Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• RobertKK wrote: »
    Pogba drives play forward, he is such a positive player.
    He gets underestimated at times.

I said it a couple of weeks back when he was missing and I say it again. Huge loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

adox wrote: »
    Another mention for the ref btw. Thought he was really poor. City really got away with it anytime they were caught facing a counter attack. Pull the player down or go through the back of him. Free kick. No problem. Counter stopped. Not a hint of a card or a word with them.

I've got it in my head the refereeing standard is terrible this season, and can't shake it.

Was definitely frustrated with the referee tonight and thought he was poor.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Well why didn't Fellani go down?? Hes a clown and got what he deserved. He leant forward

Your spouting nonsense

If it happened Herera instead of Fellaini peogle wouldn't be losing there **** and ya Herrera would probably go down too, but people vilifing fellini for not diving is crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

TheDoc wrote: »

Felt massive sympathy for him, both players put the head in

16027611261493332973.gif

Even Gary Neville can't defend Fellani's stupidity - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/797575/Marouane-Fellaini-red-card-Man-United-Gary-Neville-Man-City

You make it sound like Aguero was somehow to blame for Fellani losing the plot. Fellani fowled him twice in 10 seconds right in front of the ref and instead of trying to wriggle his way out of what could easily have been a second yellow in his wisdom he decides to get in Aguero's face, drop his forehead down onto Aguero right in front of the ref again and then somehow think that raising his hands in a "I didn't do anything" motion is going to magically erase what he just did.

Hilarious and even more hilarious that anyone would try to defend him and blame Aguero for Fellani's stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Liam O wrote: »
    That's good. It's impossible to argue with the people who don't see Fellaini's good qualities every time he makes a mistake. Double standards.

What are his good qualities?

More specifically, what are his good qualities when United have the ball?

More specifically again, what are his good qualities when he has the ball?

It seems to me that he's only really useful or has a good game when he gets in the way of things and breaks up the opponent's play. He is pretty much useless if United are in possession as he is a very poor player when he actually has the ball at his feet. One of his few positives as a player is his height and it's rare that we even reap rewards from that. As a DM he is streets behind Herrera in terms of ability to break up play. He is streets behind Carrick in terms of passing. Streets behind Pogba in terms of pretty much everything.

16027611261493332973.gif

Even Gary Neville can't defend Fellani's stupidity - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/797575/Marouane-Fellaini-red-card-Man-United-Gary-Neville-Man-City

You make it sound like Aguero was somehow to blame for Fellani losing the plot. Fellani fowled him twice in 10 seconds right in front of the ref and instead of trying to wriggle his way out of what could easily have been a second yellow in his wisdom he decides to get in Aguero's face, drop his forehead down onto Aguero right in front of the ref again and then somehow think that raising his hands in a "I didn't do anything" motion is going to magically erase what he just did.

Hilarious and even more hilarious that anyone would try to defend him and blame Aguero for Fellani's stupidity.

You missed Neville taking it back after the game I see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What are his good qualities?

More specifically, what are his good qualities when United have the ball?

More specifically again, what are his good qualities when he has the ball?

It seems to me that he's only really useful or has a good game when he gets in the way of things and breaks up the opponent's play. He is pretty much useless if United are in possession as he is a very poor player when he actually has the ball at his feet. One of his few positives as a player is his height and it's rare that we even reap rewards from that. As a DM he is streets behind Herrera in terms of ability to break up play. He is streets behind Carrick in terms of passing. Streets behind Pogba in terms of pretty much everything.

You see what you want to see. He consistently finds his own players with the ball. He is a far better tackler than Herrera.

It's hard not to be behind Carrick in passing, like comparing Carrick's running to Fellaini's.

Pogba is one of the best midfielders in the world and cost 3 times Fellaini's already inflated fee. I'd want him to be better.

Fellaini generally is one of the cleanest tacklers in the team and knows how to get the most from referees generally with a good ability to toe the line once he gets booked. In his more advanced starting position under LVG he was able to receive the ball, turn, and play it forward to a good degree. Supporting the players on whatever side he was covering going forward and getting back to tackle. There's a reason why it was Napoli who allegedly wanted him when LVG came in and not some mid table PL team.

The impression everyone has of him as this clumsy oaf is completely opposite to his performances. The amount of times I've heard "oh he actually played well tonight" is ridiculous for someone who is apparently useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

You see what you want to see. He consistently finds his own players with the ball. He is a far better tackler than Herrera.

Debatable. Herrera has a knack for winning the ball in a tackle quite cleanly. He also has ideas on what to actually do with the ball when he gets it - his assist for Rashford against Chelsea last week for example. I don't recall Fellaini ever playing a pass like that. I don't think he has the vision and ability to either. Fellaini can be quite clumsy in his tackling in my opinion.I often find I can sense when he's about to foul a player which makes it so frustrating when he actually does. So many times it's obvious that he's going to be 2nd best to a ball and get penalised but he just does it anyway.
    It's hard not to be behind Carrick in passing, like comparing Carrick's running to Fellaini's.

Off the ball stuff, donkey work. What can he actually do with the ball?

Fellaini generally is one of the cleanest tacklers in the team and knows how to get the most from referees generally with a good ability to toe the line once he gets booked.

His tackling cost us 2 points against Everton before Christmas and led to his red card tonight.
    In his more advanced starting position under LVG he was able to receive the ball, turn, and play it forward to a good degree.

A basic requirement for anyone that plays competitive and even amateur football. I can't believe you're citing this as one of his qualities.
    Supporting the players on whatever side he was covering going forward and getting back to tackle. There's a reason why it was Napoli who allegedly wanted him when LVG came in and not some mid table PL team.

Supporting players and tackling. More off the ball talk, what are his qualities when he has the ball?
    The impression everyone has of him as this clumsy oaf is completely opposite to his performances. The amount of times I've heard "oh he actually played well tonight" is ridiculous for someone who is apparently useless.

He is a fairly foolish player. He was played for a fool tonight. He came on to close out the game against Everton and ended up costing us 2 points. His red card against Hull the season before last was shocking. The elbows. That time he just ran the ball out of play under Moyes I think. The countless fouls he has given away from his naivety and inability to read a situation. Intelligent players don't do things like that as often as he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm usually in the voice of reason camp when it comes to Fellaini but it's ridiculous how easily Aguero conned him.

Martial was poor and it looked like he had the beating of Zab if he tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Jaysus lads, did City get a late winner after Fellaini got sent off or something?

Slight moment of madness yes, but Aguero definitely made a meal of it.

I would be happy with a point away from home given the horrendous injury list we currently have. Keeps Pep and the (not so) noisy neighbours quiet for a bit longer too.

Fellaini is more than useful stop-gap to have, and actually played a key part in getting a share of the spoils tonight. Ungainly looking granted, but nowhere near as terrible as portrayed either.

Unfortunately, his reputation among fans is already tainted beyond repair to such an extent that he is a scapegoat for EVERYTHING.

I mean criticising him for not diving during the Aguero dust-up (while at the same time calling Aguero a cheat for the doing so) FFS. Clutching at straws by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So the morning papers saying Trabsonspor want Fellaini.

A lot of them saying James has already chosen his shirt number at United and also Neymar is saying United are wiling to meet Barca's valuation for him.

I would have taken a point before that match, but it wasn't fun watching it reach that outcome.

At this stage of the season, with this length of an injury list and a few important players missing, I can't really fault the manager and team too much for a defensive away performance like that.

Unusual to see neither of our full backs eager to get forward, and I think that offers a glimpse into the defensive game-plan for the match that was in it. Also, our lads at the back were hoofing it forward when they were under little pressure from early on in the game. I definitely think the plan was to allow City to have plenty of the ball. Shame we never got our counter game up and running.

Disappointing from an attacking sense, but Rashford made some nice runs and Martial did a lot from a defensive pov in helping out Darmian on the right. It wasn't easy on the eye or even obvious like his performance against Burnley at the weekend, but it was required and Jose seemed happy with him when he came off.

Fellaini was doing alright up until that minute of madness. Shame, I thought that silliness was behind him plus we're going to miss him over the next few games.

From reading the thread in the build-up to the game, I think most of us would have taken a point if offered beforehand. Maybe 2-2 would have been better for some, or it would have been nice not to have been chasing the ball for large parts of the game, but 0-0 will do me grand.

I8KrPiq.png

hTEc17s.png

As for Top 4, there are too many tough fixtures left for us to play in order for me to see it as a likely outcome. Some of those silly draws v Hull, Burnley, Stoke, Bournemouth earlier in the season are leaving us f*ck-all room for error away to Spurs, Arsenal and Southampton. Then there's the home games v Swansea and Palace which should be wins for us, but those kind of teams have caused us problems at home this season already.

Taking 3 wins and 2 draws from our remaining 5 games which I think would be an optimistic estimate, that would leave us on 75 points.

In that situation with us on a hypothetical 75 points, Liverpool, currently on 66 points with 4 games left to play, need only win 3 of their remaining 4 and draw the other to beat us to 4th and finish on 76 points. Even 3 wins and a loss would be enough for them once they maintained a better GD than us.

Arsenal, currently on 60 points with 6 games to play, are the least likely for 4th IMO. They have Spurs, Stoke and Southampton away, United, Everton and Sunderland at home. At the moment, the most they can finish on is 78 points. In a situation where United and Liverpool break the 75 mark, Arsenal would be likely to drop more than 3 points from that tough run-in they have and finish behind both clubs.

It's not totally over as technically it's "still in our hands", but with the respective run-ins and all things considered, 4th is Liverpool's to lose. City have some very favourable home fixtures which should see them coax over the line to 3rd.

Still, our recent win against Chelsea and the draw against City keeps it interesting, 4/6 points from those two potential bogies on our run-in isn't a bad return. Once we don't undo that decent work and f*ck up at home next Sunday against a dire Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

18156920_10154695247737746_2747781750673658662_n.jpg?oh=7da37cfbb2cf810368c424716f99b305&oe=598A12B0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pogba is one of the best midfielders in the world and cost 3 times Fellaini's already inflated fee. I'd want him to be better.

Fellaini generally is one of the cleanest tacklers in the team and knows how to get the most from referees generally with a good ability to toe the line once he gets booked. In his more advanced starting position under LVG he was able to receive the ball, turn, and play it forward to a good degree. Supporting the players on whatever side he was covering going forward and getting back to tackle. There's a reason why it was Napoli who allegedly wanted him when LVG came in and not some mid table PL team.

Defensively he was good today, shame he was done by a cheat.

Btw Atkinson is a Leeds fan, so not sure why he gets so many ManUtd games. He is terrible and gives so many decisions against us and for some reason he always gets ManUtd vs Chelsea games.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36075347

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Fellaini didn't even make a head movement towards Aguero.....what a sad world we live in, when he is being vilified for that and the Sky Sports team going on about how foolish he was. He stood his ground like a man as far as I could see. Aguero took a dive, making a mockery of the game and it is Fellaini who is the villain.
    The sport is going down the toilet.

Edit: It's Aguero who should have been booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

ericzeking wrote: »
    Fellaini didn't even make a head movement towards Aguero.....what a sad world we live in, when he is being vilified for that and the Sky Sports team going on about how foolish he was. He stood his ground like a man as far as I could see. Aguero took a dive, making a mockery of the game and it is Fellaini who is the villain.

They both did. It looks worse for Fellaini because he is taller

pgpGQp.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I actually think the bounce in fellaini's hair makes it much worse looking it exagerates the movement..... honestly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Fellaini was an idiot,it is 100% his fault, he moved his head towards Aguero.There is zero defence for what he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Stupid from Fellaini after just being booked.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Fellaini was an idiot,it is 100% his fault, he moved his head towards Aguero.There is zero defence for what he did.

He's only an idiot in the context of where the game has gone.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

... and Aguero shouldn't have gone either? Aguero clearly shoves his head in Fellaini's direction, right in front of the Atkinson.

Deplorable refereeing from Atkinson against United yet again. Any time he referees a United match I know its going to be a major struggle to get anything from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Didn't see all the replays last night and while I still think he was silly for leaving his head in, looking at the second part of that gif in slow mo, he has stopped all movement and Aguero followed thru into him and then onto the ground.

Either way by leaving himself open to be booked a second time anyways it showed extremely poor judgement as the team needed everybody available for the run in with the injuries we have and he has let his teammates down in that regard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

cournioni wrote: »
    ... and Aguero shouldn't have gone either? Aguero clearly shoves his head in Fellaini's direction, right in front of the Atkinson.

Deplorable refereeing from Atkinson against United yet again. Any time he referees a United match I know its going to be a major struggle to get anything from the game.

Id say setting up with 10 men behind the ball playing for a draw is why you struggled last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Ah here, this is Liverpool level of excuses.
    While he didn't loaf Augero, he certainly moved his head at him and made contact, which was stupid.
    Right in front of the referee, which was stupid.
    After two fouls on the same person in the space of 30 seconds which was stupid.

Aguero made the most of it but I don't know how anyone can excuse Fellaini for it.
    What's worse is he will get more than 3 games for the red as he wouldn't leave the pitch, effectively finishing him in the league this season, when we are short on players.

Having said that, I wouldn't be getting rid of him because of it. Far more areas to address in the side than a squad player. If we want to flog someone based on last night then Martial should be given the door. Can't get over how disinterested he looked, especially second half. Looking at the ground with his back to play at one stage while a blue shirt ran forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Great post paulbok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Yep, AM needs a kick up the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zerks wrote: »
    So the morning papers saying Trabsonspor want Fellaini.

A lot of them saying James has already chosen his shirt number at United and also Neymar is saying United are wiling to meet Barca's valuation for him.

Where does James actually play lads?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where does James actually play lads?

Real Madrid :)

He is a full-blown proper number 10 loads of assists and good few goals and no defending.

Oh and he also can play as a right sided attacking midfielder

paulbok wrote: »
    Ah here, this is Liverpool level of excuses.
    While he didn't loaf Augero, he certainly moved his head at him and made contact, which was stupid.
    Right in front of the referee, which was stupid.
    After two fouls on the same person in the space of 30 seconds which was stupid.

Aguero made the most of it but I don't know how anyone can excuse Fellaini for it.
    What's worse is he will get more than 3 games for the red as he wouldn't leave the pitch, effectively finishing him in the league this season, when we are short on players.

Having said that, I wouldn't be getting rid of him because of it. Far more areas to address in the side than a squad player. If we want to flog someone based on last night then Martial should be given the door. Can't get over how disinterested he looked, especially second half. Looking at the ground with his back to play at one stage while a blue shirt ran forward.

You too are missing the point I am trying to make. People are calling Fellaini stupid and this and that, some are saying Aguero 'went down easy'. Aguero should be the one who is being vilified here, it is no different to diving in the box to get a penalty and there would be uproar about that.
    The game is at a stage where conning and diving and play acting are at such a innate level that it is just accepted and it is so accepted that the guy who stands up honestly is labelled a fool for not buying into it. We want to stamp out diving but this is all well and good...Henry said last night 'you touch me, I'm gonna go down' and no one questioned him on it....it's sad, it's a sad reflection of where the game is.
    It's not about defending anyone from a United point of view....I'm actually fairly apathetic towards United while JM is the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »
    Real Madrid :)

He is a full-blown proper number 10 loads of assists and good few goals and no defending.

Oh and he also can play as a right sided attacking midfielder
    So he's another mata mikhitaryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Marca going with De Gea has agreed terms with Real Madrid and they say he will cost RM between €70-75 million.

Claims Joe Hart is an option to replace him, but I prefer the MEN story of Oblak being the option, given he has previously talked up about playing in England and the claims his agent has been to United for talks.

Fellaini was stupid last night, he got played.

But I would not be selling him over that, he is a useful player to have.

The best one can say about it now given nothing can be changed is: he will be rested to play the Europa League games.

Are people looking for Fellaini to be sold over last night?

ffs

16027611261493332973.gif

They squared up, Aguero is smaller and it looks like Fellaini put the head in. He clearly didn't headbutt him for god sake. Just doing that stupid squaring foreheads thing men do.

I'm not defending him, I'm just having sympathy, to be honest empathy as well. He clearly has a reputation he cannot shake and I get pretty sad when I see him vilified by our own fans, a player that does the best he can with his limited skillset. Thought he was actually doing well last night too for the majority.

Look whatever, people are just going to vilify Fellaini. He stands his ground and doesn't back down and doesn't play silly buggers.

Thought Neville lost the run of himself a little on commentary with his "played him like a fool". I preferred when diving,cheating and pussies where called out for what it is, rather than now slaughtering players who stand their ground and don't get involved in that nonsense.

I just feel consistent sympathy and just sorry for Fellaini. He came to United about a decade too late, would have been a lovely player to have in the early - mid 90's and I'm pretty sure we would all love him. His style and aggression on the pitch is something just dieing out of the game. And I feel sad about that, as someone growing up was always taught when you get hit, tackled or fouled you get straight back up and don't let the opponent think they've got one on you.

I'm usually in the voice of reason camp when it comes to Fellaini but it's ridiculous how easily Aguero conned him.

Martial was poor and it looked like he had the beating of Zab if he tried.

Lets call a spade a spade, everyone would be singing a massively different tune if that was Zlatan in that scenario. And I'm sure the focus would be on Aguero taking a fall.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Btw Atkinson is a Leeds fan, so not sure why he gets so many ManUtd games. He is terrible and gives so many decisions against us and for some reason he always gets ManUtd vs Chelsea games.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36075347

I wouldn't belittle referees and label them unbiased based on who they support, I just find him a massively over rated referee in general.

Reading Henry Winter this morning claiming it was a brilliant performance and how he showed himself to be an elite ref with his "fitness", pity about some of his brutal decision making. Also seems to have one of those condescending/smug attitudes that I'd say players detest.

• Advertisement

On a separate note, was impressed with Pep's post match. Had an easy outlet that most managers would use moaning about the tactics and plan we had, but didn't use it, even saying it was clear we had a plan to win with the counter.

I know plenty seemed to get massively bitter of the fact he went to City, but he is just such a massively impressive individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Joe Hart replaces DDG, it will be like Obertan replacing Ronaldo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Joe Hart is no more replacing DDG. I love transfer silly season but thats too much even for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

The transfer story are funny this morning.

I'd say the journalists saw what happened with Fellaini last night and plucked a team out of the air to make a story.

He was played by Aguero. I do think the movement of his hair made it look worse than it was though it obviously doesn't excuse him being so reckless and chasing Aguero down. IMO the reaction here was OTT, he shouldn't be sold and Jos? obviously rates him in some way. He can be a good squad player. It may be going against the grain but I also think if it was Herrera in Fellaini's position the majority here would be saying how passionate he is about the club etc etc. Hopefully if the FA are reviewing the footage they will see that more was made of it (by Aguero) and won't extend Fellaini's ban.

I seriously can't see Joe Hart replacing DDG, even if United want him (I doubt :D) as he's played for City for so long. When was the last time we signed a player from City? Was it Tony Coton? (who played zero games)

I would prefer we signed a younger goalkeeper, who would stay for a few years or gave Romero a bit of a chance than sign Joe Hart.

"James has picked his number"- We have all picked out numbers if we were ever to play for United. Surely we don't want another #10/winger with Mata, Miki, Martial (if he stays), Rashford. Especially if he doesn't do much defending as someone mentioned. The was Jos?'s biggest criticsm of Mata IIRC.

I will be surprised if Fellaini is sold and we sign any of the above players.

Duncan Castles keeps pushing the Neymar to United story.
    He says Neymar wants to escape the shadow of Messi and Suarez and that he is not as loved by the fans as they are at the club.
    That he has gone from scoring 70 goals in 2 seasons to just 15 this year as the cloud over his transfer and the tax evasion problems fail to go away.
    He says he is scoring as normal for Brazil: 6 goals in 10 games.
    That United are prepared to pay the release clause and pay him what he wants to extract him from Barcelona.
    Castles thinks United will go for Neymar and Griezmann and that the injury to Ibrahimovic changed the transfer plans.
    That it would really drive up revenue for the club.

I wouldn't belittle referees and label them unbiased based on who they support, I just find him a massively over rated referee in general.

Reading Henry Winter this morning claiming it was a brilliant performance and how he showed himself to be an elite ref with his "fitness", pity about some of his brutal decision making. Also seems to have one of those condescending/smug attitudes that I'd say players detest.

If that's brilliant performance then Henry Winter has his head so far up someone's ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lets call a spade a spade, everyone would be singing a massively different tune if that was Zlatan in that scenario.

And I'm sure the focus would be on Aguero taking a fall.

I wouldnt. Zlatan has the same petulant streak in him if not worse than Fellani, who Id class as more stupid than dirty.

Aguero played his part but its up to Fellani not to react. He leaned his head in, Aguero didnt make him do that, he did that himself.

Do I think he should be sent off ? No, but he has to be smarter and know better. Aguero antagonized him and its up to him to walk away and ignore it, esp after 2 consecutive fouls on the same player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RobertKK wrote: »
    Duncan Castles keeps pushing the Neymar to United story.
    He says Neymar wants to escape the shadow of Messi and Suarez and that he is not as loved by the fans as they are at the club.
    That he has gone from scoring 70 goals in 2 seasons to just 15 this year as the cloud over his transfer and the tax evasion problems fail to go away.
    He says he is scoring as normal for Brazil: 6 goals in 10 games.
    That United are prepared to pay the release clause and pay him what he wants to extract him from Barcelona.
    Castles thinks United will go for Neymar and Griezmann and that the injury to Ibrahimovic changed the transfer plans.
    That it would really drive up revenue for the club.

I just can't see it.

Neymar will just end up signing another new contract in the summer.

200million for the transfer fee for Neymar - plus possibly 26million a year in wages. Plus other transfers on top? I don't see how the club could finance such a deal.The increase in sponsorship that would be required would be HUGE!

FA Punishment

2rrFBbH.gif

jayo26 wrote: »
    I actually think the bounce in fellaini's hair makes it much worse looking it exagerates the movement..... honestly :)

for every action there is an equal an opposite reaction fellainis hair goes back first so the force is coming from aguero. Aguero hair is also going forawrd. case closed

Ya science. :D

No idea if thats true sounds good though

I just can't see it.

Neymar will just end up signing another new contract in the summer.

200million for the transfer fee for Neymar - plus possibly 26million a year in wages. Plus other transfers on top? I don't see how the club could finance such a deal.The increase in sponsorship that would be required would be HUGE!

I think Neymar is a player that Ed has wanted for a long time, Jose tried to get him when at Madrid, maybe the injury to Zlatan means United will try and get Neymar as our new striker.

United bring in somewhere around £530 million a year, and that will increase.
    It is getting easier to finance such deals.

Rooney will be leaving.
    If and it is a very big if, if Neymar was bought then Martial would most likely be sold, maybe to PSG.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement