Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

bangkok wrote: »
    They are signing probably the best defender in england if he goes there.

They're signing bailly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Morata is much better at holding up the ball and playing others in than Lukaku, has a very good strike rate too and loads of room to get better, he's only 24

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/871768529816702976

Not really liking all these names we've been linked to recently. I just don't see how James is an upgrade on Mata or Miki. With Griezmann out of the picture, I don't know who else is out there looking for a move to get excited about. Excite me Woody!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

astradave wrote: »
    Morata is much better at holding up the ball and playing others in than Lukaku, has a very good strike rate too and loads of room to get better, he's only 24

Id be more than happy for us to sign Morata. Id say you'd get him for a reasonable fee too. When I say reasonable it would be £50 million or so.

Id still love someone for that right wing as I can't see us winning things next year with Mata or Lingard out there. They just don't suit that role.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/871768529816702976

Not really liking all these names we've been linked to recently. I just don't see how James is an upgrade on Mata or Miki. With Griezmann out of the picture, I don't know who else is out there looking for a move to get excited about. Excite me Woody!!!

I feel the window is going to be about getting in hard workers who Jose trusts will give him 100%. If Jose can trust James more than Mkhi, for instance, then skill might be secondary to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I feel the window is going to be about getting in hard workers who Jose trusts will give him 100%. If Jose can trust James more than Mkhi, for instance, then skill might be secondary to that.

but jose signed mkhi only last season. he surely knew what he was signing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Perisic to Utd rumours seem to have cooled down a bit

but jose signed mkhi only last season. he surely knew what he was signing

Other option is something like...

Morata
    Perisic - James - Mkhi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think it will be about more than hard workers.

He needs goals and mental strength. Jose can ask anyone to work hard, look at Sneijder at Inter. What he needs are more players with the mentality to back themselves and execute his wishes.

We saw games this season where United fell back on themselves and didn't have the guts to hold possession, hold a higher line.

If United sign 4 players I expect 3 to be very confident in themselves/their ability.

• Advertisement

Other option is something like...

Morata
    Perisic - James - Mkhi

Rashford

Martial----mata
    mkhi

i would be much happier with bottom team, much more pace in it and mata is a better player than james imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Damn Virgil off to Pool. Woulda loved him here.

We have till 31st August anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rashford

Martial----mata
    mkhi

i would be much happier with bottom team, much more pace in it and mata is a better player than james imo

But only one of them players scored more then 10 goals this season mate... do you not see where the problem is here?

We would be going into a new season hoping that they all pick it up a level and if they don't we have no options to use instead.

Rashford

Martial----mata
    mkhi

You'll be happy with fighting for forth then....

pjohnson wrote: »
    Damn Virgil off to Pool. Woulda loved him here.

We have till 31st August anyway!

He was always going to make the step up from the feeder club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jayo26 wrote: »
    He was always going to make the step up from the feeder club.

Fair point haha

• Advertisement

You'll be happy with fighting for forth then....

perisic is v good, morata is needed, cant see the need for James though

perisic is v good, morata is needed, cant see the need for James though

Why did you leave them out of your team you be happy with so?

We got a bargain so

Screenshot_20170605-183316.jpg

Vvd destroyed bailly on aerial challenges tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So far today......

Douglas Costa,Renato Sanchez,Alvaro Morata,Lindelorf and James Rodriguez.

zerks wrote: »
    So far today......

Douglas Costa,Renato Sanchez,Alvaro Morata,Lindelorf and James Rodriguez.

Add Dybala to that and the day isn't even over :D

https://twitter.com/mundodeportivo/status/871776422620270592

• Advertisement

RIP Cheick Tiote. Some years ago, his name was mentioned in here regularly enough as a player who could potentially be part of the infamous midfield rebuild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Part two is the second half

Cheers Mick, having watched it back two things to note...

1. I'd love a Man Utd 08 team in FIFA. Some team it was, and was missing Ronaldo and Tevez yesterday!

2. Rooney did not look out of place at all with the retired players... :o

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why did you leave them out of your team you be happy with so?

i like players with pace, Morata is not fast, but we still need him. james is not fast either and i think mata is better

i like players with pace, Morata is not fast, but we still need him. james is not fast either and i think mata is better

Statistically mata ain't better. He may be safer because of the experience in premier league but James does just about everything better then mata.

That's not to say I'd want mata gone I really wouldn't I think he has a lot to offer but he can definitely be improved upon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Would people be happy if our 4 main signings were Lindelof, Fabinho, James and Morata?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Would people be happy if our 4 main signings were Lindelof, Fabinho, James and Morata?

Be happy enough with those 4.Think a player is needed for wide right moreso that James.
    Lindelof Fabinho Morata would be 3 excellent additions.

Hell yes.

For a club who (best) achieved fourth once in four years that would be a great summer.

I don't think it will happen though. Have little faith in many of the links at the moment. AG was the only one that stood out as true when everyone in football was talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

https://youtu.be/B1QKnLnLlWs

Just looking at this seasons goals he seems to be the type of complete no.9 we need left foot, right foot and headers. Yes he's not the huge name we all want but hes a player in a position we need. We should get the likes of him, Fabinho and Keane and then next season go for the big name of Griezmann when were ready to challenge for the Champions League.

Morata has plenty of pace and he's skilful too

City after Fabinho, no links to United last few days all gone quiet on that front..

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Be happy enough with those 4.Think a player is needed for wide right moreso that James.
    Lindelof Fabinho Morata would be 3 excellent additions.

No matter who joins I expect Valencia to continue as the wide right outlet. Any right sided foward or misfield player will be coming inside most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Morata didn't look so slow when he made mince meat of Bayern on the counter attack a couple of years ago.

Morata didn't look so slow when he made mince meat of Bayern on the counter attack a couple of years ago.

He's not slow at all, I don't know where Bangkok is getting that notion from, he'd easily have the same pace as Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

DM_7 wrote: »
    No matter who joins I expect Valencia to continue as the wide right outlet. Any right sided foward or misfield player will be coming inside most of the time.

I think if a proper wide player joins then we will see less of Valencia being expected to be rb and rw which can only be a good thing.I think too much was probably expected of Valencia last season out of neccessity more than anything else.
    A pacey wide player will make a big difference to the right side .

He's not slow at all, I don't know where Bangkok is getting that notion from, he'd easily have the same pace as Martial

When the ball is loose around the box he looks pretty fast to me anyway

I am sure AC Milan will be happy with him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

DM_7 wrote: »
    When the ball is loose around the box he looks pretty fast to me anyway

I am sure AC Milan will be happy with him :p

Where's FutureGuy?:p

Trying not to get my hopes up on Morata - think he could be a relatively reasonably priced buy that might do very well for us. I think Morata + €50m other player is better than €100m on Lukaku, given that we badly need strengthening in midfield.

I'll eat my new hat if we sign morata..

The Tanc lagging behind everyone.. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/871805542540464130

The Tanc lagging behind everyone.. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/871805542540464130

Haha I see you found zerks on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Would have Morata all day long over Lukaku.Rashford and A. Sanchez either side of him and Herrera Pogba and Mikateryan behind them.
    Seen as AG is not happening and we were going to spend £80m on him I'm sure we could get both for £100m. You have serious pace in that front 6. And goals galore so long as Jose wouldn't use the wingers as fullback.
    We should be all over Sanchez

Fellaini scores for Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Sanchez instead of James and that would be excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I really don't understand why we don't go all out and bag Sanchez same way we got van Persie

sorry i was comparing the pace of rashford v the pace of morata. Rashford is quicker but yes morata is still fast

I really don't understand why we don't go all out and bag Sanchez same way we got van Persie

van persie wanted to join united and fergie went direct to wenger and wenger agreed to sell.

I dont think sanchez wants the move to united and can you imagine jose going to wenger to ask him to sell us sanchez :eek:

• Advertisement

Lads as much as I would love Alexis Sanchez I don't think there is any chance we are getting him. Arsenal are in a much better financial situation than the day they sold Van Persie and I would bet he would choose Chelsea over us as its an easier move to a London club. I think he goes to Bayern Munich or Chelsea and for us to get involved Id say we just waste our time.

As a curve ball would anyone take Mahrez as a fall back option for the right wing? Yeah he isn't a world beater but available and two seasons ago showed amazing form. I just don't see many links to a right winger/forward since the Griezmann deal ended. Hoping we have other options in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

van persie wanted to join united and fergie went direct to wenger and wenger agreed to sell.

I dont think sanchez wants the move to united and can you imagine jose going to wenger to ask him to sell us sanchez :eek:

Some choice French words...

sorry i was comparing the pace of rashford v the pace of morata. Rashford is quicker but yes morata is still fast

You would want to make up your mind so :D

You would want to make up your mind so :D

"Morata is not fast, but we still need him"

i was comparing his speed with rashford

Wow, is this the first time you've ever gone back on something you've said and not just doubled down on it? You normally go full Trump when you claim something you can't back up.

How does it feel? It's not as bad as you thought isn't it. The world didn't end either! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement