Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Ac milan bid 39m on belotti... at that price we should be bidding 5m higher and sign both morata and belotti

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

bangkok wrote: »
    Ac milan bid 39m on belotti... at that price we should be bidding 5m higher and sign both morata and belotti

That pounds or euro?

Rod Munch wrote: »
    He wouldn't work for us.

We don't have anyone capable of actually crossing the ball.

Blind mata herrera pogba young all excellent crossers and if perisic signs another great crosser of the ball

Hococop wrote: »
    That pounds or euro?

£££

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You can be sure it would be double that for United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The president of Torino actually said that he would only hold out for 100m if it was from a team outside of italy, he's another head case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

astradave wrote: »
    The president of Torino actually said that he would only hold out for 100m if it was from a team outside of italy, he's another head case

They seem to have a lot of them in Italy.proper headers .

some nice rumours floating.. seems pool stuttering to buy could help united according to Mediaset

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/872575686422269952

Morata and Nainggolan would be a nice start to the summer :D

Crazy Normally its the opposite way but probably knows more money outside of Italy, unless you are Munich who would get him for €40 million some how

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fellaini could be leaving United for Trabzonspor.

• Advertisement

If anyone bid near 50 for him they will sell. No way a club like torino could turn down that sort of money

RobertKK wrote: »

If Fellaini leaves we are buying 2 midfielders, would make the links to Nainggolan and Fabinho make more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Fellaini leaves, we riot lads

RobertKK wrote: »

6th in the Turkish league, he i better than that unless its a good pay cheque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

that's ****ing ludicrous.. so he will sell to a rival cheaper than sell to a foreign team? chap needs his head examined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I still wonder if Morata is our big signing now or do we still break the bank for someone else?

Id be much happier if we bought Morata and then a few similarly overpriced but not world record fee midfielders and wingers.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I still wonder if Morata is our big signing now or do we still break the bank for someone else?

Id be much happier if we bought Morata and then a few similarly overpriced but not world record fee midfielders and wingers.

I'd say that's exactly what is going to happen. I think Griezmann was going to be our main signing with a similar style player to Morata signed for less and then midfield, a cb and a winger upgraded.

I'll probably eat my words down the line but think athletico and griezman are making a big mistake not selling/going?

I know the transfer ban and admire his loyalty but do you think this is the best deal they are going to get for him? With us moving on only a handful of clubs could buy him and who knows how the new season could go for him? Athletico might not get a better deal or griezman might not get better wages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Looks like Costa is leaving Chelsea so that def means Lukaku will go there

xtal191 wrote: »
    Looks like Costa is leaving Chelsea so that def means Lukaku will go there

Probably off to China and Chelsea will make £50 million off him, they have all the luck selling the last few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I post
    Its an FA law rather then a FIFA/UEFA from memory.

Then

It's a FA rule afaik, rather than FIFA/Uefa.

Have I been Zerked??????? :confused::D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

some nice rumours floating.. seems pool stuttering to buy could help united according to Mediaset

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/872575686422269952

Morata and Nainggolan would be a nice start to the summer :D

I'd say that's why they turned their attention to Gelson Martins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Probably off to China and Chelsea will make ?50 million off him, they have all the luck selling the last few years

To be fair, at least Costa is actually worth that sort of money, unlike some of the other sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    To be fair, at least Costa is actually worth that sort of money, unlike some of the other sales.

Yeah he's am absolute fruit loop but he's still an excellent footballer on form.

Somewhat surprising to me that Conte seemed to give up on him so quickly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

From Marca

James, who impressed against La Roja, is widely expected to leave Real in the summer while Morata himself has been linked with the likes of Manchester United and AC Milan.

"He is a great player," Morata said of the Colombian to Tele 5."I am sure we will be partners next year

So Marca are running it as it looks likely the duo will be moving to the same club....

Morata also started following a tonne of United players on Instagram too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I thought he said a release clause exists for clubs outside Italy and he would have no choice if that was met. While he wouldn't sell to an Italian side at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Lord TSC wrote:
    Morata also started following a tonne of United players on Instagram too.

I saw that post on Reddit. People were saying they aren't recent follows, just some of his existing follows and that he follows hundreds of footballers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/872717410457051136
    On this day last year, we welcomed @EricBailly24 to #MUFC. It's not been a bad first season! ����

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I saw that post on Reddit. People were saying they aren't recent follows, just some of his existing follows and that he follows hundreds of footballers anyway.

It's instagram and that's his latest follows. Usually the latest follows will be at the top and all of this top ones are ManUtd players. Still it might mean nothing as he followed Chelsea players too before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Probably off to China and Chelsea will make £50 million off him, they have all the luck selling the last few years

Not likely with the new tax brought in. 100% tax on foreign players so if a player costs 50 mil you pay 50 mil in tax and that tax is to be put towards developing youth in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Not likely with the new tax brought in. 100% tax on foreign players so if a player costs 50 mil you pay 50 mil in tax and that tax is to be put towards developing youth in the country.

What a fantastic idea.

The Chinese, a great bunch of lads.

Yeah, wasn't quick enough to delete my post when I read further in :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The Atletico transfer ban has really ruined plans for transfers for a few clubs. Costa would have went back there now that Chelsea don't want him. Lukaku to Chelsea. Griezmann to us. Lacazette to Atletico.

lacazette this summer and griezeman next summer please

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    The Atletico transfer ban has really ruined plans for transfers for a few clubs. Costa would have went back there now that Chelsea don't want him. Lukaku to Chelsea. Griezmann to us. Lacazette to Atletico.

Costa wanted athletico but doubt they wanted him. They were already signing lacazette.

Lukaku is going to chelsea.

Griezmann is happy enough anyway at athletico.

Really only lacazette that has got messed about

Seeing as Diego Costa has been told by Chelsea to take a hike, Old Trafford reunion with Jos? perhaps?

Not that'd ever happen, but stranger things and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seeing as Diego Costa has been told by Chelsea to take a hike, Old Trafford reunion with Jos? perhaps?

Not that'd ever happen, but stranger things and what not.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club....vastly overrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

According to the Express, Rooney won't take a paycut to stay in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Re Costa to United...

It would be funny though.

You think how much stick we get now for Fellaini being a thug!

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Re Costa to United...

It would be funny though.

You think how much stick we get now for Fellaini being a thug!

It would skyrocket. Rojo, Fellaini, Diego Costa, all in the same team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It would skyrocket. Rojo, Fellaini, Diego Costa, all in the same team..

You forgot Herrera.

You forgot Herrera.
    love Herrera he looks like a pushover but he is hard as ****ing nails....

ANDER HERRERA :D

I have really grown to the idea of morata leading the line for us. Might be just what he needs to push onto the next level, a club that will give him plenty of game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think in an ideal world Mourinho would be getting Harry Kane in, he would be the perfect signing imo - but there is 0 chance of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

adox wrote: »
    I'm sure most if not all players are tapped up these days. Was surprised to see the story braking in this day and age to be honest.

Showed the utter incompetency of Liverpool to be honest, as you say, all transfers for about 6 years now are basically "tapping up"

I have really grown to the idea of morata leading the line for us. Might be just what he needs to push onto the next level, a club that will give him plenty of game time.
    I really hope so bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think in an ideal world Mourinho would be getting Harry Kane in, he would be the perfect signing imo - but there is 0 chance of that.

Only reading a piece this morning asking why we arn't testing Spurs resolve for Kane.

Obviously Levy a dick to deal with, but they are going to be tight for funds with the stadium rebuild. And wouldn't hurt to lay the groundwork now. £100m bid, make it public, and if Kane goes through another trophyless season.....

The fee for Morata, another Madrid cast off, is getting to the point it just makes sense to go massive on a Kane or Lukaku.

Wouldn't exactly be disappointed with Morata mind you, very good striker at a good age. He'll score plenty of goals for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Morata is an ideal player for a Jose side, he's just the type of striker that would thrive under him.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Only reading a piece this morning asking why we arn't testing Spurs resolve for Kane.

Obviously Levy a dick to deal with, but they are going to be tight for funds with the stadium rebuild. And wouldn't hurt to lay the groundwork now. £100m bid, make it public, and if Kane goes through another trophyless season.....

The fee for Morata, another Madrid cast off, is getting to the point it just makes sense to go massive on a Kane or Lukaku.

Wouldn't exactly be disappointed with Morata mind you, very good striker at a good age. He'll score plenty of goals for us

No chance of signing harry kane and lukaku is chelsea bound.

AC Milan are in talks with chelsea for diego costa. Milan trying to buy all the players

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement