Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Come on we surely arn't buying into this?

That would be throwing our entire transfer plans out the window surely. But would be an incredible signing. But he would be playing up front. as our number 9. He wouldn't cut it anymore in a Jose team out wide. So not sure what that would mean for the Morata plans.

Ronaldo back playing up front is an orgasmic thought, but I'm not entertaining it as reality for a second.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

astradave wrote: »
    This one? :D

9tHmpgk.jpg

Seriously lads, he's looking for a new deal. I'm not even going to waste my time saying we are not resigning Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

YES

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheDoc wrote: »
    Come on we surely arn't buying into this?

That would be throwing our entire transfer plans out the window surely. But would be an incredible signing. But he would be playing up front. as our number 9. He wouldn't cut it anymore in a Jose team out wide. So not sure what that would mean for the Morata plans.

Ronaldo back playing up front is an orgasmic thought, but I'm not entertaining it as reality for a second.

You'd imagine it would scupper Morata completly, and Ronaldo would be instead of him, not with him. So...
    Perisic - Ronaldo - Mkhi
    Pogba - Herrera
    Matic
    Darmian - Bailly - Lindelof - Valencia
    De Gea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Feel sorry for anyone who buys into the nonsense that we might have a chance to resign Ronaldo. With the recent tax story that broke out, it's an easy story to write and clickbait. We are already struggling to get Morata off their hands. Getting Ronaldo off them will be impossible. We have terrible history dealing with Real Madrid every summer from De Gea to Ramos to Verane now Morata etc. I'm starting to doubt even if the Morata stories are legit. Ronaldo wise -not gonna happen. Don't do it to yourself lads

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Feel sorry for anyone who buys into the nonsense that we might have a chance to resign Ronaldo. With the recent tax story that broke out, it's an easy story to write and clickbait. We are already struggling to get Morata off their hands. Getting Ronaldo off them will be impossible. We have terrible history dealing with Real Madrid every summer from De Gea to Ramos to Verane now Morata etc. I'm starting to doubt even if the Morata stories are legit. Ronaldo wise -not gonna happen. Don't do it to yourself lads

People can dream, sometimes dreams come true, other times they don't, the fun of the transfer season...dreams.

• yermandan wrote: »
    YES

Defo signing Ronaldo
    Not often we get a yermandan special either
    Go on DAN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You'd imagine it would scupper Morata completly, and Ronaldo would be instead of him, not with him. So...
    Perisic - Ronaldo - Mkhi
    Pogba - Herrera
    Matic
    Darmian - Bailly - Lindelof - Valencia
    De Gea

That's a great line-up except for Matic. Don't want him anywhere near United. Only change bar that would be a fully fit Luke Shaw and maybe the Martial of two seasons ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

We signed di maria easy enough.

Sold them heinze beckham ronaldo van nistelrooy. Loaned them hernandez.

Id say the relationship between the 2 clubs is ok to be honest.

Ramos was never going to leave. He is an icon and a legend over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

RobertKK wrote: »
    I have a €2 bet with Paddypwer at 6/4 from 2013 that Ronald's next club is United.
    I just want to win my bet...

Its 13/8 United now and 2/1 PSG. China and the US after that.
    Did a google and apparently he's been leaving Madrid for the last 5 seasons now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

jacool wrote: »
    Its 1,000,000,000/1 United now and 2/1 PSG. China and the US after that.
    Did a google and apparently he's been leaving Madrid for the last 5 seasons now!

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »

Every year I get a cold and a flu it dont mean I like it tho.

Sky sources have picked up on ronaldo story now too haha

• My Friday is now complete. Thank you. :P

0M6KLxz.jpg

The one thing about Ronaldo, this is the first time that everyone seems to be reporting that he wants to leave Real Madrid. He is also fed up with the boo boys at Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

BBC now saying "a source close to the player" has told them he wants to leave. I refuse to get excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

136...............goals needed for Ronaldo to be our all time top scorer... ;o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The one thing about Ronaldo, this is the first time that everyone seems to be reporting that he wants to leave Real Madrid. He is also fed up with the boo boys at Madrid.

Even if everyone reports it, it doesnt make it true. Could still easily and most likely Ronaldo himself just generating it all for his own gains.

Sure even if he came out and publicly stated his desire to leave, I'd still be inclined to say hes staying with Madrid and angling for an improved contracted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

BRING THAT SEXY GOD HOME!!!!!!!

that might have been the caffeine ;)

Delboy5 wrote: »
    136...............goals needed for Ronaldo to be our all time top scorer... ;o)
    imagine how many goals he would have had if he stayed with us... frightening stuff...

• Advertisement

When BBC are running with it, you gotta be excited!!!

every single year I build myself up to Ronaldo coming home.... I should no better by now......

Nope still not gonna fall into the trap. I trust nobody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

BBC sports editor, they have got their own confirmation

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/875706407861006336

Nope still not gonna fall into the trap. I trust nobody

Trust history. Hes done it every year, why would this time be different. Hes not leaving Madrid and hes not playing for United next season.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ****ing absolutely brilliant :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lads even if he did leave chances are he would want to have a new challenge in France or somewhere I can't see him actually wanting to come back to United he already has a legacy here.

I would eat my hat if ronaldo joined us.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

composure_grande.gif

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads even if he did leave chances are he would want to have a new challenge in France or somewhere I can't see him actually wanting to come back to United he already has a legacy here.

I would eat my hat if ronaldo joined us.
    screenshot taken.... what kinda hat is it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even if on the .0001% chance that he does want out, who can afford him? He's probably a £150+ million player, even at 32.

Edit: Anyone else get question marks when trying to use symbols on boards recently?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Can we swap Rooney for him. Roo is younger after all.

Hope this talk does not disrupt current plans, I am sure Woodward would love to get Ronaldo back.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Can we swap Rooney for him. Roo is younger after all.

Hope this talk does not disrupt current plans, I am sure Woodward would love to get Ronaldo back.

Id swap Rooney for a half drunk can of Sprite. And I hate Sprite

There has been talk since the end of May that Mourinho said something about a big surprise signing.

There has been talk since the end of May that Mourinho said something about a big surprise signing.

Knowing Jose hes talking about himself signing a contract extension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

J. Marston wrote: »
    Edit: Anyone else get question marks when trying to use symbols on boards recently?

Yep, constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

We signed Di Maria easy enough because they were offloading, and we were happy to pay that fee for a player they didn't want.

I think this is a bit different, in that they don't want to lose Ronaldo, for obvious reasons. I don't want to think of the money this would potentially cost, but it would atleast remove the stigma from Pogba next year :D

Not even sure Ronaldo would want to come back in the current climate. From what I gather himself and Mourinho simply just don't get along, and Fererra was the conduit between them at Madrid because they kept clashing or couldn't reach common ground.

Worth noting similar stories emerged with Messi and Neymar that they wanted to leave Barca over their tax issues. Really can't believe he would ditch Madrid and Spain over tax accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

My God, I don't know whether to get excited or not. We've been burned so many times by players using us as leverage for a contract extension (Although I know he hadn't been directly linked with us yet).

But still, I can't help but get my hopes up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

J. Marston wrote: »
    Even if on the .0001% chance that he does want out, who can afford him? He's probably a £150+ million player, even at 32.

Seeing loads of posts lately with random question marks. Thought it was a bug on the touch site

TheDoc wrote: »
    We signed Di Maria easy enough because they were offloading, and we were happy to pay that fee for a player they didn't want.

I think this is a bit different, in that they don't want to lose Ronaldo, for obvious reasons. I don't want to think of the money this would potentially cost, but it would atleast remove the stigma from Pogba next year :D

Not even sure Ronaldo would want to come back in the current climate. From what I gather himself and Mourinho simply just don't get along, and Fererra was the conduit between them at Madrid because they kept clashing or couldn't reach common ground.

Worth noting similar stories emerged with Messi and Neymar that they wanted to leave Barca over their tax issues. Really can't believe he would ditch Madrid and Spain over tax accusations.

Madrid were happy to let ronaldo go 2 seasons ago and they had a change of heart when he scored 50 goals.

I think its different this time, he only spoke a few weeks ago about united and said he never got booed there and you cant just turn off the good memories he had there.

Whether or not he goes to united i dont know but i would say he has never been as close to leaving as he is now

I would not be surprised if Real Madrid did sell him, then activate Neymar's release clause to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wasn't Ronaldo one of the people responsible for Jose leaving Madrid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The tax-dodging git will probably end up in Ireland :p

Alan Smith asking on Sky Sports if Ronaldo would break the world record if sold, saying he is not sure if he would break Pogba's record, said he would not go back to United, maybe PSG or Juventus, would love to be a football commentator, one can talk sh1te and pretend to be knowledgeable.

• Advertisement

Alan Smith asking on Sky Sports if Ronaldo would break the world record if sold, saying he is not sure if he would break Pogba's record, said he would not go back to United, maybe PSG or Juventus, would love to be a football commentator, one can talk sh1te and pretend to be knowledgeable.

Hes probably just told to talk his opinion, he probably doesnt know like the rest of us so hes told to say anything by his bosses. Sky loves spinning a small rumour into hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes probably just told to talk his opinion, he probably doesnt know like the rest of us so hes told to say anything by his bosses. Sky loves spinning a small rumour into hyperbole.

Cue Ballague being in studio on the hour, every hour for the next week solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

LOLERS.

Ronaldo would smash the transfer record, even at 32.

Couldn't see him going to Juve, simply because of the money required (transfer and wages). PSG or United are the most likely destinations, imo. If United bid I think we would get him because no one cares about the French league - all his goalscoring there would be completely ignored and Messi would streak (further?) ahead in their personal rivalry cause he would still be in a relavent league.

Only winning the CL with PSG would garner any recognition at all. Just look at Ibrahimovic's scoring record in France. Was he ever put in context with Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez/Neymar? Not that I recall, cause no one rates the French league.

You should all just switch off from Sky Sports, they have no real scoops and plenty of hyperbole speculation. I cant remember the last time the broke a real story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

LOLERS.

Ronaldo would smash the transfer record, even at 32.

Couldn't see him going to Juve, simply because of the money required (transfer and wages). PSG or United are the most likely destinations, imo. If United bid I think we would get him because no one cares about the French league - all his goalscoring there would be completely ignored and Messi would streak (further?) ahead in their personal rivalry cause he would still be in a relavent league.

Only winning the CL with PSG would garner any recognition at all. Just look at Ibrahimovic's scoring record in France. Was he ever put in context with Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez/Neymar? Not that I recall, cause no one rates the French league.

I'd argue the exact opposite. Why would he come to a tough EPL league to get kicked about and play in Stoke on a wet Tuesday night.

Far better to live and play in Paris. Guaranteed 50+ goals so stay ahead of Messi. All that matters are the totals. Keep himself nice and fresh for the CL knock out stages rather than the marathon that he faces in the EPL.

With a bit of luck, and if PSG can get some more signings with him, CL could be a possibility.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement