Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Awful decision from an 18 yo. Very badly advised. De Gea redeemed himself at the last minute with me. Can't stand players of a young age running down their contract to leave on a free. Smacks of serious disrespect to the club involved. No reason a player doesn't have an agreement in place with their club to move on the following year and allow a club some sort of fee. Some of these agents are rotten. Cannot stand Raola or whatever his name is

He has a contract with them until 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Once Real Madrid buy him I don't care, it will keep their hands off DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jayop wrote: »
    Go ask that question in the Liverpool thread.

I think I'd rather kick myself in the balls. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Try it there and snapchat me :D

Jaysus Buckety, think that's the first time I've ever seen you use the laugh/smiling smiley :D I like this side of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

bangkok wrote: »
    Its still ac milan, a massive club and they recently got big chinese investment. At only 18 he should def stay with milan. Mino looking for another big pay day

He can play for Madrid, a much bigger club and likely play week in week out. He's good enough.

Will rake in the trophies with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Sure wasn't DDG only18/19 when he signed for us

DiMarzio reporting that Conte and Chelsea's relations are cracking cause of their transfer policy.

Looks like this one will run and run and run

https://twitter.com/partidazocope/status/875467136289918981
    Advises @juanmacastano: today have begun to talk about the RM and the United. The transfer of Morata may close next Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Can't stand players of a young age running down their contract to leave on a free.

He is one year into a two year deal, wtf is he running down ? :rolleyes:

Milan fúcked up with their deal with him and will probably lose him to Juve for nothing next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

astradave wrote: »
    Jaysus Buckety, think that's the first time I've ever seen you use the laugh/smiling smiley :D I like this side of you

I even thanked a post today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

DiMarzio reporting that Conte and Chelsea's relations are cracking cause of their transfer policy.

He wants Lukaku and the board are dragging their heels in sanctioning a deal.

In United news:

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/875486088986537984

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is Gomes a defensive midfielder?

Lads Ed deffo has to go AND the Glazers! We haven't signed any one in 2 days! Not even a noodle company!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I would of thought they be better options out there for midfield then gomes. I can't believe carvalho is still in Portugal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, Palmeri knows as much as I do. An Italian Indykilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    He wants Lukaku and the board are dragging their heels in sanctioning a deal.

In United news:

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/875486088986537984

Gomes? Hopefully just a paper link and no real substance to it

Speaking of, here...we....go...

A Bola: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid
    https://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=677895

Independent: Cristiano Ronaldo makes 'irreversible' decision to leave Real Madrid after treatment by Spanish tax authorities
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-transfer-news-wants-to-leave-spanish-tax-fraud-allegations-a7792826.html

MARCA: Real Madrid tries to calm down Cristiano. Florentino hopes Cristiano reconsider his decision
    http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/16/59438d9eca4741a5288b45f5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »

Independent: Cristiano Ronaldo makes 'irreversible' decision to leave Real Madrid after treatment by Spanish tax authorities
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-transfer-news-wants-to-leave-spanish-tax-fraud-allegations-a7792826.html

MARCA: Real Madrid tries to calm down Cristiano. Florentino hopes Cristiano reconsider his decision
    http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/16/59438d9eca4741a5288b45f5.html

Must....not....get...hopes....up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Gomes a defensive midfielder?
    More attacking mid. Quite the player when he gets going but he struggled a fair bit at Barca this year so I'd be surprised to see him settle easily at Man U.

KH25 wrote: »
    Must....not....get...hopes....up.

Stories say only us, PSG and China would have the finances to make any deal happen (if you want to believe them, of course; I'm aware I'm posting this less than half a dozen posts after calling BS on other people's stories :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Headshot wrote: »
    oh wow

Really bad decision. Milan is far far from the club it once was but at least he'll play every game and its a good stepping stone. He's only 18, he has years left to make it to the top yet

Milan - a stepping stone?! :pac: Ah here.

Milan are an enormous European club with a huge global fanbase and are on the way back up (might take a few seasons, but they've lots of cash now).

I know Riaola has something to do with it, but he has a functioning brain himself. I'd say it's 50/50.

Read a story about him apparently agreeing terms with Inter after a year or two when he was younger and then changed him mind over night and signed for Milan without telling Inter.

A few Milan old boys coming out to slate him too. I expect him to do a u-turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Noway did he trigger article 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Stories say only us, PSG and China would have the finances to make any deal happen (if you want to believe them, of course; I'm aware I'm posting this less than half a dozen posts after calling BS on other people's stories :P)

Unlikely to happen but a man can dream.

I remember reading something about Ronaldo when the Messi tax affairs were coming up and it said something about Real sorting all the tax breaks and that for him, must have ****ed that up big time :pac: you would think with them being in bed with the government that everything would be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

If the CR7 is true, and its a big if, we have to be favorites to sign him.

Lets just dream for a moment its true, we are one of few clubs with the finances to make it happen, and CR7s signed a contract to keep him at Madrid until 2021, extending his previous deal, which was set to expire after the 2017-18 season, how much would he cost?

He reportedly has a 1 Billion buyout clause according to Mendes.
    "Cristano Ronaldo? One billion," Mendes said when asked by the BBC how much the three-time Ballon d'Or winner was worth. "His buyout clause one billion, so it is one billion. If, for any reason, the club decide to sell him tomorrow for 300 million, someone will pay.

But with looming legal troubles and the player asking to leave and the minute threat of prison time (although most certainly won't happen) and Ronaldos age there is room to maneuver for clubs to get a good price.

If this does get going it will be the most hotly contested and most complex and interesting transfer in football history. Or nothing happens and he stays put :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

ah man now I'm dreaming of a Ronaldo return. Imagine

If the CR7 is true, and its a big if, we have to be favorites to sign him.

Lets just dream for a moment its true, we are one of few clubs with the finances to make it happen, and CR7s signed a contract to keep him at Madrid until 2021, extending his previous deal, which was set to expire after the 2017-18 season, how much would he cost?

He reportedly has a 1 Billion buyout clause according to Mendes.

But with looming legal troubles and the player asking to leave and the minute threat of prison time (although most certainly won't happen) and Ronaldos age there is room to maneuver for clubs to get a good price.

If this does get going it will be the most hotly contested and most complex and interesting transfer in football history. Or nothing happens and he stays put :pac:

The cost being quoted in some of the reports this morning is €180m.. which is about £155-160m, then you have to throw astronomical wages on top of that.

The most likely scenario is that Real decide to help him out paying the tax without releasing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Get Sir Alex to give him a ring ala Klopp! It'd be all done by tea time today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The cost being quoted in some of the reports this morning is ?180m.. which is about ?155-160m, then you have to throw astronomical wages on top of that.

So he breaks the transfer record a second time :D €94m in 2009. He's probably worth it for the merchandising alone but what to people think about paying €180m for a 32yrold forward who is in decline?

Before I get roasted, I say in decline purely in terms of aging. His work ethic and ability to score are still at the highest level but he simply cannot run past defenders as quickly as he could 10years ago and will continue to lack pace but saying that a target man is not something Jose can't work with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

yermandan wrote: »

How much would ye guys pay for him?

As much a guarantee of lots of goals as you can get. But 2-3 years max in him?
    If he could be got for around £100-120m, (considering Morata is looking like £70+), the definitely, but Madrid unlikely to sell for that.
    (edit: just seem €180m on another post, so perhaps that)

Also, would signing him and making him the focal point of the team affect future transfer plans? Eg would Griezmann come next summer to have to play second fiddle to him?
    Mind you with him we'd become heavy favourites for the league overnight and would expect to go deep in the CL.

Would it be worth it to get a 2-3 boost while rebuilding the rest of the team?
    I'd always thought no to resigning him. But now.....

Would be quite the quandary for United, but it's probably a nothing story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm gonna be negative Nancy and say it, its not happening its probably him looking for a new pay rise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Imagine the levels of hatred that would return with him, Ronaldo scores an offside winner with his hand at anfield and mourinho gives his usual smug press conference.

My one worry would be how it would affect other transfers IF it happened. We don't have a bottomless well; would the board give us extra funds to accommodate spending so much on one player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

paulbok wrote: »
    How much would ye guys pay for him?

As much a guarantee of lots of goals as you can get. But 2-3 years max in him?
    If he could be got for around £100-120m, (considering Morata is looking like £70+), the definitely, but Madrid unlikely to sell for that.
    (edit: just seem €180m on another post, so perhaps that)

Also, would signing him and making him the focal point of the team affect future transfer plans? Eg would Griezmann come next summer to have to play second fiddle to him?
    Mind you with him we'd become heavy favourites for the league overnight and would expect to go deep in the CL.

Would it be worth it to get a 2-3 boost while rebuilding the rest of the team?
    I'd always thought no to resigning him. But now.....

Would be quite the quandary for United, but it's probably a nothing story

I honestly can't see a downside to signing him. I don't care about the amount as the revenue the club are currently bringing in is astounding

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have a €2 bet with Paddypwer at 6/4 from 2013 that Ronald's next club is United.
    I just want to win my bet...

• Advertisement

My one worry would be how it would affect other transfers IF it happened. We don't have a bottomless well; would the board give us extra funds to accommodate spending so much on one player?

The cost of Ronaldo is not an issue for other transfers as he would be the biggest revenue generator for United and football in history.
    It would also make others want to join United who might have looked towards Spain.
    The cost is not an issue, the only issue is: would he actually leave Real Madrid?

another thing we could possibly do is 70m plus DeGea. We all know that we are going to lose DeGea eventually so having a few years of Ronnie might be a good return

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/06/16/5943a5c8ca47410a188b4607.html

That is the Marca article in English.
    They claim the A Bola story is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ronaldo trying to get a new deal obviously

Conte doesn't half throw his toys out of the pram a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Every summer, Ronaldo is linked with a comeback to us some way or another so honestly I can't even express how little I believe any stories regarding him leaving Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

thelad95 wrote: »
    Every summer, Ronaldo is linked with a comeback to us some way or another so honestly I can't even express how little I believe any stories regarding him leaving Madrid.

It's about as unlikely as any transfer story ever published in the past or in the future.

Marca journalist says he is getting abuse...over the Ronaldo story, says the club told him the story is true.

https://twitter.com/jasonpettigrove/status/875656090733563905

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Ronaldo trying to get a new deal obviously

Conte doesn't half throw his toys out of the pram a lot

Isn't Messi due to sign a new mega deal shortly? Hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Get that signal out!!

Sign ronaldo and we are premier league favorites straight away.

Get that signal out!!

This one? :D

9tHmpgk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Didn't he recently say he'd never go back to United? He's just looking for a pay rise as he does every year. Huge non story. He needs to pay his tax bill somehow.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Didn't he recently say he'd never go back to United? He's just looking for a pay rise as he does every year. Huge non story. He needs to pay his tax bill somehow.

He is only being accused so far. Guilty of nothing yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

bangkok wrote: »
    He is only being accused so far. Guilty of nothing yet

Guilty in the court of public opinion.
    The Messi tax situation took a similar path. Ronaldo won't leave Madrid but he's savvy enough to see an opportunity for an improved contract in light of that situation.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Guilty in the court of public opinion.
    The Messi tax situation took a similar path. Ronaldo won't leave Madrid but he's savvy enough to see an opportunity for an improved contract in light of that situation.

He only signed a new 5 year contract last season, cant see him getting another so soon

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement