Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

astradave wrote: »
    Ehm...

giphy.gif

Quoted for more Kenny Powers.

"The kind of money I'm going to be making, it would hurt your parents' feelings"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Such a stereotypical scouse thing to do by Rooney. Sit on his are and collect his money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

zerks wrote: »
    Such a stereotypical scouse thing to do by Rooney. Sit on his are and collect his money.

Ah here. Come on. Someone offers a contract and you get annoyed? Not like the club are showing much loyalty to him. He can do what he wants. He's one of the most recognised faces in world football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Keeping Rooney as 3rd choice striker makes sense if we are only signing an Ibra replacement. Shame he can barely move but his existence means we can rotate/rest the other two. God we are still declining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    Keeping Rooney as 3rd choice striker makes sense if we are only signing an Ibra replacement. Shame he can barely move but his existence means we can rotate/rest the other two. God we are still declining.

The problem is that any player on 250k a week should not be a third choice player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

How about we just not worry about it until the season starts lads. Talking about Rooney is possibly the most irritating thing in this thread and I bet everyone agrees with that no matter whether you love or hate him.

He'll be gone by September I guarantee you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

GSPfan wrote: »
    He'll be gone by September I guarantee you.

For sure, he even acted like this when leaving the pitch in his last game at OT and Carrick's testimonial. the chances are he will be giving a pay off though to speed up the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Liam O wrote: »
    Ah here. Come on. Someone offers a contract and you get annoyed? Not like the club are showing much loyalty to him. He can do what he wants. He's one of the most recognised faces in world football.

I thought the post was meant to be tongue in cheek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Have we been linked to Willian at all? Didn't feature much this season and seems to be out of favour with Conte. Was brilliant for Jose and one of the few that didn't down tools for him,so I'm sure they have a good relationship. Can actually cross a ball aswell which none of our wide players seem to be able to do. Would be a brilliant signing I think and surely could be got for 25-30 mill, seems like a no brainer for me. No idea why we don't seem to be in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Well you know my opinion. I honestly do think it would be a huge misstep, and I don't particularly want to be sitting here at christmas saying I told you so. The consequences of not addressing our finishing woes far outweigh any other issue in that squad, we can make do in other areas but like I said, further goalscoring problems will cause heads to roll.

I would certainly place two new strikers ahead of any defender or midfielder, we have 5 central defenders for example as opposed to currently having two unproven kids as our strike force.

You've zoned in on the forwards as the only problem.

Our finishing last season was woeful and all 10 outfield players were culpable Zlatan himself missed a tone of sitters.

As Mitch has said either Rashford or Martial are trusted or need to be sold.

I wouldn't get your hopes up as José loves Rashford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Have we been linked to Willian at all? Didn't feature much this season and seems to be out of favour with Conte. Was brilliant for Jose and one of the few that didn't down tools for him,so I'm sure they have a good relationship. Can actually cross a ball aswell which none of our wide players seem to be able to do. Would be a brilliant signing I think and surely could be got for 25-30 mill, seems like a no brainer for me. No idea why we don't seem to be in for him.

For a side struggling to score goals, signing Willian doesn't make sense. His goals and assists rate makes Welbeck look like RVN.

jayo26 wrote: »

Compilation of Pogbas shots that hit the bar he has been so unlucky.

A compilation of bad luck and poor finishing.

Hitting the post inside the 6 yard box isn't unlucky and you could probably put together a compilation of really poor misses one on one with the keeper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    For a side struggling to score goals, signing Willian doesn't make sense. His goals and assists rate makes Welbeck look like RVN.

Without checking I seem to remember him banging in quite a few in Joses last season. Think he would be an upgrade on what we have at the moment and would be attainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can't see us selling Willian with Hazard out for the start of the season and definitely not for £25-£30m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

beno619 wrote: »
    You've zoned in on the forwards as the only problem.
    And yet when I say we should be buying 7/8 first team players over the next few seasons people take issue with that as well!

I know forwards aren't the only problem, but they absolutely are the biggest problem and most important issue to properly resolve, closely followed by a dominant midfielder.
    As Mitch has said either Rashford or Martial are trusted or need to be sold.

Why do people keep coming back saying its either trust them or sell them? They are 19 and 21, whats wrong with "keep them and continue their development as squad players"?

And yet when I say we should be buying 7/8 first team players over the next few seasons people take issue with that as well!

I know forwards aren't the only problem, but they absolutely are the biggest problem and most important issue to properly resolve, closely followed by a dominant midfielder.

I think our poor finishing last season was more of an anomaly and conversely I think our conversion rate in LVG's last season was ridiculously high because we created sweet feck all. The player we have are capable of scoring goals. Id be of a similar mind to Mitch we need a Forward and a proper winger.

Why do people keep coming back saying its either trust them or sell them? They are 19 and 21, whats wrong with "keep them and continue their development as squad players"?

Fair enough. Its more about Martial, he needs to be given opportunities up front imo and take them of course.

Without checking I seem to remember him banging in quite a few in Joses last season. Think he would be an upgrade on what we have at the moment and would be attainable.

That's the problem.

He scored 5 league goals. Lingard scored 4 goals in league last season and he started only 19 games vs 32 for Willian.

For Chelsea he has scored 20 goals and 13 assists in 130 league games.

Compare that with Young, 11 goals and 19 assists in 118 league games and from last 3 seasons he is playing as fullback.

That's how poor Willian's end product is. His set pieces are great though and that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

William would cost 40m + and for that type of money there is far better options.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/873091639559901186

"Terms agreed for transfer of Lindelorf,he'll travel for United medical in next few days".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

With the way Jose's Chelsea career ended buying from them sounds like a bad idea.

I would also hate to see United solve problems for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yabadabado wrote: »
    William would cost 40m + and for that type of money there is far better options.

are there? Who are they? Peresic is being linked at that kind of money, is he better?

Prices have gone utterly insane - I can't work out 'value' anymore.

Willian was one of the players who seemed to still work for Jose, so i'd have no issues with him being brought in from a relationship point of view.

Sid Lowe,Morata wants Prem move over any other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sid Lowe,Morata wants Prem move over any other.

https://twitter.com/tsf_podcast/status/873088486189879296

Sounds like he wants to be a Chelsea player - could see them going for him along with Lukaku to be honest - if Costa goes they really need two striker signings, not just the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/873091639559901186

"Terms agreed for transfer of Lindelorf,he'll travel for United medical in next few days".

In total, we've signed Lindelof around 5 or 6 times for a combined €190 million. I have high expectations.

https://twitter.com/tsf_podcast/status/873088486189879296

Sounds like he wants to be a Chelsea player - could see them going for him along with Lukaku to be honest - if Costa goes they really need two striker signings, not just the one.

I haven't watched the video, why do you think he wants to be a Chelsea player? If Chelsea signs Lukaku then surely Morata wants to be somewhere else as the reason he is leaving is for game time? Same with Lukaku, he left Chelsea because he wanted to be first choice player, so signing both means surely both will be unhappy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Hopefully now the Morata deal actually gets done. I would be happy with him done and then give us some midfielders Jose. Fabinho and a surprise please.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Double signing announced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I always find the "agreed terms with player" stories to be a cop out.

Allows the source to "break" a big story, but one they can easily worm out of if the deal falls through as they can just say that the clubs couldn't agree.

The amount of players we've "agreed terms" with that have never joined us over the years is staggering.

I always find the "agreed terms with player" stories to be a cop out.

Allows the source to "break" a big story, but one they can easily worm out of if the deal falls through as they can just say that the clubs couldn't agree.

The amount of players we've "agreed terms" with that have never joined us over the years is staggering.

Tbf the player( thru his agent) would more than likely already have agreed terms with the club before a bid is even made. It's the way transfers go these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys. Gals.

It's Friday. The weather is decent. Get off the internet and get off the phones.

There's dancing to be done. There's money to be won. There's beers to be drank and golf balls to be sank.

We're not signing Lindelof or Morata.

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys. Gals.

It's Friday. The weather is decent. Get off the internet and get off the phones.

There's dancing to be done. There's money to be won. There's beers to be drank and golf balls to be sank.

We're not signing Lindelof or Morata.

I enjoy the fact you have expanded on the mythos of Futureguy with Lyrics

astradave wrote: »

Fake news.

Please see my earlier e-mail in relation to Morata. Thanking you kindly.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I enjoy the fact you have expanded on the mythos of Futureguy with Lyrics

If it's good for the Madonna, it's good for the Futureguy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

FutureGuy really comes into his element around this time of year.

God bless that man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Lyrics are worthy of a eurovision entry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sports editor of COPE saying we will be Morata's destination. Seems as if people find him very reliable, so officially on board the hype train now. Really haven't seen much of him, but I like what I see Real and Juvi fans saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sports editor of COPE saying we will be Morata's destination. Seems as if people find him very reliable, so officially on board the hype train now. Really haven't seen much of him, but I like what I see Real and Juvi fans saying.

Funnily enough I saw more of him playing for Juve than Madrid and he looked more impressive at Juve despite scoring less goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

BREAKING NEWS

Zlatan Ibrahimovic will not have his contract extended at Manchester United and will leave the club, according to the Premier League released list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

#9 ?????????
    #7 ?????????

Seeing Ibra in the United jersey for the first time was such a dream moment. I'm gutted his United career ended with a meaningless header like it did but will be grateful forever that we got that fleeting moment with him :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ibra appearing on the list does not mean he won't be back.

Delboy5 wrote: »

Can't see us doing £150m on two strikers tbh. If we got one, I would have thought a second striker would be a budget one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

#9 ?????????
    #7 ?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

#9 ?????????
    #7 ?????????

Martial can have his number 9 back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can't see us doing £150m on two strikers tbh. If we got one, I would have thought a second striker would be a budget one.

Both would surely want game time and Rashford, who Jose speaks highly of would be there too. Id say its either one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

adox wrote: »
    Funnily enough I saw more of him playing for Juve than Madrid and he looked more impressive at Juve despite scoring less goals.

Likewise - I remember watching the Juve - Madrid Champions league tie in 2015 where he scored in both legs and wondering why Madrid had sold him at the time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement