Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Do yourself a favour and check out the facts - http://messivsronaldo.net

Yeah Ronaldo won with his international team, the CL and La Liga and the Ballon d'or in the past 12 months.
    Messi won a Copa del Rey.
    Facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

astradave wrote: »
    How much is your hosting?

Tut tut AD, you should know better, see point #11 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1096709&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So in ten less games ronaldo has 4 less assists and 6 less goals then a peak 29 year old obviously he is on the decline.

Still we not signing him tho my hat lives to fight another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Tut tut AD, you should know better, see point #11 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1096709&postcount=1

Tut tut you should read what you are posting, that's the charter for design ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Barca should put in a bid for Ronnie. Just to see how he'd work with Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

RobertKK wrote: »
    The latest claim is United will offer £183 million plus De Gea for Ronaldo and Morata.

Take De Gea out of that equation and it's close, still a bit pricey though.

£183m PLUS De Gea and its madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That seems a bit high - I would see De Gea and Morata as broadly the same (or a little more even for De Gea) given the fees talked about to date - which would be £183-200m just for Ronaldo.

De Gea is the best (or second best) in the world in his position. Morata despite being a very good player is not. He wasn't even the first choice in his position at his own club. De Gea should be worth more IMHO.

jayo26 wrote: »
    So in ten less games ronaldo has 4 less assists and 6 less goals then a peak 29 year old

Time to replace the battery in your calculator there Jayo. Its 12 less goals in 6 less games.

Ronaldo-Vs-Messi1497822673.png

Are you the Boards equivalent of Sean Spicer advancing "Alternative Facts"???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

v3ttel wrote: »
    De Gea is the best (or second best) in the world in his position. Morata despite being a very good player is not. He wasn't even the first choice in his position at his own club. De Gea should be worth more IMHO.

He should be, but sadly it's a fact that strikers are valued way higher than goalkeepers. For whatever reason, that's what the ,arrest dictates.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah Ronaldo won with his international team, the CL and La Liga and the Ballon d'or in the past 12 months.
    Messi won a Copa del Rey.
    Facts.

Exactly, it's in the past. The here and now Ronaldo approaching 33 in Feb ain't that same player. Just sayin :P

Exactly, it's in the past. The here and now Ronaldo approaching 33 in Feb ain't that same player. Just sayin :P

Messi is approaching 31 next June.. will he be the same player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

33 in February is factual but do most people start talking about an upcoming birthday 8 months in advance?

Messi is approaching 31 next June.. will he be the same player?

Both Messi and Ronaldo will be "approaching" 75 next June but unfortunately for your argument AD on June 1st 2018 Messi will be 29 and Ronaldo will be 33.

Are you and Jayo using the same calculator?

Liam O wrote: »
    33 in February is factual but do most people start talking about an upcoming birthday 8 months in advance?

Nah, it's best to pretend these things won't happen, especially when you're signing a player to a multi year contract.

Would genuienly love to see a 33 year old Ronaldo having a crack a Stoke away on a wet Sunday in March next year.

Both Messi and Ronaldo will be "approaching" 75 next June but unfortunately for your argument AD on June 1st 2018 Messi will be 29 and Romaldo will be 33.

Are you and Jayo using the same calculator?

Maybe you need to check your facts.. Messi is 30 on the 24th June 2017 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ugh.

Maybe you need to check your facts.. Messi is 30 on the 24th June 2017 ;)

What part of "June 1st" in my post didn't you understand. I tried to use small words and everything.

Ah well. It's not fair I continue this conversation.

Thankfully Luis Suarez won the Ballon d'Or before either of Messi or Ronaldo ;)

What part of "June 1st" in my post didn't you understand. I tried to use small words and everything.

You stated June 1st 2018 so I understood you perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus the Ronaldo/Messi again.. Can't both players be appreciated without the back and forth childish dick swinging.

Change the record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Will he still be 29 on June 1st 2020?

Maybe read what you post before spouting nonsense in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A wild Liverpool Fan appears debating that Lionel Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo in a Manchester United thread.

It really is a slow transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

now read that again and then play the you are intelligent card... ;)

Time to replace the battery in your calculator there Jayo. Its 12 less goals in 6 less games.

Ronaldo-Vs-Messi1497822673.png

Are you the Boards equivalent of Sean Spicer advancing "Alternative Facts"???

Haha **** it few beers and all them numbers looks the same to me I definitely read them statistic wrong.

Still your statistics are pretty lame your comparing a 32 year old versus a seemingly at his peak 29 year old and all that's splitting them is a minute goals per game advantage.

Now the worst part for yoyrself is that you took your time our to compare all these because **** all excitement is happening on your own side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He should be, but sadly it's a fact that strikers are valued way higher than goalkeepers. For whatever reason, that's what the ,arrest dictates.

That's a fair point. Even accounting for the fact that strikers seem to go for a lot more money, I would still argue that the one of the top two keepers in the world should be worth more than a striker that isn't even the best at his own club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jersey sales for Ronaldo returning would be sky high, losing DeGea will be tough if he does go Ronaldo in a United Shirt on the cover of Fifa 18 would he something to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Did you have a glass of bucks fizz with your dinner or something?

Yer fierce giddy this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40287173

Article from BBC on why Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar have all landed in hot water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Jersey sales for Ronaldo returning would be sky high, losing DeGea will be tough if he does go Ronaldo in a United Shirt on the cover of Fifa 18 would he something to see.

Jersey sales......yep, big plus from a fan POV.
    Seeing Ronaldo in a United shirt on the cover of FIFA18 would be amazing alright.......probably more so then seeing United win a league/CL double.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40287173

Article from BBC on why Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar have all landed in hot water

If they played football in league of Ireland no one would notice they didn't pay enough tax and when they did it would be ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

pjohnson wrote: »
    A wild Liverpool Fan appears debating that Lionel Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo in a Manchester United thread.

It really is a slow transfer window.

It's just in case we do actually sign him

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVfhrV5lkGr/

Phil Jones also got married this week it's been a busy week for united players.

You will be glad to know that he only suffered one broken bone while doing rock the boat with family and friends.

Ps. I love the shoulders in her dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVfhrV5lkGr/

Phil Jones also got married this week it's been a busy week for united players.

You will be glad to know that he only suffered one broken bone while doing rock the boat with family and friends.

Ps. I love the shoulders in her dress.

theres hope for a lot of us after seeing that.but then again a pig with a big wallet could find marriage also.

bassy wrote: »
    theres hope for a lot of us after seeing that.but then again a pig with a big wallet could find marriage also.

Some people just can't help been nasty and bitter? Chin up.

Some people just can't help been nasty and bitter? Chin up.

far from nasty or bitter,just telling how a lot of it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Begrudging the happiness of someone you've never met :rolleyes: I've read it all now.

far from nasty or bitter,just telling how a lot of it is.

And why would you think Phil Jones needs money to get a wife?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Begrudging the happiness of someone you've never met :rolleyes: I've read it all now.

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh quiet please on the 17th hole

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh quiet please on the 17th hole

Not even close..

• Advertisement

And why would you think Phil Jones needs money to get a wife?

move on please,back to us open.

move on please,back to us open.

Haha see nasty and bitter.

Phil-_Jones-gurning-face-as-_Sergio-_Aguero-scores.jpg

tumblr_kpow8oLDpP1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

Top contribution. For the effort you went to to get the image, host it and then post it in here, I gave you a thanks. You deserved at least one from somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Between Giggs being a nothing footballer and this. They're really out in force this off season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

At this stage I'd still think the odds are very much against Utd signing Ronaldo. But lets say the transfer did go ahead. I'm hearing a lot of talk that Man Utd will still pursue Morata. But would he really be needed? Surely Ronaldo would be signed to play the No. 9 position? Also unless Madrid sign M'Bappe (or someone else) Morata will move up in the pecking order at Real. So he might not be as keen as he previously was to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Ibra didn't do to badly at 35. jUst Sayin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At this stage I'd still think the odds are very much against Utd signing Ronaldo. But lets say the transfer did go ahead. I'm hearing a lot of talk that Man Utd will still pursue Morata. But would he really be needed? Surely Ronaldo would be signed to play the No. 9 position? Also unless Madrid sign M'Bappe (or someone else) Morata will move up in the pecking order at Real. So he might not be as keen as he previously was to move on.

Yeah, I don't see us getting Ronaldo AND Morata. I think we would want another striker, but we'd be back to discussing a cheaper alternative, akin to Hernandez for €10m or along those lines.

Only 2 weeks to the start of pre season :):):) quick summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Personally Ronaldo is a dream signing, don't see it happening though as he is Madrid and is far too important to them. Anyone questioning his age is being ignorant or disingenuous. He has at least 4 seasons and one more Ballon in him. Besides he is a goldmine and Madrid will stump up his tax bill as he is worth far more than the extra €14M to them. Currently it's just a 'no-one is bigger than the club response but in reality he is a different. Their whole image is built around him and they knew what they were getting when deciding this. A huge ego with brilliant financial advice who know his worth. Ronaldo has always gotten his way and will continue to do so.

Besides Jose has a plan, and it never involved Ronnie. He will be livid with this distraction I bet. Can see him repeating the 'Ed has my transfer list' rhetoric real soon. And tbh one of his main gripes at Chelsea/Madrid imo was being told who to sign by people who know little to nothing about his team/ plans. United are different supposedly which is why he admired them from afar. Now if the club force this signing on him without his approval I can see the three season cycle happening again imo.

Then again that might all be B.S. and he really wants Ronnie at the club and is begging Ed to make it happen. What do I know or even so called journalists who have pieces to write regardless of what the truth actually is

• LOL just caught up on the FutureGuy post
    Glorious

Personally Ronaldo is a dream signing, don't see it happening though as he is Madrid and is far too important to them. Anyone questioning his age is being ignorant or disingenuous. He has at least 4 seasons and one more Ballon in him. Besides he is a goldmine and Madrid will stump up his tax bill as he is worth far more than the extra €14M to them. Currently it's just a 'no-one is bigger than the club response but in reality he is a different. Their whole image is built around him and they knew what they were getting when deciding this. A huge ego with brilliant financial advice who know his worth. Ronaldo has always gotten his way and will continue to do so.

Besides Jose has a plan, and it never involved Ronnie. He will be livid with this distraction I bet. Can see him repeating the 'Ed has my transfer list' rhetoric real soon. And tbh one of his main gripes at Chelsea/Madrid imo was being told who to sign by people who know little to nothing about his team/ plans. United are different supposedly which is why he admired them from afar. Now if the club force this signing on him without his approval I can see the three season cycle happening again imo.

Then again that might all be B.S. and he really wants Ronnie at the club and is begging Ed to make it happen. What do I know or even so called journalists who have pieces to write regardless of what the truth actually is

this part here I have absolutely no fear of been true..

No way is Woodward going to force a player on jose no matter who it is I just can't see it happening I haven't got that impression from any transfer to United in a few years.. Even the Falcao deal as extreme as it seemed I think Woodward went to lvg said we can get him on loan.

Also with jose been so close to mendez I believe united know exactly what's going on and what's possible.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement