Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Plenty of pace there in that team and creativity come from miki.

I'm just wondering will miki play behind Rashford and Martial be more if a 41212 maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

4312 i hope. Rashford and martial up top.

bangkok wrote: »
    4312 i hope. Rashford and martial up top.

You always have to steal someone else's idea.

#vile

jayo26 wrote: »
    You always have to steal someone else's idea.

#vile

I think i actually posted that exact line up 3 days ago. Maybe shaw in for darmian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Doubt very much it will be two up front.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »

Id say it mighy be. Kompany and otamendi no great movers

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Depending on who wins, the match thread will hopefully be worth reading..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

adox wrote: »

I just assumed it will be 3 up front, as in the 3 lads floating around in their half giving an outlet to the seven players defending. They will be switching around, I doubt there will be a defined striker as such.

Perhaps not. Either way my prediction is a City win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

4-3-1-2 will allow City's full backs to play the way they want to so I wouldn't think so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You reckon our unbeaten streak ends tonight, Bucky? :(

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

I have a few quid on various bets involving a United win, but my gut feeling is that top four ends here.

Hopefully I'm wrong again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lord TSC wrote: »

I do tbh. That front 4 for City will hurt United. Sane will tear Valencia to shreds imo and I don't fancy Darmian against Sterling either though with Zabaleta at RB he may have less to deal with than Valencia on the other side.

Unironically one of my favourite ever players, that man was a weapon, it was just a shame those Russian mobsters caused his time at the club to be cut short. :pac:

Antonio Valencia should be made to watch a video of every Kanchelskis goal on repeat for about two months, he might learn a thing or two about putting the head down and going past a man instead of stopping and turning back.

Yeah, that was dodgy. Some Russian mobsters ordered United to release him and for he to sign for Everton, or something along those lines?

Excellent read (from Jan 2017) I just found on Kanchelskis' time in England: http://www.planetfootball.com/nostalgia/incredible-story-andrei-kanchelskis-time-england/

It goes into detail and speculation on his transfer to Everton, including a link to a bombing assassination at the time. It also reports on a falling out between Fergie and Kanchelskis which I was previously unaware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I just assumed it will be 3 up front, as in the 3 lads floating around in their half giving an outlet to the seven players defending. They will be switching around, I doubt there will be a defined striker as such.

Perhaps not. Either way my prediction is a City win.

Despite my comment above one thing that has done well before is Herrera and Fellaini either side of Carrick. They are both great at getting up and down the pitch and supporting the wingers along with covering the full backs getting forward. Them playing well is the key.

Wasn't the kanchelskis and the Russian mafia episode not until well after his United time?

Wasn't the kanchelskis and the Russian mafia episode not until well after his United time?

I'm not sure, I'm only reading into it now for the first time with 'adult' eyes. I will report back soon with an opinion which we'll go with as fact :pac:

I'm not sure, I was being a little facetious earlier but I do recall that years after the fact rumours started to surface about the real reasons Fergie got rid when he did.

With Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis all jettisioned at the same time it was easy to believe the narrative that Fergie was simply putting all his faith in the kids coming through, especially when one of those kids was Beckham. But in retrospect it doesn't really surprise to hear that when it came to Kanchelskis there was a little more to the story...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lovely interview with Valencia on MUTV. It does crack me up that he still speaks his Spanish.

Mourinho tried to sign Valencia when Jose was at Real Madrid.
    Antonio said he loves the club and loves the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Please tell me some seen yer one in white United jersey and she wasn't a figment of my imagination..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

user2011 wrote: »
    Please tell me some seen yer one in white United jersey and she wasn't a figment of my imagination..
    I saw her.Class .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two greats run by Rashford. Two simple passes fúcked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Two greats run by Rashford. Two simple passes fúcked up.
    Pogba would have done better.

Is Rashford injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God that over the head camera is awful

I'm not sure, I was being a little facetious earlier but I do recall that years after the fact rumours started to surface about the real reasons Fergie got rid when he did.

With Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis all jettisioned at the same time it was easy to believe the narrative that Fergie was simply putting all his faith in the kids coming through, especially when one of those kids was Beckham. But in retrospect it doesn't really surprise to hear that when it came to Kanchelskis there was a little more to the story...

Go on, go on, I'm hooked ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Rashford's pace is unbelievable

Martial has been bloody awful.

Referee is bloody awfull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Herrera to get a card for something with fernandinho

ffs ander should buried that

should be 1 up now

• Advertisement

Herrera to get a card for something with fernandinho

Think he forgot his cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Pogba has been absolutely anonymous yet again. Waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Okish first half. City more dominant as the game went on. Utd a bit too obvious with playing the ball forward for the pacy players. All or nothing balls that are starving Utd of possession.

They need to string a few passes together. They will still find room for the through ball as City are all over the pace at the back.

If they keep giving possession up so cheaply though City will eventually score.

I really think Martial should be through the middle with Rashford on the left. I think that would cause City a lot more problems.

Miki has been pretty disappointing and has lost th ball cheaply on quite a few occasions but he's the one most likely to provide a quality ball.

Lingard would lap up those huge areas of space in the City half and may yet have a big role to play in the game.

What a bad miss by Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Where's mata, Can't be cup tied in the league can he?

Don't care what anyone says but that first half shows how much pogba brings to the team not enough creativity from the midfield 3 at all it's like they on a different pitch to the forwards.

how.gareth wrote: »
    Where's mata, Can't be cup tied in the league can he?

Injured for past month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

IF we can just keep it together at the back, one of those balls through to Rashford will stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Herrara has been sent off twice for less that he's received in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Not too worried about City dominating possession but no one on our side seems to have any composure when we recover the ball. See what happens. We might sicken them yet.

Only a matter of time if it continues this way. Can't get out of our own half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Were taking a beating here. Rope a dope tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Hopefully Martial will come off instead of Rashford. He's been bad. It's a brutal second half

missing Ibra badly. No one out there can hold up the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Real park the bus stuff from Jose. City not good enough to break them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Hopefully Martial will come off instead of Rashford. He's been bad. It's a brutal second half

Martial looks disinterested out there

paulbok wrote: »
    Martial looks disinterested out there

Yeah, he jogged back for the last City attack and is giving the ball away cheaply. Sloppy passing.

Liam O wrote: »
    I do tbh. That front 4 for City will hurt United. Sane will tear Valencia to shreds imo and I don't fancy Darmian against Sterling either though with Zabaleta at RB he may have less to deal with than Valencia on the other side.

Valencia took sane to the cleaners. Never gave him an inch

Get off the pitch, you clown.

bloody nutter rises again

Christ! bangkok.....

I thought he got a yellow first, what's the story?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement