Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For tonight
    6 bottles - check
    KIDS asleep - check
    Wife away - check

ROLL THE **** ON

I have to work:(:(:(

Damn capitalism.

My dilemma for Sundays game is to support the missus in a final or watch United.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »

Damn capitalism.

My dilemma for Sundays game is to support the missus in a final or watch United.

United...kids...wife :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Working late tonight so won't see it, kinda Happy don't think I'd have the nerves for it haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Damn capitalism.

Is that a sniff I hear?

A cough and a sneeze?

You're not looking very well Zerk.

Chances are you May have Man Flu by Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Go and support the missus. Trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Damn capitalism.

Depends on what sport as you wouldn't just be watching the missus, if it's beach volleyball go support the wife, anything else watch United :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I may aswell put it out there, I see a pretty comfortable win for City tonight. Not 4 or 5 nil comfortable, just never being in danger comfort.

I am known to get overly pessimistic on the morning of a game, and gradually become more optimistic as the day progresses of course :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That's one of those lucky dilemmas that isn't really a dilemma at all though happily enough for you :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

derby day thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Damn capitalism.

Sky Go or
    http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2017/0426/870441-sky-launches-monthly-subscription-service-in-ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

TheDoc wrote: »
    I know nothing, but the general consensus is Rooney can be a disruptive figure and a moody ****er aswell as being a **** stirrer.

The general consensus? I'm an avid Rooney follower and I've never seem or read this consensus. Maybe it's something you're happy to accept because of your complete irrational dislike for the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I know nothing, but the general consensus is Rooney can be a disruptive figure and a moody ****er aswell as being a **** stirrer.

"I know nothing"....

"General consensus"

Rather contradictory terms there.....

Whose "general consensus". The "in the know" boys on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Based on nonsense written in papers. Some people are so naive. Your description above also applies to Roy Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Based on nonsense written in papers. Some people are so naive. Your description above also applies to Roy Keane.

Many players had only positive things to say about Rooney in dressing room, so not sure where he got that from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Damn capitalism.

We will form a supportive circle around you should the worse come to pass.

Nalz wrote: »
    derby day thread?

Sure wouldn't it just be us talking in another thread?

:cool:

Jayop wrote: »
    The general consensus? I'm an avid Rooney follower and I've never seem or read this consensus. Maybe it's something you're happy to accept because of your complete irrational dislike for the guy.

Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs all have said it at various points in their TV appearances, so I've kept it as information worth retaining.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Many players had only positive things to say about Rooney in dressing room, so not sure where he got that from.

I can maybe go find links to some footage, but during the initial period of Rooney being phased out, Scholes, Giggs and Neville at seperate points referenced negative attributes in the dressing room, potentially glossed over as the general points were positive and how they'd be having him in their team every week.

Or maybe I took the points up wrong, which I'll happily hold my hands up for, but pretty sure I didn't.

• Advertisement

Maybe go find the links then!

Sure wouldn't it just be us talking in another thread?

:cool:

No the pool fans will join us in match thread as neutrals and the few city fans will too if they like the OP and if they don't they will hold a silent protest.

Just type in Wayne Rooney dressing room influence and see an influx of teammates' praise for him!

We will form a supportive circle around you should the worse come to pass.

Bring beer.:)

I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Slip Day.
    #neverforget#thisdoesnotslip

https://www.tbnsport.com/2016/04/27/mankind-happiest-when-remembering-gerrard-slip-finds-study/

"Mankind is at its most happy when remembering Steven Gerrard’s slip against Chelsea, according to a study conducted by the University of Manchester."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Slip Day.
    #neverforget#thisdoesnotslip

I'd forgoten all about that, completely slipped my mind!
    Ba'h.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United will have scouts at the Anderlecht tonight.
    It could be for Tielemans, or Dendoncker, but is believed to be for the defender Mbodj according to Sport Witness. Mbodj was judged the best player according to WhoScored over the two legs of our recent games.
    It is believed the 27 year old defender could be bought for €10 million or less.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/857601730778771461

Not a bad shout. I think I read earlier that the midfielder (not even going to attempt to spell the name) is an Everton target

RobertKK wrote: »
    United will have scouts at the Anderlecht tonight.
    It could be for Tielemans, or Dendoncker, but is believed to be for the defender Mbodj according to Sport Witness. Mbodj was judged the best player according to WhoScored over the two legs of our recent games.
    It is believed the 27 year old defender could be bought for €10 million or less.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/857601730778771461

I'd seriously buy that dendonker he was a solid player over the two games.

hurry up 8 oclock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nalz wrote: »
    derby day thread?

debba duu dibb?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd seriously buy that dendonker he was a solid player over the two games.

Couldnt agree more, he stood out big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Anyone else notice the vast similarities between the 2006/07 utd kit and the new liverpool one?

jameshayes wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the vast similarities between the 2006/07 utd kit and the new liverpool one?

Yep I thought same when one of the lads on Facebook posted it earlier. It's a nice kit infairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Yep I thought same when one of the lads on Facebook posted it earlier. It's a nice kit infairness.

Kinda reminds me of one of the mid 90s ones (can't remember what season!) when they were still sponsored by Carlsberg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Though it reminded me of their old Jersey with Candy on the front and the Gold? stripes.. probably one of their better kits in a long time

Oh and Empty your box :P

astradave wrote: »
    Though it reminded me of their old Jersey with Candy on the front and the Gold? stripes.. probably one of their better kits in a long time

Oh and Empty your box :P

I'm unloaded pal

Excellent interview with Carrick on sky sports one talking about all stages of his career he really comes across a very intelligent person a great talker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

https://twitter.com/robdawsonespn/status/857639393812676608

I'm not superstitious but..........................touch wood. :cool:

I put a small bet on Aguero to score.

Hope I lose :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Joey??

Joey??

An inspiration on how not to bet :p

I was watching MUTV and they were showing all the goals Aguero scored against us, I hope to put a hex on him...and if not, well I saw it coming...or at least that is what I will say.

KH25 wrote: »

I remember that a bit too well. Three of my all-time favourite United players scoring in that clip - Cantona, Kanchelskis and Hughes.

Cantona has been well discussed in here.

Looking back objectively now, Andrei Kanchelskis wasn't the Arjen Robben of the early-mid 90s on the wing, but he was still something else to watch when he ran with the ball. He could also put in a dangerous cross. Kanchelskis scored and created some unreal goals for United and was an important member of the team/squad for that first PL title in 92/93. He began that season featuring in the starting 11 for us, but lost his place to Lee Sharpe later in the season.

Kanchelskis was arguably even better the previous season where we just lost out to Leeds for the (last ever) First Division title. It was a 2-0 loss for us at Anfield and a 2-3 win for Leeds away to Sheffield United which confirmed Leeds as champions over us. Imagine if Boards and the match threads were around back then!

Mark Hughes - He may be a stone-faced miserable bastard on the line at Stoke these days, but he was a boss for us when he wore the red. The picture quality in the below video is lacking, but there are some classic Sparky goals in it...

There are other videos to be seen that show his link-up play and his role as an adept creator of goals too. I know he went on to manage City, I know his modern day image isn't wholly endearing to United fans and even younger ones at that, but he was my original favourite United player and a big part of the reason I became a fan of the club in the first place.

Anyway, that's enough with the fond reflection on the past for now, roll on 8pm.

I just saw a stat which says that in the last 3 Manchester derbys which Martin Atkinson reffed, United scored a 90th minute winner. I'm not sure if that will happen tonight, but I do expect some drama.

Martial starting over Lingard. Not confirmed though.

adox wrote: »
    Martial starting over Lingard. Not confirmed though.

I assumed it would be between Lingard and Mkhi with Martial a cert to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

stankratz wrote: »
    Looking back objectively now, Andrei Kanchelskis wasn't the Arjen Robben of the early-mid 90s on the wing, but he was still something else to watch when he ran with the ball.

Unironically one of my favourite ever players, that man was a weapon, it was just a shame those Russian mobsters caused his time at the club to be cut short. :pac:

Antonio Valencia should be made to watch a video of every Kanchelskis goal on repeat for about two months, he might learn a thing or two about putting the head down and going past a man instead of stopping and turning back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Back rashers hatrick 150/1 surely it happens 1 time in 150 times and hopefully its tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

surprised lingard isnt starting to be honest - big night fir martial, hope he does himself justice

• Advertisement

surprised lingard isnt starting to be honest - big night fir martial, hope he does himself justice

I'd have him up front and Rashford out wider.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement