Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

LOLERS.

Ronaldo would smash the transfer record, even at 32.

Couldn't see him going to Juve, simply because of the money required (transfer and wages). PSG or United are the most likely destinations, imo. If United bid I think we would get him because no one cares about the French league - all his goalscoring there would be completely ignored and Messi would streak (further?) ahead in their personal rivalry cause he would still be in a relavent league.

Only winning the CL with PSG would garner any recognition at all. Just look at Ibrahimovic's scoring record in France. Was he ever put in context with Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez/Neymar? Not that I recall, cause no one rates the French league.

Bit harsh on the french league. The reason zlatan was never in same bracket as above was he didnt really perform well in knock out stages of champions league when it really mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

bangkok wrote: »
    Bit harsh on the french league. The reason zlatan was never in same bracket as above was he didnt really perform well in knock out stages of champions league when it really mattered.

Harsh but fair, French league is not at teh level of EPL or La Liga.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ok maybe I need to get official on all you motherfcukers.

We are not signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Would China not be a better destination for Ronaldo if he wants to avoid the tax evasion charges? Anywhere else in the EU and he'll still be charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Think Sky Sports are bad?

Talk Sport are currently discussing the chances of Ronaldo signing for City...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ok maybe I need to get official on all you motherfcukers.

We are not signing Cristiano Ronaldo.
    stop it.... just feckin stop it..... :D

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Think Sky Sports are bad?

Talk Sport are currently discussing the chances of Ronaldo signing for City...
    no way would Ronnie sign for that lot... surely the pool have a shot of signing him?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

wintear wrote: »
    Would China not be a better destination for Ronaldo if he wants to avoid the tax evasion charges? Anywhere else in the EU and he'll still be charged.

Brexit...

When Theresa May and her government asked the EU to not allow the Irish request that NI have automatic entry to the EU in the case of a United Ireland, she was told that Ireland is sitting around the table with 26 other countries and they were not.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Harsh but fair, French league is not at teh level of EPL or La Liga.

Never said it was but psg or monaco would beat most if not all teams in the premier league

Never said it was but psg or monaco would beat most if not all teams in the premier league
    lyon very good aswell

• Advertisement

lyon very good aswell

After those 3 and Marseille to a certain extent, the standard drops dramaticly.

While Sky report the hyperbole that Ronaldo si leaving, hes still 8/13 to stay at Madrid accroding to Skybet. Smell of sh!te off this story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You should all just switch off from Sky Sports, they have no real scoops and plenty of hyperbole speculation. I cant remember the last time the broke a real story.

Well your a right happy feker aint ya.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well your a right happy feker aint ya.

Its Friday after all :pac:

Its Friday after all :pac:

20170616_164346.jpg

Happy silly season folks may all your wildest dreams(ronaldo) come true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

19113783_808984115935567_8721060654492067491_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=6eca2904843da2cb00b9499625658915&oe=599FD773

Darmian got married yesterday. Pic from his FB.

Wouldn't like the shoulders on that dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You'd think he'd shave the bum fluff for the wedding.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's an irony here for Real Madrid. If they had just sold us Morata quicker, we probably wouldn't have had enough left in the war chest to bring Ronnie back home. By delaying that one, we can put the 90m set aside for Morata and bull forward for their crown jewel :pac:

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There's an irony here for Real Madrid. If they had just sold us Morata quicker, we probably wouldn't have had enough left in the war chest to bring Ronnie back home. By delaying that one, we can put the 90m set aside for Morata and bull forward for their crown jewel :pac:

Jose values de gea at 100m.

We buy morata for 70m and we do a straight swap de gea for ronaldo

Easy

Our goal difference next season is +70 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Easy

And you would finally get your 2 up top :D

Easy

I love DDG, but if giving him up got us Ronnie back, I'd be massively tempted, especially since I don't think we're going to keep DDG long term anyway.

"Ronaldos future to be resolved in 2 weeks"

https://twitter.com/marca/status/875754843520028673

They want degea and we want Ronnie

Fair swap

They want degea and we want Ronnie

Fair swap
    That Milan keeper would be a nice signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/06/16/5943c98a46163fb6658b45d0.html
    The news that Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid this summer, while coming as a surprise to the public, is not simply the result of a player who made an angry, snap decision in the heat of the moment.It is the result of a thoughtful decision from the player, who weighed everything up over time and has come to this conclusion.

They list the reasons for this situation:

They say the tax situation is one reason.
    The media situation with Ronaldo saying: "They treat me like a delinquent and they don't even know me,"
    Doesn't feel supported by Real Madrid.
    He wants to return to United.
    Feels he is being made an unfair example of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Wouldn't like the shoulders on that dress.

Doesn't make her any less beautiful. Don't you know It's whats on the inside of a womans dress that counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

If Utd are willing to pay 90m plus for a 32 year old the Madrid board will be high-fiving each other until their hands are raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If Utd are willing to pay 90m plus for a 32 year old the Madrid board will be high-fiving each other until their hands are raw.

We can only hope. He's worth every penny.

Yes, cause Ronnie is any 32 year old. Even a year or two of him at United would catapult us forward MASSIVELY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

I know we'd have to pay wages on top of that, but commercially I can't image we wouldn't recoup that over 4-5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Julez wrote: »
    I know we'd have to pay wages on top of that, but commercially I can't image we wouldn't recoup that over 4-5 years.

It's not happening, but if it was I think it would guarantee 3 league titles and that alone would be worth the outlay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Jayop wrote: »
    It's not happening, but if it was I think it would guarantee 3 league titles and that alone would be worth the outlay.

Totally agreed.

Off topic ( :D ) but we have been quoted £50m for Dier apparently. No way should we pay that. I would rather have Matic for half the price

Jayop wrote: »

Even one league title would be a massive thing for us, after four years in the wilderness....

https://twitter.com/marca/status/875765414533492736
    # LastHours | "I'm leaving Madrid, there's no going back" trib.al/6c5SVrQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

astradave wrote: »
    Off topic ( :D ) but we have been quoted £50m for Dier apparently. No way should we pay that. I would rather have Matic for half the price

Doesn't even count as homegrown player.
    Probably cost 75m if he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Found this on reddit, it's Lindelof's missus tweets about him, especially liked the playstation one. Like this guy already. :pac:

https://imgur.com/a/BuOTm#bsJBHY9

Nice to dream, but don't seriously do it to yourselves lads and ladies.

Footage of me deflecting notions that Ronaldo could re-sign for us this Summer...

rCJ7Ve6.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

United need to forget about big fee foreign players and buy homegrown qualifying ones.

Like Ronaldo :pac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

god I wish he just signed a new contact at Madrid and get it over with

These stories are worse than the likes of ****ing Gaitan or sneijder

And then I read a swap for DeGea, that made me laugh. Luckily utd have more sense than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Yes, cause Ronnie is any 32 year old. Even a year or two of him at United would catapult us forward MASSIVELY.

I didn't offer an opinion on whether it'd be a good deal for us or not. All I'm saying is that the Real board aren't going to be sat around gutted they lost their crown jewel because they didn't sell Morata.

They'll be delighted they've re-couped 90m plus and saved themselves a fortune in wages on a player who, although still a freak of nature, is on the wane. Realistically it's their last chance to get any kind of substantial fee for him.

Headshot wrote: »

And then I read a swap for DeGea, that made me laugh. Luckily utd have more sense than that.

He did earlier this year :)

Headshot wrote: »

Lighten up will you ffs lol

It's transfer season like people are gonna joke re stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He did earlier this year :)

some has to pay his 15m owed to the tax man

bloody tax dodgers

He's a bigger transfer muppet than all us put together :D

Graham Hunter was on 'Off The Ball' there to discuss the Ronaldo situation.

From Hunter, Ronaldo has been talking in private about two things in particular. Hunter said that the source of these 'private' discussions said it was implied that Ronaldo wanted these details leaked.

1. If Manchester United were based in the middle of Spain, no doubt about it he would be with them for life. United are his ideal club in terms of values, and how much the club/Fergie contributed to his early career. He was treated very well by all at the club even during that final season leading up to his departure for Madrid.

2. He isn't happy with the booing and whistling from the Real Madrid fans which they are well notorious for. As well as that, Ronaldo feels the club's higher-ups hung him out to dry by apparently asking the Spanish media not to feature photos of Ronaldo in a RM shirt when breaking the tax story. Many of the main papers ran photos of CR in a Portugal shirt instead.

I'd be among the first to deem these annual CRexit stories as bullshít and/or attempts for Ronaldo to get more money from RM. However, this seems bigger than the usual tripe. Whether Ronaldo goes to United, PSG, whoever, he seems to want to get out of Spain full-stop.

Ronaldo has already been given more money than future generations of his family will ever need, I doubt this is a simple play for a pay-raise. This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for his time in Madrid and Spain.

I'm still not entertaining notions of him coming back though, nope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

stankratz wrote: »
    Graham Hunter was on 'Off The Ball' there to discuss the Ronaldo situation.

From Hunter, Ronaldo has been talking in private about two things in particular. Hunter said that the source of these 'private' discussions said it was implied that Ronaldo wanted these details leaked.

1. If Manchester United were based in the middle of Spain, no doubt about it he would be with them for life. United are his ideal club in terms of values, and how much the club/Fergie contributed to his early career. He was treated very well by all at the club even during that final season leading up to his departure for Madrid.

2. He isn't happy with the booing and whistling from the Real Madrid fans which they are well notorious for. As well as that, Ronaldo feels the club's higher-ups hung him out to dry by apparently asking the Spanish media not to feature photos of Ronaldo in a RM shirt when breaking the tax story. Many of the main papers ran photos of CR in a Portugal shirt instead.

I'd be among the first to deem these annual CRexit stories as bullsh?t and/or attempts for Ronaldo to get more money from RM. However, this seems bigger than the usual tripe. Whether Ronaldo goes to United, PSG, whoever, he seems to want to get out of Spain full-stop.

Ronaldo has already been given more money than future generations of his family will ever need, I doubt this is a simple play for a pay-raise. This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for his time in Madrid and Spain.

I'm still not entertaining notions of him coming back though, nope.

CRexit. You win the Internet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement