad already. I don't think he'd be worth the fee he'd command.

He's still 27. 28 in a month. "Pushing 30" seems harsh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He's 28 in July...

Edit: beaten to it

Rod Munch wrote: »

I was actually messing I prefer Ronaldo all today long but i don't subscribe to the who is better argument anymore I think it's like arguing is the black Ferrari nicer then the red Ferrari...

Two of them are the two best footballers hands down the things that make each one good or bad can be dicided by team tactics and individual playstyle I prefer to just say they are both best in the world.

the thoughts of Ronaldo coming back will be with me til he retires, I know he wont be back but I would give my left nut to resign him

Sergio ramos is one player I don't think I would like to see at our club, he is just **** stirring and in peoples faces constantly.. maybe he would be different away from madrid but by god from the game last night I was willing someone to lash back at him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ronaldo is gone longer than he was at OT. Time to move on.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Ronaldo is gone longer than he was at OT. Time to move on.
    I cant lol

• Advertisement

cant help but love Ronaldo. the respect he showed Fergie was fantastic, fair play to him

cant help but love Ronaldo. the respect he showed Fergie was fantastic, fair play to him

Wonder if there is any chance of him stopping by Manchester on his way back to Spain today, to play under Fergie one last time. If he does, the crowd can shower with the adoration to beg him back :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Messi is a superior footballer , ronaldo is a superior athlete.. They are both great footballers, having seen them both play in the flesh I believe Messi has a more instinctive footballer technical ability that ronaldo doesn't have. His close control and getting past players is exceptional. Ronaldo is more speed and power.

It's impossible to say who is "better". I think Rooney could of been as good as ronaldo had he the same application... I believe that was one of the reasons why SAF fell out with him. Not just the contract negotiations but the fact that he didn't really deserve what he wanted. Ronaldo is the perfect example of a footballer who has maximised his potential with amazing drive and practise.

so transfer talk who do you really wanna see signed? I cant see real or barca selling players so outside of those two

20170604_103231.pngwindows screenshot

Neville and Barton on Twitter last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, it's match day. Kinda.

Seeing Fergie back at the home bench. So excited for this.

Channel and time? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Lord TSC wrote: »

He's still 27. 28 in a month. "Pushing 30" seems harsh...

True, but with his injury record and his reliance on pace he is at the beginning of a downward curve. I would steer clear of him to be honest.

He does have an outrageous left foot to be fair, but I think his pace really sets him apart and makes him unplayable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Channel and time? :D

ITV k/o 2.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Bale is amazing but he's not worth the risk of a big money transfer imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ronaldo has won the biggest trophies in two countries and won with his country. Tell me who currently around who is better that has done that?

btw wouldn't want Benzema if Madrid were to sell, one would think Real Madrid would have a better number 9.

I would love Bale if I was not concerned about his fitness over a season.

Jayop wrote: »
    Bale is amazing but he's not worth the risk of a big money transfer imo.

Disagree. He's worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

For those who dont rate Martial or Rashford good enough to lead the line for us would ye be happy with Jose spending €100 m on Mbappe ?? And would ye trust him as our centre forward ??

GSPfan wrote: »

Proven premiere league player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Robson99 wrote: »
    For those who dont rate Martial or Rashford good enough to lead the line for us would ye be happy with Jose spending €100 m on Mbappe ?? And would ye trust him as our centre forward ??

Nope €100m after 1 season is way too much.

Id rather spend considerably less on a player like Lacazette.

He has the quality, when he's available for selection.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What has Morata valued at 43m?!

Liam O wrote: »
    What has Morata valued at 43m?!

AC Milan bit 60m euro I think for him so that may be where the figures are coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

astradave wrote: »

Should be €70m+ Morata

De Gea is a €100m player in todays market and we shouldnt be bending over to Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Real can have DDG for Bale .Job done.

Anything less they can piss off.Why United would sell DDG for anything less than 100m is baffling to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

yabadabado wrote: »
    Real can have DDG for Bale .Job done.

Anything less they can piss off.Why United would sell DDG for anything less than 100m is baffling to me.

Would absolutely not make that swap. Bale is a quality player but is too injury prone and has likely 4-5 years of his peak left even if he keeps healthy, DDG has no injury problems, is a proven quantity in the squad and has 10-12 years left at his best. Bale is also not vital to them, DDG is to us and has been our best player over the last 5 or so years.

Bale plus 30mn or morta plus 60+. Or Bale and mortality for DDG and around 30mn leaving our account. Doubt any of those happen though, swaps in deals are fairly infrequent.

We have 2015's Mbappe already...

Nope. And there's very little chance of that happening so doubt we have to worry about it. Mbappe is Real Madrid bound I bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mbappe is Real Madrid bound I bet.

I think I read somewhere about if he'll only go to where first team football is guaranteed.

Don't think that would be the case at Madrid.

Im not gonna argue on this because I have nothing to back it up but from watching Morata and Lukaku if I was to want one or the other Id rather have Morata. I just think he would suit us better. I think he would be cheaper than Lukaku which means we still have money for a superstar signing.

Only problem with wanting after Madrid players is why would any of them want to leave?!

Im not gonna argue on this because I have nothing to back it up but from watching Morata and Lukaku if I was to want one or the other Id rather have Morata. I just think he would suit us better. I think he would be cheaper than Lukaku which means we still have money for a superstar signing.

Only problem with wanting after Madrid players is why would any of them want to leave?!

Would agree with Morata. Think he is a great player from what I have seen of him. Much better link up player than Lukaku IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

For those who dont rate Martial or Rashford good enough to lead the line for us would ye be happy with Jose spending ?100 m on Mbappe ?? And would ye trust him as our centre forward ??

No. It would be stupid to spend 100m on Mbappe.

Yeah I'd value DeGea over Bale. DeGea could and should be a worldie for another 10 and more years. The very best keepers have all had long careers at the very top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd take Mandzukic all day. He is a natural target man but this season as a left striker has shown he works like a demon and is very unselfish.

Lampard out of today's game :( the panto villains are all falling (Gerrard pulled out a day or two ago).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement