Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

adox wrote: »

Great watch that. Love the passion he shows after scoring each goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

God, those were the days alright :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol Newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »

Its really happening!!! Crack out the gifs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Guys he's 32, he would do well yes but not €90m well, that would be money written off after 3 seasons tops, and that's before wages. Also he can warble all he wants about United being his club but he said the same about Madrid before he went there. Plus United is a very different club now. No players left from his era, different manager, different CEO, every player always says the same, never go back. He would be mad to do so and United would be mad to pay exorbitantly for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ankles wrote: »
    Guys he's 32, he would do well yes but not €90m well, that would be money written off after 3 seasons tops, and that's before wages. Also he can warble all he wants about United being his club but he said the same about Madrid before he went there. Plus United is a very different club now. No players left from his era, different manager, different CEO, every player always says the same, never go back. He would be mad to do so and United would be mad to pay exorbitantly for it
    Hold on he isn't worth 90 million euro? Ffs laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

There's 90m for a guy whose best years are in front of him, who will either give the team 5-10 years or be sold if he doesn't work out for a reasonable return. And theres 90m for a guy with 3 years left and that's it, and that's before the wages which wouldn't be far off another 50m or so.

So yes, he's not worth 90m as an investment in a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

adox wrote: »

8 minutes I just spent smiling. The romantic in me wants him back no matter what but even if he doesn't come back we need a yearly rumour so we can all appreciate how good he was for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Investment" is entirely depending on what type of payoff you want.

If he comes in, we are favourites for the PL and will go deep in the CL. That investment would have a massive payoff; even if he retired next year after a single season, United would be back amount the top tiers again, meaning we could invest in better players, etc. Even if he only lasted one season and dragged us to the top of the table, the prestige would be back and that would be worth 150m in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Guys he's 32, he would do well yes but not ?90m well, that would be money written off after 3 seasons tops, and that's before wages. Also he can warble all he wants about United being his club but he said the same about Madrid before he went there. Plus United is a very different club now. No players left from his era, different manager, different CEO, every player always says the same, never go back. He would be mad to do so and United would be mad to pay exorbitantly for it

Goway up the garden with that talk. He'd instantly make us favourites for the Premier League.

When you consider prize money he'd earn us, shirt sales, image rights etc, he pays for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,500 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "Investment" is entirely depending on what type of payoff you want.

If he comes in, we are favourites for the PL and will go deep in the CL. That investment would have a massive payoff; even if he retired next year after a single season, United would be back amount the top tiers again, meaning we could invest in better players, etc. Even if he only lasted one season and dragged us to the top of the table, the prestige would be back and that would be worth 150m in my opinion.

Sorry, but people really are losing the running of themselves in here.

We don't need to spend 150m on a 32 year old striker to get back to the top of the table, we could do it without making stupid decisions like that, and we could do it in ways that would leave us a far healthier club in 3 seasons time.

I'd love to see Ronaldo come back to the club, but the figures people are saying they would pay? You are all out of your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I didn't offer an opinion on whether it'd be a good deal for us or not. All I'm saying is that the Real board aren't going to be sat around gutted they lost their crown jewel because they didn't sell Morata.

They'll be delighted they've re-couped 90m plus and saved themselves a fortune in wages on a player who, although still a freak of nature, is on the wane. Realistically it's their last chance to get any kind of substantial fee for him.

He's winning another Ballon D'Or and after his CL knockout performances he's going nowhere. He's a similar stature to Zlatan, is better than Zlatan was at 32 (no disrespect to Ibra in saying that!) and if anything has an even better work ethic than the one that saw the Swede still playing out of his skin at 35 for us. He's also Real's star player and perhaps the most marketable player in the history of the sport (last summer he was even plastered all over bus and subway stops etc in the US and Canada as the only person on the ads. That's not normal for a footballer). Great as it would be, they're not selling him.

Random thing I also saw recently - he's only 11 goals off Puskas as the highest international goalscorer of all time (not including Ali Daei playing in Asia) and 150 off Romario for being the second highest club goalscorer of all time (185 off Bican who played in the 1930s for highest ever). If he ages like Zlatan has, he could well get 120 of those over the next 3 seasons. Probably won't catch Bican but Romario is possible, not bad considering he's only become a real no.9 over the last few years at Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sorry, but people really are losing the running of themselves in here.

We don't need to spend 150m on a 32 year old striker to get back to the top of the table, we could do it without making stupid decisions like that, and we could do it in ways that would leave us a far healthier club in 3 seasons time.

I'd love to see Ronaldo come back to the club, but the figures people are saying they would pay? You are all out of your mind.

You know what?

I don't care. If this is only gonna last a few days, let me dream. Let me have my few days of crazy bliss...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

ankles wrote:
    Plus United is a very different club now. No players left from his era

Rooney and Carrick beg to differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

People talk about ronaldo as if he were a cripple sometimes 'oh hes 32' etc

This is probably the greatest athlete in the history of sport. He is a freak. He easily has 5 years left at top level barring any serious injury. Would single handly probably win us the league and give us an unbelievable chance of winning a champions league.

90m well worth it and i doubt you would hear many utd fans complain. I would love to see how the rival fans react. It would be priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Don't do it to yourself lads, it's not happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

There's 90m for a guy whose best years are in front of him, who will either give the team 5-10 years or be sold if he doesn't work out for a reasonable return. And theres 90m for a guy with 3 years left and that's it, and that's before the wages which wouldn't be far off another 50m or so.

So yes, he's not worth 90m as an investment in a player.

Zlatan is nearly 36 and had a fine season at united.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

bassy wrote: »
    Zlatan is nearly 36 and had a fine season at united.

Running has never been part of zlatan game so different player altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Forget about CRexit lads. Its all about CRhome. Make it happen Ed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

pjohnson wrote: »
    19113783_808984115935567_8721060654492067491_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=6eca2904843da2cb00b9499625658915&oe=599FD773

Darmian got married yesterday. Pic from his FB.

zerks wrote: »

Its just so easy :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I see Morgan S was at the wedding too - they must still be good mates. Probably bonded whilst being sat on the bench :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

The only reason I could think of United re-signing Ronaldo, is as a Galactico type signing to appease the major sponsors and Addidas, who might be put out because they missed out on Griezmann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

The only reason I could think of United re-signing Ronaldo, is as a Galactico type signing to appease the major sponsors and Addidas, who might be put out because they missed out on Griezmann.

Yea nothing to do with the fact he is the best player on the planet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

IMO it's a waste of time for people to be thinking of Ronaldo returning this Summer,he will settle his differences with Real.
    Much more pertinent at the moment is the unfortunate rumours that we are going for Matic (28 yr old limited footballer) or Dier (young to be fair but even more limited than Matic)......rather than going all out to sign Fabinho (young dynamic player who could be our future right back or defensive midfielder for years ahead).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Are there seriously United fans in here worrying about how much money we should or should not spend on Christiano Ronaldo?

Seriously lads. Who gives a flying Fooooook if United want to spend £100 million on him as long as we have the best player on the planet and the greatest modern day goal scorer playing in our team.

Look we bougth him for 12, we sold him for 80, so we are up 68. If we can get him for 88 then we've really only spent £20 million on him. Recognise.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its just so easy :):):)

With all the Ronaldo arguing I just ignored the last few pages of posts and probably felt it was posted already,feck it,anything to break the tedium of the bickering.

99% of the posts here are a repeat of last Summer......who's zerking who lads?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

With all the Ronaldo arguing I just ignored the last few pages of posts and probably felt it was posted already,feck it,anything to break the tedium of the bickering.

99% of the posts here are a repeat of last Summer......who's zerking who lads?;)

Still you

:D

• Advertisement

Was this posted? He plans to use Liverpool as a stepping stone to move to a bigger club.......United, they won't like that.:)

https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/875797735638749191

That'll go down well. A feeder club.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Guillem Balague says Ronaldo knows what he wants which is to leave Spain.

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/875792491584376833

I guess he is staying.

Haha they will have a petition running along side the petition to get rid of Michael Owen.

#we

RobertKK wrote: »

I guess he is staying.

Im actually quiet surprised he came out and said that.. must be pretty serious now if most of the top journalists in Spain are saying the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I wonder how many shares Ronaldo has in Marca? He's sure as hell going to sell them a hell of a lot of papers over the next week or so with the speculation and then finally when he announces he's staying (on an improved contract, that will help easy his financial burden). There will no doubt be an in depth interview in which Ronaldo extols the virtues of Real Madrid and how its the only club for him in the aftermath of the summers biggest non story.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

astradave wrote: »
    Im actually quiet surprised he came out and said that.. must be pretty serious now if most of the top journalists in Spain are saying the same thing

Further to my previous post, I would assume Balague is simply perpetuating this (non) story because he is a Spanish football journalist and this will most likely sell a lot of newspapers etc...

Glazers Out!

RobertKK wrote: »

I guess he is staying.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/875839190621179904

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Good thing Griezmann couldn't leave Atletico wha!

Imagine we bought Morata and Ronaldo in one Summer. Real Madrid surely would never allow that.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/875833203164155904

Januzaj could end up at Lyon,€15 million being the reported fee.

• Advertisement

Not very secret now is it ha not one quote.. its actually such a lazy article :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/875833203164155904

Januzaj could end up at Lyon,€15 million being the reported fee.

Hope so, i'd say he learnt a lot at both playing at the top and bottom side of a league table. Lyon are a good team and wish the lad well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Just a heads up 'George best: all by himself' documentary on bbc1 at half 8 monday night. Worth a watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Was this posted? He plans to use Liverpool as a stepping stone to move to a bigger club.......United, they won't like that.:)

https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/875797735638749191

Now I like to laugh at Liverpool as much as anyone, but was he not just saying he'd be willing to move to a mid tier side before getting to a top team, in the same way Wijnaldum did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

If the rumours were true and Ronaldo was PSG bound, could f uck up our Morata deal!

Would love Ronaldo to come back and undoubtably score a heap of goals in helping us to win trophies but just can't see it happening.

If he were to leave Real and join PSG, I would undoubtably be disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Marca saying Real Madrid want €180 million for Ronaldo.

Others report say he has told his international team mates he is leaving Madrid.
    It is being said that in his heart he wants to return to United.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haha they will have a petition running along side the petition to get rid of Michael Owen.

#we

Ronnie should do a brochure like Owen did.

The morning papers

Ronaldo wants United return.

Real Sociedad want Januzaj.

De Gea is house hunting in Spain.

José is willing to use De Gea in a deal to sign Morata but values him at £100 million.

Perisic should join within the coming weeks.

That's all folks.

Why don't they just cut out all the crap now and just do it. We let Dave go to Madrid and they send us ronaldo and morata to lessen the blow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement