Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Morata is one I feel is expensive but I fully trust Jose. If he's willing to place so much of his next season upon Morata's shoulders, so be it.

I reckon it will be a structured deal like Martial say probably 55m up front and the rest in add ons.. he really is a cracking player will suit Jose to the tee..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

There are some really nice things happening right now, we get Lindelof after all the months of speculation.
    Morata is use to playing at a high level, and is pushing for the move by all accounts so to play more before the world cup. I think he will be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    I reckon it will be a structured deal like Martial say probably 55m up front and the rest in add ons.. he really is a cracking player will suit Jose to the tee..

If Lukaku who's a lazy feck a lot of the time and a 35 yr old who "only came for a payday" can score 20+ in the EPL then Morata should thrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Morata should get plenty of goals .Look at the recent scoring charts in the EPL and some very ordinary players have gotten good returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Funny how when summer comes around we want to sign players its that are world class. Which of course is natural but i love it when jose throws a curler and gets someone like bailly and your kind of like 'who, havent heard of him before' turns into a diamond of a signing. Hope it goes the same way for lindelof, as before we were interested in him i have to say never heard of the guy. Just goes to show the manager knows what he's on about.
    Jose signings so far the last two seasons have been immense and is truly bringing back the dynasty to old trafford.
    Get the deals done early like he wants. Have the guys gel together in the summer and some need a decent rest like pogba as they've playing for nearly 2 years straight with the euro's.
    Already cant wait for the start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Seen Morata more than Lindelof but I'd be lying if I said I'd ever paid real close attention to either. Mourinho has an eye for a player and that has to be good enough. Still think we need another attacking player, we need to replace Zlatans 28 goals plus add even more goals from the supporting line and I think Morata is more of the latter.

I hope if Sanchez is on the move we make a massive offer, maybe he wants a Pep reunion but we need to be in the race because he is a league winner with the right team.

Anyone think some of the young lads might head out on loan next season,Tuanzebe, Harrop, TFM, Pereira
    Would be a nice bonus having them play more games in PL for more expiernce as they showed what they can do towards the end of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If we got
    Lindelof
    Morata
    DM e.g. Fabinho
    and Perisic/wide player
    (probably the guts of €200m)

I would be happy enough - especially if they were all in for pre-season.
    I do think ideally we need another midfielder for cover purposes (or perhaps one of the youngsters can step up) as I feel with an injury or two, or a suspension, we are a bit thin (e.g. if Pogba or Ander got a long term injury) but overall I think it would be a good enough transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If we can add Fabinho, Belotti and Perisic its certainly a succesful window

If we got
    Lindelof
    Morata
    DM e.g. Fabinho
    and Perisic/wide player
    (probably the guts of €200m)

I would be happy enough - especially if they were all in for pre-season.
    I do think ideally we need another midfielder for cover purposes (or perhaps one of the youngsters can step up) as I feel with an injury or two, or a suspension, we are a bit thin (e.g. if Pogba or Ander got a long term injury) but overall I think it would be a good enough transfer window.

Would be very good alright, Fabinho singing would be top class. If that all goes through and DDG stays we are in a real shot. Still very early days. Get Fabinho, keep DDG i'd be very happy.

• Advertisement

This fella reports for O Jogo in Portugal.

https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/status/873665452844740608

We should be OK for homegrown aswell quick glance at PL website a player must have been at the club for 3 years before they turn 21. Both of the Pereira's meet this criteria so can be used as seniors to meet our quota :)

Yeah I remember reading something that Pereira was going to be given a chance in the squad this year after impressing for Granada.. can't rem never where I read it though. I'd say Tuanzebe will get a loan spell and TFM will stay around for cover

Yeah I remember reading something that Pereira was going to be given a chance in the squad this year after impressing for Granada.. can't rem never where I read it though. I'd say Tuanzebe will get a loan spell and TFM will stay around for cover

On manutd.com there was a piece on him. He played 37 times on loan over there so we either give him his chance or sell him while his value is at its peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I wonder if CBJ will go out on loan again? Hopefully more successful than Wolves :(
    At least Pereira got decent game time at Granada so it seemed to work out well enough.

• Really is a top CB pairing now. Exciting times.

DM next Woody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Really is a top CB pairing now. Exciting times.

DM next Woody

Fabinho would be amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Really is a top CB pairing now. Exciting times.

DM next Woody

well we wont know until they play together. could even go 3 at the back

de gea

lindelof
    bailly
    rojo

valencia
    shaw

herrera----pogba

Mkhitarayan

Rashford
    Morata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Best news we've had lately is big Dave seems to be confirmed as staying. So lucky to have this fella between the sticks. Immense keeper and a sound fella by all accounts to boot. Glad he's bought into the Mourinho dream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

astradave wrote:
    This fella reports for O Jogo in Portugal.

Fabinho would be a sensational signing. Honestly think we'd look back at a 40/50m deal as an absolute bargain in a year's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Fabinho would be a sensational signing. Honestly think we'd look back at a 40/50m deal as an absolute bargain in a year's time.

He looks a class act no doubt. Looking like Mourinho will get some decent business done this summer and shore up the weaknesses of the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

jose will be the first manager since sir alex to land the title back home :) that ive no doubt about,even when sir alex was still in charge i told everyone mourhino is the only man to replace sir alex,but the all laughed and said i was nuts.then when moyes got it i was like wtf is this club doing and sir alex pressing self destruct button on a club he loves.suppose didnt want instant success after him retiring the ego and all that.lot of opinions on that score.

then we got botox face van gaal ah no whats this club doing???????????,i could run mufc on who to hire to manage them and as i said JOSE MOURHINO only man to sit in the godfathers seat and continue the success :) how right i was in the end after the first 2 imbecilles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bassy wrote: »
    jose will be the first manager since sir alex to land the title back home :) that ive no doubt about,even when sir alex was still in charge i told everyone mourhino is the only man to replace sir alex,but the all laughed and said i was nuts.then when moyes got it i was like wtf is this club doing and sir alex pressing self destruct button on a club he loves.suppose didnt want instant success after him retiring the ego and all that.lot of opinions on that score.

then we got botox face van gaal ah no whats this club doing???????????,i could run mufc on who to hire to manage them and as i said JOSE MOURHINO only man to sit in the godfathers seat and continue the success :) how right i was in the end after the first 2 imbecilles.

Wtf did i just read?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Back 4 of

Valencia - Bailly - Lindelof - Rojo

Then

Fabihno
    Herrera-Pogba

Mkh--Perisic/Rashford
    Morata

Ill take that

Exciting times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Veratti wants to leave PSG,he'd be a top midfield signing but I'm afraid he'll probably be wearing a Barca shirt next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

zerks wrote: »
    Veratti wants to leave PSG,he'd be a top midfield signing but I'm afraid he'll probably be wearing a Barca shirt next season.

Was linked to Chelsea as well about a month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

zerks wrote: »

Grand, they can have him seeing as how they aren't getting Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Was linked to Chelsea as well about a month ago

A quick Google and he's been linked to a couple of Italian clubs, Barca and Real aswell in the last 24 hours.

His agent seems to be stirring it, he's brilliant though and would be an exceptional signing. I thought I read something last year were he said he loved Paris and wanted to end his career there.

bangkok wrote: »
    Wtf did i just read?!

jose jose jose mourhinoooooooooooooooooooooooooo domination is back at mufc

DrPhilG wrote: »

I'm sorry but Veratti is an instant upgrade on Herrera

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but Veratti is an instant upgrade on Herrera

big time fella,veratti is a work horse and jose loves a player that puts in a longggg shift

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Cotts72

DDG

Valencia Lindelof Bailly Shaw

Fabinho

Herrerra Pogba

Mkhitaryian Perisic

Morata
    Already excited about next season, hopefully the above team is how we will line up in august.The transfer muppet in me still hopes Renato Sanches (Loan?) and Belotti might be added. would love an old school two up top strikeforce like the days of yorke and cole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

people suggesting ever banega and gary medel, no offence at all here but would ye ever stop with that ****e, we arent getting harry kane either, dreams and reality gif comes to mind there.

sanchezzzzzzzzzzzzz go all out,who ever gets him are getting quite a catch and looks like the wiley old kaiser will have him for a snap up bargain of 40 oddish euros.unless city do what ubited are not doing or go to do and thats put in a mega offer for a proven class act.but we are united 70 mill for a madrid squad player madness and if he becomes world class the will have him back from united.........................

mewe wrote: »
    Best news we've had lately is big Dave seems to be confirmed as staying. So lucky to have this fella between the sticks. Immense keeper and a sound fella by all accounts to boot. Glad he's bought into the Mourinho dream.

A signing in itself when we thought he was gone this summer

DrPhilG wrote: »

Jose coming out saying herarra is unsignable says alot

AidoEirE wrote: »
    A signing in itself when we thought he was gone this summer

aye and the nuts at united almost sold him for 30 mill was it last summer to madrid,united are asleep the need to take a leaf out of daniel levys book ar spurs aka you want him how bad you want him pay the massive record breaking fee and then come back to us.

big time fella,veratti is a work horse and jose loves a player that puts in a longggg shift

True veratti is above herrara, my only counter is herrara has always dreamed for playing for this badge and gives 100% at every job he is givin. Would verraiti do the same for a pay check...im not sure

how much do united fans think the kaiser at bayern would want for neur?,why dont madrid try that one ;)

True veratti is above herrara, my only counter is herrara has always dreamed for playing for this badge and gives 100% at every job he is givin. Would verraiti do the same for a pay check...im not sure

very few are interested in the badge or history,what does the grease monkey costa know about chelsea ehh as abba would say money money moneyyyyyy its all a business now from the agents to the players to the clubs etc etc

• Advertisement

very few are interested in the badge or history,what does the grease monkey costa know about chelsea ehh as abba would say money money moneyyyyyy its all a business now from the agents to the players to the clubs etc etc

Got the first line...lost me after that. Theres an interview with herrera and when he met us first at the CL with bilboa and he said when he walked into old trafford with bilboa that he we wants to play here.
    I cant find it but some1 here will help me out

football has become boring and very at that,predict next season simple usual top 4 in england spain germany etc etc champs lge winners is bayern real or barca all boring man.........................................................................

26 yrs of champs league england have had 4 of them nuff said

Got the first line...lost me after that. Theres an interview with herrera and when he met us first at the CL with bilboa and he said when he walked into old trafford with bilboa that he we wants to play here.
    I cant find it but some1 here will help me out

goodman

goodman

Barca are a ageing team which needs a overhaul, bayern got slaughtered by real and have two of their best retiring
    Real won it over juve...

Goodman...

Barca are a ageing team which needs a overhaul, bayern got slaughtered by real and have two of their best retiring
    Real won it over juve...

Goodman...

aging barca would beat englands finest yet again,why who may i ask do you prescribe to being in the champs lge final or last 4 next season.

aging barca would beat englands finest yet again,why who may i ask do you prescribe to being in the champs lge final or last 4 next season.

English finest..how'd do you mean?

good nite..................................................................................

not worth the debate in his current state id imagine haha

Cotts72 wrote: »
    not worth the debate in his current state id imagine haha

should u not be studying

• Advertisement

should u not be studying