Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

bangkok wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i much preferred Cantona over rooney as well

Is that supposed to be a controversial opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Giggsy11 wrote: »

stop changing the subject. You said city hadnt discussed it when they had

stop changing the subject. You said city hadnt discussed it when they had

You are such a random guy, knew it before that I made a mistake replying to your post. It wasn't me who changed the subject, you did by posting some **** about Cantona.

In the article you posted, it didn't mention anything about discussing with Rooney, more about discussing about Rooney as a target..

meh, I'm not arsed to go through the same posts again and again.

For the last time, it doesn't matter whether he discussed or not, in the end he stayed and gave his best years for ManUtd. That's what matters. If discussing with City makes him any lesser Legend then players like Law, Great Dane, Cole aren't Legends at all.

You are such a random guy, knew it before that I made a mistake replying to your post. It wasn't me who changed the subject, you did by posting some **** about Cantona.

In the article you posted, it didn't mention anything about discussing with Rooney, more about discussing about Rooney as a target..

meh, I'm not arsed to go through the same posts again and again.

For the last time, it doesn't matter whether he discussed or not, in the end he stayed and gave his best years for ManUtd. That's what matters. If discussing with City makes him any lesser Legend then players like Law, Great Dane, Cole aren't Legends at all.

he is a legend no doubt about it, will just never be a fans favourite in the same way Cantona, Ronaldo or Beckham were

he is a legend no doubt about it, will just never be a fans favourite in the same way Cantona, Ronaldo or Beckham were

Again one more random statement with nothing to back it up. I mean about Ronaldo.

Is this Internet fans favourite or match going fans favourite? Because Rooney's name is chanted regularly at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

i much preferred Cantona over rooney as well
    stop changing the subject.

Its like performance art.

Its like performance art.

inception. DiCaprio would be proud of that.

Again one more random statement with nothing to back it up. I mean about Ronaldo.

Is this Internet fans favourite or match going fans favourite? Because Rooney's name is chanted regularly at OT.

away fans last week at Burnley, singing a solid 10mins Viva Ronaldo and He plays on the left song

also are you trying to tell me that Ronaldo is not a fans favourite??!!!! Seriously

Man utd Real Madrid a few years ago in champions league i have never seen an ex player get such a good reception at old trafford.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

away fans last week at Burnley, singing a solid 10mins Viva Ronaldo and He plays on the left song

also are you trying to tell me that Ronaldo is not a fans favourite??!!!! Seriously

He is - his songs are a regular occurrence at away games in the pub beforehand and during the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Love Ronaldo and love Rooney too. Maybe he ain't appreciated like he should be but I know for sure we will be glad we were supporters of the team when Wayne Rooney was at his best.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Love Ronaldo and love Rooney too. Maybe he ain't appreciated like he should be but I know for sure we will be glad we were supporters of the team when Wayne Rooney was at his best.

but who do you love more :)

but who do you love more :)

Roy Keane

jayo26 wrote: »
    Roy Keane

he got knocked out in the 1/4 final. semi was ronaldo v rooney... who is in the final???

he got knocked out in the 1/4 final. semi was ronaldo v rooney... who is in the final???

Diego?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Got to love Herrera, been one of my 3 or so favourite players at the club since his first season. Delighted he's become a permanent fixture in the XI... and bloody finally!

Also a bit random, but I really like it when a foreign language player gets such a good grasp of English - it's silly but just rubs off on me well. Don't mind broken English, but it does grate me a bit when someone plays in a country for years without ever picking up the same language as the rest of his teammates, can't be good for communication.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Got to love Herrera, been one of my 3 or so favourite players at the club since his first season. Delighted he's become a permanent fixture in the XI... and bloody finally!

Also a bit random, but I really like it when a foreign language player gets such a good grasp of English - it's silly but just rubs off on me well. Don't mind broken English, but it does grate me a bit when someone plays in a country for years without ever picking up the same language as the rest of his teammates, can't be good for communication.

Agree but ander was fluent before he ever arrived he a clever little dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He's my favorite player at the club by a distance now and he has to get the armband in the summer. Love the passion he plays with and how much the oppo's hate him is always a good indication of who should be your captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bellotti and Griezmann? Talk about deluded.

It'd actually be hilarious if they spunk the reported €190m on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gotta love the press.

The Mirror: "José tells De Gea he can leave in the Summer"
    The Telegraph: "United face another long battle to keep De Gea from Madrid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Great read, thanks.

“It’s what you’ve always done. You want to play football all the time. Why change? One hundred per cent I view myself as a street footballer. We used to play everywhere when I was a kid. Parking lots over the road, the number of times we got told to come off the school field when school wasn’t open …

LRazrlw.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Jayop wrote: »
    He's my favorite player at the club by a distance now and he has to get the armband in the summer. Love the passion he plays with and how much the oppo's hate him is always a good indication of who should be your captain.

Strange though that Fellaini was given the armband ahead of Herrera for a game a couple of weeks ago.

But yeah, based on the improvement in his game this season he is probably the front runner.

It feels like a poisoned chalice really since Keane left. It feels like we haven't really had a captain who was usually fit to play or who didn't suffer loss of form soon after, or both.

Man utd Real Madrid a few years ago in champions league i have never seen an ex player get such a good reception at old trafford.....

Who told Ronaldo is not a fan favorite? Man you are all over the place.

It was you who said Rooney won't be remembered like Ronaldo, Beckham and someone else.

Meh I'm done with this nonsense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strange though that Fellaini was given the armband ahead of Herrera for a game a couple of weeks ago.

IIRC, Fellaini got it by virtue of being at the club the longest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    Gotta love the press.

The Mirror: "José tells De Gea he can leave in the Summer"
    The Telegraph: "United face another long battle to keep De Gea from Madrid."

Daily mail: Chris Smalling and Phil Jones believe they have been unfairly treated by Jose Mourinho

astradave wrote: »
    Daily mail: Chris Smalling and Phil Jones believe they have been unfairly treated by Jose Mourinho

**** off! Seriously? Smalling, I can just about understand, but Jones has had a brilliant year for him, and if he's feeling hard done by, then the door is there for him. No way that can be true though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We will be spending €500m at this rate

Lord TSC wrote: »
    **** off! Seriously? Smalling, I can just about understand, but Jones has had a brilliant year for him, and if he's feeling hard done by, then the door is there for him. No way that can be true though.

Yeah its about what Jose said recently about them having to be brave after Rojo's injury. The paraphrasing on Sky seems wrong. It's actually united players are upset with his treatment of them

https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/857010111117750276

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Obviously the closer we get to the summer the more transfer stories are going to start ratcheting up - will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Seems obvious that Greizman is the top target - but that it is contingent on us qualifying for the CL (on his part). I wonder if links to Morata, Silva and Mertens are correct, but backup targets in case we don't make the CL and thus not have the possibility of signing Greizman. Mertens and Silva are two recent links that I could only see as backups to any Greizman interest.

Obviously the closer we get to the summer the more transfer stories are going to start ratcheting up - will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Seems obvious that Greizman is the top target - but that it is contingent on us qualifying for the CL (on his part). I wonder if links to Morata, Silva and Mertens are correct, but backup targets in case we don't make the CL and thus not have the possibility of signing Greizman. Mertens and Silva are two recent links that I could only see as backups to any Greizman interest.

Silva is an unbelievably talented player. Have a great season and it seems a lot of the press ran that story yesterday. Could be his agent bigging it up.

Jose likes getting transfers done early too so hopefully we have a main and a back up already in discussions for each position he wants to strenghten

Yeah its about what Jose said recently about them having to be brave after Rojo's injury. The paraphrasing on Sky seems wrong. It's actually united players are upset with his treatment of them

If true, I reiterate; door is there.

Two things though. One, these stories will be incredibly easy to fabricate, and given our history of managerial spinning doors, and the history of Jose, it's easy stories to write.

Two, with what looks like an impending clear out of talent, there's going to be some who will try to cause problems in the press in a bid to keep their positions in the team, at the expense of Jose; those who hope the fans will side with the players rather than the manager. And again I say...door. Ass. Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Silva is an unbelievably talented player. Have a great season and it seems a lot of the press ran that story yesterday. Could be his agent bigging it up.

Jose likes getting transfers done early too so hopefully we have a main and a back up already in discussions for each position he wants to strenghten

His agent is Mendes who we all know is a big mate and agent of Jose.., I would say this summer we will have first dabs on any Mendes players that are moving clubs..

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If true, I reiterate; door is there.

Two things though. One, these stories will be incredibly easy to fabricate, and given our history of managerial spinning doors, and the history of Jose, it's easy stories to write.

Two, with what looks like an impending clear out of talent, there's going to be some who will try to cause problems in the press in a bid to keep their positions in the team, at the expense of Jose; those who hope the fans will side with the players rather than the manager. And again I say...door. Ass. Out.

I agree and if it was true I would like to know who is leaking to the press at such an important part of the season. Then **** them out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Who are these players that are upset?

I can only think it's the senior lads,Carrick,Rooney and the 2 boyos themselves.

I can only think it's the senior lads,Carrick,Rooney and the 2 boyos themselves.

"The English Contingent" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I believe the required standards are higher with Jose than LVG or Moyes.

If Smalling and Jones are unhappy and believe they are treated unfairly then they should ask themselves why is this.
    We are short of players at the back, this is not the first time that it has been said that Jose believes these players could make themselves available.
    It happened earlier in the season too.
    If Jose does believe these players wait too long to return from injury then it is an issue.
    If Jose believes they are fit enough to play but the players say no, one can see a problem.

I am a bit fed up with both Smalling - whom I believe holds onto players too much when defending and was I think way more suited to an LVG defensive style of play.
    Jones was playing well but it is always the same bloody story, injured...
    I don't think these 'stars' have a future at United if they are unavailable to play so frequently.

One of them will be out the door in the summer to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Anyone know when the europa final tickets are to be posted out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

They're already on sale, baby.

Anyone know when they're being posted out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

For ManUtd Rooney > Ronaldo always.

Would take Ronaldo 100% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We have beat Celta Vigo first.

This has a touch of the 2002 CL semi final about it.

Have tickets already, regardless of if United qualify... am just asking if people know when uefa are posting them out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think we all know who the players involved are at this stage....

• Advertisement

• We have beat Celta Vigo first.

This has a touch of the 2002 CL semi final about it.

Stop!!

TheDoc wrote: »
    I think we all know who the players involved are at this stage....

Genuinely curious as to your take on the story (presuming its true and not just made up).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I could see maybe selling both jones and Smalling and bringing in Keane and Lindelof.

I think de gea is gone in the summer 100%. Too much talk and he nearly went 2 years ago and Madrid are really pushing for it this year.

I think de gea is gone in the summer 100%. Too much talk and he nearly went 2 years ago and Madrid are really pushing for it this year.

Not half as panicked this year as last, if it does happen. Only Spurs have conceded less goals than us this season, but while we had a great defense last year in terms of stats, there were countless examples of DDG having to make 3 or four saves a game. DDG single-handedly kept those goals out sometimes. Jose, on the other hand, has actually created a team that overall is rock solid, in terms of the fact we're not even letting teams get those shots this year.And thats with a group of defenders that I think most people had written half of off.

Yeah, there's still problems in terms of brain farts. But overall, our defensive nature is far, far less reliant on a world class keeper than last year. I'd hate to lose DDG. I love the man. But I'd be far less worried, and could see the benefits of using him in a bid to lure a real madrid player or two to us, in terms of overall team strenght.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement