Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A childish tantrum in hope of getting Real to pay his tax bill. Nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just don't see it happen9ing and happy to do 20quid charity bet if anyone is interested..

I say he stays.

Sure, why not. I'll bet €20 he moves to us :)

Stress, I don't believe he will. I'm more on that train right now cause there's literally no other real news about the club right now. But may as well earn some charity €20 one way or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zerks wrote: »

Is he an out and out defensive midfielder or a more box to box one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »

Stress, I don't believe he will. I'm more on that train right now cause there's literally no other real news about the club right now. But may as well earn some charity €20 one way or the other.

Well done boys! Hope you win TSC!!

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is he an out and out defensive midfielder or a more box to box one?

He can do both, seeing as Fabinho is reported to want to join PSG then we can pick him up for nothing and spend on other transfer targets then tell Levy to stick his £50 million valuation on Dier up his hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cool

I give you he moves anywhere.

So basically Kew says he stays at Madrid and you say he leaves.

I hope I lose the bet and he comes. Be worth it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

If Jose really wants Dier-Give them Smalling & about 10 million. Anything else would be above his value I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Antibac wrote: »
    If Jose really wants Dier-Give them Smalling & about 10 million. Anything else would be above his value I think.

Really hope we don't sign Dier. I just don't see anything other than a very average player in good at best.

adox wrote: »
    Really hope we don't sign Diet. I just don't see anything other than a very average player in good at best.

We could sign Diet,he'd bring out the best in Rooney.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

The Peresic links seem to have died down lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Remember Real said Ronaldo wouldn't play against United in the upcoming games?

Maybe that's because he'll be playing for United!😬😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He can do both, seeing as Fabinho is reported to want to join PSG then we can pick him up for nothing and spend on other transfer targets then tell Levy to stick his ?50 million valuation on Dier up his hole.

He can do both, but in a similar way as Pogba can do both, you're not getting the best version of himself as a DM. He's pure box to box imo

https://twitter.com/tjcope/status/876460612330586112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redcafe.net%2Fthreads%2Ftransfer-tweets-summer-2017-keep-it-on-topic.429443%2Fpage-252

COPE: Ronaldo called Zidane to tell him that he wants to leave.

This is going to drag on for a while. At least we got Lindelof in before CRexit temporarily stalled talk of any other incoming transfers.

Whether CR leaves Spain or not, whether we re-sign him or not (we won't), there are other areas we do need to make signings in. I hope these are being worked on while the media focus their Sauron's Eye on the Ronaldo situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

stankratz wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/tjcope/status/876460612330586112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redcafe.net%2Fthreads%2Ftransfer-tweets-summer-2017-keep-it-on-topic.429443%2Fpage-252

COPE: Ronaldo called Zidane to tell him that he wants to leave.

This is going to drag on for a while. At least we got Lindelof in before CRexit temporarily stalled talk of any other incoming transfers.

Whether CR leaves Spain or not, whether we re-sign him or not (we won't), there are other areas we do need to make signings in. I hope these are being worked on while the media focus their Sauron's Eye on the Ronaldo situation.

tumblr_kpow8oLDpP1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A Bola the Portuguese newspaper which broke the story that Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid and Spain, now say Ronaldo told Jorge Mendes to do whatever it takes to get him back to Manchester United.

Ronaldo skipped his MOTM interview cause he was "receiving treatment" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A newspaper article today reported that stories about Ronaldo returning to Man United even if totally unfounded = $$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

FutureGuy wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Futureguy: At last. Welcome, Astradave. As you no doubt have guessed, I am Futureguy.

Astradave: It's an honor to meet you.

Futureguy: No, the honor is mine. Please, come. Sit.

morpheus_neo2.jpg

I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole? Hm?

Astradave: You could say that.

Futureguy: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting it to happen. Do you believe in fate, Astradave?

Astradave: No

Futureguy: Why not?

Astradave: Because I don't like to think United are not in control of their fate. Ronaldo is a United legend who loves the club and Duncan says it's happening. Not fate, just facts. Right? Right?

Futureguy: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something.

What you know you can't explain. But you feel it. You feel it every season. That there's something wrong with the transfer gossip. You don't know what it is but it's there, like a splinter in your mind driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Astradave: Is Ronaldo really signing?

Futureguy: Do you want to know why it is like this? Ronaldo signing is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room on twitter. You can see it when you look on Skysports or when read the papers. You can feel it when you go online, when you listen to the Sunday supplement, when you read the posts of hopefuls on boards.ie. It is the deception that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Astradave: What truth?

Futureguy: That Ronald is not signing, Astradave. Like everyone else you were born into lies, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. The media. A prison for your mind....a lie to sell papers one Sunday, a lie to get a better contract, a lie to get you renew your season ticket. Unfortunately, no one can be told the truth about Ronaldo signing. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. Ronaldo. Messi. Dier. All signing in the morning. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes... Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more...

matrix-neo-red-pill-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg[

Futureguy: Follow me...

matrixwake-e1340670601816-465x271.png

cristiano-ronaldo-2-3456-46.jpg

Crying laughing reading that, brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Nothing to do with tranfers but what an ad by nike. Some generation of greats in it

I scrolled past this a number of times and thought "what the fcuk has Nick Cage got to do with United."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Take my money got dam it!!

Come Home CR!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Take my money got dam it!!

Come Home CR!!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I scrolled past this a number of times and thought "what the fcuk has Nick Cage got to do with United."

I'm not quoting the other long post but it's legendary! Thanks for including me in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I dont believe it..... LordTSC posted a gif it really is silly season.

So he had a chance to say it was all nonsense and decided not to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ronaldo is drowning out all other news. Barkley, Coentrao on Deadline day again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cristiano Ronaldo - Club After Summer Transfer Window

The above market is on Paddy Power

Manchester United @ 4/1 I stuck a 10er on just in case :)

giphy.gif

And when he doesn't sign :D

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Yeah, the Woodward Treatment

mOw5ej.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I honestly think you can get 4 more years out of Ronaldo. How much does the worlds best player cost at the age of 32?

It's a financial dilemma for United. From a fans point of view I don't care as long as we get him back. From a managers point of view you would be mad not to want him even if you had to adjust your plans.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I honestly think you can get 4 more years out of Ronaldo. How much does the worlds best player cost at the age of 32?

It's a financial dilemma for United. From a fans point of view I don't care as long as we get him back. From a managers point of view you would be mad not to want him even if you had to adjust your plans.

£130m is being touted. Imo that's a bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

astradave wrote: »
    £130m is being touted. Imo that's a bargain

buying a player for more than we sold at the ending part of his career is not a bargain

• Advertisement

The latest claim is United will offer £183 million plus De Gea for Ronaldo and Morata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

RobertKK wrote: »
    The latest claim is United will offer £183 million plus De Gea for Ronaldo and Morata.

That seems a bit high - I would see De Gea and Morata as broadly the same (or a little more even for De Gea) given the fees talked about to date - which would be £183-200m just for Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

As much as i love to see ronny come home I can't see it happening .

I don't think his looking for a new contract from real however I think he wants real to pull a few strings and get them to get charges to disappear or reduced. And /Or to pay any fines . Playing the i leave if ye don't sort it out.

On another note as I said i love him even after he left and even after he said he was a slave . But he does this ever season at real . I going to leave and them o look a new contract . If I was a rm fan i think i be pissed off with this same bulls**te ever year . Rooney did it twice and I still not forgiven him lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

GSPfan wrote: »
    How much does the worlds best player cost at the age of 32?

Who knows what Messi will cost in 3 years time??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I'd be very sad if Dave leaves

• Advertisement

From Tuttosport.. notorious bull****ters

buying a player for more than we sold at the ending part of his career is not a bargain

opinionated.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Who knows what Messi will cost in 3 years time??

Your premise depends on hin reclaiming the crown of best player in the world between now and then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

One thing Blaise Matuidi is not is a defensive midfielder....could do an average job for a season or two as a squad option but not good enough if Utd have eyes on trying to win title next season or progress well in CL.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Your premise depends on hin reclaiming the crown of best player in the world between now and then

Nah. My premise is that Ronaldo had a cracking year in 2016 winning both the CL and Euro's etc and deservedly won the Ballon d'Or but as of right now I personally don't think he's the best player in the world. I think he's still a fantastic player and is adapting his game to minimise the fact he will be 33 in Feb and his physical attributes are inevitably declining. I've no doubt he will successfully extend his career in the same way Dani Alves has but is he right now the best player in the world Vs a peak 29 year old Messi? No way Jose ;)

Also, given the success of having a 35 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic up front last season the pathway for Ronaldo to return as a relatively young 32/33 year old is well established.

Nah. My premise is that Ronaldo had a cracking year in 2016 winning both the CL and Euro's etc and deservedly won the Ballon d'Or but as of right now I personally don't think he's the best player in the world. I think he's still a fantastic player and is adapting his game to minimise the fact he will be 33 in Feb and his physical attributes are inevitably declining. I've no doubt he will successfully extend his career in the same way Dani Alves has but is he right now the best player in the world Vs a peak 29 year old Messi? No way Jose ;)

Ronaldo scored in 6 of his last 7 games for Portugal, got an assist today.
    12 goals in his last 7 games for Portugal and 2 assists.
    2 goals in the CL final.

He is past it and not the best right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I kind of wish this Ronaldo story hadn't come about. We're setting ourselves up for a Summer of disappointment. It makes no sense to leave your boyhood and CL winning club to go to a struggling 6th place one.

Ronaldo scored in 6 of his last 7 games for Portugal, got an assist today.
    12 goals in his last 7 games for Portugal and 2 assists.
    2 goals in the CL final.

He is past it and not the best right now...

Do yourself a favour and check out the facts - http://messivsronaldo.net

Do yourself a favour and check out the facts - http://messivsronaldo.net

How much is your hosting?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement