Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Aguero should be banned as well to be honest. He went for the head as well but obviously he won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Diving little cheat. I hate that player. He's always at **** like that or else putting in dangerous tackles. Darling of the media but he's every bit as bad as Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Had two good chances in the first half,Mickey shot straight at the keeper after he flapped at the cross and Herrera's header,Rashford had the beating of their CB's

The second half Utd offered noting,

Fellaini was stupid but the two barely touched heads and down Aguero went like he was hit by Anthony Joshua

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just got to get some players back from injury now please please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Carrick class again. Nice to see pep praise him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we win at weekend Liverpool could be going into their match in 5th place.

Might not be over over, even if I really still think it's big ask

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Delighted with a point, up to Fellani doing that I actually thought we were slowly starting to come back into the game and would have got at least 1 more decent chance.

Away to city, point after going down to 10 men - we'll take that all day long!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I would have taken the point at the start of the game tbh so the result is ok. Performance was poor though, especially in the second half.

Fellaini was pure idiotic. I don't think he would have got a second yellow for the second challenge but the head butt incident was a straight red.

Lol at the usual drama queens calling for him to be sold again.

Martial looked like he gave up in the second half. Very disappointing.

I honestly don't think Pogba would have made that much difference. In fact he would have contributed to playing the through ball too early and giving the possession up and offered less defensively than the other three.

At the end of the day it's a decent result and keeps us well in the hunt despite the difficult games ahead. Keep in touch with City and the Pool and keep the pressure on them. No telling what could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Happy to get the draw tbh. Went into the game not thinking it was a must win anyways. Would have preferred the win obviously but good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Always so surprised how Fellaini gets no leeway from our fans.

Felt massive sympathy for him, both players put the head in and Aguero embarrassed himself. Fellaini doesn't take ****, and he is no push over. Thought the referee was pretty poor tonight on reflection. Love to have been on boards(or if it was around) when Keane, Scholes, Ince and Hughes etc. were getting sent off for stupid stuff. Calling for players to be sold. Get a grip lads. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd take my anger out on Aguero being a pussy then Fellaini standing his ground, but whatever.

Pretty terrible game, wished I'd gone out to the work thing that was on. The lineup really surprised me and I thought cool we are going to exploit their bogey defence, and it just never materialised. Thought Pogba was a big miss, everything was so rushed in the middle and the quality was terrible.

Can't say I'm chuffedwith a point. Perhaps it gives some hope of overtaken Liverpool but we have a lot of tough games. Paid that City team way more respect than it deserved. Not a terrible result, but feels like a potential opportunity missed to really set down a marker, build momentum and three points would have been incredible. Draw is ok I guess, just a big disappointing the way it all panned out. A lot of poor performances in the front of the team

• Advertisement

Tony V was solid again,he saw off Sane well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Like so often this season, the result in isolation isn't that bad. A point away to a rival while missing 5/6 players, generally you would take it. I do think we needed to win this though so its hard to be too happy with a point.

Are there any new excuses for Martial tonight or are all the old ones still good?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fellaini resting up for the Europa League :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Always so surprised how Fellaini gets no leeway from our fans.

Felt massive sympathy for him, both players put the head in and Aguero embarrassed himself. Fellaini doesn't take ****, and he is no push over. Thought the referee was pretty poor tonight on reflection. Love to have been on boards(or if it was around) when Keane, Scholes, Ince and Hughes etc. were getting sent off for stupid stuff. Calling for players to be sold. Get a grip lads. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd take my anger out on Aguero being a pussy then Fellaini standing his ground, but whatever.

Pretty terrible game, wished I'd gone out to the work thing that was on. The lineup really surprised me and I thought cool we are going to exploit their bogey defence, and it just never materialised. Thought Pogba was a big miss, everything was so rushed in the middle and the quality was terrible.

Fellaini is no keane scholes ince or hughes thats why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jesus that 2nd half was hard viewing. Got out alive, that's the main thing!

Like so often this season, the result in isolation isn't that bad. A point away to a rival while missing 5/6 players, generally you would take it. I do think we needed to win this though so its hard to be too happy with a point.

Are there any new excuses for Martial tonight or are all the old ones still good?

Started off well, was basically playing as a left back then majority of game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fortunate enough to get a point, better than nothing.

Lunacy from the big man to give a player with the obvious scummy tendencies that Aguero has a chance to play act.

No injuries though!

Bailly was immense tonight.

If we win at weekend Liverpool could be going into their match in 5th place.

Might not be over over, even if I really still think it's big ask

Exactly. Keep the points ticking over and don't play yourself out of it not making your competitors work for their place.

At this stage of the season putting pressure on your fellow contenders can have a huge effect.

Kompany is nice to his fellow Belgian - Fellaini, 'whether red or blue, he is still my team mate.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

It's embarrassing really that we use tactics like that Vs Liverpool and City. United should be putting the fear off god into these teams . I long for the days Keane was in the team.

I defended FELLANI for a long time and i think he's been really good this season but that's it . Complete stupidity i really hope he goes now as my patience has ran out. Constant fouling in every game and ironically he's sh1te in the air

bangkok wrote: »
    Carrick class again. Nice to see pep praise him

He was alright, no more no less like most Utd players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

19 chances to 3. Think Hererras was the best of the lot imo. Had that gone in we could be celebrating now.

Thought the ref was a bit dickish to let city take the free after Fellainis first yellow as he was still booking him.

Blatant red and silly move but he's not the first to do it and he won't be the last.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    19 chances to 3. Think Hererras was the best of the lot imo. Had that gone in we could be celebrating now.

Thought the ref was a bit dickish to let city take the free after Fellainis first yellow as he was still booking him.

Blatant red and silly move but he's not the first to do it and he won't be the last.

You're right there.Aguero was the first to do it tonight

Utd,Pool and City all going for top 4 and all well capable of fu*king up on any given day

Be plenty of more twists and turns in this yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm delighted with that game it was boring and terrible but it was job well done.

Don't know how anyone can right off our top four chances we were 6 points behind pool last weekend with two games in hand now we are 2 behind with one in hand.

If we win against Swansea on Sunday we are in fourth level on games with Liverpool see what they are like under proper pressure going into the Watford game.

That fellaini even before he was sent off he was doing so well breaking up play but he had 3 chances to play in rashford when he was behind the defence and instead he played the ball square the last one was the most obvious he played it out to martial wide instead of rashford. The sending off was well deserved it don't matter what he did to aguero or didn't do he put his head in that position.

Oh and we missed pogba so much hope he is back for sunday.

• Advertisement

deadybai wrote: »
    It's embarrassing really that we use tactics like that Vs Liverpool and City. United should be putting the fear off god into these teams . I long for the days Keane was in the team.

It's not embarrassing at all. The club is where it is. Its a perfectly pragmatic and sensible approach to take. You have to take this all in context of where the club is at rather than saying "we are Man Utd......"

Things have to be built. It mightn't be pretty but a point at Anfield and The Etihad are much better for the club than two attacking defeats.

Get some stability. Get a solid base and progress from there.

Another day, another opponent certainly another era the two might have faced off against each other and people would be heralding it as proper derby behaviour.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Kompany is nice to his fellow Belgian - Fellaini, 'whether red or blue, he is still my team mate.'

I liked that I thought it was classy response.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Calling for Fel to be sold off tonight is idiotic, to be blunt.

In case people forget, we need a squad, not just a first team. Fellaini is more than good enough to sit on the bench as a solid plan b, and can play multiple positions. Yes, he shouldn't be long term first team, but selling him would be so, so stupid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Missed pogba something awful tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Missed pogba something awful tonight.

And Ibrahimovic.

And Mata

And Rojo

Pogba drives play forward, he is such a positive player.
    He gets underestimated at times.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That fellaini even before he was sent off he was doing so well breaking up play but he had 3 chances to play in rashford when he was behind the defence and instead he played the ball square the last one was the most obvious he played it out to martial wide instead of rashford.
    This annoyed me a lot more than the red card.

I liked that I thought it was classy response.

Or maybe he knew that his buddy Aguero was a cheat and couldn't say anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Very happy with Blind again but him and Bailly together doesn't look great. Need Rojo back asap especially for next Thursday

Fosu mensah injured as well... balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

TFM added to the injury list according to Jose

Fosu mensah injured as well... balls

Wouldn't mind seeing that. Was he hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Jose just said Fosu Mensah injured at the end too!

Edit : I see others mentioned above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

KevIRL wrote: »
    TFM added to the injury list according to Jose

This is the real problem with a stupid red card, we absolutely cannot afford to lose another senior player for 3 games. Like Felliani or not we needed him available for selection.

• Advertisement

Leave fellaini alone will ye..

Jayop wrote: »
    Or maybe he knew that his buddy Aguero was a cheat and couldn't say anything else.

He wasn't a cheat Fellaini did what he did and aguero went down. Yes he made a meal of it but if it was the other way around I would want the United player to do the same.

To put it into perspective if that happened to ander he would be still rolling and screaming on the pitch it's part if the game.

Leave fellaini alone will ye..

Hahaha nutter your still number one.

He wasn't a cheat Fellaini did what he did and aguero went down. Yes he made a meal of it but if it was the other way around I would want the United player to do the same.

To put it into perspective if that happened to ander he would be still rolling and screaming on the pitch it's part if the game.

It's cheating. He dived if Herrera dived I'd say the same. Rolling around after a foul isn't diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Really thought we missed Rojo's out ball from the defence tonight, every time we played out seemed to go to a City player.

Wouldn't mind seeing that. Was he hit?

Looked like a stray elbow but that would hardly keep him out. Hope its not bad think he was holding his knee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Very happy with Blind again but him and Bailly together doesn't look great. Need Rojo back asap especially for next Thursday

Rojo did his ACL there is no way he will be back this season let alone for Thursday

It's cheating. He dived if Herrera dived I'd say the same. Rolling around after a foul isn't diving.

He did not do anything worse then United players wouldn't do. Fellaini got what he deserved and aguero played it perfectly for his team. You might not like it and I don't like it but in the modern game you can not complain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

adox wrote: »
    It's not embarrassing at all. The club is where it is. Its a perfectly pragmatic and sensible approach to take. You have to take this all in context of where the club is at rather than saying "we are Man Utd......"

Things have to be built. It mightn't be pretty but a point at Anfield and The Etihad are much better for the club than two attacking defeats.

Get some stability. Get a solid base and progress from there.
    So the same masterplan that Liverpool have been using for the last 27 years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A dislocated shoulder for Fosu Mensah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement