Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This is the worse match I've seen all season. I thought the City game was bad but this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Quandary wrote: »
    Another draw here. Top 4 gone too now.

And with the injuries piling up Europa gone too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Anyone back a 1-1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hococop wrote: »
    And with the injuries piling up Europa gone too

Very hard to see us win it now alright. Injuries have been horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Just hilarious how many opportunities we have bottled

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

How many opportunities are we gonna pass on to get into top 4!!! Fcking ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

absolutely awful by Rashford

awful awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Would anyone be all that bothered if Rashford dived to get the winner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sand wrote: »
    Would anyone be all that bothered if Rashford dived to get the winner?

Liverpool fans mainly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rashfords corners are terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My heart sank when I saw Rashford taking that late free. His set pieces have been awful and I dont know why he's on them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This was it. This was the game where I accepted top 4 was gone. We have had chance after chance...

There are so many players who just aren't good enough and don't see to give a ****. If they can't get hyped for a match against relegation candidates to finally get into the top four? Bunch of bottlers. Roll on the summer.

Lingard has been shocking this half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mg Young is ****ing atrocious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That would be top four definitely gone now you have to think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Gutless

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Horrific stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

All eggs into the Europa basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jose needs to find the answers, not good enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Bye bye Wayne Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    That would be too four definitely gone now you have to think.

Injuries are a bigger concern at this stage.

We can't have any complaints, we were terrible.

We didn't deserve to be ahead so Swansea can feel slightly aggrieved to not get all 3.

Disappointed but not even remotely surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Can someone please tell me what Rooney was thinking giving away that free kick??? ... bordering on retardation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Injuries are a joke at this stage, can't believe how many games we have bottled this season, should be double digits at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Supporting United has become a joyless chore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Lucky to get the draw, Swansea the better team there today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

We deserved nothing from that game. This was the real must win game and we were truly awful. Beyond disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The makeshift team keeps us unbeaten, is the best one can say after that.

The team looks knackered and even though we didn't play well we still have some control on that game. That's when you need your cool heads in the side to make sure that we see this out. Jose would have told them not to give away set pieces, but then you have that utter imbecile Rooney giving Sigurdson one on a plate.

Games like that make me furious. So many lazy shíte performances with a lack of any real leadership coming from anyone. I would have rathered not watch that game if I'd of known beforehand.
    The injuries just make it even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This was it. This was the game where I accepted top 4 was gone. We have had chance after chance...

There are so many players who just aren't good enough and don't see to give a ****. If they can't get hyped for a match against relegation candidates to finally get into the top four? Bunch of bottlers. Roll on the summer.

I was very worried about getting a flat performance today, it was very much on the cards so I'm not that surprised really. At 1-0 I would have taken that result and ran.

I don't know why people expected anything different after they equalised, we were never going to score again. We are relying on a 19 year old and a 21 year old up front, one of whom is already notorious for going missing in games, where did people think the goals were going to come from? Ashley Young?

Special shout out to Wayne Rooney, an utterly abject performance topped off with conceding a braindead foul, pat yourself on the back there Wayne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

The team look completely bolloxed. I'm dreading Thursday.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Jose needs to find the answers, not good enough.

He is patching up a team each week.

What a joke of a performance. Chance to go third and we bottle it AGAIN!!! Injuries is no excuse for that. Bloody Swansea city ffs.

After that, I'm not confident at all that we will win Europa now. Jose under pressure now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

A lot of issues with that game and performance today but Jesus Christ **** sake Wayne Rooney!!!!

What a stupid poxy free kick to give away for there goal. Amazing free kick to score it but hes a thick **** giving it away.

Very very annoying as we where comfortable enough at that stage in the second half.

Ah well unless Liverpool lose today its done surely now.

Baily injured as well now to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You simply cannot give Siggy a free kick like that.

But the focus will be on that one moment. Don't let that distract from how poor everyone was all over the pitch for 90 minutes.

You take out Ibra, Pogba and Mata and we're right back to where we were last year. No leadership on the field :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Time after time after time we have blown chances of getting into Top 4.

A bit of bottling this season no matter if I hate saying it.

EL all way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

kona wrote: »
    The team look completely bolloxed. I'm dreading Thursday.

Agreed. Could have nicked that but didn't deserve it.

Rooney miss and foul costing us.

At least Fellaini being sent off will be forgotten about now that we have Rooney to insult for the next 4 days.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You simply cannot give Siggy a free kick like that.

But the focus will be on that one moment. Don't let that distract from how poor everyone was all over the pitch for 90 minutes.

You take out Ibra, Pogba and Mata and we're right back to where we were last year. No leadership on the field :/

That all comes down to the recruitment by LVG and Moyes. Jose will get it right next year, a lot of players are letting him in these drwan games at Old Trafford.

I hope that is the last game we see of Rooney, utterly pointless all game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Time after time after time we have blown chances of getting into Top 4.

A bit of bottling this season no matter if I hate saying it.

EL all way now.
    Totally agree Kew, time to start resting players in the PL and go all out to win the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

10/18 home league draws this year. Regardless of what happened today that's why we're not finishing in top 4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

It would be a crime against football if this mob somehow manage to win the EL.

• Not good enough from those players but also not good enough from Jose

Up to him to motivate them

Why?

Arsenal
    Spurs
    Southampton
    C.Palace

Yup we've left it too late. Bye bye top 4. City and Pool will stroll past their games and wave us goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Rashford taking every single set piece was a joke. Not one was quality. I am also losing patience with Mkhi tbh, loses the ball way to often for my liking. So annoyed, that was the easy game of all our games left this season and 1-1 was actually lucky

With the state of our current squad and the way we are playing, it would be an unbelievable achievement for this 'mob' to win the EL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hopefully that's the last we seen of Rooney in a Utd shirt. Nothing performance topped off with an absolutely idiotic fouls to give that free kick for the goal.

Top 4 well and truly gone now. So many poor poor performances. Carrick was really poor and poster boy Herrera was awful too. Blind was poor too.

At the least the three lads up front tried and created some things.

You just knew once Swansea equalised that Utd wouldn't score again.

Its just infuriating to see such another spineless performance from this bunch of players when they are yet again given a chance to put pressure on their rivals and give themselves a chance.

I don't want to hear about ****ing injuries or how many games the team have played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The worry is now that EL could easily blow up in our face now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The injuries are the real concern, as they could impact the EL run which are the only real games left. The performance was also poor, but some of that can be excused by the injuries before the game, and the injuries during the game disrupting the gameplan. However, there was a real lack of urgency at times, with some lazy, misplaced passes. Not encouraging in that sense.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement