Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    He did not do anything worse then United players wouldn't do. Fellaini got what he deserved and aguero played it perfectly for his team. You might not like it and I don't like it but in the modern game you can not complain.

I'll complain each and every time I see someone cheat like that. Modern game or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Very happy with Blind again but him and Bailly together doesn't look great. Need Rojo back asap especially for next Thursday

Blind has his qualities but everyone on here probably knows I'm not a fan of his.
    Tonight I thought he did more poor stuff than good stuff.

He does read the game well a lot of the time and spots danger a second or two before it happens and this helps him especially with his chronic lack of pace. But when playing at CB it just kills him. It's too high risk. All or nothing. Too many times tonight he stepped out of the back four to try and knock the ball and didn't get it and left a huge gap behind him.

Anyway we are stuck with him for the rest of the season so let's hope he can fill the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I blame the ref for the red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mars Bar wrote: »
    A dislocated shoulder for Fosu Mensah

Yeah looked like he tangled with Yaya(?) at the end and was on the ground, when the whistle blew i think Young picked him up and he was holding his shoulder and looked in pain, i said it to the OH that i thought it was dislocated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Really when did that happen was it laughing at Agueros reaction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just a matter of popping it back in if he is brave enough ;)

Really when did that happen was it laughing at Agueros reaction

In penalty area at last corner.

adox wrote: »
    Blind has his qualities but everyone on here probably knows I'm not a fan of his.
    Tonight I thought he did more poor stuff than good stuff.

He does read the game well a lot of the time and spots danger a second or two before it happens and this helps him especially with his chronic lack of pace. But when playing at CB it just kills him. It's too high risk. All or nothing. Too many times tonight he stepped out of the back four to try and knock the ball and didn't get it and left a huge gap behind him.

Anyway we are stuck with him for the rest of the season so let's hope he can fill the role.

Personally id like to try Darmian in there with Bailly and bring in either Shaw or Young at LB.. Damian is a good defender and decent enough in the air.

So the same masterplan that Liverpool have been using for the last 27 years...

No.

So the same masterplan that Liverpool have been using for the last 27 years...

Ahh stop we have a long long way to go to compare to them.

Team under jose is moving in the right direction no doubt about it he had many games like tonight throughout his career and he has won everything there is to win I have absolute no worries about him at all.

• Advertisement

Will need a scan anyways to see the extent of the damage around the joint.. popping it back in is grand but if there is additional damage he will be out for a couple of weeks at least, no damage and he could be back middle of next week

astradave wrote: »
    Personally id like to try Darmian in there with Bailly and bring in either Shaw or Young at LB.. Damian is a good defender and decent enough in the air.

I actually thought a back three might have been a solution for the end of the season but sheer lack of bodies negates that now.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Darmian in there in a two.

Jayop wrote: »
    I'll complain each and every time I see someone cheat like that. Modern game or not.

I haven't seen you call ander a cheat anytime this year????

astradave wrote: »
    Will need a scan anyways to see the extent of the damage around the joint.. popping it back in is grand but if there is additional damage he will be out for a couple of weeks at least, no damage and he could be back middle of next week

We are looking so so thin at the moment even players to fill the bench is unreal.

Another mention for the ref btw. Thought he was really poor. City really got away with it anytime they were caught facing a counter attack. Pull the player down or go through the back of him. Free kick. No problem. Counter stopped. Not a hint of a card or a word with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Another mention for the ref btw. Thought he was really poor. City really got away with it anytime they were caught facing a counter attack. Pull the player down or go through the back of him. Free kick. No problem. Counter stopped. Not a hint of a card or a word with them.

An admitted Leeds fan shouldn't be allowed to ref our games.

Half the time it wasn't even a ****in free kick, i was raging in the first half!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Good result. Had chances to win it in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Calling for Fel to be sold off tonight is idiotic, to be blunt.

In case people forget, we need a squad, not just a first team. Fellaini is more than good enough to sit on the bench as a solid plan b, and can play multiple positions. Yes, he shouldn't be long term first team, but selling him would be so, so stupid...

Not unless we bring someone in to replace him which, considering his ability, shouldn't be too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Ref was shocking. Missed obvious foul from Otamendi, Fernandinho and so many fouls on Rashford.

Not surprising though, he usually produces this performance against Manutd for Chelsea, this time it's for City.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not unless we bring someone in to replace him which, considering his ability, shouldn't be too difficult.

So another new player to add to the striker, winger, midfielder, centre back and possibly full back we already need?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rashford got taken out of it right in front him in the first half by Otamendi,noting done.

It was like he changed his mindset at half time,books Fellaini for stopping a City counter attack

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Something like this

https://youtu.be/Igrdi_lhhW4?t=37

I ****ing love that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Jasus get a grip. Fellani stuck his head into Augero. He deserved red.
    Defending him is just plain red tinted glasses. You cant do what he did.
    And will rightly get 3-5 games.
    That aside he was poor on the ball AGAIN tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone who thought Carrick had a great game is living in cuckoo land.

He was average like most

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

So another new player to add to the striker, winger, midfielder, centre back and possibly full back we already need?

Or maybe just use what we already have in Fosu-Mensah? I don't think I'm alone in thinking that I'd much prefer if he was getting the game time Fellaini is.

His point is right. It shouldn't be too hard to replace him. Bring back Pereira from loan and it would be an upgrade and cost us NOTHING.
    We dont need fullback. Valencia and Shaw are top class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Robson99 wrote: »

Aguero went in first, fellaini went down to him and their heads touched it wasn't a head butt and the wee cheat threw himself down like he'd been shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was he? Played it safe but some good balls forward.

It was stupid but he was played by Aguero. I'd say the people who jump on his back after everything bad he does are showing more bias than anyone defending him. I'd argue if he was sent off twice this season like a certain other midfielder who everyone loves then he'd be getting booed again.

Then it's not like he's been one of the team's most consistently good players the last 3 or so seasons to deserve some leeway...

Or maybe just use what we already have in Fosu-Mensah? I don't think I'm alone in thinking that I'd much prefer if he was getting the game time Fellaini is.

Totally agree.

I agree with the lads above. Get Willock in to replace Fellaini and what do you lose...

Aguero went in first, fellaini went down to him and their heads touched it wasn't a head butt and the wee cheat threw himself down like he'd been shot.
    Well why didn't Fellani go down?? Hes a clown and got what he deserved. He leant forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sand wrote: »
    That's the PL campaign over realistically. Only 3 games left in the season. Got to be happy with the result though given the way the game went and the injuries.

I'd also say that's Fellaini's bags packed in the summer. Really stupid and undisciplined.

More likely than not, but even with the very tough schedule we are 2pts behind Liverpool with a game in hand and 1pt behind City without the game in hand. Both have far easier run ins, but if we can get say, 11pts (draws with Arsenal/Spurs, win the other 3) that puts us on 76pts. The max Liverpool can finish with is 78 if they win all their remaining games, and the max for City is 80 - goal difference is almost neck and neck with all 3 (+28 for both of them vs +26 for us, but we are of course far behind in goals scored if it comes to it).

Still all very much to play for even if we are behind - that miss by Aguero right at the death was absolutely huge.

Liam O wrote: »
    Was he? Played it safe but some good balls forward.

It was stupid but he was played by Aguero. I'd say the people who jump on his back after everything bad he does are showing more bias than anyone defending him. I'd argue if he was sent off twice this season like a certain other midfielder who everyone loves then he'd be getting booed again.

Then it's not like he's been one of the team's most consistently good players the last 3 or so seasons to deserve some leeway...
    The only time he is consistent is when he is on the bench. He just not good enough for a top 4 club. Simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Delboy5 wrote: »

Kun is a nasty piece of work anyway

Well done Ander

I agree with the lads above. Get Willock in to replace Fellaini and what do you lose...

Bringing back Liam Miller would be an upgrade

The only time he is consistent is when he is on the bench. He just not good enough for a top 4 club. Simple as

And yet was instrumental in United making top 4 just a couple of seasons ago. And has outperformed every other midfielder bar maybe(and this is a push) Herrera since he joined.

• Advertisement

And yet was instrumental in United making top 4 just a couple of seasons ago. And has outperformed every other midfielder bar maybe(and this is a push) Herrera since he joined.
    You think Fellani is a better player than Pogba or Carrick????. And at the same level as Herrera????? I give up. You win

You still talking about fellaini? Hope not.

You still talking about fellaini? Hope not.

Im going outside to see if there is a full moon

Bringing back Liam Miller would be an upgrade

This is all getting a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Saw the red, he got played, both went it and aguero made the most of it fellaini won't go down with stuff like that ( I remember when wilsher headbutted him and he just looked at the ref rather that going to the ground)

Silly of him but im not going the freak out over it

You think Fellani is a better player than Pogba or Carrick????. And at the same level as Herrera????? I give up. You win

When did I say that? You are getting desperate.

When did I say that? You are getting desperate.

Ya ya ya. You win

TheDoc wrote: »
    Always so surprised how Fellaini gets no leeway from our fans.

Felt massive sympathy for him, both players put the head in and Aguero embarrassed himself. Fellaini doesn't take ****, and he is no push over. Thought the referee was pretty poor tonight on reflection. Love to have been on boards(or if it was around) when Keane, Scholes, Ince and Hughes etc. were getting sent off for stupid stuff. Calling for players to be sold. Get a grip lads. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd take my anger out on Aguero being a pussy then Fellaini standing his ground, but whatever.

Pretty terrible game, wished I'd gone out to the work thing that was on. The lineup really surprised me and I thought cool we are going to exploit their bogey defence, and it just never materialised. Thought Pogba was a big miss, everything was so rushed in the middle and the quality was terrible.

Can't say I'm chuffedwith a point. Perhaps it gives some hope of overtaken Liverpool but we have a lot of tough games. Paid that City team way more respect than it deserved. Not a terrible result, but feels like a potential opportunity missed to really set down a marker, build momentum and three points would have been incredible. Draw is ok I guess, just a big disappointing the way it all panned out. A lot of poor performances in the front of the team

Very well said dude

• jayo26 wrote: »
    I ****ing love that

Film is beast

Ya ya ya. You win

That's good. It's impossible to argue with the people who don't see Fellaini's good qualities every time he makes a mistake. Double standards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement