Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Stuff like that must annoy you?

It's a wonder how the 2 teams above have managed to win the champions league each year for the past 3 years with all that hugging and laughing going on. Almost like it has no bearing on a game at all.

I'd back Fergie's ideas on man management and how to get a team properly focused over the approach of whoever was managing Barca and Real when that was filmed. I'm surprised how quickly United fans have forgotten how effective Fergie's approach was. Just because the continentals are all about the hugs and friendship doesn't mean it's a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Interesting debate by the two lads last night,I think Carragher was blinded by the results and performances against the top teams,ok it was defensive and not pretty to watch but the results against as Gary Neville said "stupid teams" at home have killed us.

Carragher was in heaven last night he was like all his xmass come at once.

It's a saving grace for them that united lost becsuse that all people are talking about it just took the attention off the draw earlier that day.

• Rooney was not the fault for the loss but no stats in the world can change the fact he's dreadful to watch
    Use your eyes, Rooney obviously didn't when Mata was standing in the box waiting for a tap in

Pro. F wrote: »
    I'd back Fergie's ideas on man management and how to get a team properly focused over the approach of whoever was managing Barca and Real when that was filmed. I'm surprised how quickly United fans have forgotten how effective Fergie's approach was. Just because the continentals are all about the hugs and friendship doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Fergie is retired nearly 4 year now no one will forget him but alot has changed even in them four year and Fergie more then anyone showed he knew how to adapt to the times.

Jose don't have a bad trophies record for his management style either id trust him to know what he is doing as much as I'd trust another top manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2016/187/en/phone/index.html

This reinforces the point of us needing a goal poacher.2nd only to Spurs in creating chances we should be scoring from but only a 34% conversion rate.Only Stoke have a worse conversion rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is modern football for you and happens literally before every game. I don't like it myself but have accepted it for what it is nowadays. It's just a job for the players, the typical tribal players that would die for the shirt are long gone.

The Arsenal rivalry is long dead to be fair. It was a great rivalry that maybe for people my age meant more than Liverpool, as Liverpool were such a non entity in my lifetime yet Arsenal were challenging us so much for titles and cups etc.

Obviously as I got older I understood the rivalry with Liverpool more, and as Arsenal have become a non entity for so long, and ourselves recently, and the players rotating over the years, the Arsenal rivalry of old isn't really there anymore.

In general though, personally don't really care about that playing bravado in the tunnel for fan fair. I'd plenty of respectful rivalries with teams in my youth or even local derbies where there was some handshake or the likes before a match or a little chat, try to get the best of each other for 90 minutes and then handshakes at the end. Would have played against some friends from school or even friends. Wasn't going to pretend act the dick with them for an hour and a half.

Probably just me though. I remember Neville blanking Schmeichael in the tunnel against City and thought it was pretty rubbish of him and clear pandering to the camera. Actually thought poorly of a number of players that blanked him that day. But might just be my bias towards idolising him.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    6 tackles lost? What does that even mean? Is it kinda like total shots. I mean it meaningless. So what, he failed 6 times, and was never successful at it. Great.

Nope. It means he tackled the opposition six times. That's a good thing.

A tackle is "won" if the ball goes immediately to a teammate or out of play. A tackle is "lost" when the ball goes to an opposition player. So, for example, if you tackle an opposition midfielder, breaking up a building attack, and the ball gets knocked back 20 yards and gathered up by an opposition defender, that counts as a tackle "lost" - even though it was a good tackle. So tackles won/lost is not an indication of success or failure, it's a misleading qualification. Total number of tackles, on the other hand, does give you some information about the play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Rooney was not the fault for the loss but no stats in the world can change the fact he's dreadful to watch
    Use your eyes, Rooney obviously didn't when Mata was standing in the box waiting for a tap in

Well, Rooney was not the fault, but he certainly forms part of it.

I'm not saying it was his fault, I believe in the main the fault lies with Jose with how he set the team up and message he gave out beforehand,
    but there is simply no defending Rooney.

He has been treated really well by Jose, treated with respect and given plenty of changes to turn his form around.

He has failed to do that. It is not about wanting to get rid of him, it is a necessity. Jose prefers smaller squads, therefore you simply cannot afford to carry such a useless player.

We already are carrying a number of underperforming players (Mkhitaryan, Martial even Rashford to a certain extent) but at least with two of them you can claim you are building for the future and the Mkhitaryan is coming to terms with a new league.)

None of that holds true for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I find it very hard to take we are where we are tbh

Apart from the cup and possible Europa league final

Massive massive European club failing to finish in the top 4 of home league for 3 of the last 4 years. Players

Absolutely depressing tbh no plan b and struggling to break down the leagues poorer teams

Tell Madrid to piss off degea for bale or Ronaldo or no deal

We need pace and a danger man up front and bale or Ronaldo can offer that

Nope. It means he tackled the opposition six times. That's a good thing.

A tackle is "won" if the ball goes immediately to a teammate or out of play. A tackle is "lost" when the ball goes to an opposition player. So, for example, if you tackle an opposition midfielder, breaking up a building attack, and the ball gets knocked back 20 yards and gathered up by an opposition defender, that counts as a tackle "lost" - even though it was a good tackle. So tackles won/lost is not an indication of success or failure, it's a misleading qualification. Total number of tackles, on the other hand, does give you some information about the play.

I'm not focused on Rooney, if you want to spin stats to try to make it look like he was even on the same pitch as players like Sanchez then fine.

To me he is a player that has faded beyond all recognition. Not only does he not contribute effectively, IMO he actually hinders the play.

If he can't run around like in the past then concentrate on scoring the chances you do get, like Zlatan or Ronaldo. He doesn't even offer that.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Fergie is retired nearly 4 year now no one will forget him but alot has changed even in them four year and Fergie more then anyone showed he knew how to adapt to the times.

Human psychology hasn't changed in the four years since Fergie retired to be fair.

Fergie's approach of treating the opposition like enemies was extremely uncommon at the time he was managing too, so this isn't a modern change.
    Jose don't have a bad trophies record for his management style either id trust him to know what he is doing as much as I'd trust another top manager.

Jose isn't half the man manager Fergie was.

I'm not focused on Rooney, if you want to spin stats to try to make it look like he was even on the same pitch as players like Sanchez then fine.

You are lying about what I have posted.

Rooney was not the fault for the loss but no stats in the world can change the fact he's dreadful to watch

Did you even read my post? The only reason I brought up the stats was to show that Squawka had been posting click bait rather than proving anything.

From watching the game he was one of our better attacking players. He was a lot better than Mata for example. But the vast majority the negative focus goes on Rooney. It's scapegoating pure and simple.

On the topic of Rooney and his tackles,against Arsenal they were pitiful. Lying on the ground as Arsenal players ran off down the pitch with the ball could be deemed a tackle lost.I'd have a less generous term for it.
    Stats mask a lot too,the shot he hit straight at Cech could be deemed "a shot inside the area", he hadn't the awareness to hear or see Mata standing alone screaming at him to roll it across for a tap in.
    While his lack of pace can be explained, how can his touch desert him and his awareness on the pitch? After playing for so long it should be the thing that improves.

zerks wrote: »
    On the topic of Rooney and his tackles,against Arsenal they were pitiful. Lying on the ground as Arsenal players ran off down the pitch with the ball could be deemed a tackle lost.I'd have a less generous term for it.
    Stats mask a lot too,the shot he hit straight at Cech could be deemed "a shot inside the area", he hadn't the awareness to hear or see Mata standing alone screaming at him to roll it across for a tap in.
    While his lack of pace can be explained, how can his touch desert him and his awareness on the pitch? After playing for so long it should be the thing that improves.

Striker shoots on goal from point blank range rather than passing - shocker. His touch and vision are fine. People just lose their sh?t over the fact he miscontrols the ball some times.

• Pro. F wrote: »
    Did you even read my post? The only reason I brought up the stats was to show that Squawka had been posting click bait rather than proving anything.

From watching the game he was one of our better attacking players. He was a lot better than Mata for example. But the vast majority the negative focus goes on Rooney. It's scapegoating pure and simple.

Not everything is about you. It was a general comment.

Mata was out of position, that's Joses fault. He had him nearly playing as a wing back.

I didn't scapegoat Rooney just think he's ****e, thanks for everything but enough is enough but its time to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2016/187/en/phone/index.html

This reinforces the point of us needing a goal poacher.2nd only to Spurs in creating chances we should be scoring from but only a 34% conversion rate.Only Stoke have a worse conversion rate.

A poor end to the season has people screaming about defensive Jose and happily forgetting that for the vast majority of the season our attacking play was actually quite good and only let down by consistently poor finishing. Have everything else remain the same but give us an Aguero or Costa this season and I have little doubt we would be comfortably top 3 right now.

Since we are now relying on two kids and a past it Rooney for goals the problem has only gotten worse, but it isn't the doom and gloom that some people are trying to make out. In terms of the bigger picture there is still a lot of reason for hope next season.

If just 3/4 chances had been taken in 3/4 of those draws would people now be dredging up bull**** stats about not scoring away to top 6 teams in the second half of games on Tuesday nights during the spring equinox? Probably not, they would probably be happy with the manager despite everything else being exactly the same as it is now that they are upset with the manager.

Not everything is about you. It was a general comment.

You just happened to post a comment about the exact same thing (Rooney and stats) I had posted about 10 minutes after. What a freaky coincidence.
    Mata was out of position, that's Joses fault. He had him nearly playing as a wing back.

As I said, the four attackers all suffered from Jose's set up. Rooney and Martial had a daft amount of ground cover because of the defensive shape, that's Jose's fault too.

• Pro. F wrote: »
    You just happened to post a comment about the exact thing I had posted about 10 minutes after. What a freaky coincidence.

As I said, the four attackers all suffered from Jose's set up. Rooney and Martial had a daft amount of ground cover because of the defensive shape, that's Jose's fault too.

Preaching to the converted. I've been saying that they last few days on repeat. He setup that way and it failed.

• Advertisement

A poor end to the season has people screaming about defensive Jose and happily forgetting that for the vast majority of the season our attacking play was actually quite good and only let down by consistently poor finishing. Have everything else remain the same but give us an Aguero or Costa this season and I have little doubt we would be comfortably top 3 right now.

Since we are now relying on two kids and a past it Rooney for goals the problem has only gotten worse, but it isn't the doom and gloom that some people are trying to make out. In terms of the bigger picture there is still a lot of reason for hope next season.

If just 3/4 chances had been taken in 3/4 of those draws would people now be dredging up bull**** stats about not scoring away to top 6 teams in the second half of games on Tuesday nights during the spring equinox? Probably not, they would probably be happy with the manager despite everything else being exactly the same as it is now that they are upset with the manager.

Isn't the end of the season the whole fecking point? What good did Pool get by being 2nd at Christmas? None. Jose was supposed to be building to something and instead we are falling over the line.

It was claimed earlier that Jose is right to priortise the EL over the PL as we have 3 game left in the PL. Spurs, Southamton, CP. Two of those we should we putting down as bankers. Only the Spurs game should be seen as potentially difficult. And even then, Pool etc need to better our results in order to get in (this is based on before the Arsenal game of course).

How is that any different to the EL. We have 2 tough games coming up. I don't see how you can look at both paths and claim that we have a better change in the EL that the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

You must have fantastic hearing if you heard Mata.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

How is that any different to the EL. We have 2 tough games coming up. I don't see how you can look at both paths and claim that we have a better change in the EL that the PL

Really?

The two EL games...

One is against Celta Vigo, at home, AND we go in with a 1 goal advantage. Ajax or Lyon, if you want to be generous, are on the same level as Southampton (I'd maybe elevate Lyon a bit more but they seemed to **** the bed against Ajax...).

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see how anyone can look at the EL path and NOT think its a drastically, dramatically easier route to the Champions League at this point.

Isn't the end of the season the whole fecking point?

The whole season is the fecking point, and making sure the whole of next season is a further improvement.

We have stumbled recently but then recent games aren't the reason we won't win that magical fourth place trophy, its the draws earlier in the season when we were actually playing well that have put us here, not a 2-0 loss to Arsenal.

Defoe?! Seriously lads

I know how grim is that like....

How is that any different to the EL.

It was never my argument but there was a very significant reason the EL route would be deemed easier than the PL route.

The EL route was in our own hands.

• Advertisement

Striker shoots on goal from point blank range rather than passing - shocker. His touch and vision are fine. People just lose their sh?t over the fact he miscontrols the ball some times.

Shooting when there's a better option is bollixology from him.The saying "second touch is a tackle" is the norm these days.
    Look at Valencia, a limited enough skill set compared to Rooney but you could fire a ball from a cannon at him and he can control it.
    From a growing list of poor performances,Sunday was one of his worst.FFS,had Fellaini not been banned,would Rooney have even gotten a start?
    It might seem like I'm picking on him but honestly it's sad watching him huffing and puffing around the pitch contributing feck all to the team.
    Thanks for the memories Wayne,best wishes at your new club in the future.

I don't disagree that the EL route is potentially easier. I disagree that is is drastically so.

Apart from the Spurs game, the other two should be 6 points. Then you only have the Spurs game. (again, I am talking from the context of the position we were in before the Arsenal game, when Jose could have changed).

A spurs team finished for the season and we probably would require a draw (given the Pool will probably drop more points).

Its not that the PL is easier, but why piss away the chance to double your odds? I am not arguing that the Arsenal game defines the season, of course not. But we were given another chance and Jose decided to turn his nose up at it.

I think that sends out the wrong signal to the players, the club and the fans.

In more positive news,a little bird told me United are playing in The Aviva in August, might be the first chance to see the new signings in the flesh.

The saying "second touch is a tackle" is the norm these days.

No, it's not. You are seeing what you want to see.

No, it's not. You are seeing what you want to see.

Going by Sunday,he can't even tackle anymore.
    A sad fall from grace for a fella who was a damn good player.

• Advertisement

I don't disagree that the EL route is potentially easier. I disagree that is is drastically so.

Apart from the Spurs game, the other two should be 6 points. Then you only have the Spurs game. (again, I am talking from the context of the position we were in before the Arsenal game, when Jose could have changed).

A spurs team finished for the season and we probably would require a draw (given the Pool will probably drop more points).

Its not that the PL is easier, but why piss away the chance to double your odds? I am not arguing that the Arsenal game defines the season, of course not. But we were given another chance and Jose decided to turn his nose up at it.

I think that sends out the wrong signal to the players, the club and the fans.

So, basically, you wanted Jose to throw out his entire game plan on an hour's notice when Liverpool lost? Because the morning of the Arsenal game, winning every match still might not have been enough. So chances are that decision to play that team was made over the days before, not hours, and they would have been drilling tactics, etc. To switch violently to a completely different team at the last second to fight down what was still a far, far harder path, would have been crazy (remember, at that point, it was 2 EL games verses 4 PL games).

Spurs, btw, won't be on holidays; it's their last home game at White Hart Lane, so they will be up for it. I'd also put SPurs on a bad day ahead of where we are now.
    Palace are fighting for relegation, but in the last month have recorded wins over City, Chelsea and Liverpool. On paper we should be able to beat them, but thats not a given, given how we're playing. And Southampton are well capable of tonking us too. There is zero chance that had he kept the harder path open, we would not have dropped points somewhere along the way.

At the end of the day, before the Arsenal game, Jose was given two paths.

Arsenal (away), Spurs (away), Southampton (away), Palace (home)
    or
    Celta Vigo (home, already 1-0 up), Ajax or Lyon (Neutral)

Those two paths ARE drastically different in difficulty. Half the number of games, and more advantages, is defintely a better option than 4 games, three away, two against top six teams (And a partridge in a pear treeeeee...sorry :o)
    Just because he was "given a chance" doesn't mean it would have been the right call to make. Its handy speaking in hindsight and getting annoyed he opted to close off the harder path, but for me, it was 100% the right decision. Too many eggs in one basket, and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Why is everyone so unimpressed with potentially signing Defoe when there's not even any mention of fees/wages at this stage?

Seems like an obvious move if Rooney were to move on.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Why is everyone so unimpressed with potentially signing Defoe when there's not even any mention of fees/wages at this stage?

Reports are, if I understand correctly, there'd be no fee, as he has a clause in his contract with Sunderland that lets him walk if they got relegated. Hence why he's being linked with loads of teams (Everton and West Ham seem more concrete rumours than us). Said rumours were also £75k a week wages, but thats less solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A club like United will be looking at far better options considering we have money to spend. I wouldnt want Defoe anywhere near United, we should be aiming a lot higher than a player who will be 35 next October who hasn't really played at the highest level.

• zerks wrote: »
    Going by Sunday,he can't even tackle anymore.
    A sad fall from grace for a fella who was a damn good player.

I distinctively remember some of his tackles, he tried this wild scissors like slide tackle from behind twice and failed.
    The first instance if he caught his man he would have been carded as Arsenal midfielder was away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

why replace an aging footballer with an older one? Defoe is being linked with the likes of cystal ,palace and west brom and that's the type of club that should be!

the time for stop gap measures has to cease. we should be developing rashford alongside another new no.9 that is being signed for the long haul such as a lukaku/belotti/morata.

I'd be looking at dolberg at ajax as a 3rd striker option to bring through,looks a great prospect and would offer more than chicarito

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reports are, if I understand correctly, there'd be no fee, as he has a clause in his contract with Sunderland that lets him walk if they got relegated. Hence why he's being linked with loads of teams (Everton and West Ham seem more concrete rumours than us). Said rumours were also £75k a week wages, but thats less solid.

Cheers for the info. Had a feeling there was no fee because of the clause in his contract but wasn't 100%.
    beakerjoe wrote:
    A club like United will be looking at far better options considering we have money to spend. I wouldnt want Defoe anywhere near United, we should be aiming a lot higher than a player who will be 35 next October who hasn't really played at the highest level.
    You're not going to have a squad of ~24 players that are world class and are in their prime. I don't think anyone is assuming that Defoe would be bought as our marquee summer signing and would be the first name on the team sheet. If we do qualify for CL we'll need even more strength and depth to be competitive on all fronts next year.

I'd be more than happy to take him at United if he isn't demanding first team football during his twilight years.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    why replace an aging footballer with an older one?

Just playing Devils Advocate here.

We have a limited budget, even if its a massive one. We need several players. We need a third choice striker willing to spend most of his time on the bench. We also need homegrown players (I presume Defoe is?). We'd need someone capable of preforming to PL standards, even if they only get a handful of games. He managed 15 goals in a dreadful, Moyes-led Sunderland team. Defoe would be "free", leaving money to be spent elsewhere. Could possibly offer some experience to Rashford in his training.

I'm not saying I want him, he's good enough, etc. I'd be more in the "Not good enough" camp. But there would be a list of positives to consider if the idea was to bring in an older third choice striker with no delusions of grandeur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just playing Devils Advocate here.

Me too

devils-advocate.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If Defoe was happy with being third choice striker behind a tier one striker and Rashford, I could see the logic.

But looking at the sources, I can't even see anything remotely concrete.

Castles mentioned it btw, with a relegation free transfer clause

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    why replace an aging footballer with an older one? Defoe is being linked with the likes of cystal ,palace and west brom and that's the type of club that should be!

the time for stop gap measures has to cease. we should be developing rashford alongside another new no.9 that is being signed for the long haul such as a lukaku/belotti/morata.

I'd be looking at dolberg at ajax as a 3rd striker option to bring through,looks a great prospect and would offer more than chicarito
    A ~£225,000 a week saving that could be better invested elsewhere? Defoe may be older but he looks sharper than Rooney these days too.

Defoe joining us wouldn't be a stop gap measure in our attempts to find our next world class striker. He would be taking the 3rd/4th choice striker position and adding some invaluable experience to assist with Rashfords development should both Rooney and Ibra both leave.

Going into a new season with two 19 year old forwards along with a new addition to the squad seems incredibly risky to me.

We shouldn't take Defoe even on a free imo. Jose's style needs strikers who can do target man work and/or run about a lot. Defoe won't be either, so better off without him.

If the squad is going to built for Jose, it needs to be done with a big eye on athleticism.

Because it's Jermain Defoe....we arn't talking Zlatan Ibrahimovic here. Don't get me wrong Defoe is a decent striker, but just that. I don't think the club are looking for bargain signings or someone to just make the numbers. Would be a really rubbish signing imo

I'd prefer the squad slot went to a promising striker from our youth setup.

Anyway we don't need a Defoe like signing to plug a gap. It's evident we will buy some form of striker this summer, and then have new striker, Rashford and Martial which should be plenty for the single striking slot we play.

I'd not be totally surprised if we got two strikers, Jose knowing Rashford and Martial can operate on that left side. So Defoe wouldn't even fit into the squad.

Jesus lads. Jermaine Defoe, that's up there with calls for James McCarthy a few years ago haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

We shouldn't take Defoe even on a free imo. Jose's style needs strikers who can do target man work and/or run about a lot. Defoe won't be either, so better off without him.

If the squad is going to built for Jose, it needs to be done with a big eye on athleticism.

Would you consider Defoe to be similar to Hernandez in some ways? Just curious as thats what I immediately thought since Mourinho made a comment a month or two ago that Chico would score 15-20 goals if he was still with United.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If Defoe signs they might as well get Michael Owen to come out of retirement

Or else get him in as a finishing coach,anything to get him off the TV :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoc wrote: »
    Jesus lads. Jermaine Defoe, that's up there with calls for James McCarthy a few years ago haha.

With the obvious exception that Defoe produces and has done in the past :)

Infairness defoe would actually be in better shape to contribute to the team then Owen did in his time here.

He would be an option off the bench that's all and i wouldn't him near the first team ahead of rashford.

i wouldn't him near the first team ahead of rashford.

I think we would be very foolish to go into next season relying on Rashford and Martial as 2 of 3 striking options.

Btw, Happy Moyes-aversary everyone. Four years ago, today, he was announced as our new manager :(

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    Would you consider Defoe to be similar to Hernandez in some ways? Just curious as thats what I immediately thought since Mourinho made a comment a month or two ago that Chico would score 15-20 goals if he was still with United.

Yep, I'd agree they are similar. Both fox-in-the-box types. But Chicharito is bigger, stronger, fitter and six years younger. I hope it's all just idle talk anyway, because I don't think Chicharito would be a good fit either. If we want more goal scorers then we should look for that from athletic strikers and wingers/AMs imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement