Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

deadybai wrote: »
    Really like the look a Zaha this year . Pity he wasn't given a chance as he would have developed into a fine player

His dribbling style is so different, lovely player to watch when you don't have to worry about playing losing the ball so many times. He is sort of fun player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Fair enough, I just find it silly that people celebrate Ronaldo and **** on Rooney when Rooney was the one who gave more to this club.

legend means different things to different people.

Michael Carrick is a club legend and has only got real recognition from some fans in recent years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'm not disputing whether Ronaldo was a ManUtd legend or not, so not sure why everytime point is missed.

Maybe because you say things like:
    player who helped us winning trophies and ****ed off at the earliest chance and spent his peak years elsewhere

Maybe because you say things like:

Eh? Nice that you removed part of the quote.
    It's about who is bigger legend at ManUtd. Not which player has more quality.

Player who played his entire career at Manutd and helped us winning trophies or a player who helped us winning trophies and ****ed off at the earliest chance and spent his peak years elsewhere.

Eh? Nice that you removed part of the quote.

I quoted the relevant part. You say you don't dispute Ronaldo is a legend and ask why people miss the point, and the answer is because your posts specifically tried to elevate Rooney by diminishing Ronaldo, claiming one as a legend while the other is the guy who ****ed off at first opportunity.

I quoted the relevant part. You say you don't dispute Ronaldo is a legend and ask why people miss the point, and the answer is because your posts specifically tried to elevate Rooney by diminishing Ronaldo, claiming one as a legend while the other is the guy who ****ed off at first opportunity.

That's nonsense. You read what you wanted to. I never disputed Ronaldo's status as Legend or fan favourite, arguments you and bangkok made on your own.

How is cutting the part where I said Ronaldo is Legend and making the post looks completely different makes it relevant?

The post you quoted itself talks about who is bigger legend, so you are just making up stuff now.

That's nonsense. You read what you wanted to. I never disputed Ronaldo's status as Legend or fan favourite, arguments you and bangkok made on your own.

How is cutting the part where I said Ronaldo is Legend and making the post looks completely different makes it relevant?

The post you quoted itself talks about who is bigger legend, so you are just making up stuff now.

Making stuff up? They are your words, I just quoted them.

Making stuff up? They are your words, I just quoted them.

By leaving out the most relevant points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looking down the table looking good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lord TSC wrote: »

Your fault :pac:

shoot me.

why..... why!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

shoot me.

A mod should give you a 24 hour ban :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cant remember a Derby on a Thursday inbetween, but the last time we played Man City on a Thursday we won 5-0.

I wont be greedy tomorrow night, 1-0 will do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

3-0 would be lovely have to pray to the football gods :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Does anyone know what the sell on clause is that united have for Zaha?

From memory its 50% of whatever they sell him for above the £3M initial fee. So for example if they sold him for £18M, United would get £7.5M extra.

I am only asking after seeing big Sam talk about a fee of £40M needs to be paid for him......which to me is an indication he knows he may be sold again. I believe Spurs are eager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

From memory its 50% of whatever they sell him for above the £3M initial fee. So for example if they sold him for £18M, United would get £7.5M extra.

I am only asking after seeing big Sam talk about a fee of £40M needs to be paid for him......which to me is an indication he knows he may be sold again. I believe Spurs are eager.

50% would be excessive I couldn't imagine been anywhere need that surely?

jayo26 wrote: »
    50% would be excessive I couldn't imagine been anywhere need that surely?

There is a big sell on clause but the number is not mentioned.

Crystal Palace co chairman:
    "There is a big sell on fee for United so we will be very happy if eventually they get their money back," Parish was quoted as saying in the Evening Standard.

"That would mean he has been very successful for us. It was clear there probably was not a future for him at United so we worked with them to do a deal that worked for both clubs.

"Hopefully we can get him back on track. He has had more or less a season out when he came to us and it takes time to get used to the game again. But he is finding his feet and has very effective for us."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

The Michael Keane sell on clause is 25%, so would expect this to be the same.

jacool wrote: »
    The Michael Keane sell on clause is 25%, so would expect this to be the same.

That sounds much more realistic tbh, although the fee of £3M might have been the carrot to pursuade Palace, especially when they sold him to united for £10M plus add-ons, which none ever materialised.

Also If United were to buy Keane for £30M for example, would that mean effectively he would only cost £22.5M?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That sounds much more realistic tbh, although the fee of £3M might have been the carrot to pursuade Palace, especially when they sold him to united for £10M plus add-ons, which none ever materialised.

Also If United were to buy Keane for £30M for example, would that mean effectively he would only cost £22.5M?

It would be more likely that if United sign Keane it will be for 75% of whatever price Burnley will sell for, without them then giving us the 25%. We'll pay less and they'll send us back no money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Zaha and Keane were sold on far too quickly. Neither got any real chance before getting sold on .
    Why didn't the club loan them out for longer,give them an opportunity to progress .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

yabadabado wrote: »
    Zaha and Keane were sold on far too quickly. Neither got any real chance before getting sold on .
    Why didn't the club loan them out for longer,give them an opportunity to progress .

Agreed. I felt Moyes never gave Zaha a fair crack and LVG just went nuts selling off too many players (like Chicharito :( )

It would be more likely that if United sign Keane it will be for 75% of whatever price Burnley will sell for, without them then giving us the 25%. We'll pay less and they'll send us back no money.

Yeah, its interesting as he is the type of defender I would associate with Jose. Would he partner with Bailly? Maybe not. I can definitely see a CB being bought during the Summer, I also don't think Jose trusts Smalling,IMO.

KH25 wrote: »
    Agreed. I felt Moyes never gave Zaha a fair crack and LVG just went nuts selling off too many players (like Chicharito :( )

Every time I think of this it makes me angry. And for £8M too ffs. how was that a good deal in any way for United?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Cant remember a Derby on a Thursday inbetween, but the last time we played Man City on a Thursday we won 5-0.

I wont be greedy tomorrow night, 1-0 will do ;)

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/857509631093948416

There have been a load of players sold recently that I feel should have been kept longer and given a better shot.

Welbeck, Hernandez, Kagawa, Schneiderlin, Memphis and Keane all jump out to me.

Loans need the player to want to stay. Zaha seemed to want out badly. :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its not realistic to expect it to work. Clubs do not have the same interest in progressing a player if they don't own the player.

Rossi is a good example. Never got many chances to progress in his loan spells in England. When a club took him outright he went on to really excel, injuries obviously stopped his career really taking off.

Look at Januzaj now. He is only getting good chances from Moyes as he knows him but at Dortmund it was a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

DM_7 wrote: »
    Its not realistic to expect it to work. Clubs do not have the same interest in progressing a player if they don't own the player.

Rossi is a good example. Never got many chances to progress in his loan spells in England. When a club took him outright he went on to really excel, injuries obviously stopped his career really taking off.

Look at Januzaj now. He is only getting good chances from Moyes as he knows him but at Dortmund it was a disaster.

It can just as easily go the other way.Look at the loans that worked out very well for Evans and Welbeck they went out on loan and after getting regular games returned to the club better players..
    Zaha and Keane were playing regularly at the loan clubs before they were sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What would you know about the dressing room atmosphere at United? What a load of sh*te.

I know nothing, but the general consensus is Rooney can be a disruptive figure and a moody ****er aswell as being a **** stirrer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I think we will do over this lot tonight, their defence is a shambles, kill em with Rashers.

I wonder will we set up similar to Chelsea and have Ander tailing KDB for the game.

Hopefully Silva is out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I think we will do over this lot tonight, their defence is a shambles, kill em with Rashers.

I wonder will we set up similar to Chelsea and have Ander tailing KDB for the game.

Hopefully Silva is out anyway.

I also feel like we could beat them, especially of we play like we did against Chelsea! I feel confident even with all of the injuries ATM (cue City scoring after 5 minutes :rolleyes:)

Also interesting fact- It will be Pep's first year of his nine year managerial career that he has failed to win a trophy. I didn't know this until he said it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »

Look at Sahko at Palace. Hes worked hard and shown the kind of form that will make Klopp think about putting him back in the first team.

When a player goes out on loan, if hes good enough he will play. Its up to the player to work hard to force himself into a team and prove himself. Welbeck, Zaha, Evans all did well when loaned out because they applied themselves well and worked hard.

Januzzi, for example was given the same opportunity but struggledv at Dortmund. He hasnt looked like a top player, where as the others did. He is getting chances at Sunderland but he still doesnt look like a top player to me

Zaha was sold far too quickly IMO and never got a fair chance under LVG or Moyes to prove himself.

A win tonight will put us on the same points total as last year.

Thats an improvement considering we have played a lot more games this year. W

A win tonight will put us on the same points total as last year with 5 more games to play. We also have scored more goals this year than last and conceded less goals and lost 7 less games.

Thats a sign of things going in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Zaha was never good enough for united, you need more than skill to make it at a top club.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    A win tonight will put us on the same points total as last year with 5 more games to play. We also have scored more goals this year than last and conceded less goals and lost 7 less games.

Thats a sign of things going in the right direction.

Just the general style of play is enough for me to be happy enough. Obviously I think there will nee to be a considerable improvement next season, but United generally aren't a chore to watch any more - as they were for the previous three seasons.

It is disappointing to think how different this season could have been if it wasn't for some terrible finishing and a little poor luck in a few home games we should have won.

There is still a chance the league performance could be acceptable, but for that to be the case we will need the team to announce itself as a real contender for next season with positive results vs City, Spurs and Arsenal.

GAMEDAY!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

For tonight
    6 bottles - check
    KIDS asleep - check
    Wife away - check

ROLL THE **** ON

I feel confident even with all of the injuries ATM (cue City scoring after 5 minutes :rolleyes:):D

Its one of the interesting side effects of having a deep squad but not an obvious first eleven, it means that no matter what combination of players we put out the our prospects of winning stay around about the same. So yes we are missing a lot of players, but the team we put out tonight has as much chance of winning as one with Rojo, Mata or Zlatan available would.

It won't be our strongest team no, but at least it isn't a case of the quality dropping off a cliff because players are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

GAMEDAY!

giphy.gif

THE MEATLOAF!! - check

Can't wait :D

• Advertisement

For tonight
    6 bottles - check
    KIDS asleep - check
    Wife away - check

ROLL THE **** ON

You got the chloroform out yeah? Kids can easily throw a spanner in the works here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watched the presser earlier, Jose said that we have played 18 more games than LFC and Chelsea this season, that's funkin mental.

One thing is for sure, Jose will have a plan to negotiate a win here. We have the momentum, City dont. We have no pressure being the away team and Jose publicly saying we are focused on winning trophies. City need this more and I feel they might crack.

Its been awhile since Ive been this confident in a derby but I smell a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

bangkok wrote: »
    Zaha was never good enough for united, you need more than skill to make it at a top club.

Keeping your paws off of the managers daughter doesn't hurt either.

Glazers Out!

bangkok wrote: »

His form this year suggests he was prematurely sold.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement