Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

How much do people think we'd get for Smalling or Jones? I reckon we should be almost getting back the fee for Lindelof.

Smalling especially should get over £30m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How much do people think we'd get for Smalling or Jones? I reckon we should be almost getting back the fee for Lindelof.

Smalling especially should get over £30m.

Id be surprised if we got that for Smalling £25mill max Id say, Jones less again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Max you'll get for either is £20 million, 15 even.

Neither will move abroad, neither will be wanted by teams above us, neither are first choice anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I don't know despite our doubts about him Smalling would be a great signing for 14 teams in the PL and he's entering his prime. He is coming off a stop-start campaign but I think £30m for five years would be good value for most clubs in the current market.

£15m would be ridiculous I think and would make us look very weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Cotts72

he'd be a good signing for a team like Everton to replace Jagielka, its a shame he never kicked on to his full potential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Official fee is 35 Million Euros plus 10 Million in bonuses.

https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/873648049834405889

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Back 4 of

Valencia - Bailly - Lindelof - Rojo

Rojo might have come on a lot at CB last year, but hes a disaster at LB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If this is true it's a bargain.. it says Fabinho is new Manchester United player for €45m

https://twitter.com/fichajegoleador/status/873696991842271232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

astradave wrote: »
    If this is true it's a bargain.. it says Fabinho is new Manchester United player for €45m

https://twitter.com/fichajegoleador/status/873696991842271232

If that's the case then it's good prices paid for him and Lindelof, so paying a bit extra to get Morata isn't as bad.
    Still around €100/250m left for Jose to play with.

Next important job is to get DeGea on a new contract to protect his value in case Madrid come sniffing next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What's the source like? They look amateurish with the amount of emojis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If Lindelof, Morata and Fabinho all sign on the same day, Ed can just announce them, drop the mic and walk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I just put him there as inevitable Shaw will get injured and he will be the cover for left back

Unearthly wrote: »
    What's the source like? They look amateurish with the amount of emojis

They are South American so no doubt they are hit and miss.. just hopefully they are hit in this case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Great that we signed a center back and possibly signing a dm and a striker but the key signing for me would be to get Ander signed up to a long term contract.

Dosnt he only have 12 months left on his current deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wouldn't have him quite at disaster stage but imo it was always obvious he was a very good CB. His crossing wasn't that bad as everyone in the box for United is useless at getting to headers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

bangkok wrote: »
    well we wont know until they play together. could even go 3 at the back

de gea

lindelof
    bailly
    rojo

valencia
    shaw

herrera----pogba

Mkhitarayan

Rashford
    Morata
    I also think thats the way he should be going if he doesn't get in a Sanchez / Bale / Grizeman type player. Wouldn't be convinced on Peresic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They are South American so no doubt they are hit and miss.. just hopefully they are hit in this case :D

No blue tick dave im disappointed in you :)

Why would Monaco sell so cheap they don't need the money and he is under contract they have already lost silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Because British and Irish media never speculate? Mind the aul racism there Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reports that Juve are in talks with Bayern over signing Douglas Costa for €30 million. Juve really are good at hoovering up talent for decent and bargain fees.
    We should be trying for him at that price.

jayo26 wrote: »

Why would Monaco sell so cheap they don't need the money and he is under contract they have already lost silva.

Here's one with a blue tick for ya :D

https://twitter.com/ianherbs/status/873820043800399877

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »

Actually, the Silva deal is one of the reasons I think it could be true (in terms of price), and the rumours were Bakayoko is moving for €40m too. That seems to be their basic price point for some reason. Maybe there's release clauses or something?

Will it be difficult to give Rooney away given what he'd look for in wages?

After a move his wages shud be less than he's on now but I guess they would still be relatively substantial.

Will it be difficult to give Rooney away given what he'd look for in wages?

After a move his wages shud be less than he's on now but I guess they would still be relatively substantial.

It was reported the other day that he wants the same wages he's on at United if he moves.No wonder he said he'd consider staying,become 5th choice and collect a fortune every week goes against what everyone says about him "wanting to play all the time".
    Taking a pay cut would hardly put him in the poorhouse.

https://twitter.com/writtenoff_mufc/status/873815650086662144

"From the Times: United agree deal for Lindelof but still waiting to finalise Morata deal. Belotti and Perisic remain targets, Barkley may be."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I wish the Barkley links would go away,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

zerks wrote: »
    It was reported the other day that he wants the same wages he's on at United if he moves.No wonder he said he'd consider staying,become 5th choice and collect a fortune every week goes against what everyone says about him "wanting to play all the time".

There was talk of waiving a transfer fee (in effect subsidising his wages), or even directly subsidising his wages for the last year of his contract by £50k per week - I think this would be a good option if the alternative is him staying as I think a clean break is for the best, so Mourinho's new team can move on in a new direction.

I'm not future guy so we are not signing Barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Yep, I agree here. Really don't want Barkley, he looks class from time to time but for every game he plays well there is another one where he is anonymous.

Davies on the other hand looks like a very very good player, and only 18. He's one for the future, I thought he was seriously impressive last season for such a young player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

When do Sweden and Spain finish their internationals? I'd imagine it'll be the day after that Lindelöf and Morata have medicals with unveiling the next day.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    When do Sweden and Spain finish their internationals? I'd imagine it'll be the day after that Lindelöf and Morata have medicals with unveiling the next day.

Tuesday AFAIK.
    Swedish press said Lindelof will be in Manchester after the Norway game.

pjohnson wrote: »

Spain tonight and Lindelof on Tuesday I think. Think Sweden are playing Norway on Tuesday

You'd think the biggest motivation for him to move would be to get in the England squad for the WC. His form would obviously have to dramatically improve for that to happen and he'd have to be at a club where he'd get regular football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

https://twitter.com/writtenoff_mufc/status/873815650086662144

"From the Times: United agree deal for Lindelof but still waiting to finalise Morata deal. Belotti and Perisic remain targets, Barkley may be."

Belloti would change everything, two real forwards with no doubt about their best position would be a great way to go into the season.

Perisic seems like a Griezmann back up option and a smart one with his pace.

Barkley makes sense in the way Keane did. Adds to English numbers and can be a good squad player if not more. Would be a good replacement for Rooney anyway.

He is much better than the likes of Sinclair, Delph or Ings who got good moves thanks to the fact they are English. Some players can only fulfill potential by playing under real pressure every week, he could be one of those.

I think a club like United should take a chance on him. He might just see out his contract to increase his chances of a big move.

You'd think the biggest motivation for him to move would be to get in the England squad for the WC. His form would obviously have to dramatically improve for that to happen and he'd have to be at a club where he'd get regular football.

I think the penny dropped that he can't do it at a top level anymore and he's looking to stockpiling as much cash as possible for his future. Only a move to China would guarantee that, we'd probably only get a nominal fee from that transfer due to the new rules over there putting a stop to crazy prices being paid by Chinese clubs.

Decent article on Rooney here.

https://t.co/rpduiZxWWW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Great that we signed a center back and possibly signing a dm and a striker but the key signing for me would be to get Ander signed up to a long term contract.

Dosnt he only have 12 months left on his current deal?

I believe the club has an option to extend for a further year, so there's probably no urgency here for another few months at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I know rooney has earned a pile and what not but not many players would pass up on a contract worth that much. The problem is no one else can or should be even offering him close to half of what he is earning with us and the only place that will is China and I don't blame him for that either.

I've seen little of Lindelof and Morata, and only slightly more of Fabinho.

If we're signing these, should I be excited?

I'm finally onto the 5th and final stage of Griez, acceptance, so I think I'm ready for some new signings.

Morata just liked this on instagram

https://instagram.com/p/BVMETXlhfZe/

Paraphrasing the caption as I can't remember :D"Morata is set to Join Manchester United and has told bale to join him and make the United squad better"

Decent article on Rooney here.

https://t.co/rpduiZxWWW

Hi Zerks :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

DM_7 wrote: »
    Belloti would change everything, two real forwards with no doubt about their best position would be a great way to go into the season.

Perisic seems like a Griezmann back up option and a smart one with his pace.

Barkley makes sense in the way Keane did. Adds to English numbers and can be a good squad player if not more. Would be a good replacement for Rooney anyway.

He is much better than the likes of Sinclair, Delph or Ings who got good moves thanks to the fact they are English. Some players can only fulfill potential by playing under real pressure every week, he could be one of those.

I think a club like United should take a chance on him. He might just see out his contract to increase his chances of a big move.

United are actualy OK for Homegrown rule.

This year we have to add Shaw (HG) and Martial since they are now over 21. Andreas Pereira is also HG (Joel is still a year too young to be registered). But we will probably register Johnstone again as 3rd Goalkeeper or if he leaves O'Hara. We should be promoting two Homegrowns into our squad next year anyway. And considering we registered El-Fitouri as a foreign player Martial can just take his spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

stankratz wrote: »
    I've seen little of Lindelof and Morata, and only slightly more of Fabinho.

If we're signing these, should I be excited?

I'm finally onto the 5th and final stage of Griez, acceptance, so I think I'm ready for some new signings.

Fabinho and morata yes, quality players added to the squad. Havent seen much of lindelof but he was being compared to ferdinand so thats a great compliment. He can play right back as well and fabinho can play there as well along with defensive midfield

Very glad we didn't get Otamendi now.. he fractured Gabriel Jesus jaw in a friendly by elbowing him in the 91st min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Very glad we didn't get Otamendi now.. he fractured Gabriel Jesus jaw in a friendly by elbowing him in the 91st min

Mangala too, both were touted for us before they went to City.

Both dodgy as fook anytime I've seen them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Yea but pity we didnt get sane and jesus. Both class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Some difference in our transfer dealings since Jose took over. Seems to be very little messing around and with the exception of Griezmann we look on target to get all our first choice players. Of course its early days yet but that seems to be the way it's going.

When you look at other clubs scratching around being linked with the likes of Tadic it's a great place to be in. Money and a great manager are a powerful combination.

That Tancredi fella says we have contacted Torino over Bellotti.
    He's also saying we have put a €15 million value on Darmian.

With this lad reporting it,we will wait and see.

Wow. That's some craic between team mates.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/10/gabriel-jesus-brazil-broken-eye-socket-manchester-city

Broken eye socket actually. That'd be him out for a while. Big loss to city if he misses the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hey lads I don't tend to read anything about football over the summer months but just saw the Ibra is being released. Has there been any mention why? I was sure I had read he signed a 1 year extension earlier this year.

Just that when I break my 9 yr olds heart in a while I want to be able to tell him why

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement