Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/CmdotCom_En/status/877168960394997760

Juve looking to Darmian as Alves replacement.

Hi juventus.

We paid ye 90m for pogba. Darmian will cost ye 30m please.

Thank you
    Man Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I saw people saying last night that it feels like Spain needs cash, so is hitting as many rich people as they can for money :/

Maybe Jose and Ronaldo can bond over this :P

EDIT: Of course, it's also another Mendes clinet being hit for tax fraud too. There's a common link...

Rumor has it Ronaldo hasn't done anything wrong. Even though he was not due to pay taxes on his image rights (deemed foreign earnings) he apparently paid some to avoid any indiscretions in the future. The Spanish authorities are supposedly very hungry right now and operate unethically at times many feel.

They changed the law on image rights to now say not all of them are foreign earnings but instead of taxing them going forward they have apparently retroactively apllied this law to past earnings and are going after the very rich, opening tax evasion cases and such, they especially like high profile stars. Thats a very dirty trick if true imo

To stay ahead of this Ronaldo made a voluntary payment using the new guidelines. The new guidelines make about 10% of his image rights liable for Spanish tax and Ronaldo actually paid 20% (To cover things like penalty charges).

Now they have changed the goalposts again and are wanting to collect tax on even more of the foreign earnings.

I can understand why CR7 is angry and feels personally targeted and wants to leave, I'm sure the whistling and booing from Madrid fans didn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Cotts72 wrote: »

And apparently he will be the first summer signing. I wouldn't be too quick to beileve that article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

We would miss Darmian. Hes not gunna be first choice right or left but he is a more than adequate back up on both sides. That versatility is quite hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hate all the comparisons to fergie its over its a new period of management.

If shanked was still alive and in charge of Liverpool fergie wouldn't of lasted more then four years with united.

Ronaldo if he ends up coming back great if he doesn't hopefully we sign out striker target and if it's morata I've no doubt he will be a success.

Think it's a fair enough comparison. assuming the story with Ronaldo is true, I'm sure it would be more weightful if Ferguson was still in charge. The two have a great bond and massive respect.

The same cannot be said between Jose and Ronaldo, so I think it's a pretty apt comparison, albeit completely pointless.

Obviously it was just said at the time as a big of a pride thing, not wanting to accept anywhere is bigger then United, but Fergie did warn him the grass sin't always greener. And while he has gone on to great things, win great things, achieve great records, I don't think he'd ever get the adoration and legendary status he would have enjoyed at United. Maybe somewhere deep down he's regretted it for some time, or that there is truth in that part of the story.

His name is still sung by our fans at games, while those ungrateful ratbag fans whistle and boo him.

Be ultimately sweet football if he came back and we got to a CL final against Madrid where he buried them for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I think Juve have been in touch and that's why the Semedo links have popped back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

pjohnson wrote: »
    We would miss Darmian. Hes not gunna be first choice right or left but he is a more than adequate back up on both sides. That versatility is quite hard to find.

I'm his biggest critic but he showed something at the end of last season that would make me annoyed to lose him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Should we not try and get bonucci if the want darmian, we can play 3 at the back.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm his biggest critic but he showed something at the end of last season that would make me annoyed to lose him.

He was excellent in Europa Cup final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/CmdotCom_En/status/877168960394997760

Juve looking to Darmian as Alves replacement.

ugh.

**** off Juve

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They can finance the Semedo deal if true. We don't need to sell so I expect a decent fee for him if he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

astradave wrote: »
    I think Juve have been in touch and that's why the Semedo links have popped back up

I reckon united were gonna hold off on Semedo till next year but recent interest from barca and bayern may have forced their hand

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

When it comes to transfers, United and if they do or do not want Ronaldo, I think it is like Mata last year, oh he was out the door, some were convinced, Mourinho didn't rate him, blah, blah, blah...
    We can only what we have to do anyway, wait and see what United do, the speculation, rumours and the discussion is the fun bit once business is getting done behind the scenes.
    Mourinho doesn't want Ronaldo, is in the same category as Mourinho doesn't want Mata. The only questions about about Ronaldo are: will he leave, and if he does leave where will he go.

In the meantime, we have got a centre back and as for the rest, we don't really know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

mars_1415709c.jpg

Hopefully you won't mind me outing you, just want to say a big congrats to our very own Mars Bar on latest coaching qualification. Your starting to run out of badges to do ;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

mars_1415709c.jpg

Hopefully you won't mind me outing you, just want to say a big congrats to our very own Mars Bar on latest coaching qualification. Your starting to run out of badges to do ;)

Congrats mars well done.

One of the most knowledgeable and likeable posters in here after myself :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Congrats mars well done.

One of the most knowledgeable and likeable posters in here after myself myselves :):):)

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Juventus - History of signing good players for next to nothing.
    Man United - History of selling good players for next to nothing.

Darmian to Juventus will probably be a free transfer so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Congrats mars well done.

One of the most knowledgeable and likeable posters in here after myself :):):)

And me.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    fyp

Stealing my flipping thanks ffs.

And me.

Your dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Your dead

As is good grammar. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

adox wrote: »

I thought same.

Pogba doing some amount of promotional work for adidas in china..

My grammar was never with us in first place I have never pretend that it was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

So who is the better right back ....Semedo or Fabinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Personally I would be happy to give Darmian another shot at the right back berth and if we get another defender make it a left back.

Fabinho would be better as a DM though he can play RB to a high standard. Semedo is probably better as a FB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

We need right backs that can provide an extra attacking outlet to support our wingers who were too often doubled up on last season, I don't think Darmian offers that. He is sound defensively though and for many games where we will be playing more defensively that will be exactly what we need. Great squad player regardless and good cover for both left and right back. I'd be disappointed to see him leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Id really really not like to see darmian move I think he is a soldier full back on left or right he is valuable that the team.

Can also do a job at Centre back if we were stuck. Priceless versatility - it might take two signings to replace that level of cover.

Can understand he might want to leave himself if it guaranteed first team football however, which is what worries me. If Darmian leaves, we 100% need a new left back as Shaw is the only tenable long-term option there imo, and arguably cover for right back as well (if they can't play both)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mars_1415709c.jpg

Thank you! :D

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/manchester-united-would-cristiano-ronaldos-10655347

Duncan Castles continues to say Ronaldo is top of the list for the striker role.
    While Ronaldo has been elevated to the top of their recruitment list for the simple reason that he is by some margin the best forward actively seeking to switch clubs, there is a degree of scepticism over their ability to secure a deal with Madrid following a series of historic failures.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

http://www.football-italia.net/104461/madrid-milan-€60m-james

Madrid have reportedly accepted a bid of €60m from Milan for James, but he is holding out from accepting himself as he wants to join us, apparently.

Valencia currently better than both at the moment, but i would prefer fabinho as he can play a few positions

Madrid have reportedly accepted a bid of €60m from Milan for James, but he is holding out from accepting himself as he wants to join us, apparently.

Perez said no one was leaving :p

But then went onto say Coentrao was going to Sporting Lisbon.

bangkok wrote: »
    Valencia currently better than both at the moment, but i would prefer fabinho as he can play a few positions

At what exactly?

i would actually like to know how you came to that. I personally believe thats rose tinted glasses speaking.

astradave wrote: »
    At what exactly?

i would actually like to know how you came to that. I personally believe thats rose tinted glasses speaking.

He is a better defender than both, better at bringing the ball out of defense with pace. Stronger than both, quicker than both.

Also it takes a great player to win the man utd player of the year award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He is a better defender than both, better at bringing the ball out of defense with pace. Stronger than both, quicker than both.

You've watched Fabinho play right back a lot this season then?

Catch a lot of Benfica games too?

Liam O wrote: »
    You've watched Fabinho play right back a lot this season then?

Catch a lot of Benfica games too?

Most games ive seen monaco play fabinho was playing in midfield.

Seen semedo play a few times for benfica and thats where i made my judgement.

You must have seen them more than me if you think they are both better than valencia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd take him for that kind of fee.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

So pogbas agent gets to keep the 41m. Football is sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

M!Ck^ wrote: »

If the stuff about Raiola is true then the amount he was paid was basically a back hander from Juve to attract Pogba in the first place. If i was pogba or any of his clients I'd be considering who is representing me going forward. By all means it worked out for Pogba but it seems like Fergie had the the right idea about Raiolas intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Personally I would be happy to give Darmian another shot at the right back berth and if we get another defender make it a left back.

Valencia is a far better player than Darmian. Darmian is easily replaced

So pogbas agent gets to keep the 41m. Football is sick

Sure he had a contract that entitled him to it?? No one can take it from him they can just punish him and juventus for breaking rules if they have been broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sure he had a contract that entitled him to it?? No one can take it from him they can just punish him and juventus for breaking rules if they have been broken.

Its just sick that he is hired by both man utd and juventus at the same time to do a deal that makes him ****loads of money. He is trying to make as much money for juventus by screwing over united yet united have to pay him loads of money to do a deal. It just stinks. 41m for one deal!!! He probably had feck all to do as well. A few phone calls, flight to america to see pogba, flight to italy and probably a meeting in london. Football agents are rotten to the core. A bit like politicians

He was paid 21.5m euro a season at real!!!! Wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Isn't modric up for the tax issue as well?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement