Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Vida scores a header from a corner! When did we actually last score a header direct from a corner?

Might have been when Vidic last scored for us....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just back from the Ireland Uruguay match

3-1 we looked comfy winners

Cavani is an auld one..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know literally nothing about Morata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know literally nothing about Morata.

Tried him in FUT once. Underwhelming.

Do not want.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Tried him in FUT once. Underwhelming.

Do not want.

People give out bout Perisic but all I know is he has a half dozen special cards so must be good :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

34bHSsJ.png

Renato Sanchez and Douglas Costa are being made available for loan/transfer.Both would cost about €75 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

34bHSsJ.png

Good god that is cringey.

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »

His kids made him do it.They were on the bench egging him on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    Renato Sanchez and Douglas Costa are being made available for loan/transfer.Both would cost about €75 million.

No thanks to costa but Sanchez is a great prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Even better if you could get him on loan for a season to see how he fits in before splashing any money out on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I feel we need two centre midfielders this summer as we are very light at the minute. Pogba got injured and we really struggled, it was blatantly obvious.

Buy Fabinho and someone like Renato Sanchez and we would be in great shape. Good competition for places there.

I know very little about Renato Sanchez but a young player with ability would do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'd be wary that Bayern already want to dump a e30m+ teenager after 1 season and 6 starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Ah I see, I didn't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

My niece (11) makes my dad dab, I've called it grandabbing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I'd be wary that Bayern already want to dump a e30m+ teenager after 1 season and 6 starts.

I have not seen a lot of him but have mixed feelings - anytime I have seen him he gives away the ball a lot. I think if we are looking at cover for Pogba and Herrera we need a bit of experience we can rely on rather than an untried option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Kagawa signed for United this day 5 years ago. Where has the time gone?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

34bHSsJ.png

Michael Carrick, Lord of the dance.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Bayern don't seem to be the type of team you go to when you're 19 and needing to develop. Not saying we are either, mind.

If he was available for 20-25m as a backup, he'd be a good rotation option IF he could live up to his potential, but Bayern are being cheeky trying to recoup their losses like that on someone they barely played....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Each? Or do you mean in some sort of joint deal?

Even if it was for both, how would they seemingly gain value after showing very little in their time at Bayern? It would be like us getting more than we paid for for Martial if we sold him this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I thought Costa looked good whenever I have seen him play for Bayern.Played the majority of their games this season afaik.Possibly selling him to free up money and space for Alexis ?

Sanchez has huge potential but got very little time this season ,he would be a very good buy as long as it wasnt the only midfield signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone have a link to where I can watch the testimonial? Was out all day yesterday. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

yabadabado wrote: »
    I thought Costa looked good whenever I have seen him play for Bayern.Played the majority of their games this season afaik.Possibly selling him to free up money and space for Alexis ?

Sanchez has huge potential but got very little time this season ,he would be a very good buy as long as it wasnt the only midfield signing.

Was readying some Bayern fans comments on Reddit and the consensus seems to be something not too different from Martial - his initial performances in his first season were excellent and very promising, but looked a different (not better) player this season.

• Julez wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to where I can watch the testimonial? Was out all day yesterday. Cheers

Part two is the second half

• thelad95 wrote: »

Really don't understand why the dab annoys so many people.
    It's just a sign that you have gotten old if it pisses you off IMO.
    Same as saying "What sort of ****e music are these young wans listening to these days".

His son dabbed at him so he did the same for his son.

Was readying some Bayern fans comments on Reddit and the consensus seems to be something not too different from Martial - his initial performances in his first season were excellent and very promising, but looked a different (not better) player this season.

Was reading similar earlier this season that's why I said I'd pass on him. Not 100 percent on what the entire story was but it was something along the lines of him demanding pay on a par with lewandowski and when it was refused he downed tools or something to that effect.

Jose seemed to give an interview back in Portugal.

https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/871704036982099970

José Mourinho: "Victor LIndelöf? I won't tell you if I want him or not. I don't like to talk about players that aren't mine."

José Mourinho on Lindelöf: "Rui(Vitória) and the (Benfica) president wouldn't like to hear another manager talk about their players."

Man United manager Jose Mourinho: "This was the toughest season of my career. On the last day I got fed up with football, tired of it."

Mourinho: "I've given up on negotiating players. I gave my list to the CEO in April. He's until August 31st to give me what I want, or not."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/871704036982099970Mourinho: "I've given up on negotiating players. I gave my list to the CEO in April. He's until August 31st to give me what I want, or not."[/QUOTE]

Jose making it clear if the transfers fail to happen it's nothing to do with him. He has publicly put the pressure on Ed to get the work done.

Let's hope we get things done early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Quandary wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/871704036982099970Mourinho: "I've given up on negotiating players. I gave my list to the CEO in April. He's until August 31st to give me what I want, or not."

Jose making it clear if the transfers fail to happen it's nothing to do with him. He has publicly put the pressure on Ed to get the work done.

Let's hope we get things done early.[/QUOTE]

Seems a strange thing to say. When did he negotiate & why did he give up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Were you three lads all briefed by the club?

Same story at the same time. Coincidence?

GSPfan wrote: »
    Were you three lads all briefed by the club?

Same story at the same time. Coincidence?

Zerked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jose seemed to give an interview back in Portugal.

https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/871704036982099970

José Mourinho: "Victor LIndelöf? I won't tell you if I want him or not. I don't like to talk about players that aren't mine."

José Mourinho on Lindelöf: "Rui(Vitória) and the (Benfica) president wouldn't like to hear another manager talk about their players."

Man United manager Jose Mourinho: "This was the toughest season of my career. On the last day I got fed up with football, tired of it."

Mourinho: "I've given up on negotiating players. I gave my list to the CEO in April. He's until August 31st to give me what I want, or not."

Not exactly the words you want to be hearing coming out of the managers mouth.

bangkok wrote: »
    Not exactly the words you want to be hearing coming out of the managers mouth.

True but maybe they have been lost in translation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Really don't understand why the dab annoys so many people.
    It's just a sign that you have gotten old if it pisses you off IMO.
    Same as saying "What sort of ****e music are these young wans listening to these days".

His son dabbed at him so he did the same for his son.

Some people are just grim and can't have any craic.

Have a thing in work with the fella beside me, when we improve SQL code so it runs quicker, I dab, he does the Grizemann thing :P

jayo26 wrote: »
    Zerked

I briefed them.

I see Madrid have confirmed James,Coentrao and Pepe are leaving the club.Pepe is Paris bound but I still have a feeling James will join United.

I briefed them.

I see Madrid have confirmed James,Coentrao and Pepe are leaving the club.Pepe is Paris bound but I still have a feeling James will join United.

Wonder will James end up with a.c. milan

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/871751718207238144

"Morata has emerged as United's top transfer target".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/871751718207238144

"Morata has emerged as United's top transfer target".

ugh no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Van Dijk looks to be on his way to the Pool

Come on Ed throw in a bid hijack the deal

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh no thanks

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why?

I dont rate him at all.

Much better strikers out there

True but maybe they have been lost in translation

He said it in english after europa league final as well. He was tired. He needed to get away from football. Time for ed to do his work now. Etc etc

Van Dijk looks to be on his way to the Pool

Come on Ed throw in a bid hijack the deal

A huge big chunk of their £100 million warchest gone on him and Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

TheDoc wrote: »
    Some people are just grim and can't have any craic.

Have a thing in work with the fella beside me, when we improve SQL code so it runs quicker, I dab, he does the Grizemann thing :P

Gonna start dabbing everytime I get an annoying customer off the phone :pac:

A huge big chunk of their £100 million warchest gone on him and Salah.

They are signing probably the best defender in england if he goes there.

Salah is a snip as well at that price

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When a Harry Kane would be north of 80 million or Lukaku more I can see why the club would be interested in Morata and his much lower fee.

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking we live in some golden age of Premier League strikers. If Kane and Lukaku can rip up the premier league then a player like Morata would score goals as well. Look at Vardy in 15/16.

Ibra scored 17 league goals, at 35 and after playing in an 'Easy' league for a few years.

Josh King just scored 16 EPL goals...... Llorente got 15 goals. Would back Morata to be 20+ if United get some more width into the side.

Morata has a good record in European games. Something most EPL strikers dont have and must be considered a plus.

bangkok wrote: »
    They are signing probably the best defender in england if he goes there.

Salah is a snip as well at that price

At least they'll have one defender so.

Headshot wrote: »
    I dont rate him at all.

Much better strikers out there

Not many strikers with a better hitrate them him?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement