Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What do people think will happen to Pereira this season ?
    Another loan or will he be given a chance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sam platts burned down. Got a text from my cousin from over there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I'd hope we keep the 'Marquee siginings' to the commercial side of the business from now on.

Well done Ed Woodward if we're now the branded Bolivian National alpaca wool provider to the world. Leave the football side of the business to people who have experience of signing players rather than sponsorship deals can't you?

Jose apparently gave his shopping list in March.

Nothing happening again so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nalz wrote: »

Lot of people saying it's probably an insurance job on Reddit during the week.
    Burned down just as they closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I see no reason why we wouldnt sign both belotti and morata. We are losing zlatan and more than likely rooney. Replacing them with 2 young strikers makes 100% sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nalz wrote: »

Heard that the other night,it was due to be demolished anyway.

https://twitter.com/MARCAinENGLISH/status/873566457334034432

Zlatan off to LA Galaxy according to Marca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

:(:(

Thank you for the swagger and the trophies to match the talk.

If only we'd had him 4 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's surely a rumour. I thought he was adamant he wasn't going to MLS. He'd be eating a lot of humble pie if he was to go.

Anyway, I'm wearing my L.A Galaxy jersey today so I'd be happy seeing him go there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yabadabado wrote: »
    What do people think will happen to Pereira this season ?
    Another loan or will he be given a chance ?

Be good cover at CM to have and an ability to play on the right too. Would hope he's kept around as there were a lot of games where he could have been a useful squad option this season.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm wearing my L.A Galaxy jersey today so I'd be happy seeing him go there!

Do they make American jerseys that slim?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Korat wrote: »
    Do they make American jerseys that slim?;)

They do, believe it or not! :) Women's fit and the last jersey Adidas made that was actually a perfect size neck line. My favourite fitting jersey!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They do, believe it or not! :) Women's fit and the last jersey Adidas made that was actually a perfect size neck line. My favourite fitting jersey!

I've no idea, I'm guessing it's more figure hugging than the boys shirt. If you've got it flaunt it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Defensive midfielder is the #1 player we need. Can't compete with no proper protection for the defenders

Defensive midfielder is the #1 player we need. Can't compete with no proper protection for the defenders

I really disagree, the problem this season was not getting the ball into the net down the other end. Hence the million or so draws alongside the second fewest goals conceded in the league - fewer than Chelsea for example.

Proper protection in midfield will allow players more freedom to attack.
    A CF and DM are priorities this summer have to buy both .

If Micheal Keane is a possible re-signing, what about Danny Drinkwater?

Doesn't look so good without Kante though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Inter Milan are rumoured to have told ?ver Banega he can leave, would he be worth a punt for transfer.

Apparently Gary Medel is up for sale as well. Maybe one of these could be a reasonable purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

After CF a DM would be my next priority. A good quality DM will ideally offer decent protection to the centre halves and give Herrera a little bit more freedom too. Out of our midifield 3(if indeed that is Joses plan) I think we will see the best of Pogba if he is given the least defensive responsibilities of the 3 and more freedom to roam forward.

a good defensive midfielder makes those around him better. He gives the players in front of him more freedom and those behind him more confidence knowing there is an extra layer of defence. Look at the effect Kante has on that Chelsea centre half pairing. Even the quite average Gary Cahill looks a few levels better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wintear wrote: »
    Inter Milan are rumoured to have told ?ver Banega he can leave, would he be worth a punt for transfer.

Apparently Gary Medel is up for sale as well. Maybe one of these could be a reasonable purchase?

no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Some turnaround for Scotland

Well I spoke too soon

Cadena Ser saying Morata to go through for €70 million, James will go to PSG for the same fee and Zidane will use the money to bid for mBappe......again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Harry Kane injuries and all would be worth a gamble on ?75m stab in the dark figure. He is a great get out of jail type player who would have turned a lot of the draws into wins last season.

Who are Scotland playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Harry Kane injuries and all would be worth a gamble on ?75m stab in the dark figure. He is a great get out of jail type player who would have turned a lot of the draws into wins last season.
    You could double it and they'd still refuse.

Ahhh.. ITV+1 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You could double it and they'd still refuse.

You never know till you try, Spurs are a well oiled machine that will improve with their squad, Kane is a utility type player that could be the key component to fit in for us to become great again, he has great qualities that would only get better playing off Mata Mkhitaryan Rashford.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You never know till you try, Spurs are a well oiled machine that will improve with their squad, Kane is a utility type player that could be the key component to fit in for us to become great again, he has great qualities that would only get better playing off Mata Mkhitaryan Rashford.

Kane is...

Young
    Proven goal scorer
    Premier league rivals
    Spurs.
    Home grown

150m wouldn't even do it, and that's presuming he wants a move away from the club willing to build utterly around him. 75m would barely get you his leg.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Kane is...

Young
    Proven goal scorer
    Premier league rivals
    Spurs.
    Home grown

150m wouldn't even do it, and that's presuming he wants a move away from the club willing to build utterly around him. 75m would barely get you his leg.

Shur his leg is all we need

Said it the other day - if Mourinho could have his pick of strikers I think there is a very good chance he would pick Kane. Lewandowski is the only other player I can think of that would suit Mourinho's plans more, in terms of a striker.

I would say Lewandowski is a far better chance - I could see Spurs selling for 150 - maybe a little less, but if Monaco can reject 110+ for Mbappe, Spurs can reject big money for Kane.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Kane is...

Young
    Proven goal scorer
    Premier league rivals
    Spurs.
    Home grown

Fúck it buy both legs. :)

Offer 75 million to Spurs for Kane and I'd say they wouldn't stop laughing for week.
    If he was for sale tomorrow it would easily be a world record fee ,150m might not get him.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Offer 75 million to Spurs for Kane and I'd say they wouldn't stop laughing for week.
    If he was for sale tomorrow it would easily be a world record fee ,150m might not get him.

If those revenue figures mean anything to the Football club, apart from dividends to the Baldy Glazer clan, we should be able to offer too much for Spurs to turn down, while they've a new stadium to pay for.

• Advertisement

Korat wrote: »
    If those revenue figures mean anything to the Football club, apart from dividends to the Baldy Glazer clan, we should be able to offer too much for Spurs to turn down, while they've a new stadium to pay for.

large revenues but huge costs too - the United profits are healthy but not enough that we could bid such money just like that, at least not yet (there are predictions that United will be making hundreds of millions in profits within the next few years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Plus would Kane generate the huge, world wide revenues, of a Pogba etc ?

Tbh as good as Kane is would his fee be justified?
    All hypothetical but
    Let's say Morata joins for 70m and scores 20 goals next season is it worth paying 130/140m for Kane for an extra 10 goals ?

At some stage it's just not worth paying a fee for someone .
    I'd rather buy 2 or 3 players for that type of cash than on one player no matter how good they are.

If United got back into a position of winning titles and had a solid squad then going huge on one player every season or two wouldn't be a problem until then squad needs a lot of work.

https://twitter.com/sportbladet/status/873602745978298368

Lindelof will fly into Manchester for a medical after Sweden's game against Norway.

Duncan Castles also running with the Lindelof story.

One comment was "after seeing Smalling's performance today, Benfica want an extra £5 million". Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Off topic but how ya RobertKK :):):)

jayo26 wrote: »

AA Road watch update: Crossroads all around Wexford are expected to be blocked by lads dancing tonight. :)

Discodog wrote: »
    Plus would Kane generate the huge, world wide revenues, of a Pogba etc ?

at United - probably. Rooney has been one of the biggest most marketable players in the world and he looks like a potatoe and has feck all charisma on camera etc.

Star player at United - they'll clean up whoever they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

AA Road watch update: Crossroads all around Wexford are expected to be blocked by lads dancing tonight. :)

I am fine, it is like with United, Kilkenny won a lot, so one can be happy with that. The women have started winning in the absence of the men doing it.
    Kilkenny do remind me of United when their big game players retired. It is very hard to replace the very best.

Well done to the neighbours but nothing won yet. I hope we meet our real rivals to our west and beat them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ah my home from home.. can still remember 96 and the celebrations :D

RobertKK wrote: »
    I am fine, it is like with United, Kilkenny won a lot, so one can be happy with that. The women have started winning in the absence of the men doing it.
    Kilkenny do remind me of United when their big game players retired. It is very hard to replace the very best.

Well done to the neighbours but nothing won yet. I hope we meet our real rivals to our west and beat them...

Its our year :):):) we have it won now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Don't know much about this guy.

*Immediately opens youtube*

remember basically the same announcement made re. Ramsey.

Hopefully they will get the players agreement!

Jayop wrote: »

Love the first comment on the tweet asking them for a source.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement