Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

pjohnson wrote: »

Indeed i would agree with that also.

If the club is indeed worth 2.86 billion how is spending 150mil on two players a big outlay ??? Its a tiny amount in relation to the vlaue of the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

If the club is indeed worth 2.86 billion how is spending 150mil on two players a big outlay ??? Its a tiny amount in relation to the vlaue of the business.

That's the value of the business however it's a huge chunk of the clubs annual turnover especially when you think we need to probably pick up another two players at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Again, the Forbes valuation means the square root of fcuk all really. People are acting like this means the club have 2.86 billion in the bank. It doesn't.

The "club being worth" 2.86 billion to the Glazers if they decide to sell does not mean the club magically have that amount of money to fling around on transfers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its not on two players, its on two strikers who'd both want to be leading the line. Unless we're switching to a two-striker formation, or playing one as a #10, it doesn't make sense to buy two elite priced strikers, when we could buy a top level striker and spend the other 70m on a winger/midfielder, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its not on two players, its on two strikers who'd both want to be leading the line. Unless we're switching to a two-striker formation, or playing one as a #10, it doesn't make sense to buy two elite priced strikers, when we could buy a top level striker and spend the other 70m on a winger/midfielder, etc.

And besides, its paying 80 million for 2 players in one position, which we never done. Sure we have never made so much for two players in the same window before

It just wouldnt make sense with out current system and historically for a Jose team.

So who has been released besides Ibra?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    And besides, its paying 80 million for 2 players in one position, which we never done. Sure we have never made so much for two players in the same window before

It just wouldnt make sense with out current system and historically for a Jose team.

Inter had Milito, Pandev and Eto'o.

I don't think signing both is likely but Morata, Belotti, Rashford wouldn't be a mad selection for a Jose side.

zorro2566 wrote: »

https://www.premierleague.com/news/414631

zorro2566 wrote: »

Just him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

zorro2566 wrote:

Nobody else released from united.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Wonder will Madrid drag this out if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh Hai Zerks *waves*

:D

Delboy5 wrote: »

So according to this we are looking to sign

Lindelof
    Fabinho
    Perisic
    Belotti
    Morata

So essentially everyone that we have been linked with the most..

PSG sporting director is supposedly meeting about Fabinho too. If we did get Fabinho he could cover both RB and DM to a high standard which would leave Darmian to be competition with Shaw on the Left..

DM_7 wrote: »
    Inter had Milito, Pandev and Eto'o.

I don't think signing both is likely but Morata, Belotti, Rashford wouldn't be a mad selection for a Jose side.

If we need a backup striker (and we do), it shouldn't be another €70m level player. A Hernandez level player, or an older one happy to be third choice, would be better imo.

• Advertisement

You can just imagine Ed on the phone to Jose,

"Hi Jose, I've sorted out the Morata signing, I got you a surprise too.."

ROUKY5.gif

If we need a backup striker (and we do), it shouldn't be another €70m level player. A Hernandez level player, or an older one happy to be third choice, would be better imo.

I was (transfer muppetry) speculating an inter type set up with Morata, Belotti and Rashford all playing, the three inter lads had Sneijder in the 10/third midfielder role.

Milito had 30 goals (Belotti), Eto'o 15 goals (Morata), Pandez 3 goals in half a season (Rashford).

Ballotelli 11 goals was back up (Martial).

Just transfer madness rather than an expectation though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

How reliable is that Miguel Delaney chap? Maybe I'm wrong but always thought he was proven bull****ter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Am I the only one who is a little worried about the prospect of signing Belotti for the figures quoted. I've not seen him play more than one or two games but looking at his history he appears to have one outstanding season. I think he's a huge risk for the figures quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Although I'm happy to see us being linked with strikers I really hope we sign that much needed DM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Thanks for the memories Zlatan. Class player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

bangkok wrote: »
    Thanks for the memories Zlatan. Class player

It's brilliant that he had such a great season with us. If we had Kane up front we would have been delighted if he scored the same tally as Zlatan.

I'd say he'll be remembered extremely fondly by the club.

Not bad for a 35 year old :)

• adox wrote: »
    Although I'm happy to see us being linked with strikers I really hope we sign that much needed DM.

This +1

Has to surely be the priority. We have to continue to build that midfield around Pogba

We keep getting linked with Fabinho so am very hopeful that one is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Lord TSC wrote:
    We keep getting linked with Fabinho so am very hopeful that one is true.

Honestly think he'd be perfect for us and would be the best signing we could possibly make at any position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Victor Lindelof playing against France tonight
    Live on sky sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Headshot wrote: »
    Victor Lindelof playing against France tonight
    Live on sky sports

We should see griezman score a few goals too and dedicate them to what could have been at united

Simon stone saying Zlatan will stay at united to complete his recovery and a contract is not being ruled out when he recovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

beno619 wrote: »
    You've zoned in on the forwards as the only problem.

Our finishing last season was woeful and all 10 outfield players were culpable Zlatan himself missed a tone of sitters.

I agree with this - if we have a hugely successful signing for striker, that player will just replace the goals scored by Zlatan. The challenge for next season is getting more goals from the rest of the attacking players that are left after Zlatan and Rooney depart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

There was a story going around last month united had offered Zlatan a new contract but he declined it because he was injured and couldn't play. Hopefully it will end up similar to alves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Regarding Bellotti:

Would we completely rule out signing him and playing him on the right? Rashford is a striker playing on the left so why not? Morata through the middle. Basically what we planned to do all along but with Belotti instead of Griezmann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GSPfan wrote: »
    Regarding Bellotti:

Would we completely rule out signing him and playing him on the right? Rashford is a striker playing on the left so why not? Morata through the middle. Basically what we planned to do all along but with Belotti instead of Griezmann.

Rashford started off as a winger in the youths he has the pace for it. Belotti isn't a winger he plays threw the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GSPfan wrote: »
    Regarding Bellotti:

Belotti is as pure a CF as they come. He'd be totally wasted on the wing. His best attribute is his aerial threat, he's decent at playing on the shoulder too but he lacks the pace or acceleration for the wing. He's no slouch though that said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pogba inches away from a great goal for France.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Pogba inches away from a great goal for France.

Story of his life :pac:

DiMarizo confirming we've had another offer for Perisic turned down, this time of €40m. Says Inter want €50m

Morata has also removed the fact he's a Real Madrid player from his Instagram page now too, so that looks like it's moving quick. Seems to be talk of a Monday medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/873271147432902658

At least 2 medicals pencilled in for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

All I want is one rumour to become fact.

Deschamps needs sacking, or at least needs to switch his system. Sweden score the winner with the last touch of the match..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

astradave wrote: »
    Deschamps needs sacking, or at least needs to switch his system. Sweden score the winner with the last touch of the match..

Not a bad last touch of the match :D

Feckin missed it,just left the room.

Lloris was shocking.. here it is in case anyone hasn't seen it.. amazing goal tbf

https://streamable.com/rxk9g

Sanchez seems to be headed to City according to Chilean journo.
    That's the one place I didn't want him to go.

https://twitter.com/matias_grez/status/873271791443214336

zerks wrote: »

Im still waiting for Woodword to finally finish preparing to finalise that bid that Chilevision said we were making for Vidal :D

City going to be playing 227 at this rate with last man back!

Stolen from Reddit

1) Fernando Solabarrieta isn't a reliable reporter, he is a clown.
    2) Even so, he didn't say anything on Twitter.
    3) Neither on TV.
    4) ferplei.com is a click-bait site, amateur and expert in inventing news just to get visites. I'm not saying that they aren't reliable, I'm saying that they aren't even a news site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm guessing around £45-50 million

Hococop wrote: »
    I'm guessing around £45-50 million

Im gonna guess at about 40m euro to Bayern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

astradave wrote: »
    Im gonna guess at about 40m euro to Bayern

whoever gets him will have the best buy of the summer transfers and for 40 or 50 mill the man is class.united should be going all out for him not morata who is only a madrid squad player..........

Stolen from Reddit

1) Fernando Solabarrieta isn't a reliable reporter, he is a clown.
    2) Even so, he didn't say anything on Twitter.
    3) Neither on TV.
    4) ferplei.com is a click-bait site, amateur and expert in inventing news just to get visites. I'm not saying that they aren't reliable, I'm saying that they aren't even a news site.

I suppose Chilean reporters had Vidal playing for us.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

bassy wrote: »
    whoever gets him will have the best buy of the summer transfers and for 40 or 50 mill the man is class.united should be going all out for him not morata who is only a madrid squad player..........

Should be going for both

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement