Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hoping with the likely rotation coming up, we get to see Martial start up front in these upcoming premier league games.

You'd imagine Rashford will be rested anyway, especially given he limped off last night, so I'd say its a sure thing that Martial starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hopefully that wasn't Young's last outing for the club. Very good squad option to have going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fellaini made sure he will be rested for the biggest game of the season.

Prediction for Sunday:
    Carrick
    De Gea
    Darmian
    Martial
    Mata ( a maybe)
    Rooney
    Smalling
    Blind
    Valencia
    Lingard
    Herrera due to lack of options to rest him

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Hopefully that wasn't Young's last outing for the club. Very good squad option to have going forward.

He was linked to China over the Xmas break, wasn't he? I wonder if he's happy being a third choice jack of all trades, or if he might want one last big money move for a year....

Ozil giving a shout out to Jose in Marca today. When asked about the pressure of playing at Real...

"You can't compare the expectations of any club with those at Real Madrid, not even Arsenal or the German national team," the 28-year-old told Goal.

"At Madrid you have to win every game. If you draw, even against Barcelona, you're failing. Especially if you're a young player, you have to play with that mentality. [Jose] Mourinho helped me a lot with that, he always supported me and got the best out of me."

Ozil to United stories in 5....4....3....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

On the rumour/transfer front which I don't follow much anymore, I did have flash across something I was reading Lacazette to meet with Lyon officials at end of season to discuss his future. Seemingly Athletico want him and he wishes to move there?

Oh I wonder what that could mean :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

So according to Graham Hunter on last nights Off The Ball, the tax issue on Spanish buy out clauses has not been resolved. Utd would still need to give Griezmann his buy out clause money plus 30% for the Spanish tax man to get him out of Atletico.

He also says that Atletico have no intention of selling anyone with the transfer ban still in place and the imminent move to their new stadium. And that Griezmann doesn't actually want to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yes 7

I love the number 7 tbh. Excellent number imho.

• Giggsy11 wrote: »
    His yellow was a farce. He didn't do anything wrong.

Just to clarify I'm not arguing that. But he was carrying the yellow at that stage and he nearly got another for being clumsy.
    Around the 85th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So according to Graham Hunter on last nights Off The Ball, the tax issue on Spanish buy out clauses has not been resolved. Utd would still need to give Griezmann his buy out clause money plus 30% for the Spanish tax man to get him out of Atletico.

He also says that Atletico have no intention of selling anyone with the transfer ban still in place and the imminent move to their new stadium. And that Griezmann doesn't actually want to leave.

Feels too long since we have had a saga to be honest.

Jose and Eddie were too ruthless last summer, minus craic :P

• Advertisement

Graham Hunter is so pro Spain and Barcelona, that I think he is a bit biased in his assessment.

He talks of a transfer ban, yet the media links Lacazette with Atletico.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Graham Hunter is so pro Spain and Barcelona, that I think he is a bit biased in his assessment.

He talks of a transfer ban because currently Atletico are banned from signing any players. They're waiting on the result of an appeal to the CAS.

The media can link who they want to them, it doesn't change the fact that right now they can't sign anyone until next January.

Talk that Real Madrid might be interested in selling Bale since he turned into a Phil Jones and keeps medics in jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pogba was excellent last night, especially in the first half. faded a little in the second but was still an influence.

Thought Herrera was pretty anonymous for large parts of the game and was poor. I also thought Bailly was dodgy for large parts of the game. Valencai I thought was poor too.

Celta Vigo look very open at the back so should play right into Utds hands in the second leg.

He talks of a transfer ban because currently Atletico are banned from signing any players. They're waiting on the result of an appeal to the CAS.

The media can link who they want to them, it doesn't change the fact that right now they can't sign anyone until next January.

Atletico are using the same premise that got Real Madrid's transfer ban halved, blaming the Spanish FA for not explaining the rules properly and the Spanish FA were to testify for Atletico at the recent hearing to take some of responsibility.
    It worked for Real Madrid, no reason it won't for Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Atletico are using the same premise that got Real Madrid's transfer ban halved, blaming the Spanish FA for not explaining the rules properly and the Spanish FA were to testify for Atletico at the recent hearing to take some of responsibility.

Real play by different rules ,wouldn't surprise me one bit if Atletico didn't get the same reprieve as Real.

All the Spanish reporters I follow/listen to (a lot more than just Hunter) say that it's not the same (Atletico got a fine 3 times larger than Real) and that they are less likely to have their ban overturned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Talk that Real Madrid might be interested in selling Bale since he turned into a Phil Jones and keeps medics in jobs.

Would be a great fit, given our injury issues. Would have loads of company in the physio room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just to clarify I'm not arguing that. But he was carrying the yellow at that stage and he nearly got another for being clumsy.
    Around the 85th minute.

Yeah I agree with that. He lost the tackle so tried to hold player's hand, luckily he failed.

I was so pissed off at that moment. Me and my brother were throwing all sorts of abuse at that time.

All the Spanish reporters I follow/listen to (a lot more than just Hunter) say that it's not the same (Atletico got a fine 3 times larger than Real) and that they are less likely to have their ban overturned.

I read that Atletico were confident.

I suppose it could rest on the Spanish FA if they have accepted some of the responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jayop wrote: »
    Trying the think, would this be our 7th European final if we make it? Can't think of any others than the 5 European cups and the cup winners cup. We've a pretty good record in finals if so winning 4 and losing 2 against an excellent Barca side.

#inverseklopp :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

This is from march stating that the bill was passed last October

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-tax-payable-spanish-buyout-clauses-leaving-man-united-free-run-griezmann/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He mentioned an appeal on the ban and that clubs put up a front on clauses while deals are done in the background to avoid all the tax on buyout clauses.We all know the craic,"we aren't selling,blah,blah " then viola the player moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bailly nominated for EPL player of the month.Just flashed up on SSN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

wong wrote: »
    Blind was excellent again last night. He doesn't get the credit he deserves but whenever he have needed him, he has stepped up.

Darmian also has done well I think in recent weeks. Still poisonous in possession but a decent option to have in the squad, wouldn't have been as inclined to get rid as I was a couple of months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hon Stewart.

Brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bm8_S5x_FCEAEZDZ1.jpg

Happy crystanbul day guys :)

• Advertisement

My favourite gif.

cfdsfdsgfhfdburlz.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bm8_S5x_FCEAEZDZ1.jpg

Happy crystanbul day guys :)
    My favourite gif.

cfdsfdsgfhfdburlz.gif

Greatest day in football, only 2nd to THE SLIP.

My favourite gif.

cfdsfdsgfhfdburlz.gif

Disappointment on their faces when they realised they had waste all that money on t-shirts.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Greatest day in football, only 2nd to THE SLIP.

Greatest non United related day anyway! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

My favourite gif.

cfdsfdsgfhfdburlz.gif

This is brilliant haha the fella with glasses gets me everytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I must be in a minority there. All up for banter but can't look at genuine fans being heartbroken. Know that feeling too well. It was a couple of weeks before I teased my Liverpool mates over that season.

• Advertisement

This is a close second...

Feck it it's Friday so I'll post it.

4hySgQo.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Never seen so much racism in one gif.

I love the elderly jack in the box in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My favourite gif.

cfdsfdsgfhfdburlz.gif

The lad in the middle looks like a hybrid version of John Bishop and Jabba the Hutt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Disappointment on their faces when they realised they had waste all that money on t-shirts.

And the bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Thanks for clarification I wasn't sure which thread I clicked on

garra wrote: »
    Thanks for clarification I wasn't sure which thread I clicked on

tumblr_m8chg7_ORRp1rtmlvfo4_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I must be in a minority there. All up for banter but can't look at genuine fans being heartbroken. Know that feeling too well. It was a couple of weeks before I teased my Liverpool mates over that season.

Yeah, it's childish stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

ShooterSF wrote: »

Ah come on, it's a bit of harmless fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Rachel Riley..

O
    M
    G

Love to see her getting hot sweaty in a United jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My dad would bash your dad.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Rod Munch wrote: »
    My dad would bash your dad.

:mad:

I'd bash you, and then your dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

You'd wonder

Hands up who uses MK-HIT-A-RYAN still when spelling his name? Its bloody genius cant remember which one of ye cool dudes came up with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Hands up who uses MK-HIT-A-RYAN still when spelling his name? Its bloody genius cant remember which one of ye cool dudes came up with it.

100%. No chance id remember it without thinking of that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement