Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

jayo26 wrote: »
    Out of them id agree on lacazette he is a top class player and doing it every year I also think he is athletic bound next season.

Again I don't think Lukaku is an option and he will be a world record without a doubt.

Aubamyang is an odd one for me i really don't think he would suit united the way jose plays he scores goals but he is not a workhorse type forward he uses his speed getting in behind.

I think Diego Costa goes back to Atetico after the whole ordeal this season, and Lacazette scored his 100th in his final game for Lyon, he's definitely leaving this season.

Jose all season last season cried out for a finisher like Chicharito, someone who can put the ball in the net, thats Auba all over, we have creative attacking midfielders/wingers with so much speed similar to Dortmund and a striker like him would finish it all off. Though I agree he isn't as creative as Morata, but **** creativity, we wasted so many chances last season due to lacking of finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I think Diego Costa goes back to Atetico after the whole ordeal this season, and Lacazette scored his 100th in his final game for Lyon, he's definitely leaving this season.

Jose all season last season cried out for a finisher like Chicharito, someone who can put the ball in the net, thats Auba all over, we have creative attacking midfielders/wingers with so much speed similar to Dortmund and a striker like him would finish it all off. Though I agree he isn't as creative as Morata, but **** creativity, we wasted so many chances last season due to lacking of finishing.

Neither Chicharito nor Aubameyang are Jose type centre forwards and certainly chicharito needs another c.f. beside him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Robson99 wrote: »
    Neither Chicharito nor Aubameyang are Jose type centre forwards and certainly chicharito needs another c.f. beside him

Agree and I'd also argue that Lukaku isn't either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »
    Agree and I'd also argue that Lukaku isn't either.

Lukaku doesn't have the control or hold up play close to what Jose looks for in a Striker. Lethal finisher though.

cue us signing Lukaku now :D

I don't want Chicho back, I'm saying what Mourinho said.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Apr/jose-mourinho-says-javier-hernandez-would-score-20-goals-in-current-united-team.aspx?AL

"We have some players that are not really in love with the ball, you know," said the boss. "They are good players and they are creative players. They can create but, naturally, they are not the kind of guy that is a killer.

"I give you a simple example: in the way we play at Old Trafford, in the way we dominate opponents, in the way we play in their box, I think Chicharito would have 20 goals easily, even coming from the bench for the last 10 or 20 minutes. He?d have 20 goals.

"He?s a guy that, naturally, when the ball rebounds here or there, boom, goal. The goalkeeper saves, he goes there - tap-in, goal. A cross is coming, he anticipates at the first [near] post - header, goal. And not even coming from the bench, we have this kind of player that scores 10 or 15 goals and gives you 10 or 15 more points. We play well most of the time - not always, obviously - we create but don?t score enough goals for the way we play."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You have to admit, it's strange to say he is not a Jose type forward when Jose himself keeps saying that he likes him and would never have sold him.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/875114395357020160
    Agreement with United and Morata, not yet with Madrid.

Think they'll be discussing tomorrow the fee

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/875115170586128385

https://twitter.com/thcoast/status/875108813300539392

Just about getting the negotiating the fee fully now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Morata to be announced next Monday or Tuesday then.

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Well he is getting married on Friday so it would have to be announced pending medical. he is getting married in Venice and he is apparently already over there so unless we fly him in tomorrow early to do all the promo work i can't see it being announced properly for a while, unless he does the medical & promo/marketing/signing before heading on his honeymoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lets hope Madrid don't hold a grudge over De Gea and the fax machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

All the morning papers are running with that timeframe for the deal to be done and announced.
    They are also saying it's either Matic or Dier with Fabinho as a backup option if the other deals can't be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You're using the stats only for minutes played in the league, my goals stat was in all competitions.

In the league he scored 15 goals in 2764 minutes. 1 goal per 184.27 minutes.
    2014/15: 1319 minutes, 8 goals
    2015/16: 1455minutes, 7 goals

You can see more detailed statistics here:
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/alvaro-morata/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/128223/saison//verein/0/liga/0/wettbewerb//pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1

You shouldn't ignore assists. In 27 starts or 2764 mins, he scored 15 goals and 12 assists. So that's 102 mins per Goal+Assist, which is excellent record especially for a young player who wasn't regular starter.

Because I'm responding back to what was said to me.

Lacazette, Costa, Lukaku, Aubemeyang

Lacazette is very good player and contributes a lot to the attack, but since we are going about stats,

2016-17: 27 goals + 3 assists. He scored 10 penalties, so 17 non penalty goals + 3 assists in 2367 mins. - 118 mins per Goals+Assist
    2015-16: 19 Non penalty goals + 3 assists in 2956 mins - 134 mins per G+A
    2014-15: 19 non penalty goals + 6 assists in 2843 mins - 113 mins per G+A.

Costa - I wouldn't even bother with that

Lukaku - (considering only non penalty goals)
    2016-17: 108 mins per G+A
    2015-16: 137 mins per G+A
    2014-15: 220 mins per G+A

Aubameyang - (considering only non penalty goals)
    2016-17: 89 mins per G+A
    2015-16: 91 mins per G+A
    2014-15: 135 mins per G+A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

zerks wrote: »
    All the morning papers are running with that timeframe for the deal to be done and announced.
    They are also saying it's either Matic or Dier with Fabinho as a backup option if the other deals can't be done.

Id have Fabinho over Matic or Dier all day long.. Fabinho has so much more to his game than the other 2.. The only thing they have on Fabinho is that they have played in The Premier league..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

ziggyman17 wrote:
    Id have Fabinho over Matic or Dier all day long.. Fabinho has so much more to his game than the other 2.. The only thing they have on Fabinho is that they have played in The Premier league..

This also makes the latter two much less risky signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

sigmundv wrote: »

Like Torres was for Chelsea..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

sigmundv wrote: »

By that logic you would never buy outside the Premier League.

With Matic I think that Jose knows his game inside out and would trust him to hit the ground running.. I think Dier is only linked cause he is English.

imo it's between Matic and Fabinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't think Dier or Matic has shown themselvest= to be any better than Schneiderlin (whom I think should have been given far more of a chance).

I think Fabinho, the little I have seen of him, looks a more dynamic player than the lot of them.

http://www.football365.com/news/benfica-forward-talks-united-move-says-jose-loves-him

Anderson Talisca saying discussion is ongoing about a possible move to United.

“I can’t talk about Manchester United. It’s not just up to me,” he told Globosport

“It’s up to Benfica, my representatives, who are dealing with the situation. Soon, they’ll have news.

“I’ve had a good season, and Mourinho has a love (for me) that exists, I will not lie.

“It’s a dream, something that all players want. As I said, his love is old and I like his work.

“He’s a great coach and I hope everything works out.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lets hope Madrid don't hold a grudge over De Gea and the fax machine.

They owe us for Di Maria tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lads we have 8 pre season games this year. Surely that's too many? Looks like a nuts schedule.

15 July: v LA Galaxy in California, USA

17 July: v Real Salt Lake in Utah, USA

20 July: v Man City in Texas, USA

23 July: v Real Madrid in California, USA

26 July: v Barcelona in Maryland, USA

30 July: v Valerenga in Oslo, Norway

2 August: v Sampdoria in Dublin, Ireland

8 August: v Real Madrid (Super Cup) in Skopje, Macedonia

zerks wrote: »
    http://www.football365.com/news/benfica-forward-talks-united-move-says-jose-loves-him

Anderson Talisca saying discussion is ongoing about a possible move to United.

“I can’t talk about Manchester United. It’s not just up to me,” he told Globosport

“It’s up to Benfica, my representatives, who are dealing with the situation. Soon, they’ll have news.

“I’ve had a good season, and Mourinho has a love (for me) that exists, I will not lie.

“It’s a dream, something that all players want. As I said, his love is old and I like his work.

“He’s a great coach and I hope everything works out.”

Jose spoke very highly of him a couple of years ago apparently, saying the only reason he wasn't playing in the premiership was cause he hadn't got a work permit. He was on loan to Bestikas this year, don't know much about him but he is a No10 so don't think we would be in for him, think he is just playing up looking for a move somewhere. Benfica need a new Gaitin I suppose :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Jayop wrote: »
    Lads we have 8 pre season games this year. Surely that's too many? Looks like a nuts schedule.

Man Jose is genius. Preloads preseason to get the excuses in early :rolleyes:

In fairness I think the travel locations are good. US travel is top notch and its probably a good training base. The timings look a bit short but I'd imagine there will be high rotation.

I do think its a bit weird though. It's a summer without a tournament, where you think there might be a lighter schedule, to let the team hit the ground running.

At the same time, he gets to buy the players he wants, from trips like these. A club of our stature needs to make these sort of pre-seasons to generate the revenue that inevitably goes back into the team.

Be his own fault if he can't manage it. Didn't he lay blame to last pre-season to the fact Van Gaal arranged it, well this is his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Its all about the money money money...

https://twitter.com/thcoast/status/875108813300539392

"Cadena COPE reporting #RMCF and #MUFC negotiations for Morata will start on Thursday after player reached ‘total agreement’ with Red Devils. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I don't think Dier or Matic has shown themselvest= to be any better than Schneiderlin (whom I think should have been given far more of a chance).

I think Fabinho, the little I have seen of him, looks a more dynamic player than the lot of them.

Oh god i hope we don't get Matic or Dier. Kante is twice the player either of them are (cant understand how we never got him). Fabinho all the way for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ollkiller wrote: »
    Oh god i hope we don't get Matic or Dier. Kante is twice the player either of them are (cant understand how we never got him). Fabinho all the way for me.
    Who's to say United didn't try to sign him ? Probably enquired and was a non mover.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Who's to say United didn't try to sign him ? Probably enquired and was a non mover.

Probably true but we should have gone all out for him. Feck the price. Unreal player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I imagine we wont have all our signings so I'd imagine it'll be Wilson, the Pereira's, CBJ, Mitchell, Harrop, McTominay, O'Hara, Gomes, Chong etc. that will travel pre season with us. Plenty of rotation.

• Advertisement

Probably true but we should have gone all out for him. Feck the price. Unreal player.

His buyout clause was 32m. Im sure nearly most clubs made inquiry for him but he wanted the move to chelsea

DCTfswxXYAA-T1G.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Its all about the money money money...

Jose was praised for this last time he won league with chelsea they had alot of games pre season and hit the ground running in the league.

Fatigue won't be an issue this year we have less games to play even before Christmas and hopefully even if we win league cup again this year and get threw groups in champions league we will have less games to play in Europe too.

Strange that the supercup is a Tuesday fixture. At least it gives us a decent break before the West Ham game on Saturday or Sunday. I'd imagine that will be switched to the Sunday.

His buyout clause was 32m. Im sure nearly most clubs made inquiry for him but he wanted the move to chelsea

Oh i'm sure many clubs went in for him and he more than likely wanted to move to chelsea. It's just one of those where we should have thrown unbridled sums of money at him. Try to turn his head per se. He's nearly the perfect defensive midfielder who has some skills as well. Sure what can you do. The thought of dier or matic in there just annoys me. We've never replaced that position adequately since Keane left. Then again how do you replace a player like Keane. Christ he was just brilliant to watch.

Strange that the supercup is a Tuesday fixture. At least it gives us a decent break before the West Ham game on Saturday or Sunday. I'd imagine that will be switched to the Sunday.

I think it's always been played on a Tuesday.

Even the arrangement of the American games looks stupid. We're going (time zones) Pacific, mountain, central, Pacific, eastern. So much travel.

Bah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think use of the squad was generally very poor lat season - Ibrahimovic and Pogba in particular played a load of matches I feel they could and should have been rested in - EL group and LC games were quite strong iirc.

I think Schneiderlin and Memphis should have got more game time in the early part of the season, to give them a real and proper chance.

Hopefully Jose is more comfortable this season and has more faith in his squad - so we will see better rotation.

I think it's always been played on a Tuesday.

O rly? I assumed a Wednesday night. I've probably not watched it the last 6 years so as I work evenings.

• Advertisement

Oh i'm sure many clubs went in for him and he more than likely wanted to move to chelsea. It's just one of those where we should have thrown unbridled sums of money at him. Try to turn his head per se. He's nearly the perfect defensive midfielder who has some skills as well. Sure what can you do. The thought of dier or matic in there just annoys me. We've never replaced that position adequately since Keane left. Then again how do you replace a player like Keane. Christ he was just brilliant to watch.

Different kind of player but carrick has been brilliant for 10 years.

O rly? I assumed a Wednesday night. I've probably not watched it the last 6 years so as I work evenings.

Well just from the Wiki page.
    Starting in 2014, the date of the UEFA Super Cup was moved from Friday in late August, to Tuesday in mid-August, following the removal of the August international friendly date in the new FIFA International Match Calendar.

I literally know nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I literally know nothing.

You and the rest of us :)

Different kind of player but carrick has been brilliant for 10 years.

That he has. I never understood the abuse he got a few years ago. His legs are going now but his passing range and his ability to break up play are class. As Jose will probably use a midfield 3 in all the big games can you imagine if we had Scholes, Keane and Carrick in their prime as that midfield three. Just let that sink in.........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That he has. I never understood the abuse he got a few years ago. His legs are going now but his passing range and his ability to break up play are class. As Jose will probably use a midfield 3 in all the big games can you imagine if we had Scholes, Keane and Carrick in their prime as that midfield three. Just let that sink in.........

Would prefer hargreaves tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

can you imagine if we had Scholes, Keane and Carrick in their prime as that midfield three. Just let that sink in.........

What would they need Carrick for?

What would they need Carrick for?

I' m basing it on the fact if you were playing a midfield three then those 3 in their prime would be amazing. I'm not a fan of the midfield three myself, much prefer a 4 in midfield with a striker and a player in the hole. Beckham, scholes, keane and giggs as the midfield four of course.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/875318218365087745

Re:Perisic.
    Woodward tells Inter that Man United are ‘willing to increase’ bid, 3rd offer, talks held on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I love those things, you can just imagine him e-mailing the club

Eddie: We bid xxm for Persic
    Inter: Na
    Eddie: We are willing to increase
    Inter: OooOOooOO interesting

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement