Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    "Morata is not fast, but we still need him"

i was comparing his speed with rashford

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    giphy.gif

go back literally 2 pages. i was replying to Jayo, he asked why i left morata out of my team, i said i preferred players with pace thats why i had rashford up top but i said we still needed morata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

GSPfan wrote: »
    Lads as much as I would love Alexis Sanchez I don't think there is any chance we are getting him. Arsenal are in a much better financial situation than the day they sold Van Persie and I would bet he would choose Chelsea over us as its an easier move to a London club. I think he goes to Bayern Munich or Chelsea and for us to get involved Id say we just waste our time.

As a curve ball would anyone take Mahrez as a fall back option for the right wing? Yeah he isn't a world beater but available and two seasons ago showed amazing form. I just don't see many links to a right winger/forward since the Griezmann deal ended. Hoping we have other options in the works.

I wouldn't want Mahrez near the club. I think the form he showed during their title season wasn't something he will replicate too often. He looked brutal at times since(as did many of their players)
    Has to be plenty of better options for that position .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

sorry i was comparing the pace of rashford v the pace of morata. Rashford is quicker but yes morata is still fast

Your like a wiggly worm Bangkok you will even move your own goalposts before you will admit to haven't a fecken clue haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lads as much as I would love Alexis Sanchez I don't think there is any chance we are getting him. Arsenal are in a much better financial situation than the day they sold Van Persie and I would bet he would choose Chelsea over us as its an easier move to a London club. I think he goes to Bayern Munich or Chelsea and for us to get involved Id say we just waste our time.

As a curve ball would anyone take Mahrez as a fall back option for the right wing? Yeah he isn't a world beater but available and two seasons ago showed amazing form. I just don't see many links to a right winger/forward since the Griezmann deal ended. Hoping we have other options in the works.

I'd use Lingard and Harrop over Mahrez. Leicester want what €30m for him and hes securly tied down contract wise. We arent this desperate yet are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Pray for AIG missing since the day of the Europa league final....

I hope he is found safe and well

With the holes he has dug I dont think that account will be back. Bridges have been nuked not burned.

go back literally 2 pages. i was replying to Jayo, he asked why i left morata out of my team, i said i preferred players with pace thats why i had rashford up top but i said we still needed morata

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball"

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'd use Lingard and Harrop over Mahrez. Leicester want what ?30m for him and hes securly tied down contract wise. We arent this desperate yet are we?

Lingard is average and will be at a bottom half team in a season or two and Harrop will do well if he makes it at a team fighting relegation.

Mahrez was one of the best players in the league in a title winning season. If he could be got for 30 million it would be a bargain.

You have to laugh when people dont want James and Mahrez when you consider the players starting in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Nuts102 wrote: »
    You have to laugh when people dont want James and Mahrez when you consider the players starting in front of them.

But it's not like most people are saying that - it's that they feel there are better alternatives/options instead. We are lucky that transfer funds are not a massive problem for us, but there are still constraints and you can't buy everyone.

• Advertisement

Id say mahrez will go to arsenal.

Van djik is some signing for liverpool. World record fee for a defender

Still a bit away from agreement but they will get there according to BBC.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/871769595119579136

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Seen him in the pro wrestling forum yesterday so he's around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Anyone worrying about James quality should watch him for Columbia, he is absolute class and a great leader from the front.

The fact he can't break into a back to back winning champions league team and possibly the most top heavy club in the world is not much of a worry. He's a level about our creative midfielders(bar pogba) and creates an immense amount.

If Jose wants him you can be sure he will be class for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Toobz wrote: »
    Anyone worrying about James quality should watch him for Columbia, he is absolute class and a great leader from the front.

The fact he can't break into a back to back winning champions league team and possibly the most top heavy club in the world is not much of a worry. He's a level about our creative midfielders(bar pogba) and creates an immense amount.

If Jose wants him you can be sure he will be class for us.

Mata Mikateryan Fellani Rooney all no 10s. Surely we dont need another

Robson99 wrote: »

We don't need what we have. We need better. Keep the same and keep the creative struggle going.

Fellaini no 10? Baby jesus just cried

Its not me that puts him there and I dont rate him but Jose has played him in that role.
    Personally I think Mikateryan is our best no 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

With the holes he has dug I dont think that account will be back. Bridges have been nuked not burned.

What was said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

It is the closest thing to his role, which is pretty unique as modern midfielders go. A false 10 is how i'd describe him.

We don't need what we have. We need better. Keep the same and keep the creative struggle going.

Think it more to do with tactics than the players

spiralism wrote: »
    It is the closest thing to his role, which is pretty unique as modern midfielders go. A false 10 is how i'd describe him.
    Poor is how I'd describe him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

But it's not like most people are saying that - it's that they feel there are better alternatives/options instead.

Its people saying that the better options are Lingard and Harrop that starts the world laughing.

Think it more to do with tactics than the players

If having a record amount of shots at home to teams is poor tactics then I'm stumped as to what we should do.

It's media bs that we play negative. We played some great stuff last season.

I will back track on one thing though, I missed mikhi in your OP. I agree he is class but it's looking like hes covering our RW currently.

DiMarzio reporting now that Inter want to keep Perisic and will sell other players to raise funds instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Morata seems to be a very forgettable player, he couldn't be first or second choice for Mourinho worrying if we are already way down the list of preferences for attacking players when our attack was so blunt last season.

If having a record amount of shots at home to teams is poor tactics then I'm stumped as to what we should do.

It's media bs that we play negative. We played some great stuff last season.

I will back track on one thing though, I missed mikhi in your OP. I agree he is class but it's looking like hes covering our RW currently.

But you said we were struggling to create ???? Yet now we had a record no of shots at home???
    Surely you can see that our tactics have been very negative in the bigger games. 6 at the back, thats not media anyone could see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Morata seems to be a very forgettable player, he couldn't be first or second choice for Mourinho worrying if we are already way down the list of preferences for attacking players when our attack was so blunt last season.

Morata is a good striker, very good, Madrid brought him back but in reality with Benzema (who does so much good work, unnoticed a lot of the time) and now Ronaldo playing more as a CF his path to the team is pretty tough.

With his particular skill set I would not think he is very far down Mourinho's list of targets really. A concern I would have about him is he clearly wants to be at Madrid, he has said as much but with the caveat that he does not know if he will be there next season as it may not be his decision, and that if he were to join United we would be his 3rd team in as many seasons.

If he is available at a reasonable fee I think it would be a very appealing transfer for Mourinho. Tall, good pace, good finisher, holds the ball up well, works for the team etc

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

But you said we were struggling to create ???? Yet now we had a record no of shots at home???
    Surely you can see that our tactics have been very negative in the bigger games. 6 at the back, thats not media anyone could see that

Never said we struggled to create, i said he's a level above. there's a difference between struggling to create and being creative and we're struggling moreso in a ball playing creative sense. I should have made it more clear. We are predictable. How often last season did we see teams settle into formation only for Herrera to get frustrated trying to break them down and bang a ball into row z?

I don't mind the negative stuff the odd game if there is a player at CAM who is going to facilitate a sweeping counter and that literally isn't in our team enough. Pogba does it but in the big games he thinks too much about defence and plays safe(I'm sure the price tag and media still weigh heavy on him) If we create more one on ones and nice ball to feet attacks. Look at the way Real played against the best defence in Europe. That's what you get from creativity. Ronaldo was great but the midfield was brilliant.

Other then the Liverpool game early in the season, when it was completely warranted, they were feckin flying and tearing people apart on the counter, the tactics only went very negative for a tiny part of the season, when the team was basically on its knees.

That is also clear for anyone to see. Our problem for the vast, vast majority of the season was not creating, it was finishing.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

Do we want to keep Rooney .

I Know it was a glorified friendly but during Carrick testimonial he frustrated me . Crap first touch , misplaced passes . Jesus !

I slighty fond of him but have always found it tough to warm to him as a club legend

Do we want to keep Rooney?

Speaking for only me personally, no is the sort answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Id be more excited by Morata than Lukaku. It may not be logical to want him over Lukaku but I think Morata could end up being a Van Nistlerooy type signing for us. Banging in goals for fun.

I'm more and more in favour of buying smarter these days. The Pogba deal may ruin us as every club are trying to take us to the cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Morata and his season at Madrid...

15 goals and 5 assists in 1331 played in La Liga, a goal a game average.
    3 goals and 1 assist in 155 minutes of Champions League, a goal on average every 55 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Do we want to keep Rooney?

Speaking for only me personally, no is the sort answer.

For the money he's on we should be getting a lot more. Looks like he wants first team football so he'll probably move. No harm and free up those wages for somebody who merits the money.

His time has passed but he has had some fantastic times at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

RobertKK wrote: »
    Morata and his season at Madrid...

15 goals and 5 assists in 1331 played in La Liga, a goal a game average.
    3 goals and 1 assist in 155 minutes of Champions League, a goal on average every 55 minutes.

Madrid though is a world class team like we witnessed in the final. Could he do more for us on a limited(ish) supply here.
    Was'nt a fan of the lukaku rumor at the start but im really warming to it.
    We need to win the league first before we even think about CL finalist's and lukaku would be a solid option.
    Which would also ask the question why madrid would want to get rid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Mahrez to Arse
    Alexis to Bayern
    Douglas Costas to Man Utd
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I would have doubts about the games in which Morata is playing, the quality of opposition, the importance of his goals.

Has he been scoring near the end of blowout wins?

I'd say his 27 goals in 93 appearances for Juventus would be a better indication of his likely return for United.

I definitely don't see a £50m player there.

Its people saying that the better options are Lingard and Harrop that starts the world laughing.

Ok the best we can get is Riyad Mahrez. Jeez last week the narrative was "don't worry we have till 31st August" before that it was we were expecting Greizmann. Now we are to be excited for Mahrez! Yay.

When are the retained lists released? Are we even offering Zlatan a new deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Ok the best we can get is Riyad Mahrez. Jeez last week the narrative was "don't worry we have till 31st August" before that it was we were expecting Greizmann. Now we are to be excited for Mahrez! Yay.

Go on, quote somebody who said the best we can get is Mahrez. I'll wait.

Go on, quote somebody who said the best we can get is Mahrez. I'll wait.

Hold your breath aswell lad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/871979947883204608

Lukaku has told Sky he knows where he'll play next season.

• zerks wrote: »

Everton then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »

Well then queue sky bets to screw with the odds

Nothing article ,typical sky **** .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Di Marzio claiming Jose is in daily contact with Morata but no official bid made yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Belgians love a guessing game.

The media love making headlines out of absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

When are the retained lists released? Are we even offering Zlatan a new deal?

AFAIK it's up to zlatan to exercise the second year option not us

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Di Marzio claiming Jose is in daily contact with Morata but no official bid made yet.

I'd expect Jose is involved in all the transfers no matter what he has said in the press.
    It's easier to brush it off and say he has left it all to Ed,saves him somewhat from the constant questioning if he nips it in the bud straightaway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement