Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For the record, I think that rumour was the price for Ronaldo AND Morata.

150m - Ronaldo
    90m - Morata

So that figure would value DDG at 65m ish?

You won't get more than 60m for DDG though. As amazing as he is, again I say, goalkeepers quite simply do not get valued as highly as outfield players.

So then for the value he is to our team, don't sell him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Is Jayo26 really 26?

Should be jayo36 these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jayo26 wrote: »

Will Ed Woodward fund the move from jayo26 to jayo36?

J. Marston wrote: »
    I really don't understand how people get sucked into it every summer and this summer he is more transparent than ever.

And (not intended as a shot at anyone, but...) every single year "but it's different this time, didn't seem like this in previous years". It did, but a year is a long time to forget about feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

stankratz wrote: »
    Sexual team goal from United v Bolton, 1995...

https://streamable.com/4za25

That's just filthy, should come with a NSFW warning.

Edit: And yes, that was Terry Cooke!

This game always stuck with me as one of Uniteds best away displays. .

To put it into context, it was like playing away to Everton in an FA cup semi final, winning 3-0 and you could of won by 6!!!

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Will Ed Woodward fund the move from jayo26 to jayo36?

He wont just fund it, he will pay twice the asking price. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

paulbok wrote: »
    Re-reg so.

Lexus Dave doesnt have the same ring to it.

You did get a Lexus right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Should Billy be 96 these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jayop and jayo.

Am I the only one who gets it mixed up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

What everyone sees....
    pjohnson wrote: »
    What does Tahith Chong look like under all that hair?

JS107264343.jpg

What I see....

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jayop and jayo.

There both nice lads, they are both the same in that respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

beakerjoe wrote: »
    There both nice lads, they are both the same in that respect.

Agree.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Perez to make statement this evening. Could knock all this nonsense on the head

Remember...

Sleep_matrix.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Jayop and jayo.

I'd often be reading the other Jay's posts and thinking, I didn't post that :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Lexus Dave doesnt have the same ring to it.

You did get a Lexus right?

Oh.. ehm... Yeah.....

tumblr_lltb49kmBa1qignq2o1_500.gif

Jayop wrote: »
    I'd often be reading the other Jay's posts and thinking, I didn't post that :confused::confused:

Id be often reading your posts and thinking I was thinking this but I didn't type it........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Trip down memory lane,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Watching the Paddy Crerand show on MUTV, one caller rang up and said United are using United for more money, he then went onto say he doesn't watch football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What time is Perez speaking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Trip down memory lane,

I remember watching that on itv at around half ten. Didn't know the score, just mighty it was. One of the first times seeing lee Sharpe, Jesus he was brilliant for that first year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Off topic

Watching the show "Bull" on fox and there's a fella on it he looks like Tony Martials twin

Jayop wrote: »

Ha that's exactly what I'm like when my wife shouts at one of my sons. He has My first name and even though she never shouts at me i always jump and frantically think what could I of done for her to be shouting at me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Does bangkok really have friends in rome?

Never did..

Sky Sources:
    "Man Utd have reservations about pursuing deal to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo.
    Man Utd concerned due to size of fee and excessive media attention for Ronaldo."

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sky Sources:
    Man Utd concerned due to size of fee and excessive media attention for Ronaldo."

Lol.

If he signed first thing on the list is to get that man an emoji

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

astradave wrote: »
    Is Deaddonkey really dead?

I'm alive and well.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/876847991390433280

He is already back at preseason training apparently

Sky Sources:

Sky's sources really have gone to pot, that was reported yesterday all over twitter

Lukekul wrote: »
    Lol.

If he signed first thing on the list is to get that man an emoji

I did smile when I read that on SSN, Ronaldo had a movie about himself, an airport named after himself...then SSN reporting excessive media coverage would be an issue for Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

Drumpot wrote: »
    stankratz wrote: »
    Sexual team goal from United v Bolton, 1995...

https://streamable.com/4za25

That's just filthy, should come with a NSFW warning.

Edit: And yes, that was Terry Cooke!

This game always stuck with me as one of Uniteds best away displays. .

To put it into context, it was like playing away to Everton in an FA cup semi final, winning 3-0 and you could of won by 6!!!

That cantona goal will always be one of my favourites

pjohnson wrote: »
    What does Tahith Chong look like under all that hair?

JS107264343.jpg

All the evidence needed that he will be good...

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Perez made no mention of Ronaldo one way or the other.

Oh and speaking from a personal​ point of view, as someone with a fine memory, it does feel different to me this time.

It may not to others but there's no need for the smug dismissal s either.

adox wrote: »
    Perez made no mention of Ronaldo one way or the other.

Oh and speaking from a personal​ point of view, as someone with a fine memory, it does feel different to me this time.

It may not to others but there's no need for the smug dismissal s either.

I dont doubt it feels different but I just don't see him coming back to United my gut tells me he will go to psg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I dont doubt it feels different but I just don't see him coming back to United my gut tells me he will go to psg.

I'm talking about him leaving Madrid. It feels like it has a lot more legs this time than in previous years so you and me hold the same opinion probably.

I'm addressing the people who are saying "I can't believe people are falling for it again" and "you say it feels different this time but that's said every year".

Should Billy be 96 these days?

I'm 31 years old. :(

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    I'm talking about him leaving Madrid. It feels like it has a lot more legs this time than in previous years so you and me hold the same opinion probably.

I'm addressing the people who are saying "I can't believe people are falling for it again" and "you say it feels different this time but that's said every year".

Ah yeh I get you. To be honest it makes sense for Madrid to sell him this summer too but they won't admit that.

They will probably sell ronaldo and replace him with an 18 year old wonder kid that they can market the sh1t out of and build him up the madrid way and in a few years if his talent is as good as it looks he will be just as marketable for them as ronaldo was.

Graham Hunter said Ronaldo will not return to United due to the weather and Mourinho.
    But Hunter makes out the climate is the main reason he won't return. I think Ronaldo if he does want to leave and return to United that he will have a specific goal in mind - return the club to top of the PL, challenging at the competitive end of the CL and break the all time scoring record.
    I think if he wants that challenge he will put the weather aside for the chance of being the undisputed greatest player of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm 31 years old. :(

hqdefault.jpg

31 years old? Fook sake you're only a kid.

Which reminds me.....

images.duckduckgo.com.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Perez seems to have been pushing a "we love Ronaldo, we do" tone in interviews tonight so I wouldn't be shocked if this saga is drawing to a close, one way or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Summary of the Perez interview:
    Everything regarding Cristiano's recent news about leaving I heard over the news.
    Cristiano has a contract and he is a Real Madrid player.
    I still did not speak with Cristiano. Everything I heard, I heard it from the news.
    (referring to Cristiano's situation) Life gives you unexpected situations but you have to deal with it and find a solution.
    All of this is very strange but Cristiano is a good guy and I'm going to talk to him and find out what's happening.
    Part of the basic taxes is that you comply with them and I'm sure Cristiano has always wanted to do this.
    Cristiano has the same corporate structure (finance) as he had in England without facing any problems for years.
    It affected me how the media treated Cristiano after the tax allegation; the fact that he is innocent was not respected at all.
    I will always defend Cristiano as a footballer and as a person, he is a good person, very supportive.
    Cristiano is not only a great footballer; he also contributed great work to the community.
    I am sure that Cristiano has complied well with his tax duties. This is just a confusion that will soon be clear.
    I am sure that Cristiano wouldn't want us paying his tax fine. Even if we offered to, he won't allow it.
    I heard about Cristiano leaving because everyone I knew had sent me A Bola's cover page.
    The last time I spoke with Cristiano was in Cardiff. This whole tax issue happened after the Final.
    What I know is that Cristiano's lawyers came out and gave all the explanations that were needed by the treasury.
    Real Madrid and I have had some troubles with the Spanish Treasury and we have won some of those in court.
    At this moment, I did not hear from Cristiano. When the Confederations Cup is over, we will talk about it
    I don't think that Spain's Treasury felt obliged to check Cristiano's income after Messi's tax fraud.
    All I know is that Cristiano is angry with the media's treatment. We're finding a solution that will make everyone happy.
    Cristiano did not want to cheat his way out of it because he presented his income to the Spanish Treasury a few weeks ago.
    I never told Cristiano to bring me an offer if he wants to leave. We're delighted with him as a person and as a player.
    Cristiano feels wounded and he has good reason. There was never a tension between us, if he's sad it's certainly not from me.
    Cristiano isn't going behind the money. He just wants to be the best player in the world.
    I haven't spoken to Cristiano yet but what I understand is that he's not being treated well in this country (Spain)
    If Cristiano wants to leave Real Madrid, it won't be about money. His release clause is set at €1 billion
    I think that the media haven't respected Cristiano on this issue. He's being labelled as a tax fraud.
    PSG's owner is my friend and he has not called me regarding Cristiano. No one has called me for Cristiano.
    We haven't received any offer for Cristiano or for anyone including Morata and James.
    What we want for next season is to keep everyone and that's including James.
    I have a good relationship and a good friendship with Cristiano and I want to talk to him.
    At the Bernabéu, there's a group of people, which I think they are wrong, who whistle players.
    If the whistles continue at the Bernabéu towards our players, there will be future players who won't want to come.
    I already said this before, Mbappé was born to play for Real Madrid.
    We will talk to Cristiano after the Confederations Cup. It's not true that Zidane already spoke to him.
    Not me nor the club contemplate the idea that Cristiano may leave Real Madrid.
    Cristiano is part of Real Madrid's history. He's at the same height as Di Stéfano was for Real Madrid.
    Nadal didn't recommend that I sign Asensio. I asked a favor to speak with his uncle and close his signing.
    Zidane does not want any player to leave.
    Cristiano wasn't just a business, he is part of Real Madrid's history now.
    We didn't sign Mbappé before because he wasn't even 16. It's safe to say he'll be one of the best and we're following him.
    No one from the team came to me and asked me to keep Keylor for another season. But I know that they love him, this I know.
    Donnarumma? It seems to me that he has very good manners.
    It seems that Coentrão will be leaving to Portugal to join Sporting Lisbon
    I told Mendes (Pepe's agent) that I'd like to give Pepe a nice farewell, one that he deserves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Summary of the Perez interview:

He's pretty intent on landing Mbappe, the usual Madrid tactics all out en force.
    As I said before, Ronaldo's going nowhere, but he continues to go down in my estimation as a United fan for constantly using us as a make weight in his hissy fit negotiations with Real Madrid.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    He's pretty intent on landing Mbappe, the usual Madrid tactics all out en force.
    As I said before, Ronaldo's going nowhere, but he continues to go down in my estimation as a United fan for constantly using us as a make weight in his hissy fit negotiations with Real Madrid.

The interview by Perez was a lot of words without a lot of substance, he hasn't talked to Ronaldo and neither has Zidane.
    He didn't actually say it is not true that Ronaldo wants to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The interview by Perez was a lot of words without a lot of substance, he hasn't talked to Ronaldo and neither has Zidane.
    He didn't actually say it is not true that Ronaldo wants to leave.

The most telling part was him saying that if Ronaldo was to leave it wouldn't be over money.
    Historically these instances of Ronaldo getting into a huff in Madrid for not "feeling loved" or feeling "unappreciated", typically tend to be solved by good old uncle Florentino and his amazing chequebook which has incredible Ronaldo calming qualities. "I'll go back to United, those bozo's cheered everything I did", then hey presto there's a new wing on Ronaldo's villa.

Now call me cynical, but I would be gobsmacked should this issue not be solved the same way.

United need to focus on the signings we need to make to strengthen for next season. Those players need to bed in during the pre season and not be cast aside in the vain hope of resigning a player who was desperate to leave us in 2009. That mistake was made in 2013 and we got no business done bar Fellaini on deadline day and then we went on to have a nightmare season which we still haven't recovered from.

If Ronaldo wants to come back great, but he has to do the running if he want 's to make it happen.

Glazers Out!

Some transfer news for yiz to wake up to :D
    https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/876998154561998848
    Man Utd are still in talks with Real Madrid for Morata. And trying to convince F. Perez to sell him. Agreement reached with Álvaro. 🇪🇸 #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

From Perez interview it seems he is going to play hardball selling Morata.....hope Utd have another few coals in the fire that they are not necessarily revealing as Striker targets cos to me the whole Morata thing looks like turning into a fiasco.

From Perez interview it seems he is going to play hardball selling Morata.....hope Utd have another few coals in the fire that they are not necessarily revealing as Striker targets cos to me the whole Morata thing looks like turning into a fiasco.

He's just playing up to his people, making it known he doesn't want to sell anyone and if they leave it's because they wanted to.. In his eyes Real don't sell players, players leave Real ( if that makes sense, might be a bit early )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

nullzero wrote: »
    The most telling part was him saying that if Ronaldo was to leave it wouldn't be over money.
    Historically these instances of Ronaldo getting into a huff in Madrid for not "feeling loved" or feeling "unappreciated", typically tend to be solved by good old uncle Florentino and his amazing chequebook which has incredible Ronaldo calming qualities. "I'll go back to United, those bozo's cheered everything I did", then hey presto there's a new wing on Ronaldo's villa.

Now call me cynical, but I would be gobsmacked should this issue not be solved the same way.

United need to focus on the signings we need to make to strengthen for next season. Those players need to bed in during the pre season and not be cast aside in the vain hope of resigning a player who was desperate to leave us in 2009. That mistake was made in 2013 and we got no business done bar Fellaini on deadline day and then we went on to have a nightmare season which we still haven't recovered from.

If Ronaldo wants to come back great, but he has to do the running if he want 's to make it happen.

Now I don't believe Ronaldo will leave, and I certainly don't believe it would be to us if he did, but the man is one of the richest sportsmen in the world, there comes a point where it probably isn't about money.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Now I don't believe Ronaldo will leave, and I certainly don't believe it would be to us if he did, but the man is one of the richest sportsmen in the world, there comes a point where it probably isn't about money.

The point is when he's wrung as much money out of it as he can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The point is when he's wrung as much money out of it as he can.

Meh, if I could go to my manager and tell him that I was interested in moving to a different company in order to get a pay rise damn right I would do it, same as every single person on the planet. Why should Ronaldo or any other footballer be held to a higher standard than we would apply to ourselves?

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Meh, if I could go to my manager and tell him that I was interested in moving to a different company in order to get a pay rise damn right I would do it, same as every single person on the planet. Why should Ronaldo or any other footballer be held to a higher standard than we would apply to ourselves?

I don't in the slightest. I just don't buy into some of the romanticised nonsense around Ronaldo and United in the papers and amongst some people. That's all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement