Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That's gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seriously, Herrera? I've seen U-13's hitting harder shots, for fúck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That's that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Jaysus that was jammy. Poor from Herrera really though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

There's no doubting Mourinho's ability to mould a team and get them defending properly and securing results. Still given the amount of money they have spent are Man U fans happy with the style of play under Mourinho?

• TheCitizen wrote: »
    There's no doubting Mourinho's ability to mould a team and get them defending properly and securing results. Still given the amount of money they have spent are Man U fans happy with the style of play under Mourinho?

You timed that one alright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Could end up 4 or 5 now.

We needed to score first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

There's that homegrown lad we sold to a rival for ?14mn again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Getting what we deserve here and what should have happened to us against City. No desire to win either game. Pathetic stuff.

Looks like unbeaten run Is finally over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Well that's the worlds most average unbeaten run ended. Jose's unbeaten streak over Wenger comes to an end too.

Honestly not bothered. Only thing that'll piss me off today is any more injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Thankfully, such a depressing streak

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You timed that one alright
    I think they'll still win the EL and get into the CL that way. I backed them to win that competition before the 1st leg win over Celta Vigo at evens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Madness bringing on Rashford. He may not care about 4th but he's lying if he says his streak against Wenger isn't on his mind. Jeopardizing our EL chances now over a personal vendetta.

Hococop wrote: »

Thankfully, such a depressing streak

I hate seeing us lose no matter who its against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

TheCitizen wrote:

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Carrick and Rooney in midfield?

This could get very ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

At least this joke of a league campaign is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

In fairness it was a joke of an unbeaten run anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I don't get the logic of waiting until 0-2 down to bring on Rashford. EL is the priority. Even 2-2 as a result is not good enough to get top 4.

I really hate losing to Arsenal, probably more so than anyone else in the league.

• Sand wrote: »
    I don't get the logic of waiting until 0-2 down to bring on Rashford. EL is the priority. Even 2-2 as a result is not good enough to get top 4.

Stupid from Jose
    He setup this way and now panic stations for nothing
    Risking players for the sake of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Smalling and Jones are both dreadful defenders - get rid

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Stupid from Jose
    He setup this way and now panic stations for nothing
    Risking players for the sake of it

0-2 down he should have been taking off the likes of Mata, Mkhitaryan and Herrera and bringing on the reserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Martial has been horse****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Rooney is almost a liability out there for us.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Martial has been horse****

Up until last few minutes most of out attacking players have been very deep so I'm not surprised in any of them looking poor.

Arsenal are an average team ffs with the players we had put out there from the start we could of gave them a right go.

Instead Jose decides to play this horrible play it safe and stay further back setup and it's back fired massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea wouldn't accept this from their manager. I don't even think Man City would take it.

If Mourinho is manager next season, United have accepted mediocrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea wouldn't accept this from their manager. I don't even think Man City would take it.

What a load of rubbish

Up until last few minutes most of out attacking players have been very deep so I'm not surprised in any of them looking poor.

Arsenal are an average team ffs with the players we had put out there from the start we could of gave them a right go.

Instead Jose decides to play this horrible play it safe and stay further back setup and it's back fired massively.

I'd fully understand if United didn't need the 3 points in this fixture. Attack and win your easy games consistently, defend and grind out results in the top games and you'll be there or thereabouts in the title race.

But given United needed the 3 points, I don't understand the defensive approach. Especially now hes flipped to attacking and risking key players when 0-2 down.

• Advertisement

Lol you're joking right. We're very close to winning the Europa you know. Pretty sure CL football isn't for the mediocrity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

It's not often you come across like you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

But you're trying really hard with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tuanzebe has been our MOTM so far

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United can still finish the season with 2 trophies.

Rooney is finish. So sad but it's the truth. Should be moved on this summer

RobertKK wrote: »

Trophies are only for midtable rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Rooney is finish. So sad but it's the truth. Should be moved on this summer

He was finished three years ago. He's a liability now

ScummyMan wrote: »
    He was finished three years ago. He's a liability now

Untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Two trophies that football would not miss if they were scrapped tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Nah

• Advertisement

Untrue.

Its very true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

People are way overacting to the result. We were due a defeat and sometimes in football games come at you in bad situations. We have this game sandwiched in between a tough European semi. Do I like losing to Arsenal? No, hated them when the rivalry was big and till hate it now.
    Do I like the approach we took in this game? No, but with the personnel available and the team condition I understand it.

Trophies are pointless now, feck this thread until Wednesday :)

Its very true

He was crucial to us winning the Fa Cup last year and has played well for the most part this season when called upon. Hardly the definition of finished 3 years ago. It's looking like this defeat will be blamed mainly on him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Would the above mentioned teams accept that though? United are supposed to be a world power.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saying "we need three points" misses the very obvious decision was made to focus entirely on the EL. Rightly or wrongly, we didn't start a good few first teamers. If it works, if we win EL, no one will care about this result next year, or even next month; CL would be in the bag.

Not even that bothered about the result tbh; I've long since accepted that there's a rack of players who just don't seem bothered. Rooney, Carrick, Martial, Smalling, Jones...the team where they are the focus were poor last season and were again today. You take Pogba, Bailly, Ibra...that spine goes and we struggle.

Jose will take a lot of flak at the end of the season if EL doesn't work out, but if it does, then today meant very little, and shouldn't shock anyone really.

Hard to take this defeat but it really doesn't matter a whole lot. As long as the heads stay high and we go into Thursday's game confident, we will be fine

He was crucial to us winning the Fa Cup last year and has played well for the most part this season when called upon. Hardly the definition of finished 3 years ago. It's looking like this defeat will be blamed mainly on him though.

I wouldn't blame the defeat on him but he has been mainly poor for a few seasons yes

Would the above mentioned teams accept that though? United are supposed to be a world power.

pep is finishing with nothing.

So yes, they're accepting it at city.

Stop talking utter nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

That's complete nonsense it's not even him been made a scapegoat he's been hopeless for 3/4 seasons and it's sad to see almost forget how good he was at this stage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement