Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You may its a pointless statistic but alot of his goals comes when he starts games too or it looks by his detailed stats too that he has scored the deciding goal in a few one goal wins.

Screenshot_20170607-185832.png

Im not gonna say he is the best striker In the world or he is worth a world record fee but if united can get him for the right money he will score goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Embarrassing for liverpool

Great for utd fans :)

Hococop wrote: »
    Doubt it, Southampton fans will want to club not to sell

If I was a saints fan id want them to sell to one of pools rivals to sicken them haha. I don't think we are in the market for a world record fee for a center back. Ah Keane or lindleoff for half that money will do us it's one place where I'd say we need quality in numbers more so then superstar signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Sign Virgil just outta spite!
    He would be a good squad option.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

yabadabado wrote: »
    Sign Virgil just outta spite!
    He would be a good squad option.

He'd be more than a sqaud option, he's quality but obviously, it would have that added feel good factor getting him knowing how much Liverpool wanted him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hococop wrote: »
    Doubt it, Southampton fans will want to club not to sell

Maybe or maybe just not to Liverpool. I'd say Southampton view Liverpool the same way Dortmund view Munich these days.

Any decent player that comes along is taken by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm sure most if not all players are tapped up these days. Was surprised to see the story braking in this day and age to be honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

adox wrote: »
    I'm sure most if not all players are tapped up these days. Was surprised to see the story braking in this day and age to be honest.

I think it was to do with the media brief from Liverpool saying they were signing him, while Southampton had not agreed to anything and were looking for 60 million from city.

Would expect the same reporting if United made same mistake with a Prem League club. Tend to get away with more with foreign transfers.

He'd be more than a sqaud option, he's quality but obviously, it would have that added feel good factor getting him knowing how much Liverpool wanted him.

Woosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

adox wrote: »

I'd be shocked if bids are put in without some idea the player has an interest.

• Advertisement

I think the big difference in the pool story is that klopp flirted with him directly and this was seemingly the big persuasive factor in it.

Usually manager does not talk to the player they talk to the agent who talks to the player and that's hard to prove as tapping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think the big difference in the pool story is that klopp flirted with him directly and this was seemingly the big persuasive factor in it.

Usually manager does not talk to the player they talk to the agent who talks to the player and that's hard to prove as tapping up.

Fergie talked to tons of players, all managers do. Southampton got the hump because the press were reporting it as done (the local itk press not the national media morons) when they weren't close to accepting the bid. Surprised they made a big deal out of it but really the transfer activity itself is nothing out of the ordinary. Compared to what Barca do to Arsenal players or even what Real were doing re: DDG its nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Fergie talked to tons of players, all managers do. Southampton got the hump because the press were reporting it as done (the local itk press not the national media morons) when they weren't close to accepting the bid. Surprised they made a big deal out of it but really the transfer activity itself is nothing out of the ordinary. Compared to what Barca do to Arsenal players or even what Real were doing re: DDG its nothing.
    Liverpool having recently got banned from academy signings may have played here too - couldn't afford another guilty call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DrPhilG wrote: »

I thought that was made up **** but I see its from the Liverpool website and im laughing my hole off

amateur hour from Pool:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

There the club that just keeps on giving. Having a right chuckle now :pac:

Liverpool fans are taking solace in the fact that they actually won the race to sign him its just a pity for them he will end up somewhere else it's a bit like winning the league in October...... Nearly had him lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

lads I swear to god only for times with laughing at Liverpool the recession would have been a very dark place lol

thank you Liverpool you never fail to make me laugh

• Advertisement

Be all Southamptons fault next May when they dont win the league.

sure they would have had the league won in june had they signed him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Is it an English thing though? Players are routinely tapped up on the continent. Even their managers do it more openly than their UK counterparts. Hell I remember Ashley Cole saying he and his agent had dinner in a top London restaurants with Jose months before signing for Chelsea. No care in the world shown there by the manager.

Tapping up is done all the time, Greizmann was asked months ago and probably agreed verbally to the move until the transfer ban appeal rejection. No club is going to bid multiple millions for a player, get the bid accepted and only then find out the player himself has no interest in moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Listen Im 100% certain United have done the same and I actually feel bit sorry for Liverpool in a sense as I don't think they have done anything major wrong.

But its the imagine of them being such a lovely innocent butter would not melt in their mouth type club that I will giggle at.

Is it an English thing though? Players are routinely tapped up on the continent. Even their managers do it more openly than their UK counterparts. Hell I remember Ashley Cole saying he and his agent had dinner in a top London restaurants with Jose months before signing for Chelsea. No care in the world shown there by the manager.

Tapping up is done all the time, Greizmann was asked months ago and probably agreed verbally to the move until the transfer ban appeal rejection. No club is going to bid multiple millions for a player, get the bid accepted and only then find out the player himself has no interest in moving.

There was a huge deal made over that Cole / mourinho meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Look lads there's a reason the agents get the money. They broker the transfers. You can't talk (or at least caught talking) directly to the player which is apparently what they have done.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Look lads there's a reason the agents get the money. They broker the transfers. You can't talk (or at least caught talking) directly to the player which is apparently what they have done.

I dont care as long as we can laugh at them for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Suspended 3 point deduction and a fine wasn't it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its an FA law rather then a FIFA/UEFA from memory.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I don't think they have done anything major wrong.

They were stupid enough not to adhere to the well established forms and traditions and managed to get caught tapping up in an era where anyone can get away with tapping a player up. They deserve every bit of derision coming their way.

Ignore the Headline saying we are choosing Morata over Greizmann, its a decent read though

https://twitter.com/RobDawsonESPN/status/872413484989939712

• Advertisement

They were stupid enough not to adhere to the well established forms and traditions and managed to get caught tapping up in an era where anyone can get away with tapping a player up. They deserve every bit of derision coming their way.

This is why its absolutely hilarious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hilarious happenings elsewhere.

Absolutely hilarious.

For the fans that get annoyed with our sometime ineptitude in the transfer market just read about the shyt show at LFC towers.

Best transfer story of the summer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

I remember alright but the point I am making is it's much more accepted as normal transfer procedure on the continent whereas in England it's a big no-no. It's still done there, just not as open usually as what happened to VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Would absolutely love to go and sign Van Dijk now. He fits Mourinho's prototype of a CB perfectly, tall, strong, fast. He's a dominant defender and I think him and Bailly would be a great aggressive partnership. The fact that Liverpool made an utter balls is just the icing on the cake. I would be surprised if we weren't interested in him and were targeting someone like Michael Keane instead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wasn't there stories a few days back that Jose and Morata are in daily communications?

You'd think given the number of deals done between Pool and Southampton that they'd have a big red phone between them at this stage. That Klopp apparently decided to mess around with a club they have such a good relationship with is hilarious.

It's the best transfer news of the window so far .Absolute clowns.

It's the best transfer news of the window so far .Absolute clowns.

Keystone Klopps.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wasn't there stories a few days back that Jose and Morata are in daily communications?

You'd think given the number of deals done between Pool and Southampton that they'd have a big red phone between them at this stage. That Klopp apparently decided to mess around with a club they have such a good relationship with is hilarious.

As if Real are going to complain about one of their players being tapped up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Lord TSC wrote: »

It's a FA rule afaik, rather than FIFA/Uefa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

v3ttel wrote: »
    I would be surprised if we weren't interested in him and were targeting someone like Michael Keane instead.
    Ye probably convinced the board by singing about 'Keano' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nice header Morata

DM_7 wrote: »
    Nice header Morata

Wearing number 7 too :P

heres the goal for anyone who didn't see it

https://streamable.com/azsxi

astradave wrote: »

He wouldn't work for us.

We don't have anyone capable of actually crossing the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

and what will yer excuse be? :rolleyes:

Mr.H wrote: »

Wont need one :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

TOO many draws maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

We were still laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

We were concentrating on winning the Champions League instead :D:D

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

what a header lol maybe ill just shut my mouth about him not being prolific :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement