Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liverpool will win. Not even bothered.

The idea that we could be given ANOTHER chance is too absurd, and I refuse to accept its a possibility. I'm just waiting for them to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You might pm me dude. Can't get it going. Tested BT and the likes and they are fine.

On it press up then red button for all channels and use another ss1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

C_OqiU7W0AA6psV.jpg:large

With the exception of Axel, that team should be well up for this. Optamistic now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would've rested Herrera but decent team otherwise. Definitely capable of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

That's a pretty strong team in fairness. Cmon Utd!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

A two man midfield including Old Man Carrick makes me nervous. Don't see what Rooney offers either

ScummyMan wrote: »
    A two man midfield including Old Man Carrick makes me nervous. Don't see what Rooney offers either

A break for Rashford and Pogba?

I'd say herrera is starting because Fellaini can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

ScummyMan wrote: »

Don't worry, they are up against a two man midfield of Xhaka and Ramsey.

• Advertisement

We'll still be fifth whatever happens today! Grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The way Jose was talking I thought he would be playing himself :D

As long as we dont give Arsenal a good start like last season we should well able to nick something off them with that team,

Arsenal will try to make a fast start

Wow.

Top 4 back in our hands AGAIN! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Top 4 back in our own hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Doesn't change much today we are up against it either way anything we get in the league is a bonus.

Jesus christ!! Top 4 is open for us once again. When is this torture gonna end???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Watching Liverpool floundering constantly, giving us chance after chance to catch up is infuriating. So many fcuking draws :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'm probably a sucker for punishment but now I want a win today to give us a back up next weekend if things go tits up on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

jayo26 wrote: »
    Doesn't change much today we are up against it either way anything we get in the league is a bonus.

A win today would make things interesting though. Top 4 would be in our own hands with 3 left to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Draw or loss it is so, I'd take a loss over a draw anyway.

Let the Arse get 4th, keep Wenger in a job and put LFC into the EL.

We then win the el and laugh our cotton socks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Fook Sake Liverpool. They are blessed we have tough fixtures and we are in the Europa League otherwise they'd be finishing 5th.

• Advertisement

A win today would make things interesting though. Top 4 would be in our own hands with 3 left to play

It sure would but I really can't see us winning the next four games in league and Liverpool should easily get 6 from westham and Middlesbrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

There is noting easy when it comes to Liverpool and Utd this season

Both teams have shown they are well capable of messing up on any given day

• :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I swear the season will be over, we will be in fifth and still be in with a shout of top four!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wow.

Top 4 back in our hands AGAIN! :o

Just jinxed us.:eek:

JamboMac wrote: »
    Just jinxed us.:eek:

United don't need any outside help fir jinx

Jesus what a stat. Jones and Smalling have only 17 appearances together as centre backs. That's ridiculous. Id say Bailly and Rojo nearly have that in one season.

• Rod Munch wrote: »
    Draw or loss it is so, I'd take a loss over a draw anyway.

Let the Arse get 4th, keep Wenger in a job and put LFC into the EL.

We then win the el and laugh our cotton socks off.

Ah lad, losing against arsenal is not something I want no matter whats going on

I always want to beat them and I'm confident of a result

Come on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I can see Liverpool dropping more points and we still won't overhaul them. If Arsenal beat us today they might spring back into life and steal 4th.

As long as Liverpool miss out on champions league I don't really care how our league campaign finishes, as long as we win the Europa League of course :)

Great to have Mata back!!!

• Advertisement

Can not lose de gea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Just looking at the game so far. We will do well to get anything out of it. If we were to get anything we would need to score first.

Absolutely hate the way Mata abandons the right wing position when we are attacking. He effectively crowds the middle, narrows their backline and limits our options. Id play him centrally and put Rooney out there.

Lads it doesn't matter who we buy to replace DeGea as all goalies play brilliant at old trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GSPfan wrote: »
    Absolutely hate the way Mata abandons the right wing position when we are attacking. He effectively crowds the middle, narrows their backline and limits our options. Id play him centrally and put Rooney out there.

I think it's more to do with Valencia not being out there. Mata isn't out and out and the full backs are expected to provide the width. Tuanzabe is pretty reserved so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing Rooney

awful miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Rooney is just a parody these days. That's absolutely infuriating how he didn't slide it to Mata.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think it's more to do with Valencia not being out there. Mata isn't out and out and the full backs are expected to provide the width. Tuanzabe is pretty reserved so far.

No he is definitely supposed to be out there it's just he wanders inside too early and too much. He's not a winger but he shouldn't be dead centre of the pitch as much as he is. Full backs cannot and should not be the only player on one side of a pitch when the attack is on. They provide width, not the only attacking option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Frustrated with the tactics here, a point is no better than a loss.

We need to go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Frustrated with the tactics here, a point is no better than a loss.

We need to go for it

Need Pogba on. There is no creativity in the middle..

Decent first half. Look very dangerous on the break. Arsenal all over the shop at the back. Arsenal had a lot of possession as the half wore on and we didn't my have an out ball but I'm pretty happy so far. There's a goal in this for Martial with Arsenal back line being so poor.

astradave wrote: »
    Need Pogba on. There is no creativity in the middle..

With the tactics and tha way the game has shaped up I think any three of Carrick Herrera or Rooney are more than capable of putting a ball in behind Arsenals high line.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Just looking at the game so far. We will do well to get anything out of it. If we were to get anything we would need to score first.

We are relatively comfortable imo and as likely to score as Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Rooney playing well but should have played Mata in for a tap in. Frustrating.

• Advertisement

I couldn't really care less about the result here. A win would be hilarious as it makes Liverpool fans more nervy but realistically the Europa League is our way into the Champions League. All of our thoughts should be on that. Leave Pogba on the bench, don't want him straining anything for the sake of trying to win this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GSPfan wrote: »
    No he is definitely supposed to be out there it's just he wanders inside too early and too much. He's not a winger but he shouldn't be dead centre of the pitch as much as he is. Full backs cannot and should not be the only player on one side of a pitch when the attack is on. They provide width, not the only attacking option.

It hasn't been a problem in the season up to this point so that makes me think it's tactical.

I do agree though, there is no one on that right flank when they are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Not even that upset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Toothless in attack, as are Arsenal so probably time to lump on no more goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Game Over.

Throw on McTominey for Herrera now to rest him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement