Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

The worry is now that EL could easily blow up in our face now too

Oh it will, we have no defenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RobertKK wrote: »
    The makeshift team keeps us unbeaten, is the best one can say after that.

I know you are mr positivity but a bit of sick just came up reading this.

Have you ever considered a career in politics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Ah well, Europa league or bust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

paulbok wrote: »
    Anyone back a 1-1?

Yeah, backed that and a defensive injury. PP paid out before a ball was kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Time to play some youngsters in the league. 4th is gone.

I get angry every time i see Young starting, not good enough. He is a championship quality player these days.

Lord TSC wrote: »

You take out Ibra, Pogba and Mata and we're right back to where we were last year. No leadership on the field :/

Of those three only Ibra has shown some leadership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

When you have fecking Leon Britton running the midfield then something is wrong. Carrick managed to hide in front of 75,000 for 80 minutes. He was only noticed near the end.Rooney can go where he wants so long as it's not on a pitch for United.
    Our fullbacks were given time and space to get forward but know killed our attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Time after time after time we have blown chances of getting into Top 4.

A bit of bottling this season no matter if I hate saying it.

EL all way now.

A bit? The amount of bottling this season would make Arsenal blush. Serious questions over this teams mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jones and Smalling look like they are done at the club after that remark.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    Of those three only Ibra has shown some leadership.

Maybe leadership is the wrong word. I know you are hard on Pogba but I feel when him, Mata and Ibra were playing, we were getting 15 chances a game. Remove them, and we are barely getting five. Pogba might have some poor games, but I trust him to be trying to drive things forward. The last few games without him, we have looked utterly aimless in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

"To leave the pitch after 10 mins I am expecting a very big injury"

Bye Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

zerks wrote: »

Yeah, I agree, their days look numbered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Top 4 well and truly gone now. So many poor poor performances. Carrick was really poor

This is who I was most worried about when reading all the people slating Felliani this past few days, I had a suspicion that today was when Felliani was needed the most because I fully expected Carrick to be a liability.

So soon after the high pressure City game was always going to be a problem for Carrick, at his age he just doesn't have the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

zerks wrote: »

I would hold on to Smalling for one more season, but Jones can go. If it is true that he has a broken toe and isn't pushing himself to be available then that is beyond pathetic when you look at the injury crisis we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What comment did he make RE. Jones & Smalling?

This is who I was most worried about when reading all the people slating Felliani this past few days, I had a suspicion that today was when Felliani was needed the most because I fully expected Carrick to be a liability.

So soon after the high pressure City game was always going to be a problem for Carrick, at his age he just doesn't have the legs.

We probably should have kept Schwensteiger for the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

pjohnson wrote: »

He refused to talk about them but proceeded to praise Mata for making himself available and pushing himself.

pjohnson wrote: »

Praised Mata for making himself available, but refused to comment on Jones and Smalling which shows that he is pretty annoyed that they are not making themselves available for the run in.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »

It's all getting bit bizzare really. So we are going to have to replace two centre backs, a left back, possibly a goal keeper, Ibra and Rooney? And that's before making any additions.

I honestly have no idea what will happen on the summer but I will be shocked if all those players leave and even more shocked if they are all replaced.

I would love to know what is going on with Jones and Smalling. Are they really acting the maggot or is Jose just using their injuries to force th out of the club?

It seems obvious he has little time for Shaw and his attitude, rightly or wrongly.

It's all getting bit bizzare really. So we are going to have to replace two centre backs, a left back, possibly a goal keeper, Ibra and Rooney? And that's before making any additions.

I honestly have no idea what will happen on the summer but I will be shocked if all those players leave and even more shocked if they are all replaced.

I would love to know what is going on with Jones and Smalling. Are they really acting the maggot or is Jose just using their injuries to force th out of the club?

It seems obvious he has little time for Shaw and his attitude, rightly or wrongly.

They aren't up to the standard, nor can they be relied upon. I trust Jose's judgement on this because we all have been extremely disappointed with Jones and Smalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I would be highly shocked and amused to hear that they are indeed acting the maggot, because how stupid would they have to be to do that? It would only end one way, with them ****ed out of the club.

I don't blame him, in my opinion Shaw was toast months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

good ****ing riddance to Jones and Smalling in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

And possibly Martial, Young and Blind

edgecutter wrote: »
    They aren't up to the standard, nor can they be relied upon. I trust Jose's judgement on this because we all have been extremely disappointed with Jones and Smalling.

I disagree about them being up to standard but that wasn't the point I was raising. I was asking what was really going on with the two of them and Jose publicly criticising them all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would love to know the details of the Jones and Smalling stuff. They don't strike me as gutless players, injury prone yes, but not cowardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Crazy how Mata who had a surgery on his groin is back already yet Jones who injured his toe is still faffing about behind the scenes. He needs to be the first one booted out the door this summer. Can't have these soft pu**ies at our club not showing the determination and fight that Jose and the club need in this difficult situation. Smalling is very close as well though i'd give him one more season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If Jose is speaking (or more accurately not speaking) about Jones & Smalling like that, they surely must be close to recovery. I mean he's not coming out and saying "well Rojo should be making an effort to play". It's an odd one really and I too would love to know the full story. Jones doesn't strike me as the kind of guy not to throw himself in, if he was in any way able to however. Smalling, I'm not sure.

Nice to see him praise Mata.

• Headshot wrote: »
    good ****ing riddance to Jones and Smalling in the summer

Harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

City getting beat now, watch them and Liverpool drop points aswell and we still wont capitalise on it

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    And possibly Martial, Young and Blind

I can't see I t happening. I can't see all the players I listed leaving and I don't see any of the above three leaving.
    I think Jose will keep both Young and Blind because of their versatility and I think Martial has been good more often than not lately(thought he was very good today) and has cemented his place for next season, of indeed it was in doubt.

From a purely numbers game it's mind boggling how many players could potentially leave. I just can't see it happening.

Rooney and Ibra are the only two certainties at the moment imo, although Shaw looks likely as well as Jose just keeps having digs at him and obviously doesn't trust him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Boro a goal up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

City getting beat.

That Knife is going in bit deeper

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would love to know the details of the Jones and Smalling stuff. They don't strike me as gutless players, injury prone yes, but not cowardly.

Jose is a master at deflecting the blame and criticism away from himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Is there any evidence Shaw has an attitude? He's a young player who had a good enough attitude to become a PL quality player, put in enough quality performances to earn himself a move to Man United for 37.5 million, turning down Chelsea who also wanted him, reacted to criticism on his weight in his first season by hiring personal trainers to work through the summer and worked hard to overcome a devastating injury.

I mean, I'm seeing more evidence the guy has a very strong and good attitude, rather than the sulking coward Mourinho is portraying. Mourinho has a man management style that I heard best described as ' two rutting stags clashing in a forest'. He is going to insult and belittle Shaw to try and provoke a reaction out of him. Same with Jones (who is brave to a line bordering stupidity). And Smalling (who in fairness I recall being brave enough to play upfront in an EL game under Van Gaal whilst clearly injured) If that is necessary and positive is another thing. Especially when he clearly plays favourites with other players.

The squad is in need of updating, every squad is every season. But talk of clearing out 10-11 players and replacing them in a single transfer window is madness. Mourinho is in the position to get positive performances and result from the squad as it exists today. He is capable of doing it. He just needs to start focusing on that rather than picking arguments with the likes of Shaw who can be a positive member of the team.

In fairness I think Blind has done ok the last few games. If he is happy with a squad role like that, definitely keep him. Experienced, cool head and great to be able to call on him when a couple of injuries pile up, even if far from ideal.
    However, he may want to leave for first team football which I could understand, but as a back-up back-up, we are lucky to have him.

I can't see I t happening. I can't see all the players I listed leaving and I don't see any of the above three leaving.
    I think Jose will keep both Young and Blind because of their versatility and I think Martial has been good more often than not lately(thought he was very good today) and has cemented his place for next season, of indeed it was in doubt.

From a purely numbers game it's mind boggling how many players could potentially leave. I just can't see it happening.

Rooney and Ibra are the only two certainties at the moment imo, although Shaw looks likely as well as Jose just keeps having digs at him and obviously doesn't trust him.
    I agree Adox but there is potentially 8 -10 players who could be sold!
    Really hope Martial, Shaw and De Gea dont go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

After listening to that it would seem there's some mess in the club.
    Smalling and Jones if they are relatively fit should be ashamed of themselves. I'd believe it too the mentality in the club is shocking. Even having 4th as a achievement is a ****ing joke. 5 years ago finishing 4th would be a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Harsh

meh

If your not driving to play for the team and rather just sit it out and make sure your 100% you deserve to go.

Mata is the prime example, the guy should of been out for the rest of the season but nope he wants to help the team. ****ing dedication that is

We need all men on deck at the moment and the 2 English guys are letting us down.

• Headshot wrote: »
    meh

If your not driving to play for the team and rather just sit it out and make sure your 100% you deserve to go.

Mata is the prime example, the guy should of been out for the rest of the season but nope he wants to help the team. ****ing dedication that is

We need all men on deck at the moment and the 2 English guys are letting us down.

If players are injured players are injured.
    I don't doubt there commitment because when they are fit and available they are good players. I base that decision on watching them play.

Just because Jose has a few harsh words for them doesn't mean much and we do not know what's going on in the background

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd nearly rather City win to put me out of my misery. I'd be physically sick of they threw away points after we did...

I disagree about them being up to standard but that wasn't the point I was raising. I was asking what was really going on with the two of them and Jose publicly criticising them all the time.

They aren't up to the standard for winning the league. We haven't been close to the top since Rio and Vidic left and these two are more often out injured than fit. We were all shocked when Jones played games consecutively.

Sand wrote: »
    Is there any evidence Shaw has an attitude? He's a young player who had a good enough attitude to become a PL quality player, put in enough quality performances to earn himself a move to Man United for 37.5 million, turning down Chelsea who also wanted him, reacted to criticism on his weight in his first season by hiring personal trainers to work through the summer and worked hard to overcome a devastating injury.

I mean, I'm seeing more evidence the guy has a very strong and good attitude, rather than the sulking coward Mourinho is portraying. Mourinho has a man management style that I heard best described as ' two rutting stags clashing in a forest'. He is going to insult and belittle Shaw to try and provoke a reaction out of him. Same with Jones (who is brave to a line bordering stupidity). And Smalling (who in fairness I recall being brave enough to play upfront in an EL game under Van Gaal whilst clearly injured) If that is necessary and positive is another thing. Especially when he clearly plays favourites with other players.

The squad is in need of updating, every squad is every season. But talk of clearing out 10-11 players and replacing them in a single transfer window is madness. Mourinho is in the position to get positive performances and result from the squad as it exists today. He is capable of doing it. He just needs to start focusing on that rather than picking arguments with the likes of Shaw who can be a positive member of the team.

Sorry on the Shaw thing, I meant Joses perception of Shaws attitude which Jose obviously has a problem with.

I have no idea what Shaws attitude is to his profession on a daily basis.

Robson99 wrote: »
    I agree Adox but there is potentially 8 -10 players who could be sold!
    Really hope Martial, Shaw and De Gea dont go.

I don't understand why everyone wants to keep him. He hasn't shown enough consistency and is always out with some niggling injury. We can't keep waiting and hoping that it will click for him.

How many players in our squad would be around in a title winning squad for us?

Not many anyway.

Starters:
    Bailly, Rojo, Herrera, Pogba, Mkhiki(maybe)

Possibly squad players:
    Romero, Fellaini, Valencia, Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Darmian

Not good enough: Young, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Rooney, Shaw, Carrick

Leaving:
    De Gea
    Ibra

It will be many years untill we will be competing for league titles.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just because Jose has a few harsh words for them doesn't mean much and we do not know what's going on in the background

This. We don't know the full story. It would be unlike Jones at least.

Headshot wrote: »
    meh

But we don't really know what's going on do we? That's why I asked the questions earlier(which were rhetorical really).

Look I'm delighted Jose is at the club but I'm not going to take what he says about the pair of them on face value. He could be saying it for numerous reasons.

Whatever is going on it is all very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd nearly rather City win to put me out of my misery. I'd be physically sick of they threw away points after we did...

Feel the same. Just wish all this top 4 s**t was over. It's embarrasing, sickening and mentally draining wishing United will eventually get in there when we clearly won't.

Our last 4 PL games are all tough. This was our easiest one and we fcuked up big time.

I don't understand why everyone wants to keep him. He hasn't shown enough consistency and is always out with some niggling injury. We can't keep waiting and hoping that it will click for him.

Because he deserves another season and a proper chance. We have much bigger problems that need adressing. Centre half, 2 middle of the park players and an out and out winger

• Advertisement

They aren't up to the standard for winning the league. We haven't been close to the top since Rio and Vidic left and these two are more often out injured than fit. We were all shocked when Jones played games consecutively.

Both have won the premier league already?

Anyway again that wasn't the point of my post so I dint know why you keep going back to this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement