Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

I see Martial had another Instagram meltdown this week, and has followed it up by deleting all his. Instagram history today.

I wonder if someone read him the riot act for his social media behaviour.

Seen that alright. Something tells me we won't see the best of him again consistently on a football pitch until he gets control of his personal life, which seems to have been up in the air for a while now. One of the league games last season, I can't remember the opponent but Martial played badly and we only drew - He was tweeting within half an hour of the game ending about his ex-girlfriend and that whole mess.

I like Martial, I think he has great potential and could be a great player for us one day. Needs to get his head out of his hole though or it won't happen. I don't follow players personal lives but you can't avoid the Martial headlines over on the United reddit sometimes. There seems to be not only a messy situation going on there, but one that he didn't exactly do all that he could do to avoid.

Hope to f*ck that's him gone off social media now until its sorted, and not just today's overreaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It could be the perfect way to end a glittering career. He returns to his favourite club & brings back the success. He is credited as an all time United hero.

My concern would be whether Jose really wants him. I could see a situation where the Glazers definitely do because of his immense revenue earning capability. But what if Jose doesn't & it's like a repeat of when Roman chose the players ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

What a load of bull****.

What's the rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Discodog wrote: »
    It could be the perfect way to end a glittering career. He returns to his favourite club & brings back the success. He is credited as an all time United hero.

My concern would be whether Jose really wants him. I could see a situation where the Glazers definitely do because of his immense revenue earning capability. But what if Jose doesn't & it's like a repeat of when Roman chose the players ?

I would be shocked if Jose didn't want him .He guarantees goals,from all over the pitch .Him signing instantly ups United's changes of getting back to the top.At the end of the day Jose wants success and with Ronaldo there it increases his changes hugely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

yabadabado wrote: »
    I would be shocked if Jose didn't want him .He guarantees goals,from all over the pitch .Him signing instantly ups United's changes of getting back to the top.At the end of the day Jose wants success and with Ronaldo there it increases his changes hugely.

There seems to be differing opinion as to how well they got on at RM

GSPfan wrote: »
    Well the phrase "Fresh Challenge" would worry me. I just can't see him going to France. Only thing we can be sure of is that he ain't going to another Premier League team. Id bet my house on it. Even the papers can't seriously write a story about him going anywhere other than us in England.

136 goals left for Ronaldo to become United's top scorer. Did someone say 'fresh challenge'?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Discodog wrote: »
    There seems to be differing opinion as to how well they got on at RM

There were rumours of a rift but ronaldo only had positive things to say of jose from what I remember.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    There were rumours of a rift but ronaldo only had positive things to say of jose from what I remember.

Almost as if people can dislike each other and still act professionally and work together ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Can't believe this Ronaldo stuff is getting so much attention. I personally don't think it will happen and even if it does, I'm not sure if he will be quite the goal scoring phenomenon for United that many here think he would be.

Can't believe this Ronaldo stuff is getting so much attention. I personally don't think it will happen and even if it does, I'm not sure if he will be quite the goal scoring phenomenon for United that many here think he would be.

Whatever about doubting if it will happen, I can't believe anyone would think he wouldn't score for fun if he did come back...

• Advertisement

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/16/manchester-united-told-eric-dier-will-cost-50-million/

Manchester United have been quoted a £50 million valuation of the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Eric Dier, whom Jose Mourinho wants signed in time for the new season.

The England international is on the list of targets that Mourinho has given to vice-chairman Ed Woodward, who has so far landed Victor Lindelof the Benfica defender for £30.75 million. Mourinho regards Dier as the long-term replacement for Michael Carrick, another United acquisition from Spurs 11 years ago, who has been given another one-year extension to keep him at Old Trafford until the summer of 2018.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy’s £50 million valuation of Dier is more than United expected to pay for the 23-year-old who has developed considerably under Mauricio Pochettino. He can also play at centre-back but it is in midfield that Mourinho sees him in the long term. It is there that Dier prefers to play despite having featured at centre-back for periods last season and occasionally at full-back.

Dier was warned by Pochettino in March that it was Spurs who had taken his career to another level and “provided all the tools to be a Premier League player”.

However, it is only at the traditional Premier League big payers that Dier can expect to earn the £150,000-a-week plus salaries that are not currently on offer at Spurs. He signed a new deal in September that took him to around £70,000-a-week and could probably expect another new extended contract later this year were he to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Spurs can keep him especially at 50m.Plenty of better options out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/16/manchester-united-told-eric-dier-will-cost-50-million/

Manchester United have been quoted a ?50 million valuation of the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Eric Dier, whom Jose Mourinho wants signed in time for the new season.

The England international is on the list of targets that Mourinho has given to vice-chairman Ed Woodward, who has so far landed Victor Lindelof the Benfica defender for ?30.75 million. Mourinho regards Dier as the long-term replacement for Michael Carrick, another United acquisition from Spurs 11 years ago, who has been given another one-year extension to keep him at Old Trafford until the summer of 2018.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy?s ?50 million valuation of Dier is more than United expected to pay for the 23-year-old who has developed considerably under Mauricio Pochettino. He can also play at centre-back but it is in midfield that Mourinho sees him in the long term. It is there that Dier prefers to play despite having featured at centre-back for periods last season and occasionally at full-back.

Dier was warned by Pochettino in March that it was Spurs who had taken his career to another level and ?provided all the tools to be a Premier League player?.

However, it is only at the traditional Premier League big payers that Dier can expect to earn the ?150,000-a-week plus salaries that are not currently on offer at Spurs. He signed a new deal in September that took him to around ?70,000-a-week and could probably expect another new extended contract later this year were he to stay.

ffs

The guys if ****ing no where near utd quality

Hopefully its bs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Manchester United have been quoted a £50 million valuation of the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Eric Dier, whom Jose Mourinho wants signed in time for the new season.

The England international is on the list of targets that Mourinho has given to vice-chairman Ed Woodward, who has so far landed Victor Lindelof the Benfica defender for £30.75 million. Mourinho regards Dier as the long-term replacement for Michael Carrick, another United acquisition from Spurs 11 years ago, who has been given another one-year extension to keep him at Old Trafford until the summer of 2018.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy’s £50 million valuation of Dier is more than United expected to pay for the 23-year-old who has developed considerably under Mauricio Pochettino. He can also play at centre-back but it is in midfield that Mourinho sees him in the long term. It is there that Dier prefers to play despite having featured at centre-back for periods last season and occasionally at full-back.

Dier was warned by Pochettino in March that it was Spurs who had taken his career to another level and “provided all the tools to be a Premier League player”.

However, it is only at the traditional Premier League big payers that Dier can expect to earn the £150,000-a-week plus salaries that are not currently on offer at Spurs. He signed a new deal in September that took him to around £70,000-a-week and could probably expect another new extended contract later this year were he to stay.

Hi Zerks :D

Apparently Marca are saying that the Morata transfer will not be effected by the Ronaldo news and its going to be done immenently

astradave wrote: »
    Hi Zerks :D

Apparently Marca are saying that the Morata transfer will not be effected by the Ronaldo news and its going to be done immenently

Real would probably want to push us through the Morata deal if the Ronaldo one is true; if we splunk out 90m on Morata, we have less for any Ronaldo muppetry :P

Real would probably want to push us through the Morata deal if the Ronaldo one is true; if we splunk out 90m on Morata, we have less for any Ronaldo muppetry :P

so they would think :D

so they would think :D

Little do they know...

ROUKY5.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

stankratz wrote: »
    136 goals left for Ronaldo to become United's top scorer. Did someone say 'fresh challenge'?? :pac:

I wouldn't use the fresh challenge alleged comment as something negative. It could as easily mean a return to Utd. The timing could be perfect for him,a chance for a real title bid with Utd post Fergie. Would be hailed a hero again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I never pay much attention to the Ronaldo 'I'm not happy in Madrid' stories. He'll retire there (if they'll have him). He has these little bouts of insecurity from time to time. He just needs reassurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Korat wrote: »
    What a load of bull****.

What's the rumour?

Ha. Good man. What a silly post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Can't see Ronaldo coming back unfortunately.

I'd say if he does leave he will head for PSG and the wheels for that are in motion.

Makes sense that they pulled out of the seemingly done deal for Aubamageng.

He would go there and break all kinds or scoring records.

Still, is be very surprised if he left Madrid.

Reminds me of the Toure / birthday cake incident, just a bit of insecurity.

Would love to see him back though, regardless of the fee.

The amount of merch he would shift would more than cover any cost.

Add to that near guaranteed success on the field it would be a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I will be thoroughly underwhelmed if we sign Dier as our new 'Michael Carrick'.....he wouldn't lace Carricks boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So is that why Tevez is said to be looking to quit China...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bangkok wrote: »
    Didnt ronaldo nearly join PSG 2 years ago?? Could easily see him going there, will score plenty of goals in both league and champions league with them.

If he came back to united it would probably be our fans happiest signing in history

Fyp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Think this was posted before but some detail on how clubs cost transfers, how shirt sales won't really cover an individual's cost etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I will be thoroughly underwhelmed if we sign Dier as our new 'Michael Carrick'.....he wouldn't lace Carricks boots.

I wouldn't. He's a good player, no reason why he can't develop into an important player like Carrick was. Carrick himself wasn't exactly a signing to get too excited about at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

It's on! Castles has spoken

Konta is being built up ahead of Wimbledon, don't see her doing it. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Robbie Williams some man to perform....

Did we sign anyone yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Nothing to do with tranfers but what an ad by nike. Some generation of greats in it

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Telegraph says "With Manchester United understood to have ended their interest in Antoine Griezmann in favour of targeting an out-and-out number nine, there are suggestions Jose Mourinho could be plotting an audacious move to bring Ronaldo back to Old Trafford."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/01/cristiano-ronaldo-admits-misses-manchester-united-premier-league/

That was two and a half weeks ago.

Today I see the Sunday Mirror are saying that 6 weeks ago Fergie was at a function attended by Ronaldo, and Ronaldo told Fergie he was going to quit Madrid as he didn't get the support earlier in the season from the fans and he wanted a fresh challenge. That Ronaldo had told Gestifute to find him a new club.

In February, when Keylor Navas was asked about fans whistling Ronaldo: "It hurts him that they whistle him"
    In April, Ronaldo said: 'The only thing I ask is that they don't whistle me because I give my best in every game. Although I don't always score, I always work hard and try to help Real Madrid.'
    Then in May, Ronaldo said: ‘I’m very happy being in Spain but obviously I also miss England because you can’t just turn off the memories,’
    ‘I don’t like it and it’s not normal that they whistle you in your own stadium. I just don’t like it.
    ‘It shouldn’t be the case that a player who always wants to give his best and give 100 percent for this team when he makes his first mistake people whistle
    ‘It’s not correct. And when you are on a difficult run that is when you need extra support from outside not less. Sometimes we don’t have it.
    ‘I spent a lot of years at Manchester United and it never happened to me. Not even once. Maybe England is a case apart – the mentality is different.’

I think he is simply fed up with the whistling, then add sentimentality for United and wants to play where he is appreciated. Whether he returns to United I don't know, I think most likely if he leaves, but I do think he is leaving Madrid this time.

Meanwhile COPE says Ronaldo will not be offered a new contract to try and keep him, and Real Madrid won't pay his tax bill.

Marca have done an opinion piece criticising Ronaldo, and titled the piece "Player has not been fair to the club
    Real Madrid is above everyone, Cristiano Ronaldo included"

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2017/06/16/5943e80046163f975a8b45df.html

That was two and a half weeks ago.

Meanwhile COPE says Ronaldo will not be offered a new contract to try and keep him, and Real Madrid won't pay his tax bill.
    Marca have done an opinion piece criticising Ronaldo, and titled the piece "Player has not been fair to the club

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2017/06/16/5943e80046163f975a8b45df.html

Someone on Reddit said it better than I ever could have...
    couldn't agree more with Real, they should let him go for free to show him who's boss tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well regardless as to whether or not he was just angling for a new deal this will certainly inflame the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well regardless as to whether or not he was just angling for a new deal this will certainly inflame the situation.
    I hope he tells them to piss off. He is underappreciated by Madrid imo

No one loves senpai as much as we do. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Madrid fans have such a sense of entitlement. They could have Ronaldo and Messi in the same team and they would still find something to complain about. I know all clubs have fans like that, but it seems far more pronounced with Real.

The Express: Abramovich is interested in a Hazard-Ronaldo swap deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

zerks wrote: »
    abramovic can go suck my left nut..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

zerks wrote: »

Never gonna happen. Jog on Abe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads has any one thrown up the bat signal on this one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

hqdefault.jpg

Futureguy: At last. Welcome, Astradave. As you no doubt have guessed, I am Futureguy.

Astradave: It's an honor to meet you.

Futureguy: No, the honor is mine. Please, come. Sit.

morpheus_neo2.jpg

I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole? Hm?

Astradave: You could say that.

Futureguy: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting it to happen. Do you believe in fate, Astradave?

Astradave: No

Futureguy: Why not?

Astradave: Because I don't like to think United are not in control of their fate. Ronaldo is a United legend who loves the club and Duncan says it's happening. Not fate, just facts. Right? Right?

Futureguy: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something.

What you know you can't explain. But you feel it. You feel it every season. That there's something wrong with the transfer gossip. You don't know what it is but it's there, like a splinter in your mind driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Astradave: Is Ronaldo really signing?

Futureguy: Do you want to know why it is like this? Ronaldo signing is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room on twitter. You can see it when you look on Skysports or when read the papers. You can feel it when you go online, when you listen to the Sunday supplement, when you read the posts of hopefuls on boards.ie. It is the deception that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Astradave: What truth?

Futureguy: That Ronaldo is not signing, Astradave. Like everyone else you were born into lies, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. The media. A prison for your mind....a lie to sell papers one Sunday, a lie to get a better contract, a lie to get you renew your season ticket. Unfortunately, no one can be told the truth about Ronaldo signing. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. Ronaldo. Messi. Dier. All signing in the morning. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes... Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more...

matrix-neo-red-pill-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg[

Futureguy: Follow me...

matrixwake-e1340670601816-465x271.png

cristiano-ronaldo-2-3456-46.jpg

Linked to Kieran Tierney now.The Star.

Spurs, huh?

That will be ?50m, Mr Levy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Spurs, huh?

That will be ?50m, Mr Levy :P

Fact minimum £25 million

DiMarizio saying PSG would like to sign Ronaldo, but if he leaves, we are his preferred destination....

If he leaves, being the key words I guess.

Edit. A quote from the article

Jorge Mendes, his agent, knows that well as Ronaldo has asked him to do everything he can to bring him back to Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I just don't see it happen9ing and happy to do 20quid charity bet if anyone is interested..

I say he stays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

I think we should wait a week or so to sign him, so that we can start off the next new superthread with a photo of him signing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement