Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why don't they just cut out all the crap now and just do it. We let Dave go to Madrid and they send us ronaldo and morata to lessen the blow.

what i think might happen is we give them Dave and 70m for Morata and Ronaldo.. which means our outlay is 100m including Lindelof, bring in Perisic and Fabinho/matic and we would still be less than the 200 quoted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    what i think might happen is we give them Dave and 70m for Morata and Ronaldo.. which means our outlay is 100m including Lindelof, bring in Perisic and Fabinho/matic and we would still be less than the 200 quoted

Dave ya know i have your back yeh? But No fuking way is ronaldo coming back to United this summer seriously noway José.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Didnt ronaldo nearly join PSG 2 years ago?? Could easily see him going there, will score plenty of goals in both league and champions league with them.

If he came back to united it would probably be our fans happiest signing in history

Dave ya know i have your back yeh? But No fuking way is ronaldo coming back to United this summer seriously noway José.....

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

JamboMac wrote: »
    Running has never been part of zlatan game so different player altogether.

Running wont be apart of ronaldos game either,cause when possession is lost u will get the hands on hip thing that he done at united in hes youth.

bassy wrote: »
    Running wont be apart of ronaldos game either,cause when possession is lost u will get the hands on hip thing that he done at united in hes youth.

Yea he scored 600 career goals from putting the hands on the hips.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ronaldo was left out of Real Madrid's new kit launch.

https://instagram.com/p/BVUBRPLhkC3/

RobertKK wrote: »

So was ramos and he is the captain and most popular player in madrid. Nothing in that.

He was in a photoshoot i seen it earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

bangkok wrote: »
    Yea he scored 600 career goals from putting the hands on the hips.

Have you never seen him put hes hands on hes hips and shrug?,am not on about hes goals at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

RobertKK wrote: »

Think he's with Portugal at the moment preparing for the confederations cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Giggernaut

Find it hard to see Ronaldo return but I can see Mendes using the club to get him a mega deal with PSG.
    Didn't Mourinho mention he managed the real Ronaldo!
    Like others have mentioned, the players are different(Carrick being the exception, Rooney most likely gone), the club is different and the biggest deal breaker is Ferguson. He gave Ronaldo protection and guidance. The current United is very different.

In my opinion and this is weird...but signing the best player in the world and a club legend is not a good idea bar commercial reasons and we know know Woodie loves his commercial deals...but even in that respect Ronaldo is a different beast with respect to personal rights.

We'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

If you could somehow get in to Ronnie"s head and think

"I'm scoring all these goals, winning trophies, biggest brand in the world then...why the f#ck am i still getting boo'd for a 5second mishap, when i'm winning trophies for this club with an 400+ goals. I remember united was where i made my dreams, fans loved me, forgave my mistakes which were a lot more as i was young and learnd my trade, but with all that the club/supporters still stuck by me.....its my second home"

For me ronnie needs to say goodbye to madrid, ring united and say bring me back.
    150-180 mil we'd make that back no problem in 4-5 years on his name alone

Thats if he wants out at all. Funny how this all came out also after we offered money for Morata and Madrid said it wasn't enough. They want more and now ronnie comes out.

F#ck Madrid, not the be all and end all, lets not get circled again their games like every summer.

Formation is changeable for the right player, morata and ronnie are not the end of the world.
    Love jose but we have the players to make other things work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hi ya Future Guy 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

bassy wrote: »

How are those lemons tasting buddy?

What he do, salsa his way to 400+ goals at madrid

• Advertisement

That team at madrid is built around ronnie. Kroos modric and casemero(khedira before him). Marcelo and Alves best wings on the planet in that team at the time. Benzema a unreal hold up player to bring lads on the wing in.

Madrid selling Moratta over Benzema says enough as Moratta scored more, Benzema brought more the guys on the wing and behind him into play and they did the damage. The hands on hips argument is daft

(Last one tonight)
    Are real asking more for Moratta than what they offered us for DeGea (1-2 in the world)

G'luck to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AidoEirE wrote: »
    That team at madrid is built around ronnie. Kroos modric and casemero(khedira before him). Marcelo and Alves best wings on the planet in that team at the time. Benzema a unreal hold up player to bring lads on the wing in.

Madrid selling Moratta over Benzema says enough as Moratta scored more, Benzema brought more the guys on the wing and behind him into play and they did the damage. The hands on hips argument is daft

who? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I don't think the Madrid fans are really booing Ronaldo are they? Is it not just in a humorous way to entertain themselves? I think football is different in Madrid. The whole club treat it as the game it is and other clubs take it more seriously. Madrid is a pantomime. It's like going to the theatre. You can't necessarily deem their fans' behaviour as having the same meaning as if British fans did it. I know Ronaldo has spoken about it but he doesn't have a sense of humour and maybe he is worried about how it's perceived in other countries.

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit but you never really hear from the fans themselves in other countries. We get people like Graham Hunter interpreting everything but do we really know what Real fans who go every week are thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I don't think the Madrid fans are really booing Ronaldo are they? Is it not just in a humorous way to entertain themselves? I think football is different in Madrid. The whole club treat it as the game it is and other clubs take it more seriously. Madrid is a pantomime. It's like going to the theatre. You can't necessarily deem their fans' behaviour as having the same meaning as if British fans did it. I know Ronaldo has spoken about it but he doesn't have a sense of humour and maybe he is worried about how it's perceived in other countries.

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit but you never really hear from the fans themselves in other countries. We get people like Graham Hunter interpreting everything but do we really know what Real fans who go every week are thinking?

Don't think any of the above is a factor in his reported fall out with Spain. Its about the tax thing and apparently Real asked papers to not show him in his Real kit when printing stories about it. Think he feels betrayed that they didn't do more to stand by him for something he claims he's innocent of.

Thats the rumour I've decided to believe anyway. :)

It's just the biggest tease ever. Prepare for heartbreak on this one. But it's fun to dream for a little while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Make it happen. Neutral fans will be concerned that we will be spending too much on a old has been big game bottler but we will console ourselves with a few titles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Just get Morata sorted first. Have the battle over 'who the biggest club is afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

zerks wrote: »
    The morning papers

Ronaldo wants United return.

Real Sociedad want Januzaj.

De Gea is house hunting in Spain.

José is willing to use De Gea in a deal to sign Morata but values him at £100 million.

Perisic should join within the coming weeks.

That's all folks.

Big Dave looking for a house for Januzaj,

Sound man Dave is :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just get Morata sorted first. Have the battle over 'who the biggest club is afterwards

AS reporting Morata talks are on hold now until the Ronaldo situation gets sorted. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

giphy.gif

Ronaldo this summer and griezeman next summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    AS reporting Morata talks are on hold now until the Ronaldo situation gets sorted. :/

This is of course is the real problem with all this Ronaldo ****e, and the reason clubs want to avoid transfer saga rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well with Morata being iced until Ronaldo signs a new deal we should move for Bellotti instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well with Morata being iced until Ronaldo signs a new deal we should move for Bellotti instead.

If this Ronaldo craic is true then we shud sign him, forget Morata and go for Griezmann next summer.

Hard to believe this is more than a tactic for a new contract tho.

Marca saying Real are looking for 400m euro for Ronaldo :pac: they can keep looking but they won't find it

Marca saying Real are looking for 400m euro for Ronaldo :pac: they can keep looking but they won't find it

For the record, Marca did not say that. Some people are twisting what they said. What Marca said was they would want €200m of a transfer fee, and would save €200m in wages, and so the deal would be worth €400m to Real Madrid. That quickly got twisted by some as "Real want €400m" of a transfer fee.

• Advertisement

It's all down to Ronaldo now if he really wants a move. He has to effectively tell Real Madrid he will not play. Do I think he is going to go on strike? Nope.

For the record, Marca did not say that. Some people are twisting what they said. What Marca said was they would want €200m of a transfer fee, and would save €200m in wages, and so the deal would be worth €400m to Real Madrid. That quickly got twisted by some as "Real want €400m" of a transfer fee.

Ah that makes sense, was just reading through some stuff and seen it. Haven't really had a look properly today.

GSPfan wrote: »
    It's all down to Ronaldo now if he really wants a move. He has to effectively tell Real Madrid he will not play. Do I think he is going to go on strike? Nope.

But if they play him when he doesn't want to be there, is that slavery? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

But if they play him when he doesn't want to be there, is that slavery? :D

#FreeRonnie

Ah that makes sense, was just reading through some stuff and seen it. Haven't really had a look properly today.

You're not the first person I've seen caught by it this morning, and its been fascinating seeing that inital report morph into something completely different. Its a good example of why you can't trust everything you hear online from second hand sources :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If officials at Real Madrid did tell media outlets to show Ronaldo in his Portuguese strip rather than his Real Madrid strip when reporting the tax problem, I do think Ronaldo will not forgive that.
    He loves his country, and I can see him viewing that as a no go area, that when he needed his club, they were trying to disassociate themselves from the tax problem by using him in his national team strip rather than his Real Madrid strip.

If that did happen, Ronaldo will leave as he will feel betrayed by the club.

L'Equippe saying we are keeping in contact with Lacazette as a backup option. If Morata falls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

19143128_1399052880163865_1594823704630541422_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=318e9760d7ffc1252b31cd589a65ccbf&oe=59D170D0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    19143128_1399052880163865_1594823704630541422_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=318e9760d7ffc1252b31cd589a65ccbf&oe=59D170D0
    Tick off the holiday one. Keane was with Lingard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I see Martial had another Instagram meltdown this week, and has followed it up by deleting all his. Instagram history today.

I wonder if someone read him the riot act for his social media behaviour.

who? :)

Knew i spelt that wrong , to focused on the rant. Ha Casemero wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/876087750679826432

Lol probably bs but imagine if Moyes copped Ronnie :p

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/876087750679826432

Lol probably bs but imagine if Moyes copped Ronnie :p

As Alex Ferguson's gift!!!! Did someone actually write that ffs. What a load of bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That's a grand price, just a little over 2 Virgil Van Dijks and no tapping up needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Send in the lads

article-2411011-1B990067000005DC-758_634x556.jpg

I've had a crushing realisation this morning that if he moves, he'll probably go to PSG, won't he :(

I've had a crushing realisation this morning that if he moves, he'll probably go to PSG, won't he :(

I know your a mod an all but

STFU

Well the phrase "Fresh Challenge" would worry me. I just can't see him going to France. Only thing we can be sure of is that he ain't going to another Premier League team. Id bet my house on it. Even the papers can't seriously write a story about him going anywhere other than us in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ronaldo coming back "home" so to speak.. POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING BOYS..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement