Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's funny how we getting excited over so many different types of players. I read most of the links and I'm thinking they are definitely not Jose type players and aubamyang would be one of put in that mould.

He is an excellent forward and super fast but he ain't a worker or a grafter in my opinion he is a total different forward then morata would be... but then morata is total different then lukaku would be and out of all the forward we been linked too lukaku is the most suited to what we woukd call a jose style forward.

I'd be excited over lukaku and is be equally excited over morata but aubamyang would not excite me so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's funny how we getting excited over so many different types of players. I read most of the links and I'm thinking they are definitely not Jose type players and aubamyang would be one of put in that mould.

He is an excellent forward and super fast but he ain't a worker or a grafter in my opinion he is a total different forward then morata would be... but then morata is total different then lukaku would be and out of all the forward we been linked too lukaku is the most suited to what we woukd call a jose style forward.

I'd be excited over lukaku and is be equally excited over morata but aubamyang would not excite me so much.

I still think United are looking for two forward players. One to replace Mata on the right side (was Greizmann imo) and then possibly a central striker to replace Ibrahimovic. So two different types of forwards being linked (and signed) makes sense to me. Two different roles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I still think United are looking for two forward players. One to replace Mata on the right side (was Greizmann imo) and then possibly a central striker to replace Ibrahimovic. So two different types of forwards being linked (and signed) makes sense to me. Two different roles

I think Mata on the right is fine cutting inside to let Valencia charge on. Its a left sided attacker imo hence Perisic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

pjohnson wrote: »
    I think Mata on the right is fine cutting inside to let Valencia charge on. Its a left sided attacker imo hence Perisic.

I think we were looking at Greizmann to provide more pace and directness from that position - which Mata isn't going to provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

ROUKY5.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Still my favourite gif when it comes to money

joker-money.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

JAYOP YOU LEGEND?!?!?!?!??!

THAT IS NOW MY NEW FAVOURITE GIF FOR FOOTBALL MONEY RELATED STUFF

• Advertisement

In all fairness though it's absolutely amazing how much money the club continue to make despite the current malaise. If revenue's were dropping significantly you'd be much more worried that we'd not be able to get out of this funk and get back to the top table.

While I'm not the biggest fan of the galactico policy, at the moment I don't really care what we spend so long as we get ourselves back to winning ways. You'd just hope the money is spent on players who actually want to be here and who are right for the manager.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Imagine how much money we'd have of we actually were any good :pac:

TheDoc wrote: »
    JAYOP YOU LEGEND?!?!?!?!??!

THAT IS NOW MY NEW FAVOURITE GIF FOR FOOTBALL MONEY RELATED STUFF

Mine was bigger too!! :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Imagine how much money we'd have of we actually were any good :pac:

It's amazing really.

Like if we were in the champions league and won the prem then you'd probably be able to add another hundred million to that.

Jayop wrote: »
    Mine was bigger too!! :)

giphy.gif

It's amazing really.

Like if we were in the champions league and won the prem then you'd probably be able to add another hundred million to that.

If we could get back to the top, Woody has made it that we'd be unstoppable financially. Just need to get back there first...

• Advertisement

If we could get back to the top, Woody has made it that we'd be unstoppable financially. Just need to get back there first...

I get the feeling that next season will be vital. Should we finish outside of the top 4 again then regardless of other trophies (bar the CL) then Jose will come under serious pressure. If we have to get another manager, then what, do we start squad building again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lol, that means that United could spend €540 million on transfers and stay within the FFP guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is believed by one of the big shareholders who is not a Glazer - Ron Baron, that United will have revenue over $1 billion and up to $450 million in free cash in the next 3 to 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That is some collosal income.As has been mentioned if United can get to winning EPL and doing well in CL the floodgates really would open.
    Makes it even more of a pity Jose wasn't given the job after SAF retired,I think he would have been a steadier hand.

Nainggolan knows how to get a bigger contract

" Manchester United's interest in me? I don't want to say anything on the matter. I don't want to say if it is true or not. I am not focused on my future at this moment in time, I am on my vacations. I want to relax a bit after a hard fought season"

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/unuted-nainggolan-manchester-united-s-interest-i-can-t-say-anyth-26106

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

" Manchester United's interest in me? I don't want to say anything on the matter. I don't want to say if it is true or not. I am not focused on my future at this moment in time, I am on my vacations. I want to relax a bit after a hard fought season"

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/unuted-nainggolan-manchester-united-s-interest-i-can-t-say-anyth-26106

How old is he? Biggest worry with the lifestyle he lives that he burns himself out at an early age!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh man I know it shouldn't but that has got me giddy inside :D

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

M!Ck^ wrote: »

We should buy Liverpool, shut them down and sell the land to Everton for £1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

pjohnson wrote: »

Rashford on the left imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Sorry I can't get excited about turnover numbers. For a couple of reasons;

1) There are no trophies awarded for how much money you can gouge from your fans (thankfully).

2) The club debt is waaaay bigger and actually increased this year.

3) The era of milking the brand to the max has coincided with total incompetence and disaster for the actual FOOTBALL part of Man Utd inc. (this season has seen an improvement but the team are still nowhere near the quality that existed before we became better at signing noodle sponsors than players)

Jardim leaving Monaco for China apparently.. no wonder the players all want to leave..

Korat wrote: »

1) There are no trophies awarded for how much money you can gouge from your fans (thankfully).

3) The era of milking the brand to the max has coincided with total incompetence and disaster for the actual FOOTBALL part of Man Utd inc. (this season has seen an improvement but the team are still nowhere near the quality that existed before we became better at signing noodle sponsors than players)

1) Most of the money is gouged from sponsors selling noodles in South Korea.
    2) Is it?
    3) The initial era of milking the brand actually coincided with our most successful period on our history. The fact the last few years have sucked doesn't mean you should forget that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It also coincided with the retirement of the greatest manager of all time.

That prolly has more to do with the onfield incompetence than noodles, brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

1. No money, one can't afford the best players.
    2. Debt is only relevant to the income, higher income means one can have higher debt if the money needs to be spent.
    3. The actual football has nothing to do with milking the brand. Fergie is responsible for recommending Moyes.
    Van Gaal was an improvement but the football was awful.
    Jose is whom should have been appointed after Fergie, but none of this is down to milking the brand.

The more money the club generates, the more one can dream about whom the club can sign.

astradave wrote: »
    Jardim leaving Monaco for China apparently.. no wonder the players all want to leave..

Jaysus, that's a real shame they are being absolutely mauled so quick after winning.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, that's a real shame they are being absolutely mauled so quick after winning.

Sure is, this was the next tweet after the one I had seen, that it could possibly be him using China to get a better deal, though can't see him staying around if they rip his squad to bits

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/872188140743786496

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

astradave wrote: »
    Sure is, this was the next tweet after the one I had seen, that it could possibly be him using China to get a better deal, though can't see him staying around if they rip his squad to bits

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/872188140743786496

Would falcao leave or he still on a great contract? Don't want to sign him again just curious if he would leave aswell

Hococop wrote: »
    Would falcao leave or he still on a great contract? Don't want to sign him again just curious if he would leave aswell

I thought I had seen recently that he had/was signing a new contract. I might be wrong though

Edit: contract until 2020 signed last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4564514/Monaco-captain-Radamel-Falcao-signs-new-deal.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Apparently we just had a bid for Morata rejected.

Real Madrid reject €60m (?52.4m) bid from Manchester United for Alvaro Morata, according to Sky in Italy.

They're looking 78 mill STG for him, madness.

Sky Italia.....

Put that at the very start of the post rather than the end in future please

Utter madness for Morata. My kingdom for Aubameyang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Utter madness for Morata. My kingdom for Aubameyang

Yup would rather him all day long

Sky Italia.....

Its being widely reported. Sky Italia is basically DiMarzio

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/872208604232916992

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/872209303935102977

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/872207786234400770

Sky Italia.....

Coming apparently from decent sources.

Real acting the bollix with that. He was meant to be a more cost effective option than others. If we are splashing 90m on a striker, there are better options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

90 million for Morata

Thats mad Ted

Coming apparently from decent sources.

Real acting the bollix with that. He was meant to be a more cost effective option than others. If we are splashing 90m on a striker, there are better options.

They are trying to start a bidding war and get Milan involved again id say.. hope we just say no, but i reckon that we could meet them in the middle for about 60-65M GBP

Not saying it's not true, but Sky Italia are the worst one of all the big media orgs. I'd believe a red top before them.

Not saying it's not true, but Sky Italia are the worst one of all the big media orgs. I'd believe a red top before them.

Not really, it depends on who in Sky Italia is reporting it, DiMarzio has great contacts throughout football and Fabrizio Romano works alongside him on his website and on Sky Italia.. You just have to know which ones to look at :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Can't wait to just buy someone. Morata would do nicely to start. Feel like they'll use all their tricks to drag De Gea into it though. It could rumble on for a while.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Can't wait to just buy someone. Morata would do nicely to start. Feel like they'll use all their tricks to drag De Gea into it though. It could rumble on for a while.

Dunno about that, they are supposed to be after Donnarumma now. There was also reports that Ramos and Zidane went to Florentino to ask him to keep NAvas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Bellotti would have been my least preferred of Griezmann, Lukaku, Morata and Mbappe but he's beginning to look like our only remaining option now.

Is there any other forward we're linked to? Who might be an "out of the blue" target?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Dunno about him tbh real don't sell hot property

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Hopefully they will get a deal done for Morata. Prob round 65m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is there any other forward we're linked to? Who might be an "out of the blue" target?

Danny Welbeck?

Bellotti would have been my least preferred of Griezmann, Lukaku, Morata and Mbappe but he's beginning to look like our only remaining option now.

Belotti would cost more than Morata even with Real holding out, Inter are looking at him now as well

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement