Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I refuse to read anymore posts discussing Rooney. Its like watching a bunch of people all spit on each other. Its disgusting and unnecessary. I want him sold soon so we can start to be nostalgic and forget all the bad things he done just like when we talk about Ferguson being a saint who never played a defensive system in his life.

Seems like people are getting more nervy as we get to the end of the season because the arguing is on another level now. Everyone trying to lay the groundwork for some big I Told You So's. 20-20 Hindsight is a marvellous thing to witness also. Football Manager has a lot to answer for the amount of experts online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

GSPfan wrote: »
    I refuse to read anymore posts discussing Rooney. Its like watching a bunch of people all spit on each other. Its disgusting and unnecessary. I want him sold soon so we can start to be nostalgic and forget all the bad things he done just like when we talk about Ferguson being a saint who never played a defensive system in his life.

Seems like people are getting more nervy as we get to the end of the season because the arguing is on another level now. Everyone trying to lay the groundwork for some big I Told You So's. 20-20 Hindsight is a marvellous thing to witness also. Football Manager has a lot to answer for the amount of experts online.

Glad I played championship manager.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

United are paying the price for what happened earlier in the season. To cope with a fixture pile up a team needs points on the board. United never had enough. Jose needs to work on the problems that lost points earlier in the season. I expect he will.

Roll on Thursday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Oh I really hope that is the real jersey for next season. It looks lovely! It actually looks very similar to my favourite Nike one.

Somewhere brinty is sitting scrolling threw the thread sipping a martini on a veranda and the eyes just popped out of his head demanding a pic ;)

It is a really really nice jersey tho no stupid printed in designs or two tone colours just a nice simple jersey with a little sponsor logo on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

jayo26 wrote: »
    Somewhere brinty is sitting scrolling threw the thread sipping a martini on a veranda and the eyes just popped out of his head demanding a pic ;)

It is a really really nice jersey tho no stupid printed in designs or two tone colours just a nice simple jersey with a little sponsor logo on the front.

Can't wait till Chevrolet is gone, ruins the jersey for me.

JamboMac wrote: »

I don't mind it to be honest it has grown in me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

JamboMac wrote: »

Be fine if it wasn't in gold imho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Love the Chevrolet logo, it pay over £50 million.

One big plus...

The Chevrolet logo has grown on me over the years. I saw a mock up jersey recently where the logo was done in white, that looked better, but I guess Chevy aren't paying United for something resembling their logo on their shirts.

I don't mind once it's not a betting company on the shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Why do some people think it's an agenda against Rooney? He's been sh!te for years now what you thinks gonna happen he'll just suddenly become the player he once was?

Because of posts like this rubbish here ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

stankratz wrote: »
    The Chevrolet logo has grown on me over the years. I saw a mock up jersey recently where the logo was done in white, that looked better, but I guess Chevy aren't paying United for something resembling their logo on their shirts.

I don't mind once it's not a betting company on the shirt.

+1 I don't care about other certain Sponsor brands as much as I would have a problem with gambling firm on United jersey.

Hope I never see the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/afp/status/862014878520946688

AFP news agency @AFP

#BREAKING FIFA to investigate Paul Pogba's Manchester United transfer

Might get our money back:pac:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hmmm

AFP news agency @AFP

Haha wouldn't be first time It cause uproar when we signed him as teenager too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If it came to it, a transfer ban would set us back years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The details of the transfer were supposedly leaked so I'd say it's something to do with Riola's fees n that. From what I read there was supposedly another 16m to Riola over a couple of years which I think was on top of what was paid to Him by Juve

+1 I don't care about other certain Sponsor brands as much as I would have a problem with gambling firm on United jersey.

Hope I never see the day.

Yep, even though I place the odd bet myself, there's just something very tacky about it on football shirts. Plus, I wouldn't like the thoughts of walking around in my United shirt advertising for them.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hmmm

AFP news agency @AFP

FIFA just read the same as the rest of us yesterday. That Raiola got €40m+ out of one deal, and are personally offended at the idea of so much money changing hands in football without them getting some of it.

Bit over the top talking of transger bans haha. Id imagine its third party ownership they are worried about with raiola and juventus. I cant see united been daft enough to mess about on a world record transfer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Investigate" = wrong doing has occured. Just means they want to look into something for some reason.

J. Marston wrote: »

Others have done worse. It will be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

:
    Might get our money back:pac:

Might take the super agent cape off Raiola and the 41mill :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

From what was reported at the time, the big slice of the transfer fee riola got was paid by juventus (which was correct per the contract agreed with them when they signed Pogba).if there is any issue I imagine it will be there (3rd party ownership?) and that will be a juventus issue not a United one.

I wonder if Pogba himself could face any sanction - which could impact United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

There is more info on what happened on footmercato -

http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/transferts/football-leaks-la-fifa-ouvre-une-enquete-apres-le-transfert-de-pogba-a-manchester-united_201618

United will pay in total €127 million for Pogba, €49m of it to Raiola and the remaining €78m to Juve.

The problem appears to be that Raiola was employed by Juve to sell at the best price and also employed by United to buy at the cheapest price. This practice is banned by Fifa and most likely is what is being investigated.

There is also the mention of offshore accounts in Jesrsey to avoid paying tax. I would imagine that is all on Raiola too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

From what was reported at the time, the big slice of the transfer fee riola got was paid by juventus (which was correct per the contract agreed with them when they signed Pogba).if there is any issue I imagine it will be there (3rd party ownership?) and that will be a juventus issue not a United one.

I wonder if Pogba himself could face any sanction - which could impact United.

So juve are trying to back out of paying riola possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

rwbug wrote: »

http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/transferts/football-leaks-la-fifa-ouvre-une-enquete-apres-le-transfert-de-pogba-a-manchester-united_201618

United will pay in total €127 million for Pogba, €49m of it to Raiola and the remaining €78m to Juve.

The problem appears to be that Raiola was employed by Juve to sell at the best price and also employed by United to buy at the cheapest price. This practice is banned by Fifa and most likely is what is being investigated.

There is also the mention of offshore accounts in Jesrsey to avoid paying tax. I would imagine that is all on Raiola too.

So riola could be in trouble rather than the two clubs?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whatever the focus of the investigation is, the amount of money going to football agents is absolutely scandalous in recent years. Not my money and all that, but for a largely unnecessary role in reality, it takes a stupid amount of money, and the likes of Raiola and Jorge Mendes are the biggest beneficiaries of it. I'd love if agents were banned from transfers except in wage/benefit negotiations for the players the represent. Even at that, I'd love to see them banned entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great coup by Woodward.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Defoe is likely leaving Sunderland on a free but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ed bid 30 million for him and make him the highest paid 35 year old in the world.
    Great coup by Woodward.

2 digs in one day? You're on a roll today

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

astradave wrote: »

Yet wonders why NOBODY takes his posts seriously.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Ah i do take his posts seriously......

on the golf forum :D

• Advertisement

?
    Wonders? Where did you get that?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Ah The Wonder Years. Now there was a good show.

The digs will continue until the club gets its act together :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

49 million to an agent in one deal is nothing short of a disgrace.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mewe wrote: »
    Ah The Wonder Years. Now there was a good show.

What would you think if I sang out of tune.
    Would you stand up and walk out on me

49 million to an agent in one deal is nothing short of a disgrace.

Its a good thing that Juventus paid most of that so isn't it ;)

Headshot wrote: »
    What would you think if I sang out of tune.
    Would you stand up and walk out on me

Lend me your ears and ill sing you a song
    ill try not to sing out of key, yeah!

• J. Marston wrote: »

You continue to be a bag of depression
    Why? It's a report with nothing else of note.
    Yet you go to the max!

Lend me your ears and ill sing you a song
    ill try not to sing out of key, yeah!

Ohh baby I'll get by with a little help from my friend's............. get by with a little help from my friend's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Place has been a buzz kill since the Arsenal game. A game that really didn't matter .

Roll on Thursday

And tomorrow night we will do life goes on ;) Ohh blah di Ohh blah dah :)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yet you go to the max!

Whats depressing is that Railoa could possibly get paid by 2 clubs to facilitate a transfer uggggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Whats depressing is that Railoa could possibly get paid by 2 clubs to facilitate a transfer uggggh.

He probably pocketed a few million from the Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic deals too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yet you go to the max!

Sorry about that.

Ignore button is there if it's annoying you.

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Sorry about that.

Ignore button is there if it's annoying you.

I don't want to ignore you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Headshot wrote: »
    Place has been a buzz kill since the Arsenal game. A game that really didn't matter .

Roll on Thursday

Yeah it doesn't matter, assuming that Man Utd win the Europa League. Im sure though football fans these days don't assume they have won something before it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Claims that Zlatan is on wages of £367,640 a week, but was 4 PL games from earning a contract extension.
    Pogba on £165,588 a week, but will get a £3.4 million loyalty bonus next year with a £34k a week pay rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RobertKK wrote: »
    Claims that Zlatan is on wages of £367,640 a week, but was 4 PL games from earning a contract extension.
    Pogba on £165,588 a week, but will get a £3.4 million loyalty bonus next year with a £34k a week pay rise.

40248EC100000578-4489690-image-m-78_1494366345263.jpg

4024D25800000578-4489690-image-a-53_1494363976637.jpg

Football Leaks: The Dirty Business of Football, by Rafael Buschmann and Michael Wurzinger is published on Thursday by Der Spiegel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

That's clearly wrong. Juventus have published the details. Not sure what so hard to understand. Juventus owned only 75% of Pogba as agent owned 25% of the transfer fee. So out of 89 Million they got 22 Million. 16 Million will be paid for brokering the deal.

• To clarify: Man Utd will not be investigated.
    It's Juve & the agent in question.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement